• 233 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: The demise of Tucker Carlson and Fox
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2023, 12:41:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1650561201791963140?s=20

Tucker Carlson last week ripped big pharma spending hundreds of millions of dollars on TV ads and news outlets routinely parroting drug industry talking points. Is there a single example of a CNN, MSNBC or other Fox News host ever discussing TV advertising corruption?

Maybe this is the reason he was fired. The pharmaceutical industry is a huge source of revenue for tv shows.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2023, 01:12:42 PM »
I think a lot of people see the pundits as speakers of truth, on the right and the left. Opinion and news have blended to the point it is difficult to pick them apart.

except he's an admitted liar...

So he's honest about being a liar! lol They should all admit when they're lying.

honest only to the judge
he tells his viewers he's the only one they should trust, and then he lies to them.

Lorddave

« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2023, 01:46:37 PM »
I think a lot of people see the pundits as speakers of truth, on the right and the left. Opinion and news have blended to the point it is difficult to pick them apart.

except he's an admitted liar...

So he's honest about being a liar! lol They should all admit when they're lying.

Only in his internal messages which the court had access to and released.  I don’t think he’s publicly admitted to lying?

I wonder if that was part of the settlement? Either apologize on his show for spreading complete bullshit or get the boot.
It was not.

Most likely they booted him as a scapegoat.
"See?  We got rid of the problem.  No need for OTHERS to sue us..." kinda thing.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2023, 02:19:39 PM »

Tucker Carlson last week ripped big pharma spending hundreds of millions of dollars on TV ads and news outlets routinely parroting drug industry talking points. Is there a single example of a CNN, MSNBC or other Fox News host ever discussing TV advertising corruption?

Maybe this is the reason he was fired. The pharmaceutical industry is a huge source of revenue for tv shows.
Surely he doesn't have that much power as a host to what they cover
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2023, 02:57:43 PM »
Scapegoat?

They did fire those other disposable hosts.

But as a traded co, they have to offset 787M$ somehow.

Did tuckers staff also get the boot?
Hairkari?
47ronin?

When does hanity get the boot
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 03:05:49 PM by Themightykabool »

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2023, 03:07:36 PM »
The stories I've read say during the discovery process a bunch of very nasty texts about upper management came up and that was the main reason.

Seems odd for businessmen such as the Murdochs to make a decision about of emotion though.  I would've guess that it has more to do with the costs of settling his scandals out of court and the damage he's doing to Fox's reputation are greater than the money he brings in.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2023, 03:28:38 PM »
Tucker frequently went on ubrupt 'vacations' due to shitbhe would say

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2023, 12:36:14 AM »
Tucker got stomped by Murdoch because he thought he was king of the hill (more the garbage pile), and was untouchable, who ever replaces him won't have that illusion and will stick to plausibly deniable falsehoods rather than flat out lies.

Has anyone seen him since or is he having trouble getting rid of the boot mark on his face?
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2023, 01:20:16 AM »
He might not be at liberty to say much right now.  There's a whole legal angle to this, non-compete etc. 

Fun fact.  He shares the same lawyer as Don Lime.

I fear that what comes next will be even worse.  Bill O'Reilly was bad but he was a statesman compared to Carlson.  They'll probably pull some youtube nazi like Richard Spencer.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2023, 07:13:08 AM »

I feel like Big Pharma was a relatively popular entity to attack by Carlson.  I know it was during the height of the pandemic.  As long as he didn't attack the dick pills, he was safe.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2023, 07:55:28 AM »
He might not be at liberty to say much right now.  There's a whole legal angle to this, non-compete etc. 

Fun fact.  He shares the same lawyer as Don Lime.

I fear that what comes next will be even worse.  Bill O'Reilly was bad but he was a statesman compared to Carlson.  They'll probably pull some youtube nazi like Richard Spencer.

Fun fact, the forum still censors yellow citric fruit.   Try Lemon.   
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2023, 08:23:34 AM »
I am well aware of big tech's attempt to censor me for my pro-Crutonian views.

« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2023, 08:51:14 AM »
oh
i thought it was purposefully for Jane's Sle-mon
i was wondering why LEEmon was getting changed
haha

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2023, 10:06:10 AM »
The citrus fruit censoring happened even before I joined the FES. Probably had to do with a certain website that was having a party.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2023, 11:33:03 AM »
side note

i think google is monitoring me because youtube "coincidentally" sent me this this morning

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8DRLWG-jD0g

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2023, 05:21:04 PM »
Tucker got stomped by Murdoch because he thought he was king of the hill (more the garbage pile), and was untouchable, who ever replaces him won't have that illusion and will stick to plausibly deniable falsehoods rather than flat out lies.

Has anyone seen him since or is he having trouble getting rid of the boot mark on his face?
Nah, he was fired because his lies were exposed in those text messages. Fox isn't unhappy with what he said, just unhappy he got exposed.

He will be replaced with someone who will say the exact same things, take bribes from the exact same people and be fired when those lies are exposed.

And the next, and the next.  Everything at Fox is working as intended.  Viewers will flock to whoever takes his place, they just want someone to tell them it's ok to be racist and hate gays and that all their problems are someone elses fault. Probably a gay minority.

What will be interesting is what Tucker does next.  Will he take his millions and retire to a cushy life, or will his ego demand he take revenge on his former employer and feed his need to have people pay attention to him?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2023, 01:45:20 AM »

The breaches were contributory, but not everyone who was party to those texts were sacked.

In anybody’s books, Carlson was becoming a liability, yes he’d got his devotees as we’ve seen here, but as a percentage of the population it’s not that big, he gets shared probably more than anyone else, but as the figures showed when Alex Jones was poleaxed, a lot of people were just as liable to be saying “Look at this twat!” than agreeing.

Murdoch had the embarrassment of losing nearly ¾ of a billion dollars in one payment with more pending as the lawsuits roll out, him trashing “The face of Fox” without a eulogy befitting his apparent status, underlines who owns, runs and is the real face of Fox.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2023, 01:58:13 AM »

think google is monitoring me

No shit, Sherlock!
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2023, 05:51:04 AM »
Aahaha i know

« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2023, 05:54:38 AM »
Side note

Lpoks like the firing could be due to hostile qork place law suit
With a side of bad mputhing the boss.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2023, 07:04:01 AM »
https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1651376097349578753?s=20

Good evening

He posted a video, but he didn't say anything about being fired.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2023, 07:46:05 AM »

Good evening

He's pretending "big pharma" got him fired and not him being caught lying and saying how much he hates Trump and being a liability now.  But his fans won't care, they are hooked on the hate he peddles and how comforting it is to hear someone tell them it's ok to be a racist.  I'm sure he will do just fine on whatever right wing Russian state sponsored media hellhole he settles into next.

Lorddave

« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2023, 07:54:39 AM »

Good evening

He didn't mention where these places of Truth were either. 
Also, funny how he says The Truth empowers while lies make you shink and thats an iron law of the universe.

Like "dude.  Did you not just get off a show where you were empowered for lying?"
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2023, 06:35:49 AM »
Also, wtf is he on about no corporate media being able to talk about corporate power?  That has been a huge focus of a lot of media outlets, just not Fox.  He said a lot without saying anything really.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2023, 02:14:31 PM »
Apparently this is the text that raised some red flags for Fox News.

Tucker Carlson January 7, 2021 — 04:18:04 PM UTC
A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living shit out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it. Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be. The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?

I'm not sure to feel about this.  On the one hand this sounds like the preface of a school shooter manifesto.  On the other hand admitting he has a problem is the first step towards therapy.

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2023, 02:58:47 PM »
Apparently this is the text that raised some red flags for Fox News.

Tucker Carlson January 7, 2021 — 04:18:04 PM UTC
A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living shit out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it. Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be. The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?

I'm not sure to feel about this.  On the one hand this sounds like the preface of a school shooter manifesto.  On the other hand admitting he has a problem is the first step towards therapy.

Nearly 2 and a half years ago.  Did he get professional help?  Did he realise he was the last person who should be in a position of having such influence on the opinions of so many people and step down?  Did he share this revelation about his own hate with viewers and start promoting understanding?  Or did he just carry on anyway?

This is a massive red flag for the most popular pundit on TV.  A brief moment of self reflection that apparently did nothing to change his behavior isn't good enough.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2023, 03:09:43 PM »
It's all weird speculation. Media Matters keeps posting stuff that's supposed to make people hate Tucker more, but so far it's all been pretty tame.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2023, 03:20:46 PM »
I saw a few of the things that Media Matters released.  If they're trying to slime Tucker they're doing a terrible job.  The videos I've seen made him seen almost normal and likeable.

This text about taking great pleasure in seeing a bunch of white people nearly beating to death whatever an "Antifa creep" is though.  That probably doesn't help his image.

« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2023, 03:26:50 PM »
It's all weird speculation. Media Matters keeps posting stuff that's supposed to make people hate Tucker more, but so far it's all been pretty tame.

Agreed

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2023, 03:42:45 PM »
Well, I don't know how anyone can not take a little pleasure in watching an antifa creep get his ass kicked. The feminazis refer to them as the black pampers. They like to show up to women's speaking events and scream.