GPS satellites???

  • 147 Replies
  • 25914 Views
*

EvilToothpaste

  • 2461
  • The Reverse Engineer
GPS satellites???
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2007, 10:43:28 AM »
Quote from: "Quarrior"
Quote from: "Czigot"
They can "clearly see differently"?  How's that?

And what is it with all you argumentative types and bad grammar?


Too lazy to correct. From the alttitude which most fighters can reach today, the sphereical nature of the Earth could be clearly defined.

Please quantify that claim.

GPS satellites???
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »
Quote from: "EvilToothpaste"
Quote from: "Quarrior"
Quote from: "Czigot"
They can "clearly see differently"?  How's that?

And what is it with all you argumentative types and bad grammar?


Too lazy to correct. From the alttitude which most fighters can reach today, the sphereical nature of the Earth could be clearly defined.

Please quantify that claim.


It would be my pleasure. even at 60 000ft (18 300m - the altitude of the Eurofighter Typhoon) the planes would be flying in the troposhere, giving them a clear, unobstructed view of the world below. Now granted a fair amount would be covered in clouds. so lets so that the furthest the plane could see completely unobstructed is to the top of the highest clouds, which are found at 5000m. But lets say we are at the North pole where the highest clouds orbit much lower, at 3000m, so the visable distance straight down is 15 300m

Ok so using trigonometry and a hypothetical view angle of 60 degrees (remember he's in the troposphere, he can look where ever he wants, theoretically if the Earth was flat, he could see right until the edge but lets just say his maximum viewing angle is 60, which is nothing really)

He could see in a radius 26, 500m from the point directly below him.

After calculating it the Earths surface drops away by 100th of a degree, assuming a 60 degree view field.

However in the troposphere there would be no visual interfearance, at 80 degrees (he could see in a radius of 85 000m below him) the earths surface drops by almost half a degree...or in other words, the Earth surface drops away by just under a kilometer, thats a pretty defined curve consider how enourmous the Earth is and we are only 26km's above the surface of the clouds. On a clear day it would be further. Thats just with jet fights at 80 degree vieing angel. From the troposphere you would be able to see the Earth's edge.

Then we get to satellites. most countries have space programs, however only America/Russia and China activily launch objects into outer-space. The Australian government I know pays the Americans to launch satellites on its behalf, as do the French and British...are all these countries in on the conspiracy as well
...population who believe in globularism solely on the basis of having been told so?

?

Tom Bishop

GPS satellites???
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2007, 07:39:42 PM »
Quote
at 60,000 feet... the earths surface drops by almost half a degree...or in other words, the Earth surface drops away by just under a kilometer, thats a pretty defined curve


I can agree with that. Too bad civilians are not permitted to fly to an altitude of 60,000 feet to verify this.

*

cmdshft

  • The Elder Ones
  • 13149
  • swiggity swooty
GPS satellites???
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2007, 07:40:42 PM »
Too bad for you I am going in the Air Force this summer.

Guess who'll have clearance to tell you otherwise? :wink:

?

Tom Bishop

GPS satellites???
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »
Quote
Guess who'll have clearance to tell you otherwise? :wink:


The military doesn't give clearance to to diploma mill drop outs, sorry.

*

cmdshft

  • The Elder Ones
  • 13149
  • swiggity swooty
GPS satellites???
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2007, 07:46:02 PM »
Hey Tom, why don't you leave my schooling alone? Have you considered there was a reason other than money that I stopped going?

You're being a real big asshole by saying shit like that, and pissing me off.

And you've never been in the military, and guess what? I already spoke with recruiters. If I get assigned as a pilot, I would have the proper clearance.

Like I said, I've tried to help you, and you need to do some damn research.

?

RESOCR

  • 416
  • I argue for stress relief!
GPS satellites???
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2007, 07:46:58 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
Quote
Guess who'll have clearance to tell you otherwise? :wink:


The military doesn't give clearance to to diploma mill drop outs, sorry.


the military gives clearance to all qualified pilots regardless of education. See the military isn't about education, although they give you some, it's about skill and merit.
Quote from: ice wall gard 469320
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Atmosphere gets thinner with altitude
And so does your theory

GPS satellites???
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
Quote
at 60,000 feet... the earths surface drops by almost half a degree...or in other words, the Earth surface drops away by just under a kilometer, thats a pretty defined curve


I can agree with that. Too bad civilians are not permitted to fly to an altitude of 60,000 feet to verify this.


too bad all the worlds militaries and all the service men and women are part of the conspiracy...suddenly it just gets more and more rediculous
...population who believe in globularism solely on the basis of having been told so?

GPS satellites???
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2007, 08:01:53 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
Quote
Guess who'll have clearance to tell you otherwise? :wink:


The military doesn't give clearance to to diploma mill drop outs, sorry.


what do u have a degree in tom? if anything it would be Batchelor of arts no doubt in history of english literature, majoring in speculative fiction.
...population who believe in globularism solely on the basis of having been told so?

?

Tom Bishop

GPS satellites???
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2007, 08:07:22 PM »
Quote
And you've never been in the military, and guess what? I already spoke with recruiters. If I get assigned as a pilot, I would have the proper clearance.


You really are gullible.

Only officers can become pilots. Only college graduates can become officers.

GPS satellites???
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
Quote
And you've never been in the military, and guess what? I already spoke with recruiters. If I get assigned as a pilot, I would have the proper clearance.


You really are gullible if you believed them.

Only officers can become pilots. Only degree holders can become officers.


Whats your degree in tom...i state again if anything it would be Batchelor of arts no doubt in history of english literature, majoring in speculative fiction.
...population who believe in globularism solely on the basis of having been told so?

*

cmdshft

  • The Elder Ones
  • 13149
  • swiggity swooty
GPS satellites???
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2007, 08:13:59 PM »
Tom.

Before you post.

DO SOME RESEARCH!

I plan on attending the Academy. Which, if you didn't know, is an accredited "community" college in the Air Force, and they give degree's. Oh, and guess what? When you get out of the Academy, you get... A degree! So that means... I can be an Officer! Which means that if I was so inclined... I could become a pilot!

Although I plan on doing graphic design and photography as my major and minor (respectively), I still have the option of being an officer upon graduation.

DO SOME RESEARCH!

?

Tom Bishop

GPS satellites???
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2007, 08:16:45 PM »
Quote
I plan on attending the Academy. Which, if you didn't know, is an accredited "community" college in the Air Force, and they give degree's.


In that case, you are not really "joining the Airforce" this summer, are you?

*

cmdshft

  • The Elder Ones
  • 13149
  • swiggity swooty
GPS satellites???
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »
You need to go through Boot Camp, and then you are in the Air Force. You need to be in the Air Force before you can attend the Academy.

So, yes, I would be in the Air Force this summer.

Stop making this about me, and focus on the the main point of the thread.

*

EvilToothpaste

  • 2461
  • The Reverse Engineer
GPS satellites???
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2007, 12:10:27 AM »
You know Quarrior, I'm not intending to be rude, but I can hardly follow your posts.  You're jumping all over the place and you're not specifying where it is you are going.  You should read your posts over before you submit them, or something.  You are not doing a great job of gettting your point across and you have done an extremely poor job of clarifying the calculations you made.  I'm not going to just take your word for it, and I really cannot tell what it is you have shown with these quantities.  You're going to have to clarify all of your reasoning and calculations, please, if you want anyone to know what you are talking about.  

Why do you need a viewing angle?  Where is this viewing angle directed?  
Quote from: "Quarrior"
He could see in a radius 26, 500m from the point directly below him.

How did you get that number?  I get a different number for the viewable surface radius, but I can't tell what it is you are calculating.  Is this FE or RE?

Quote from: "Quarrior"
After calculating it the Earths surface drops away by 100th of a degree, assuming a 60 degree view field.

How did you get that degree measure?  The surface drops from where?  I don't think you would notice 1/100 degree in any situation.  

Quote from: "Quarrior"
However in the troposphere there would be no visual interfearance, at 80 degrees (he could see in a radius of 85 000m below him) the earths surface drops by almost half a degree...or in other words, the Earth surface drops away by just under a kilometer, thats a pretty defined curve consider how enourmous the Earth is and we are only 26km's above the surface of the clouds. On a clear day it would be further. Thats just with jet fights at 80 degree vieing angel. From the troposphere you would be able to see the Earth's edge.

Ignore visual interference, it is of no use to this calculation.  

Why did you choose another viewing angle?

Half a degree absolutely is NOT a very defined curve, considering how enormous the Earth is.  However, I can not tell what this quantity means from reading your description.  You're going to have to make some kind of drawing.

Please don't respond to each of my questions; just run through your calculations with drawings and descriptions, please.

GPS satellites???
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2007, 03:20:53 PM »
Im not denying that people could somehow see a drop of 100th of a degree. I chose another viewing angle to show the difference 20 degrees could make.

The 26 500m is the radius of a circle normal to the varticle line from the distance to the Earth surface and it is correct, perhaps we are thinking of different things. It is for both FE and RE theories.
However in a RE theory the pilot could actually see a greater radius than this because it is a greater hypoteinein distance to the surface of the planet would be greater due to its curving away. However it easiest to calculate the curvature of the Earth if you just use simple triangles and then measure the angle of depression using it and a chord which runs through the surface of the Earth (because 26.5km of the Earth is nothing in terms of its circumference and the curvature would be minute so its ok enough to estimate in this way...the overall difference will be neglegable if we account fo the slight curvature and the angle of depression will be the same.

I'll draw a diagram when I get back from a boring relo bash later today, as for now gotta head off.
...population who believe in globularism solely on the basis of having been told so?

?

frauntoz

GPS satellites???
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2007, 04:37:13 PM »
Quote from: "Quarrior"
Whats your degree in tom...i state again if anything it would be Batchelor of arts no doubt in history of english literature, majoring in speculative fiction.

I'm a new visitor as of today (yes, from digg), all I know so far is some of your posts are useless and you should try to be more respectful even if you don't agree with people.  Your immaturity does not help your arguments.  Same thing with Tom and the Haiku character.  Get over your egos and provide convincing evidence... Everyone just bounces off each other and then screams "do research!" or "i'm gonna be a pilot yay!"

Instead of a society this seems to be a meeting of the quickly aggravated.

?

guystarsky

GPS satellites???
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2007, 05:27:38 PM »
Okay Tom, you say that Satellite TV does not require satellites to exist. That the signals can come from radio towers.

Let me ask you a question: Have you ever worked with a satellite for satellite TV reception?

The dish has to be precisely aimed at a specific location in the sky that changes based upon where you are located on the planet. The positioning has to be so acurate that you cannot be more than a couple of tenths of a degree off of the positioning point.

How do you get that result with radio towers? Radio waves can be somewhat directional, yes; but for the most part, radio waves propegate in a fashion that (especially at the frequency that they use for satellite communication) they spread out over large areas and are not directional.

And because I want a real answer, you need to explain this to me with more than two sentences or a link to another website. I want to see that you truly understand the physics of how radio waves, more specifically those used for satellite commincation, work.

*

EvilToothpaste

  • 2461
  • The Reverse Engineer
GPS satellites???
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2007, 05:33:29 PM »
Quote from: "frauntoz"
I'm a new visitor as of today (yes, from digg), all I know so far is some of your posts are useless and you should try to be more respectful even if you don't agree with people.  Your immaturity does not help your arguments.  Same thing with Tom and the Haiku character.  Get over your egos and provide convincing evidence... Everyone just bounces off each other and then screams "do research!" or "i'm gonna be a pilot yay!"

Instead of a society this seems to be a meeting of the quickly aggravated.

Well said my friend.  No one is going to listen, though.  I've said a number of times that this site is full of knee-jerk responses with little to no thought put into them.  Some of them are funny, yes, but they should be kept to the "angry ranting" section.  

And Quarrior, I hope to see your next post soon.

GPS satellites???
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2007, 05:55:52 AM »
Quote from: "EvilToothpaste"
Quote from: "frauntoz"
I'm a new visitor as of today (yes, from digg), all I know so far is some of your posts are useless and you should try to be more respectful even if you don't agree with people.  Your immaturity does not help your arguments.  Same thing with Tom and the Haiku character.  Get over your egos and provide convincing evidence... Everyone just bounces off each other and then screams "do research!" or "i'm gonna be a pilot yay!"

Instead of a society this seems to be a meeting of the quickly aggravated.

Well said my friend.  No one is going to listen, though.  I've said a number of times that this site is full of knee-jerk responses with little to no thought put into them.  Some of them are funny, yes, but they should be kept to the "angry ranting" section.  

And Quarrior, I hope to see your next post soon.


Sorry but Ive actually been living a life. Can't stay on this thing 24/7 like some.

As for this new chap, read the forums where I've posted, I'm one of the few that actually privides scientific evidence to support my arguments, most of the FE'ers, EvilToothPaste included dont actually have points to their arguments. As u will notice they just attack the credibility of the RE'ers without posting anything to support Flat Earth Theory.

Once again another topic disproving FE has turned into an attack on an RE'er in some form or another...for GOD SAKE STAY ON TOPIC!
...population who believe in globularism solely on the basis of having been told so?

*

EvilToothpaste

  • 2461
  • The Reverse Engineer
GPS satellites???
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2007, 09:26:37 AM »
Quote from: "Quarrior"
Sorry but Ive actually been living a life.

That must be really good for you.  I have too!

Quote from: "Quarrior"
As for this new chap, read the forums where I've posted, I'm one of the few that actually privides scientific evidence to support my arguments, most of the FE'ers, EvilToothPaste included dont actually have points to their arguments. As u will notice they just attack the credibility of the RE'ers without posting anything to support Flat Earth Theory.

Yes, let us all grovel at your ability to regurgitate.  You are just spewing words into this forum, non of which have been 'evidence'.  I think you got some stuck in your hair, too.  

You have only show evidence that there is real evidence.  

Quote from: "Quarrior"
Once again another topic disproving FE has turned into an attack on an RE'er in some form or another...for GOD SAKE STAY ON TOPIC!

Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

GPS satellites???
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2007, 09:30:08 AM »
DON'T ARGUE WITH EVILTOOTHPASTE FOR HE IS THE TRUSTED DISCIPLE OF FATHER TOM BISHOP.

*

EvilToothpaste

  • 2461
  • The Reverse Engineer
GPS satellites???
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2007, 09:33:38 AM »
Quote from: "READfukkingFAQ"
DON'T ARGUE WITH EVILTOOTHPASTE FOR HE IS THE TRUSTED DISCIPLE OF FATHER TOM BISHOP.

Are you kidding me?  I've never agreed with a single thing Tom Bishop has said.  I can't wait until you trolls are banned.  

Can't wait.

GPS satellites???
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2007, 05:57:52 PM »
Quote from: EvilToothpaste
Quote from: "Quarrior"
As for this new chap, read the forums where I've posted, I'm one of the few that actually privides scientific evidence to support my arguments, most of the FE'ers, EvilToothPaste included dont actually have points to their arguments. As u will notice they just attack the credibility of the RE'ers without posting anything to support Flat Earth Theory.

Yes, let us all grovel at your ability to regurgitate.  You are just spewing words into this forum, non of which have been 'evidence'.  I think you got some stuck in your hair, too.  

You have only show evidence that there is real evidence.  

Quote from: "EvilToothpaste"
Quote from: "Quarrior"
Once again another topic disproving FE has turned into an attack on an RE'er in some form or another...for GOD SAKE STAY ON TOPIC!

Hypocrisy knows no bounds.


At least I have a point about the topic when I insult someone, lol once again u fail to stay on topic.

I always provide evidence when I argue. if you actually sat and read my posts, unless i'm defending myself from pointless personal attacks like this forum has turned into, I actually have something to say, and I never regurgitate. If i regurgitated I would actually have sentences which are formally structured, like the documents I would be regurgitating from. I just type out a quick argument with no care for grammar or spelling. Why should I, noone else does, it's pretty much a reflection of how seriously people actually take FE theory. There is a reason why, in a forum of only a few thousand, 90% support the notion of a spherical Earth.

FE theory just provides us with pseudo-scientific rubbish, no actual evidence. You say I don't provide anything to support my arguments, lets see some FE theorists provide solid evidence to prove their point. Oh wait, I forgot, there is none!

Not one person has argued the point that geomagnetic reversal is not Possible and FE theory. I provided evidence for it, and look what happens to the forum, its a "you're a crock of shit" session now.

Cmon Evil, you just sit there and *try* abuse with nothing intellegent to say, pathetic...I say again, stay on track.

Geomagnetic Reversal, how is it possible in FE theory?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleomagnetism
OOPS!!!

Just because you are to stupid to find it yourself.

Anyway this forum isn't about Magnetism, lets get back to satellites.
...population who believe in globularism solely on the basis of having been told so?

*

EvilToothpaste

  • 2461
  • The Reverse Engineer
GPS satellites???
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »
Do you know what the topic is?  Do you know what you have been posting these last two pages?  You must not know one of those, because if you did you would realize that nothing you posted pertains to the topic.  So I will say again:  you are a hypocrite.  

I'm still waiting for you to clarify your maths about the curvature of the Earth.  Your post which, I will add, was not on topic.

*

EvilToothpaste

  • 2461
  • The Reverse Engineer
GPS satellites???
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2007, 10:25:02 PM »

GPS satellites???
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2007, 01:14:25 AM »
Quote from: "EvilToothpaste"
Do you know what the topic is?  Do you know what you have been posting these last two pages?  You must not know one of those, because if you did you would realize that nothing you posted pertains to the topic.  So I will say again:  you are a hypocrite.  

I'm still waiting for you to clarify your maths about the curvature of the Earth.  Your post which, I will add, was not on topic.



lol what did I say, personal attacks. I was just showing you that i provide evidence to support my arguments. Your wrong and you can't face it so you just abuse people...and they say FE'ers arn't ignorant!

You are truely pathetic. Unless you have something intellegent to say I;m not going to continue to discuss this matter with you further.
...population who believe in globularism solely on the basis of having been told so?

?

BOGWarrior89

  • 3793
  • We are as one.
GPS satellites???
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2007, 01:55:19 AM »
Quote from: "Quarrior"
Unless you have something intellegent to say I;m not going to continue to discuss this matter with you further.


I'm glad to see that you've finally given up.