one for the rounders v2

• 60 Replies
one for the rounders v2
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 06:18:31 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"

Here is the friend (aka assistant) I paid standing in front of the protractor.

Wow. That ranks up there with Diego Draw for "Worst Photoshop Ever."
Congratulations.

midgard

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 08:14:31 AM »
Quote from: "Ambassadork"
Congratulations.

Thankyou for the congratulations however it appears that you are implying that the picture is faked!

I am getting rather sick of these assaults upon my integrity Ambassadork, perhaps you should wait until you have something constructive to add before typing on the keyboard.

There's a telephone number on the protractor for MacGiant's (supplied by IPTM) that you can call if you don't believe me.

?

RenaissanceMan

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 08:35:16 AM »
So, I take it the purpose of fabricating this experiment was either:

1) To see if anyone would catch the obvious flaws. (Which people did)

2) To show that any dolt can fabricate an experiment, so long as they ignore any level of integrity or scientific process.

Obviously, the problem with experiments like these, while doable and will certainly prove the earth is not flat... is the difficulty of execution. It takes a good chunk of time to design the experiment, build the apparatus, document the falsifiability, and provide for the repeatability of the experiment. Where as it only takes 2 minutes to post whatever idiocy you want on the internet.

midgard

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 08:44:12 AM »
Quote from: "RenaissanceMan"

2) To show that any dolt can fabricate an experiment, so long as they ignore any level of integrity or scientific process.

Obviously, the problem with experiments like these, while doable and will certainly prove the earth is not flat... is the difficulty of execution. It takes a good chunk of time to design the experiment, build the apparatus, document the falsifiability, and provide for the repeatability of the experiment. Where as it only takes 2 minutes to post whatever idiocy you want on the internet.

How dare you insult my integrity sir!!!

I performed this experiment numerous times, and each result turn out the same: the earth is flat!

Fabricate an experiment... tut tut for shame on you sir.

haha
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 08:59:28 AM »
hey midgard, your experiment is pretty bad. There are people that have already proven the rotation of the earth. If you were smart, which you don't seem to be, you would have heard of the foucault pendulum. You can't disprove that. your experiments are miniscule compared to the foucault pendulum. You probably wouldnt understand how the pendulum works because your not a physicist. Due to your lack of knowledge, i will expect a stupid response. The reality is, you cant respond, the foucault pendulum exists. look it up, better yet, visit the museum and talk to a physicist. idiot.
s the earth really flat?
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, maybe go fcuk yourself.

midgard

Re: haha
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
Quote from: "gogeta2478"
hey midgard, your experiment is pretty bad. There are people that have already proven the rotation of the earth. If you were smart, which you don't seem to be, you would have heard of the foucault pendulum. You can't disprove that. your experiments are miniscule compared to the foucault pendulum. You probably wouldnt understand how the pendulum works because your not a physicist. Due to your lack of knowledge, i will expect a stupid response. The reality is, you cant respond, the foucault pendulum exists. look it up, better yet, visit the museum and talk to a physicist. idiot.

The pendulum's been discussed ad nauseum on this forum, do a search.

Your post had no relevance to this particular thread, if you wish to discuss the pendulum do a search or start a new thread. If you start a new thread you will probably have everyone telling you to do a search.

How stupid are you that you can't even work out where you should make your post?

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 09:11:55 AM »
I performed this experiment numerous times, and each result turn out the same: the earth is flat!

Only after you "adjusted for a breeze" that was imperceptible, yet strong enough to sway a *50g weight.

*For reference, a US $0.01 coin (penny) weighs 2.5g. So your weight was roughly equivalent to 20 US pennies.

Perhaps this weekend I'll conduct my own experiment to see if a breeze necessary to sway 20 pennies is perceptible or not. I'm almost certain it will be.

?

RenaissanceMan

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2007, 09:12:41 AM »

How dare you insult my integrity sir!!!

Fabricate an experiment... tut tut for shame on you sir.

I am not insulting your integrity. I'm pointing out that you have none. There is a difference.

midgard

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2007, 09:12:52 AM »

Only after you "adjusted for a breeze" that was imperceptible, yet strong enough to sway a *50g weight.

*For reference, a US $0.01 coin (penny) weighs 2.5g. So your weight was roughly equivalent to 20 US pennies.

Perhaps this weekend I'll conduct my own experiment to see if a breeze necessary to sway 20 pennies is perceptible or not.

I would suggest you do that - it'll finally open your eyes.

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2007, 02:30:36 PM »
I've been a long time lurker of this site, but never had the reason to register myself.  Seeing as how I've never posted before, you guys are likely to immediately discredit me.

I do believe the Earth is round, but I don't discredit and opposing theories.  Hang me a carrot and I'll run.  This experiment really caught my eye, I found it quite interesting.  I have a quick question however, you disprove gravity as it is a tool used to prove a round Earth.  I do wonder then what it is that keeps us rooted on Earth, if not gravity.  

Honestly, intriguing experiment...
quot;In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

?

RenaissanceMan

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »
Quote from: "WarbabyX"
I've been a long time lurker of this site, but never had the reason to register myself.  Seeing as how I've never posted before, you guys are likely to immediately discredit me.

I do believe the Earth is round, but I don't discredit and opposing theories.  Hang me a carrot and I'll run.  This experiment really caught my eye, I found it quite interesting.  I have a quick question however, you disprove gravity as it is a tool used to prove a round Earth.  I do wonder then what it is that keeps us rooted on Earth, if not gravity.  

Honestly, intriguing experiment...

You should always maintain an open mind, but don't think twice about discrediting hypotheses! The fact is, there are no opposing theories to the round earth... in fact, is almost impossible to have 2 'opposing' theories about ANYTHING. It's possible to have 2 opposing hypothesis... but not theories. Here: read this:

http://teacher.pas.rochester.edu/phy_labs/AppendixE/AppendixE.html

FE is a hypothesis, not a theory.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
one for the rounders v2
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007, 02:44:21 PM »
I've been a long time lurker of this site... I do wonder then what it is that keeps us rooted on Earth, if not gravity.  

Clearly you haven't lurked long enough - or around the FAQ at all.

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2007, 04:10:36 PM »
Quote from: "Rick_James"

Clearly you haven't lurked long enough - or around the FAQ at all.

I was almost expecting a response like this.  I am simply interested in the OP experiment and his ideas.  It wouldn't hurt to be a little less rude to the few people that don't come in here flaming.  However, that is your prerogative.  I do commend you as being one of the few people I have seen that actually use some form of grammar.

Cheers...
quot;In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
one for the rounders v2
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »
There's a telephone number on the protractor for MacGiant's (supplied by IPTM) that you can call if you don't believe me.

I called and confirmed just to be an ass and whaddya know, you were right.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
one for the rounders v2
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »
I was almost expecting a response like this.  I am simply interested in the OP experiment and his ideas.  It wouldn't hurt to be a little less rude to the few people that don't come in here flaming.  However, that is your prerogative.  I do commend you as being one of the few people I have seen that actually use some form of grammar.

Cheers...

Sorry, I was a bit short, you haven't proven yourself worthy of flaming just yet. The general idea is that the Earth is accelerating upwards at 1g (9.8m/s-2), which gives the illusion of gravity.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
one for the rounders v2
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007, 04:18:47 PM »
Sorry, I was a bit short, you haven't proven yourself worthy of flaming just yet.

Have I?

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
one for the rounders v2
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2007, 04:27:19 PM »
Quote from: "Hara Taiki"
Sorry, I was a bit short, you haven't proven yourself worthy of flaming just yet.

Have I?

Haha you did with your MASSIVE benadryl signature  :P

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
one for the rounders v2
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007, 04:32:52 PM »
Ha! You have to admit, that was epic.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
one for the rounders v2
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2007, 04:42:12 PM »

Cheers...

The only problem people generally have here with newbies is that a lot of them tend to not read the FAQ at all. You may be a fine gentleman, but you can see the plight when we get tons of people signing up and not reading the FAQ and then asking us to explain what it says in there, when clearly it says "read before posting."

~D-Draw

?

RenaissanceMan

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007, 06:12:33 PM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"

Cheers...

The only problem people generally have here with newbies is that a lot of them tend to not read the FAQ at all. You may be a fine gentleman, but you can see the plight when we get tons of people signing up and not reading the FAQ and then asking us to explain what it says in there, when clearly it says "read before posting."

~D-Draw

Well, you have to admit... the FAQ is total bullshit. Sure, I read it... and I totally understand all the principles of the Flat Earth Hypothesis... and look how I'm treated!

midgard

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2007, 01:38:40 AM »
Well, you have to admit... the FAQ is total bullshit. Sure, I read it... and I totally understand all the principles of the Flat Earth Hypothesis... and look how I'm treated!

With all due respect?

WarbabyX, as Rick James pointed out theories on gravity in the flat earth are in the FAQ. He also went on to explain what the predominant FET of gravity is. While this experiment is to discount RET gravity the thread is not set up to discuss alternatives, there are many other threads you could post in or create your own. Please keep the discussion relevant to the experiment, problems you have with the experiment or your interpretations of the experiment.

Big Cheery Cheers...

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2007, 05:24:54 AM »
Midgard, have you ever attempted this experiment with the apparatus encased in something, like a plexiglass box?

I'll try my best no to insult your integrity :P

--Ticky
ave fun, you have been warned.

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2007, 05:40:53 AM »
If he tried it that way he would say that static electricity must have pulled the fishing line towards that side of the plexiglass box.

Another thing just occurred to me. What kind of car do you drive, midgard?

midgard

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2007, 05:59:51 AM »
This weekend I will conduct the experiment again witht he protractors kept within some giant tubes (which I will also obtain from MacGiants).

Another thing just occurred to me. What kind of car do you drive, midgard?

Is it relevant to the experiment? In Australia I owned a Hyundai Accent 2000 and Nissan Nomad but have driven many other kinds of cars. In Ireland I have only driven a Nissan Micra, a Hyundai Excel, a Toyota Corrola and an Opel Astra.

If it's not relevant to the experiment please post somewhere else.

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 06:10:37 AM »
Just wondering how you transported two 13 ft protractors.

midgard

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 06:33:20 AM »
Just wondering how you transported two 13 ft protractors.

LOL, I didn't use a car. I connected them together and drove them on the roads (with rubber around their edges protecting them from harm). The garda asked me what I was doing and I said I was taking my pro-tractor for a spin.

Are you still trying to assault my integrity???

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2007, 06:38:33 AM »
What integrity?

midgard

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 06:46:32 AM »

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 06:49:33 AM »
HAHA. That would be so awesome if you could do that.

midgard

one for the rounders v2
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2007, 07:47:59 AM »
HAHA. That would be so awesome if you could do that.

I think almost everyone that used the internet would end up with black eyes.