Maps and such

• 1 Replies
?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
Maps and such
« on: January 05, 2006, 06:08:15 PM »
So, I note that the flat-earthers have been destroyed in basically every thread here, which is hilarious.  Everyone, give yourselves a big high five.  But I figure I'll throw them a bone and make a topic that they haven't been destroyed on yet.

Now kids, I ask you all to take out your atlases, and look at the world map.  Look at Groenland, it's that big country to the north-east of Canada.  Now see, that's actually the problem...it's not that big, however, its contours are exactly where they should be in relation to all the other countries.

Now take out your spherical globe (flat earthers, you may need to go to your neighbors houses for this one.  Explain to them how you're trying to figure out if the earth is indeed round.  Tell me what they say), look at the same country.  Looks small doesn't it?  Notice how it's still in the same place in position in relation to everything else?

Uh oh...looks like the earth is a globe...Now flat earthers, if your crying by now (which I assume you are, as a result of your entire world view being shattered), look on the bright side; you can spin the globe and watch the pretty countries go round and round!  Couldn't do that with a flat earth now could you?

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
Maps and such
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 07:50:52 PM »
you could drill a hole in the middle, put it on a record player, turn it on, and watch it spin round and round.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."