Why do you support Boris Johnson?

• 79 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Why do you support Boris Johnson?
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2022, 11:54:24 AM »
The other guy seems more moderate, more charismatic but also spends a lot of time saying nothing of any substance. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2022, 12:28:35 PM »
The other guy seems more moderate, more charismatic but also spends a lot of time saying nothing of any substance.

Well the other day, he suggested that the Prevent program should start flagging people (and that includes children) for “vilifying the country”, whatever the fuck that’s supposed to mean. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/former-counter-terrorism-police-chief-attacks-rishi-sunaks-prevent-plans

As far as I’m concerned, the Tory party have been “vilifying” modern multicultural Britain for years, so who decides what “vilifying the country” means?  Is it just whatever bullshit the Tories think it means?

You’re still right though. He’d almost certainly be better than Truss, but both are going all in on trying to appeal to a lunatic fringe of the population.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2022, 12:41:02 PM »
You’re still right though. He’d almost certainly be better than Truss, but both are going all in on trying to appeal to a lunatic fringe of the population.

What are the chances you think they'll win the next election over there? Have they done too much damage to their own party or are there enough lunatics in England to ensure these bastards secure another term in office....

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2022, 10:44:27 AM »

What are the chances you think they'll win the next election over there? Have they done too much damage to their own party or are there enough lunatics in England to ensure these bastards secure another term in office....

I really don’t know.  Logically, they should be screwed, particularly if they do fuck all about the cost of living crisis, but there’s a lot more than logic to it. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2022, 10:54:22 AM »

I really don’t know.  Logically, they should be screwed, particularly if they do fuck all about the cost of living crisis, but there’s a lot more than logic to it.

Well if its any consolation, all the polls before Aussie's last election pretty much had all bets off as to who would win. In the end, the right wing, xenophobic, climate change denying, big business loving, do nothing, corrupt as fuck Liberal party (not actually liberal), got absolutely annihilated. Smashed. A chunk of them lost their seats to independents who were all unknowns. Thankfully, they have NOT learned their lesson and will probably be relegated to the opposition benches for many election cycles to come.

I hope the same is true for the UK. I mean, looking at Boris and now these candidates as if they are their parties cream of the crop, I cant picture your current opposition to be any worse.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2022, 11:10:27 AM »

Well if its any consolation, all the polls before Aussie's last election pretty much had all bets off as to who would win. In the end, the right wing, xenophobic, climate change denying, big business loving, do nothing, corrupt as fuck Liberal party (not actually liberal), got absolutely annihilated. Smashed. A chunk of them lost their seats to independents who were all unknowns. Thankfully, they have NOT learned their lesson and will probably be relegated to the opposition benches for many election cycles to come.

I hope the same is true for the UK. I mean, looking at Boris and now these candidates as if they are their parties cream of the crop, I cant picture your current opposition to be any worse.

Thanks.  I hope you’re right.

Although with their insanely anti Europe position, the Tories are fucking business along with everyone else.  They can’t even claim to be the party of business anymore.  They’ve just lost the plot completely.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2022, 06:24:02 AM »

The raw effluent that our privatised water companies are blithely pumping into our rivers and seas is an allegory for the state of Britain.
We are currently watching some of the most unprincipled and moronic members of our nation getting together to sanctify the crowning of our next vacuous prime minister, I believe the third in a row picked by bottom feeding assholes mainlining the Mail/Telegraph/Times, where most of the country do not get a say.
Having said that, giving people a say has resulted in Brexit and 12 years of Tory watering down of rights and environmental standards in favour of profiteering, so perhaps we get what we deserve.

All the same, in response to questions asked by environmental activists “Surfers Against Sewage” when their freedom of information requests highlighted the extent of the pollution, a spokesman for Southern water said, (and I shit you not! Pun intended).

“Storm releases were made to protect homes, schools, and businesses from flooding. The release is 95-97 per cent rainwater and so should not be described as raw sewage.”

So, 5-3% sewage, now if you take an average bath as 100 litres and the average defecation as 500grams, my back of a fag-packet calculations makes that 0.5%. I therefor I call on this moron’s family friends and neighbours to shit in this man’s bath as he relaxes, as it will be well within the limits he expects us to let our kids paddle in, oh! And do it 400,000 times a year because that’s okay too. 

Bastards.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2022, 10:25:10 AM »
A two mile stretch of the River Tyne near where I live had 540 sewage dumps in one year. It has nothing to do with rain.  It's cheaper and quicker to just dump the sewage than to treat it.

One of the overflows is approximately 10 metres from the local Environmental Agency office, and they have done tiddly-squat about it.
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2022, 05:46:07 AM »
Please stand for a moment of silence.  The UK has now completed it's regression to the Thatcher era.   God save those poor Brits.

Liz Truss,  FFS is that the best you've got.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2022, 06:17:16 AM »

I’m afraid it would seem so, I knew anecdotally that our education system was pants but I kind of expected that the rich would keep their part functioning, however, this appears not to be the case.

A few moments listening to Truss, Mogg and the others, it becomes evident that they play to the old reactionaries that voted for them, brought about Brexit and are happy to see our most cherished institutions sold to the highest bidders and with Labour fronted by a shop store dummy, it’s not looking good, they should be able to sweep to glory but I have heard 4 or 5 people parrot the press that Boris has done a wonderful job so I’m feeling a bit depressed.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2022, 06:34:18 AM »

I’m afraid it would seem so, I knew anecdotally that our education system was pants but I kind of expected that the rich would keep their part functioning, however, this appears not to be the case.

A few moments listening to Truss, Mogg and the others, it becomes evident that they play to the old reactionaries that voted for them, brought about Brexit and are happy to see our most cherished institutions sold to the highest bidders and with Labour fronted by a shop store dummy, it’s not looking good, they should be able to sweep to glory but I have heard 4 or 5 people parrot the press that Boris has done a wonderful job so I’m feeling a bit depressed.

Hmmm....  move to Scotland and agitate for independance?   1314 and all that.   I'd probably apply for a gig with Clandonia?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2022, 07:57:23 AM »
Better or worse than Boris Johnson?  It's hard to tell from this side of the ocean.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2022, 08:28:36 AM »

Much of the same flag waving, bring back the Empire/birch/the way it was, bullshit, Maggie was the personification of Britannia or the reincarnation of Gloriana, ooh let's sell everything we own to ourselves or our mates while the plebs are eating jelly and watching re-runs of "only fools and horses." 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2022, 08:46:06 AM »
watching re-runs of "only fools and horses."

In fairness, it was a pretty funny show - much funnier than any American sit-com crap.

I hope to God your voting public get their shit together and vote these bastards out. If Australia turfed out our conservative party - and likely for many election cycles to come with any hope - surely the UK can too. You guys have some of the most brilliant minds anywhere on the planet - it's just a matter of getting the plebs to listen

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2022, 03:28:17 PM »
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/liz-truss-lettuce-last-longer-28235047

Will Daily Star's 60p Tesco lettuce or PM Liz Truss last longer? Watch live feed

Bookies have now slashed odds from 6-1 to evens that lame duck PM Liz Truss will be gone in 35 days – when the Daily Star lettuce will be decayed - after a day of U-turns and sackings

lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2022, 12:53:50 PM »
So embarassing.

« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2023, 01:17:21 AM »
Haha!

Such an enormous whinge about truth from the compulsive liar who fucked the country with his lies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65863336

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2023, 02:03:51 PM »

So Boris the bastard liar has been found utterly guilty of all the things we all knew, I mean he was fined by the police for it, there were pictures of wine splashed up the walls, his own party were the majority in the committee that has recommended a 90 day ban, saying,
Some of Mr Johnson's denials, were "so disingenuous that they were by their very nature deliberate attempts to mislead".
They amounted to a "contempt" of Parliament, the MPs added, because they stopped Parliament carrying out its "essential task" of holding him to account.
Explaining their recommendation for a 90-day suspension, they found that he had also committed a repeated contempts by:
Deliberately misleading MPs on the Privileges Committee while they were investigating him
Referring to the committee's findings before they were published, in his resignation statement last week
"Impugning the committee" in his criticism of it, and being complicit in a "campaign of abuse" against its members
The committee has also recommended that Mr Johnson should be stripped of the pass given to former MPs allowing them access to Parliament.

All this while we couldn't visit our families and people couldn't see their dying loved ones as his party handed out PPE contracts worth millions to their friends, who pocketed it by providing substandard useless masks and aprons made of binbags.

Watch James O'Brian, he says it best.

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2023, 06:43:28 AM »
And just to confirm everything said in that video, Johnson immediately gets a job at the Mail with a massive salary for very little work.

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2023, 02:24:54 PM »
i like this guy
he pops up everynow and then on my YT.