Good Anime Recommends

• 18 Replies
Good Anime Recommends
« on: January 20, 2023, 07:49:42 PM »
I've been watching a science fiction anime called Infinite Ryvius. I recommend highly though it's no longer broadcasted (90s anime). It has a good cast of secondary (and tertiary) characters, like dinosaur gal over here.

And it has alot of effort explaining how the space travel worked, using alot of gravity theory, talk of Van Allen belts, and how weapons work in space (they've got some cool needle gun). Of course, I laugh at the science involved, as a flat Earther, the concept sounds absurd to me. As does the idea of the solar system getting nuked by a supernova effect.

But the show expended serious effort producing "realistic" science.

So now that I'm done with it, find me an anime that relates somehow to FE/RE discussion.

Or better yet, a good anime that is really good on its own merits.

When the government says it's a weather balloon, they want you to think it's a coverup. But the real coverup is that most experimental UFOs are basically weather balloons.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Good Anime Recommends
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 10:28:52 PM »
The Simpsons has always been interesting source about conspiracy theories. Almost every conspiracy we've seen so far has been featured in The Simpsons in some way. This includes flat earth, covid, Trump, chemtrails, great flood, illuminati, etc.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 10:46:39 PM »
I'm going to embarrass myself by making some painfully basic suggestion.

Vampire Hunter D
Ninja Scroll
Evangelion.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 10:43:58 PM »
That new Cyberpunk Edge Runners was pretty cool

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 03:09:00 AM »

Does Ren and Stimpy count?
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 03:11:04 AM »

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 06:31:50 AM »
Is there any anime which isn't 90% flustered sexual moaning and panty shots of girls of questionable age?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 07:00:34 AM »

I think that rules out Ren & Stimpy
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 08:01:59 AM »
Is there any anime which isn't 90% flustered sexual moaning and panty shots of girls of questionable age?

That's a bit like asking if you can get a glass of water that isn't so wet.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 04:25:02 PM »

Nowadays, it's oh so common to see a hot af girl who's underaged and sexualized.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2023, 04:34:42 AM »
I think this qualifies as anime.

An animated series from Korea titled, "Lookism."

Its an excellent commentary and examination on a society dominated by discriminating through lookism instead of racism or sexism. Ruthless bullying based on looks is in there. Those with the good looks having an advantage in life over those not deemed as good looking.

It has a really intriguing central idea and the animation is top notch.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 05:09:45 AM »
Speaking of Korean anime I saw 'Beauty Water'. Watch the trailer. It's a freaky movie to be sure

Know your place

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 12:32:17 PM »
Why does everything end up turning to Korea? I mean seriously.
It annoys me. The reason it annoys me is because when I was in school, I told some Kpop girl I was Korean and she literally spoke pure Korean to me and expected me to understand her.
I wouldn't be angry or annoyed by this if she just said it for no reason or to socialize but this bitch spoke it to me and expected me to understand every single word.
Now you know why I hate Kpop fans and stuff like that.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2023, 01:20:51 AM »
It annoys me. The reason it annoys me is because when I was in school, I told some Kpop girl I was Korean and she literally spoke pure Korean to me and expected me to understand her.
I wouldn't be angry or annoyed by this if she just said it for no reason or to socialize but this bitch spoke it to me and expected me to understand every single word.

I'm sure you'll get over your terrible experience one day. Maybe when you're an adult?

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 02:35:28 PM »

Probably because more recent anime is getting tapped out. Too many isekai, remakes, and sequels. I mean, I like Boruto and Yashahime okay, but I need better anime stories than just capitalizing on stuff that already exists. I liked Fate Stay Night, even though it was slower than the remake.  And I hate isekai (it's a lazy way to do fantasy)

When the government says it's a weather balloon, they want you to think it's a coverup. But the real coverup is that most experimental UFOs are basically weather balloons.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 12:22:16 PM »
I can't stand anime
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2023, 12:25:31 PM »
I can't stand anime

Yet your profile picture says otherwise.

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2023, 09:22:57 PM »
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is great. It goes really in depth about exactly why the world is the way it is in it's universe, and doesn't have anything to do with the globe or space (just the moon, which is still a thing in FE to a degree). It's also one of those anime where the dub is genuinely worth watching. The voice casting and audio mixing are both phenomenal. Overall, a good time.

Just to avoid confusion, I should note that FMAB isn't a sequel to Full Metal Alchemist; they're both adaptions of the same manga, with FMAB being the more manga-accurate, and generally better reviewed one.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2023, 04:24:23 AM »
Yeah I've seen both anime.

Many of the lines are the same in both (stuff about stew containing milk), but the outcome is different at the end, and the ultimate villain is different.