Are you serious?

• 20 Replies
?

RoundEarther

Are you serious?
« on: February 06, 2007, 05:22:23 PM »
Please tell me you guys aren't.  Because if this site or these theories are I just might have to lose all faith I ever had in humanity.

Are you serious?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 05:33:24 PM »
Its a joke site. One long overdone running joke. Just don't spoil it for the idiots who think its real  :P

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Are you serious?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »
Quote from: "sse1281"
Its a joke site. One long overdone running joke. Just don't spoil it for the idiots who think its real  :P

It is not a joke; there are some people here who really believe the Earth is flat.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
Are you serious?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »

?

RoundEarther

Lol
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 10:16:38 AM »
I don't know if you guys know this or not but THE FAQ DOES NOT HELP YOUR POINT OUT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.

Are you serious?
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 10:22:04 AM »
Haha wow - you completely miss the whole point of this webpage.
 know the earth is round, but I like to argue things that can't be proved 100% as well.

Are you serious?
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 10:25:39 AM »
The point of this website is for a very small number of geeks/nerd whose ambition in life is to be able to cause reactions in people. E.g. anger and disbelief.

I believe there are more productive ways to do this and for much better causes.

Thanks for what I've learnt today. It has been good.

Are you serious?
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »
Truthful1, I think you missed the point of this webpage as well...

Although I do think some of the people actually do believe the earth is flat, and for those people, I have no explanation.
 know the earth is round, but I like to argue things that can't be proved 100% as well.

Are you serious?
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 10:27:15 AM »
what is the point of this webpage then?

Are you serious?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 10:28:02 AM »
is it to show people the ridiculousness of some arguments?

or to get people to believe in themselves to trust and find their own logic and to think for themselves?

?

RoundEarther

Are you serious?
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 10:29:19 AM »
It's for people who believe the earth is flat.  I'm not kidding.  Go look it up on wikipedia.

Are you serious?
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 10:30:29 AM »
In my opinion, it is to prove a point -

Everyone thinks the earth is round, but an argument does exist for a flat earth that can't be easily disproved. It is arguing for the basis to argue to show that not everything is as cut and dry as things appear. Photos CAN BE manipulated, the government CAN BE in a conspiracy - are these strong arguments? No, but they do go a long way in disproving RE.

I try to bring up points that falsify FE that do not fit the models. This website is debating on the fact that there is no absoulte truth.

I am sure some people do believe in a flat earth here, but for the most part, the FE'ers are people who like to debate and don't take things at face value, and laugh at how pissed off people get when they can't make them believe the earth is round.

Are you serious?
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »
I was looking at it before I found this site.

I am thinking about when they last created or modified their websites.

It seems not unlikely that they would have changed their beliefs by now, all except people who believe in Bible stories, which are actually myths, since the Bible is just a collection of them.

Are you serious?
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 10:32:44 AM »
I see what you mean.

I still do think there are better things to be doing than to participate on this site though.

Go and create a website of your own.

Mine is at http://www.signumkx.co.uk

Only started last week, so it is a little bland.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
Are you serious?
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »
Nobody cares about your crappy site.

Are you serious?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 10:37:19 AM »
I'll be improving it soon. Thanks for the feedback.

You must be very confident and secure in yourself to have said that.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
Are you serious?
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 10:42:05 AM »
Quote from: "Truthful1"
You must be very confident and secure in yourself to have said that.

Yes I am. Also, I read the rules:

* Advertising will result in deletions, locks, and bans.
DO NOT create advertisement threads/posts for off site things such as trading/selling DVDs or Games, clubs, websites, contests, etc.

(NOTE: You may advertise your personal site in your signature.)
DO NOT send unsolicited private messages to our members advertising things such as trading/selling DVDs or off site clubs, contests, etc.

Are you serious?
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 10:43:41 AM »
that's not an advertisement. it's a link to an article which has relevance to the round earth / flat earth theory

Are you serious?
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »
there aren't that many people who are confident enough to point out that another person's site is 'crappy'

most people just sit and tolerate it

but you are different

i think you must be a very strong and powerful person in real life and that there must be people everywhere admiring and respecting you for criticizing their strengths and making them feel weak and useless

kudos to you.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
Are you serious?
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 10:46:01 AM »

Are you serious?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
ah.