Why isnít the possibility of space flight obvious

• 9 Replies
Why isnít the possibility of space flight obvious
« on: March 31, 2024, 08:06:56 PM »
When I get time, I like to watch the night sky.  Watch meteors, comets, satellites, and the ISS.  Things I have witnessed for myself.  And the big obvious one, the moon.

Itís obvious there is no physical dome.  And itís obvious things fly through space.  And itís obvious when things are outside earthís atmosphere.  And itís obvious when something like a meteorite enters earthís atmosphere.

So.  Itís obvious objects can move through space which is outside earthís atmosphere.

So, why would the equal and opposite reaction thing not work by a rocket through a controlled explosion of hydrogen and oxygen out the rocket nozzle of expanding gas and actual mass not result in the rocket traveling in the opposite direction in the near emptiness of space? 

Re: Why isnít the possibility of space flight obvious
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 03:55:22 AM »
Funny. Jack Black and/or you accuse me of fleeing things.

But who here made a new thread?
Couldn't you handle the original thread?

To answer the question:
It has propulsion maybe, but no buoyancy. As shown from two videos experimenting with balloons, the balloon shot out, but dropped straight down.

What the hell is obvious about that?

Any rocket would only be able to go away from Earth by exhausting massive amounts of air as propulsion, and would quickly sink back to Earth as air stopped shooting so hard. Stop watching space flight videos. They are all doctored. We've never escaped Earth because if we tried, we'd have to constantly push away. You'd call it "proof of Earth's gravity" but I know it as the simple fact that objects with mass are always heavier than nothing.

Or, watch is balloon "rise" in a vacuum.

Again, propulsion only works if you press against something. Now you can make a "ladder" by exhausting oxygen or other fluids/gases against the existing atmosphere. But it doesn't last very longer or get very high, and the fact that they separate boosters filled with such matter back to Earth is a major red flag that something fraudulent is going on. There isn't sufficient thrust with just the shuttle to reach anything above Earth.

You are in a perfect snowglobe. God allows you, with significant effort, to push up to view outside your world, but there is no way to steal air from others or strand yourself. This is by design.

And so, those involved in the con devise tricks to catch the gullible in the idea they went to space. You might be able to fly south of the Arctic Rim where there may be other worlds. But there is a reason they never fly straight up. It would depressurize you and you'd die. But more importantly, for all your work, you'd wind up mostly frustrated.
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law (i.e. works) then Christ died foe nothing.
On your own (decidedly hot) air, you cannot leave this Earth. It is the perfect prison of joy and suffering.

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 04:07:55 AM »
Funny.

Funny youíre derailing the thread already.

Again.  Since science and equipment developed over the centuries that brought about the witnessing of meteorites and comets traveling about the planets and around the sun shows your conclusions are fundamentally wrong. 

JackBlack

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 04:08:46 AM »
It has propulsion maybe, but no buoyancy.
It doesn't need buoyancy.
Rockets do not use buoyancy to fly.
The only crafts which do are balloons and blimps.

the balloon shot out, but dropped straight down.
i.e. propulsion worked. And then when it ran out of fuel it just fell down due to gravity.

Any rocket would only be able to go away from Earth by exhausting massive amounts of air as propulsion
i.e. rockets do work.

would quickly sink back to Earth as air stopped shooting so hard.
Why?
An orbit is not hard to understand.
Objects in orbit are continually accelerating towards Earth, but their tangential velocity means they don't fall to Earth.

They are all doctored.
You mean you are desperate to dismiss them as doctored, even without any logical reason to dismiss them.

Now you can make a "ladder" by exhausting oxygen or other fluids/gases against the existing atmosphere.
Or you can ignore that, and instead just push off the exhaust gasses.
We don't need to push off Earth's atmosphere.

the fact that they separate boosters filled with such matter back to Earth
No, they separate boosters once they are empty of useful fuel.

But there is a reason they never fly straight up.
Because if they did, they would follow what you said above, going up, running out of fuel, and falling back down.
To stay up, they need to get into orbit, and that means going sideways.

It would depressurize you and you'd die.
Why?
We can make pressure vessels. There is no reason to think a rocket would just magically depressurize and kill everyone.
If that was true, why aren't all people who have flown in commercial airliners died?

You can keep your religious BS out of this, it has nothing to do with the discussion and just shows your desperation.

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 04:12:01 AM »

Any rocket would only be able to go away from Earth by exhausting massive amounts of air as propulsion, and would quickly sink back to Earth as air stopped shooting so hard.

Why.  The moon doesnít in the heliocentric model.  Along with a documented asteroid belt.  Sometimes comets crash into things or get too close to the sun and melt, but many orbit the sun as they circle the solar system. 

And in your flat earth delusion, the sun doesnít. 

Added.  And we know humankind has placed things in orbit from the changing of the night sky, active broadcasting and Doppler shift of  broadcasts from satellites, and the very visible international space station that also actively broadcasts.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 04:15:52 AM by DataOverFlow2022 »

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2024, 10:01:04 AM »
Again, propulsion only works if you press against something.
Will a denser medium or denser air result in a rocket flying faster?

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2024, 11:50:36 AM »
So.  I was going through different scenarios in my mind concerning explosions in space, or the near vacuum of space.

I looked up C-4.  I was interested what it had for an oxidizer and fuel.  Found it doesnít really burn, but goes through a process of decomposing. 

https://science.howstuffworks.com/c-4.htm

When the chemical reaction begins, the C-4 decomposes to release a variety of gases (notably, nitrogen and carbon oxides). The gases initially expand at about 26,400 feet per second (8,050 meters per second), applying a huge amount of force to everything in the surrounding area. At this expansion rate, it is totally impossible to outrun the explosion like they do in dozens of action movies. To the observer, the explosion is nearly instantaneous -- one second, everything's normal, and the next it's totally destroyed.

I guess the cyclotrimethylene-trinitramine (C3H6N6O6), as labeled from the article, has lots of energy trapped in chemical bonds.  The shock wave from a blasting cap gives the push for breaking the chemical bonds and the rapid process of decomposing.  Releasing gasses and heat.

So.  The first scenario.  A grenade like bomb composed of a metal shell, C-4 core, blasting cap, and an electrical ignition system floating in space.  The bomb is floating in space, and set off. So the explosion wouldnít cause the metal to expand, fragment, then send the metal fragments flying through space by the logic of flat earthers? 

Now. Tweak the set up a bit.  A large solid steel block with about 1/2 lbs of C-4 stuck to one side floating in space.  Set the C-4 off, the C-4 is going to send the steel accelerating away from the point/space of detonation.

So, why would the controlled explosion that is rocket propulsion not cause a rocket in space to accelerate?  Why would the laws of motion suddenly become nonexistent in an extreme thin atmosphere to the point of being nearly empty like space.  Why would the laws and physics of motion stop in the nearly empty atmosphere of space? 

?

Cameron 1964

• On the run from the Illuminati
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 04:31:02 AM »
Bulmabriefs, You really have no clue. Rockets work by exchanging momentum in the mass the us expelled. They don't need to push on anything. In fact they work more efficiently in a vacuum than in air 
So silly, your misunderstanding of the world around you
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 02:41:11 PM »
Bulmabriefs, You really have no clue. Rockets work by exchanging momentum in the mass the us expelled. They don't need to push on anything. In fact they work more efficiently in a vacuum than in air 
So silly, your misunderstanding of the world around you

Bulma is reassessing his world view right now. The 1st April being 3 days ago, is a long time in the life of a flat earther. Bulma is licking his wounds.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2024, 06:47:47 PM »
Funny. Jack Black and/or you accuse me of fleeing things.

But who here made a new thread?
Couldn't you handle the original thread?

To answer the question:
It has propulsion maybe, but no buoyancy. As shown from two videos experimenting with balloons, the balloon shot out, but dropped straight down.

What the hell is obvious about that?

Any rocket would only be able to go away from Earth by exhausting massive amounts of air as propulsion, and would quickly sink back to Earth as air stopped shooting so hard. Stop watching space flight videos. They are all doctored. We've never escaped Earth because if we tried, we'd have to constantly push away. You'd call it "proof of Earth's gravity" but I know it as the simple fact that objects with mass are always heavier than nothing.

Or, watch is balloon "rise" in a vacuum.

Again, propulsion only works if you press against something. Now you can make a "ladder" by exhausting oxygen or other fluids/gases against the existing atmosphere. But it doesn't last very longer or get very high, and the fact that they separate boosters filled with such matter back to Earth is a major red flag that something fraudulent is going on. There isn't sufficient thrust with just the shuttle to reach anything above Earth.

You are in a perfect snowglobe. God allows you, with significant effort, to push up to view outside your world, but there is no way to steal air from others or strand yourself. This is by design.

And so, those involved in the con devise tricks to catch the gullible in the idea they went to space. You might be able to fly south of the Arctic Rim where there may be other worlds. But there is a reason they never fly straight up. It would depressurize you and you'd die. But more importantly, for all your work, you'd wind up mostly frustrated.
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law (i.e. works) then Christ died foe nothing.
On your own (decidedly hot) air, you cannot leave this Earth. It is the perfect prison of joy and suffering.

You are lost in Platos cave until you step out of there, is no help for you.
Sow I say come out, come out, then we can talk.

As to your response the first video  you do not understand what is in it.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.