The forum stats on the main page are broken

• 5 Replies
The forum stats on the main page are broken
« on: June 14, 2023, 09:09:04 AM »
Earlier, I made a post, and went back out to the main page. I wanted to check some forum stats, so I went down and saw this:

That's the thread I had just posted in! So, I click the link, and it brings me back to my own post, with nothing beneath it.

Weird. I went back to the forum stats several minutes later, and the same username was there. Clicking it brought me to a profile with 0 posts, despite the bottom of the page claiming they had just posted.

It looks like this issue is currently affecting all posts. Here's another one, with the post actually being from DataOverflow:

I'm not sure if it's malicious or random though. The one that got Data's post looks like another one of the hacker profiles that pops up in general , but stormtrooper is just a blank profile, registered yesterday. They have no links on their profile or anything.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: The forum stats on the main page are broken
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 10:56:07 AM »
It's not saying that acct has the latest post, it's the "Latest Member" meaning the last acct to register. After that it says "Latest Post:" with a link to the last post made.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 11:15:21 AM »
It's not saying that acct has the latest post, it's the "Latest Member" meaning the last acct to register. After that it says "Latest Post:" with a link to the last post made.

Yep. The latest member is seperate from the latest post.

Clicking the name of the latest post brings you to whoever posted the newest post.

Clicking the latest user brings you to the newest person on the forum.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 02:46:27 PM »
I think I need to update my eye prescription. Sorry!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 03:38:13 PM »
It's okay. lol

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 12:36:28 PM »
I believe that main page has a cache as well, unless I turned that off at some point; it may not be immediately up to date.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.