Why do people believe the earth is flat but the other planets aren't?

• 13 Replies
it seems ridiculous that the earth is flat if all the other planets aren't; if god made them like this then why would ours be flat but every other planet round? Checkmate flat earthers >:)

If I understand what I've researched correctly, then there are no other planets. These are other plasma phenomenon that render themselves differently through the aether. The Earth is alone in existence.

JackBlack

If I understand what I've researched correctly, then there are no other planets. These are other plasma phenomenon that render themselves differently through the aether. The Earth is alone in existence.
So why do they not behave like plasma at all, and instead appear to behave as a solid object which reflects/scatters and absorbs light?

From what perspective? From the earth, I believe that there's too much between us and these objects to make a sure, clear determination about their nature. From what the world calls space, I have very little confidence that we know what these particular objects are. There are photos and videos I've seen that show celestial bodies looking like noisy blobs, similar to as if you disturbed the surface of water.

I have no confidence in the idea we've landed any rover or other vehicle on the bodies within our solar system, as even the Mars exploration narrative seems contrived.

JackBlack

From what perspective? From the earth, I believe that there's too much between us and these objects to make a sure, clear determination about their nature. From what the world calls space, I have very little confidence that we know what these particular objects are. There are photos and videos I've seen that show celestial bodies looking like noisy blobs, similar to as if you disturbed the surface of water.
Such videos are typically taken by people having them out of focus, or on a day with a particularly turbulent atmosphere, or for the more distant planets with a poor telescope.

But from Earth we can observe the phases of the moon and Venus and mars.
The moon we can see with just our eyes.
These all clearly act as solid objects with their interaction with light.
They do not act as plasma.

I have no confidence in the idea we've landed any rover or other vehicle on the bodies within our solar system, as even the Mars exploration narrative seems contrived.
Why? Because it doesn't fit your worldview?

it seems ridiculous that the earth is flat if all the other planets aren't; if god made them like this then why would ours be flat but every other planet round? Checkmate flat earthers >:)

You don't even have game.
1. Who says they aren't? You need a flat surface to stand on. If you don't believe me, stand on a table, then stand atop a boulder. Without invoking the gravity myth, no matter how big an object, the more the curve the more you fall off.
2. And who says there are other planets anyway? We have NASA's word. That's it.
3. If were were to somehow say that there are other planets, you'd have to prove two things: that Earth isn't flat, and that those planets are really spheres when flat Earthers say Earth isn't. If people managed to convince you Earth is round, how can you be sure that you weren't lied to about this too?
4. But let's say we assume those planets are real, and are spheres. So what? You see, they aren't designed for life anyway. A surface that is flat is suited for life. These sphere planets are just kinda there. Short of having nothing but spiders on its surface, normal life can't thrive on a sphere. And that's before we discuss the behavior of water.

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

JackBlack

1. Who says they aren't? You need a flat surface to stand on.
No, we don't.
I am fine standing on lots of different shapes.
Meanwhile, a wall is flat, yet I can't stand on that.

2. And who says there are other planets anyway?
Plenty of people. You can even see them with a telescope.

If people managed to convince you Earth is round, how can you be sure that you weren't lied to about this too?
"about this to" implies that Earth being round is a lie, when it is what all the evidence shows.

You see, they aren't designed for life anyway.
There is no evidence Earth was either.

normal life can't thrive on a sphere.
It seems to do just fine on a spherical Earth.

'
And that's before we discuss the behavior of water.
You mean things like how level water obscured distant objects clearly showing it is curved?

The problem with your response is that you assume Earth is flat, with no basis at all, and base your entire line of nonsense on that.
Take away that assumption, and it all falls apart.

It seems to do just fine on a spherical Earth.

The operative word being "seems."

Just as an acrobat seems like he can balance on a circus ball, but obviously can't eat and sleep that way, neither birds, nor trees, nor bodies of water can actually balance on a sphere.

If I were to plant an asparagus seed on a beach ball, and carefully keep it upright while it grew, I would not expect it to stay rooted the moment I let go and allowed it to turn. If I likewise put a puddle of water on top, I might be able to very carefully balance the water by cupping my hands while holding the ball steady. Likewise, a bird may see all of this and think it a safe place to land.

Me holding the sphere represents your gravity, what actually happens when I let go represents reality.

The bird loses its balance and is crushed by the beach ball. The water drips off. And the asparagus intending to represent a tree becomes uprooted rather quickly as the ball rolls.

Everything might seem fine with your theory, but this is reality. Your thousand mph rotating planet only seems perfect. Neither a beach ball, nor the Earth's biggest boulder, nor a Fred Astaire trick room can really hold up to the cold light of reality. In fact, that room proves rather than disproves how wrong you are. Because that's inside out. Unless you're willing to join the Hollow Earth club, the outside of such a building is rather more difficult than the inside to stay balanced on.

If you're having trouble balancing on this still and unmoving flat Earth, then you probably have an inner ear infection. Normal people subconsciously know the Earth is flat, but education has told them otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 09:15:05 PM by bulmabriefs144 »

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
Ask any flat earth believer to answer any of the following simple questions with evidenced based answers and they will fail.

What is the process that powers the small flat earth sun?

How have sailors managed to sail all over the world for centuries using  maritime  charts that are all based on the earth being a globe?

If the world were flat all the continents would be in a different arrangement from what they currently are? Please explain?

Common sense would dictate that any alternative flat earth map is an impossibility as we know where all the land masses are relative to one another. There can be no ‘alternative arrangement’! Please explain why you think there is one?

Millions of people all over the world use GPS that is based on different networks of satellites, something you say does not exist. Please explain especially as many of these satellites are clearly visible! Please explain.

Starlink internet is available in many counties around the world. Please explain how such a working system operates using  satellite technology you say is fake?
Really…..what a laugh!!!

JackBlack

The operative word being "seems."
Just as an acrobat seems like he can balance on a circus ball, but obviously can't eat and sleep that way
Meanwhile, life on Earth has had no problems living sleeping, eating, etc, on a spherical Earth.

neither birds, nor trees, nor bodies of water can actually balance on a sphere.
Do you mean on your tiny balls, or the massive spherical Earth?
Do you have any proof of your BS claim?

If I were to plant an asparagus seed on a beach ball
You would be setting up a model which intentionally misrepresents the RE model.

Again, the RE model is not a tiny ball sitting on a much larger ball.

Just like your BS model, I can make the same BS for a FE, but just turning the system sideways. I can't seem to grow a tree off a wall, nor do puddles stay on, instead they just go off.

What we observe in both cases are things going towards Earth.

Everything might seem fine with your theory, but this is reality.
Yes, this is reality, a reality where Earth is round, no matter how much you lie about it and misrepresent it.

In fact, that room proves rather than disproves how wrong you are.
No, it proves how wrong you are.
Because notice how they can't walk on the floor when it is at the top.
It shows Earth below them is much more important, and all your pathetic BS claims are just that, pathetic BS.

Normal people subconsciously know the Earth is flat, but education has told them otherwise.
Most normal people don't give a damn what the shape of Earth is, and don't think it is flat because of all the hills they encounter.

Evidence shows it is round, something you lack.

Ask any flat earth believer to answer any of the following simple questions with evidenced based answers and they will fail.

What is the process that powers the small flat earth sun?

How have sailors managed to sail all over the world for centuries using  maritime  charts that are all based on the earth being a globe?

If the world were flat all the continents would be in a different arrangement from what they currently are? Please explain?

Common sense would dictate that any alternative flat earth map is an impossibility as we know where all the land masses are relative to one another. There can be no ‘alternative arrangement’! Please explain why you think there is one?

Millions of people all over the world use GPS that is based on different networks of satellites, something you say does not exist. Please explain especially as many of these satellites are clearly visible! Please explain.

Starlink internet is available in many counties around the world. Please explain how such a working system operates using  satellite technology you say is fake?

You demand "evidence" then refuse to accept evidence.

Anyone would fail when presented with this.

The earth should not be compared to what is above it.
The planets can be flat, not everything is what it seems to be.

Scientific study reveals that flat planets can exist even with mass attraction:
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci/jupiter-flat-planetary-study.html

EarthIsRotund

• Earth is round. Yes.
The earth should not be compared to what is above it.
The planets can be flat, not everything is what it seems to be.

you know what, I'll hold you on to that. Not everything is what it seems to be. Exactly! Just because the earth seems to be flat does not necessarily imply that it actually is flat
I love Mairimashita Iruma Kun

JackBlack

You demand "evidence" then refuse to accept evidence.
You are yet to present evidence.
Your strawmen and your tiny balls are not evidence.

What you have is circular reasoning.

Now try reading it again and actually understanding it.
It is saying gas giants formed from the protoplanetary disc and were themselves initially like it, disc like, where it slowly collapsed into a sphere.