Explait FET please.

• 31 Replies

JackBlack

Re: Explait FET please.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2023, 02:51:12 AM »
So today we watched True Spirit, the story of some teenager who circumnavigated the "globe."  Let's show this in practice. She was required to brush the capes in a complete circuit.
No, she wasn't required to do that. Instead, she was required to cross the equator and all meridians.

On a map that you can actually hit the capes, much like this.
Why not just provide the actual map of her journey?

The black line is to explain that going in a straight line east (black) actually translates to curved space (red). This is not "proof of the globe", this is precisely how the flat Earth works. It's a disc. Going straight east requires zero adjustment.
No, you need to adjust your course to remain heading east.
That is still curving, just like FEers claim planes need to do to fly around a round Earth.
You have shown the straight line in your fantasy, and that is quite different to the curve.

But more importantly, who said it was proof of the globe?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: Explait FET please.
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2023, 01:08:09 PM »
So today we watched True Spirit, the story of some teenager who circumnavigated the "globe."  Let's show this in practice. She was required to brush the capes in a complete circuit.

From an interview with Jessica...

T: Speaking of technology, which is of great interest to me as a sailor and finding the right balance of technology on board.What piece of technology on board Pink Lady was vital or got the most use and which one could you have done without?

J: I think the satellite phone got a pretty good workout. Itís an important bit of technology. And, what could I have done without? Um, yea, good question. I guess, same again. I could have done without that as well. As much as that phone was great, I could have done without it. The same with the GPS. Before I left I learned to use a sextant but I got out there and I just used the electronics.

T: Were you able to speak to someone every day?

J: Yea, I was speaking to home and all my team every day, checking in. I also had my tracking equipment and they were able to follow my position constantly.

There aren't any towers in the middle of the ocean.

On the map that globeheads think they can turn into a globe but is actually a flat Earth map (azimuthal equidistant delusion), this is what happens.

The black line is to explain that going in a straight line east (black) actually translates to curved space (red). This is not "proof of the globe", this is precisely how the flat Earth works. It's a disc. Going straight east requires zero adjustment. When you head NE from South America to Africa, you curve up two latitude zones.  Aside from a short adjustment SE, due E from Africa to Australia, you remain in the same latitude. When you head SE from Australia, you curve down two latitude zones. Then you remain in the same latitude. This business of constantly curving? Zero research.

How many miles is the black line route versus the red line route? And how did you measure it?