Explait FET please.

• 31 Replies
Explait FET please.
« on: March 14, 2023, 11:53:54 AM »
I'm really intrested in latest iteration in Flat Earth Theory.

Questions I'm having (I'll update this):
  • How do night and day work.
  • How do timezones work.
  • How do seasons work.
  • How do sunsets work.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 12:27:00 AM by FlatEarthProverOMG »
<script>alert(1)</script>

?

Kami

Re: Explait FET please.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 12:26:37 PM »
There is a 9-page thread about moon phases, a 16-page thread on gravity, and many other such examples.
If you expect a concise, reasonable answer without immediate derailing, you have come to the wrong place.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 12:59:28 PM »
I'm really intrested in latest iteration in Flat Earth Theory.

Questions I'm having (I'll update this):
  • How do night and day work.
  • How do timezones work.
  • How do seasons work.
  • How do sunsets work.

Like a lampshade.

The same way they work on RE.

The suns orbit shifts between the different lattitudes over the course of the year from the Tropic of Cancer to the Tropic of Capricorn.

For Sunsets, the sun goes back beyond the vanishing point. For Sunrises, the sun comes from beyond the vanishing point,

Explaited

The End.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 01:22:37 PM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 10:02:53 PM »
Like a lampshade.

The suns orbit shifts between the different lattitudes over the course of the year from the Tropic of Cancer to the Tropic of Capricorn.

For Sunsets, the sun goes back beyond the vanishing point. For Sunrises, the sun comes from beyond the vanishing point,

Explaited

The End.
As I understand it, the sun moves below the edge for sunsets to work. So everywhere should become dark. Isn't it?

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 06:58:59 AM »
Like a lampshade.

Explaited

The End.
As I understand it, the sun moves below the edge for sunsets to work. So everywhere should become dark. Isn't it?

No.  The sun orbits above the flat earth.  Light is projected down onto the earth like a lamp with a lampshade.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 09:56:02 AM »
I'm really interested in physics. Please explait it to me:

1. How does it work?
   2. Why?
   3. How much do it cost?

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 10:17:11 PM »
Like a lampshade.

Explaited

The End.

No.  The sun orbits above the flat earth.  Light is projected down onto the earth like a lamp with a lampshade.
If the sum was always above, then you would see it always in the sky and then it will just suddenly disappear when you go out of illuminated region.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 06:12:43 AM »
Like a lampshade.

Explaited

The End.

If the sum was always above, then you would see it always in the sky and then it will just suddenly disappear when you go out of illuminated region.

Bending Light.
Rabinoz RIP

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023, 10:43:44 AM »
(quotes hidden)

Bending Light.
Could you draw a simple picture in paint to explain how light would bend in that way?
Like this, but for flat earth

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 10:50:41 AM »
(quotes hidden)

Bending Light.
Could you draw a simple picture in paint to explain how light would bend in that way?

Something Like This???

Rabinoz RIP

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2023, 10:53:53 AM »
There is a 9-page thread about moon phases, a 16-page thread on gravity, and many other such examples.
If you expect a concise, reasonable answer without immediate derailing, you have come to the wrong place.
I am not a native speaker and therefore, I have hard time understanding these long, strange explanations with incorrect use of scientific words.

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2023, 10:58:36 AM »
(quotes hidden)

Bending Light.

Something Like This???

What is stopping the light (in your picture) from spreading like that?

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2023, 11:00:05 AM »
I am not a native speaker and therefore, I have hard time understanding these long, strange explanations with incorrect use of scientific words.

And you think that you will get an easier to understand answer from the same people in a new topic?
Rabinoz RIP

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2023, 11:01:30 AM »

And you think that you will get an easier to understand answer from the same people in a new topic?
I hope. So far the only thing I understanding is that FE arguments contradict each other.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2023, 11:51:21 AM »
(quotes hidden)

Bending Light.

Something Like This???

What is stopping the light (in your picture) from spreading like that?

Light curves toward the surface of the earth.  Also known as Bendy/Bending Light.
Rabinoz RIP

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2023, 12:05:57 PM »
You may find this thread helpful, it has a brief overview of a few different FE models https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71053.0
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JackBlack

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2023, 01:38:42 PM »
(quotes hidden)

Bending Light.

Something Like This???

It bends away from Earth, like this:

For people close to the sun, the bent path of light reaches their eye.
But for people further away, like the person drawn, it would have to pass through Earth to reach them.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2023, 02:38:53 PM »
My bad, I thought that it bended toward Earth not away from.
Rabinoz RIP

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2023, 10:22:20 PM »
What force is bending light? Can you measure it?

NOTE: that force could not be magnetic because photons aren't charged. And that could not be gravity because gravity don't exist in FE model.

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2023, 10:23:51 PM »
Also, how could solar eclipses work in this model?

JackBlack

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2023, 01:06:05 AM »
What force is bending light? Can you measure it?

NOTE: that force could not be magnetic because photons aren't charged. And that could not be gravity because gravity don't exist in FE model.
Well, that depends, if Earth is flat, we can measure it indirectly such as by observations of the position of the sun, and highly accurate set ups like Ligo, which need to not follow the surface of Earth.

As for what force, who knows.

Also, how could solar eclipses work in this model?
The moon gets in the way of the light from the sun.

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2023, 04:33:30 AM »

It does.

It's the opposite of the drawing.

It happens because of wave interference. Light travels faster in thin air than in thick air. Refraction of light is always towards the area of slower light speed. The same thing happens to light from a lantern on the bottom of a swimming pool that reaches the surface.

It is not caused by a "force", it is caused by wave interference.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2023, 06:31:00 AM »

It does.

It happens because of wave interference. Light travels faster in thin air than in thick air. Refraction of light is always towards the area of slower light speed. The same thing happens to light from a lantern on the bottom of a swimming pool that reaches the surface.

I was referring to JackBlacks correction on the FE answer for Bendy Light.  I know how light works in the real world.
Rabinoz RIP

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2023, 07:12:06 AM »

It does.

Could you draw a picture of how light bending towards earth would make some people see sun just above the horizon, others see it in the sky, and third to not see any sun.

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2023, 07:18:13 AM »

It does.

I was referring to JackBlacks correction on the FE answer for Bendy Light.  I know how light works in the real world.

I see.

The font of this forum is so small that I cannot be asked to read a lot of posts to understand what is being talked about.

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2023, 07:19:51 AM »

It does.

Could you draw a picture of how light bending towards earth would make some people see sun just above the horizon, others see it in the sky, and third to not see any sun.

I could, yes.

Am I going to, no.

Reasons: 1) I'm too lazy, and 2) it's too obvious.

PS: I'm talking in terms of RE. I'm not a FEtard.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 07:45:49 AM by Torve »

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2023, 10:49:34 AM »

It does.

You might want to get your facts straight before you start behaving like a condescending a-hole.

Refraction, even through a gradient index medium like an atmosphere, is not due to wave interference.*

When you start calling people stupid, make sure your arguments don't show that you are.

*(If you think it is, why are there never any multiple order refracted beams?)

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2023, 11:38:14 AM »
The font of this forum is so small that I cannot be asked to read a lot of posts to understand what is being talked about.

Sounds like a personal problem. The font is fine for me. And seemingly everyone else except you. Have you tried:

- Windows and Linux: Press Ctrl and +.
- Mac: Press ⌘ and +.
- Chrome OS: Press Ctrl and +.

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2023, 08:00:20 PM »

It does.

You might want to get your facts straight before you start behaving like a condescending a-hole.

Refraction, even through a gradient index medium like an atmosphere, is not due to wave interference.*

Yes it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huygens%E2%80%93Fresnel_principle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huygens%E2%80%93Fresnel_principle#/media/File:Refraction_-_Huygens-Fresnel_principle.svg

The Huygens–Fresnel principle (named after Dutch physicist Christiaan Huygens and French physicist Augustin-Jean Fresnel) states that every point on a wavefront is itself the source of spherical wavelets, and the secondary wavelets emanating from different points mutually interfere.[1] The sum of these spherical wavelets forms a new wavefront. As such, the Huygens-Fresnel principle is a method of analysis applied to problems of luminous wave propagation both in the far-field limit and in near-field diffraction as well as reflection.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 08:15:53 PM by Torve »

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2023, 08:21:38 PM »
So today we watched True Spirit, the story of some teenager who circumnavigated the "globe."  Let's show this in practice. She was required to brush the capes in a complete circuit.

On a map that you can actually hit the capes, much like this.

On the map that globeheads think they can turn into a globe but is actually a flat Earth map (azimuthal equidistant delusion), this is what happens.

The black line is to explain that going in a straight line east (black) actually translates to curved space (red). This is not "proof of the globe", this is precisely how the flat Earth works. It's a disc. Going straight east requires zero adjustment. When you head NE from South America to Africa, you curve up two latitude zones.  Aside from a short adjustment SE, due E from Africa to Australia, you remain in the same latitude. When you head SE from Australia, you curve down two latitude zones. Then you remain in the same latitude. This business of constantly curving? Zero research.

For reference, let's use another disc object. A record.

It stays on the same circle.  Well, a record player doesn't (the needle slowly spirals inward) but you get the point.

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.