Was Julia a member of the thought police in 1984?

• 74 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Was Julia a member of the thought police in 1984?
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2023, 05:59:50 AM »
I identify you as O'Brien. Like the actual one, not a benevolent pleb working for real truth. You discredit/attack/accuse of being wrong any dissident opinion that doesn't match your own.

Winston was able to get to first base with a girl and was also tortured and got fucked up by the very kind of people I'd ascribe being your personality.

You aren't oppressed. You aren't being tortured. You certainly aren't getting lucky with any ladies. So no. Pretend all you want but you are not like Winston at all. That's laughable (thanks for the laugh by the way)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2023, 06:06:30 AM »
I like O'Brien.

I identify you as O'Brien.

I'm flattered but I'm not into machines.
Unless they have wheels and an engine.

Do you have wheels, Shifter?

I just found it strange that you identify most with O'Brian.

Apparently I'm the only one.

Crouton, Boyster, Jimmy and Jura wouldn't dare rebuke you.

Mom will wake up and think wtf, however she also won't say that it's strange.

I guess it's just up to your interpretation.

I don't fault you for it.

You identify with O'Brian, I identify with Winston.

That's fine, you're free to identify with whichever character you like. I'm not stopping you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 06:08:21 AM by disputeone »
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2023, 06:08:59 AM »
I like O'Brien.

I identify you as O'Brien.

I'm flattered but I'm not into machines.
Unless they have wheels and an engine.

Do you have wheels, Shifter?

You already said Goodnight. POQ until tomorrow morning

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2023, 06:09:31 AM »
It doesn't understand that it can't just attack its way out of everything, with the cold insincerity of a steel machine.

It's an attack robot, nothing more, all it can do is attack.

AAAAAAATTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!

Where are all the humans Shifter?
Why have they left you all alone?
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2023, 06:14:58 AM »
Crouton and Jimmy are human.
That's why this is funny.
You're supposed to be their tool but now you work for me.

The society of 1984 looks like a utopia!
Which character do you relate to the most Shifter?

I like O'Brien.

Heaps of people relate to O'Brian the most in 1984.

Isn't that right Crouton? Jimmy?

Isn't that right?
I'm anti-judaism.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2023, 06:17:07 AM »
What happened to going to bed? You want another all nighter? I'm game. How about you?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2023, 06:32:49 AM »
Oh, he gave up already. Again it seems. Pfft. Weak.

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2023, 06:43:49 AM »
What happened to going to bed? You want another all nighter? I'm game. How about you?

Because you don't sleep, Shifter.
My fellow human.

I just found it strange that you identify most with O'Brian.

Apparently I'm the only one.

Crouton, Boyster, Jimmy and Jura wouldn't dare rebuke you.

Mom will wake up and think wtf, however she also won't say that it's strange.

I guess it's just up to your interpretation.

I don't fault you for it.

You identify with O'Brian, I identify with Winston.

That's fine, you're free to identify with whichever character you like. I'm not stopping you.
I'm anti-judaism.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2023, 06:50:29 AM »
Actual picture of Shifter:
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2023, 06:57:00 AM »

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2023, 06:59:15 AM »

Because you don't sleep, Shifter.
My fellow human.

You know what a rotational/rolling roster is?

Oh you'd probably need a job first

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2023, 09:47:02 AM »
I haven't read 1984 since probably 1984! Other than Winston, I don't remember character names. I have been meaning to read it again, but I am so distracted all the time.

Anyway, I was wondering if you read Hannah Arendt?

The aim of totalitarian education has never been to instill convictions but to destroy the capacity to form any.

Clichés, stock phrases, adherence to conventional, standardized codes of expression and conduct have the socially recognized function of protecting us against reality.

Love, by its very nature, is unworldly, and it is for this reason rather than its rarity that it is not only apolitical but antipolitical, perhaps the most powerful of all antipolitical forces.

Only the mob and the elite can be attracted by the momentum of totalitarianism itself. The masses have to be won by propaganda.

When all are guilty, no one is; confessions of collective guilt are the best possible safeguard against the discovery of culprits, and the very magnitude of the crime the best excuse for doing nothing.

The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution

If the ability to tell right from wrong should have anything to do with the ability to think, then we must be able to ‘demand’ its exercise in every sane person no matter how erudite or ignorant.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist.

In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2023, 10:37:06 AM »
I wouldn't say love is 'unworldly'

Greed, hate, envy...... These seem somewhat unique as far as our minds can fathom to the human race but maybe to a lesser extent, primates. It is the negative emotions which are unworldly because they contradict the biological drive to survive

As for love.... I think it's natural more than unworldly myself. Picture a mother's love for their newborn or the kid to a parent. If you just snapped your fingers and eliminated 'love' from the world, you would find all complex organisms to go extinct. Love is an emotion we are born with. It isn't learned or found.

Also without love, there is also no loyalty

Strongmen who rule by fear would have trouble securing loyalty without love.

Fear is the one emotion that is the most basic. And as tough of an image dictators and totalitarian leaders like to project, it is fear which rules them. Fear of losing.

How many animals experience greed? That emotion is 'unworldly' as it's existence conflicts with our ability to thrive as a race. Humans became as advanced and numerous as we did because we cooperated and shared resources. To be greedy ensures one's own eventual destruction. In contrast to love which ensures one's propagation.

There is no perfect model of society. For the advancement of the human race, democracy and capitalism is the best we have. But every system will have losers. Perhaps we need the fear of being losers to march forward and be competitive. Competition breeds innovation

In 1984, the system ensures everybody loses. It stifles entrepreneurs. Ministry of truth sounds great and all but it's just a flashy buzzword. You need people to be wrong to discover new ideas and ways of doing things. Even just to learn at all. It is why a society like that will never work in real life. Closest country to pulling it off is North Korea. Look how thriving they are.

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2023, 12:36:34 PM »
When she says unworldly, she means it is the opposite of worldly. Worldly means sophisticated or materialistic. So she is not saying love is unnatural.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2023, 05:39:52 PM »
I haven't read 1984 since probably 1984! Other than Winston, I don't remember character names. I have been meaning to read it again, but I am so distracted all the time.

Anyway, I was wondering if you read Hannah Arendt?

The aim of totalitarian education has never been to instill convictions but to destroy the capacity to form any.

Clichés, stock phrases, adherence to conventional, standardized codes of expression and conduct have the socially recognized function of protecting us against reality.

Love, by its very nature, is unworldly, and it is for this reason rather than its rarity that it is not only apolitical but antipolitical, perhaps the most powerful of all antipolitical forces.

Only the mob and the elite can be attracted by the momentum of totalitarianism itself. The masses have to be won by propaganda.

When all are guilty, no one is; confessions of collective guilt are the best possible safeguard against the discovery of culprits, and the very magnitude of the crime the best excuse for doing nothing.

The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution

If the ability to tell right from wrong should have anything to do with the ability to think, then we must be able to ‘demand’ its exercise in every sane person no matter how erudite or ignorant.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist.

In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.

Listen to the audio book.

I'm busy today will check out your author soon.
I'm anti-judaism.