Poll

Would you rather extreme heat or extereme cool for a month?

Heatwave at 40 to 45 Celcius (104 to 113 Fahrenheit)
2 (28.6%)
Coolwave at -20 to -30 Celcius (-4 to -22 Fahrenheit)
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Would you rather....

• 15 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Would you rather....
« on: January 11, 2023, 03:55:20 AM »
So out of hot or cold, which do you prefer to put up with?

Both these temperature ranges are on the extreme end and some people put up with worse (especially the colder end)

Assume you dont have to bother with snow. Just the temperature...

If you had to live in this climate for a month, what would you pick? I'd pick the cold 8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Would you rather....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 04:16:36 AM »
I like the cool weather but -20 is crazy. You get water freezing in pipes and people freeze to death.

I'd pick 40-45°c
I've done it for a month up north.

Saying that the cabins you sleep in are very comfortable with very capable air conditioners. It's funny walking out your door at 5am and 30°c heat hits you in the face. I'm OK with hot weather if I have somewhere cool to sleep.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 06:10:36 AM »
Depends.

Assuming you have all the resources and supplies you need so you don't die of heat stroke/exhaustion or freeze to death, then my choice would depend on whether the heat is dry or humid.

Dry heat is bearable as long as you have sufficient water and access to some shade.  The Middle East had those temps regularly and even higher.

Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 06:30:37 AM »
Every summer I wish for the winter, then winter arrives and it's nice most of the time, but a cold front blows through and I am freezing! I choose the month long heatwave.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 06:57:26 AM »
Depends.

Assuming you have all the resources and supplies you need so you don't die of heat stroke/exhaustion or freeze to death, then my choice would depend on whether the heat is dry or humid.

Dry heat is bearable as long as you have sufficient water and access to some shade.  The Middle East had those temps regularly and even higher.

According to this
https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Which-Kills-More-People-Extreme-Heat-or-Extreme-Cold

Heat is the bigger killer by far

Like I said, just a 'would you rather for a month'. And like SCG said, you wish for the other when you experience the other. It's summer here in Oz and I hate it lol. Always have though. Our summer temps can get over 40 here but our winters usually dont go lower than -6 and I think the lowest was -10. Never get snow where I live. It seems people in Siberia and other places like Greenland and Longyearbyen deal with temperatures that even get below -50 C (-58 F). Now at that extreme, I'll just take the heatwave unless I could be indoors for a month playing the Xbox!

We never get any bad weather events from the cold here (my city anyway) but the heat waves have led to bushfires. So to hell with that

In the cold, as long as you keep water flowing, even a trickle, your pipes shouldn't freeze. Like my solar hot water system I used to have, it would always open a valve and piss out some water whenever the thermostat was below freezing.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 07:05:13 AM »
If we were totally prepared for that long of a cold snap, I'd be okay, but since I live in Florida we have tons of exposed pipes. I imagine my entire well system could freeze? There's a tank next to the pump that holds water. When we have what we call a "hard freeze" (below freezing for more than 4 hours) I have to wrap everything and put a drop light next to my water pump.

Not to mention the crops that would be destroyed. We grow lots of stuff in Florida in the winter. If all the agriculture areas experienced that kind of cold, we'd all starve afterwords anyway.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 07:12:06 AM »
If we were totally prepared for that long of a cold snap, I'd be okay, but since I live in Florida we have tons of exposed pipes. I imagine my entire well system could freeze? There's a tank next to the pump that holds water. When we have what we call a "hard freeze" (below freezing for more than 4 hours) I have to wrap everything and put a drop light next to my water pump.

Not to mention the crops that would be destroyed. We grow lots of stuff in Florida in the winter. If all the agriculture areas experienced that kind of cold, we'd all starve afterwords anyway.

Your geolocation rightfully has a sway on your preference for sure.

I mean, think of the iguanas!!  :'(

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 07:15:52 AM »
We could eat the iguanas!

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 08:28:14 AM »
And they’d keep.

We had 3 days of record temperatures of 40.3 °C (104.5 °F) last year and that was shit, no sleep, no Air-con, no thanks.

I remember -14c in the early 80’s, getting snowed in our village and that was infinitely preferable to the heat last year, I have three fireplaces that I haven’t used since the double glazing went in about 5 years back so there is that option.

There is a genetic factor, I’m sure, my ancestors undeniably fled north to escape the heat, when my wife drags me to the Med’ every couple of years, I love the places but hate the temperature, as global warming kicks in I may have to move to Iceland.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2023, 09:15:05 AM »
Cold definitely.  Because no bugs!  So I can actually go outdoors.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2023, 09:46:00 AM »
I'm taking the cold. I was born in the cold. Molded by it. I didn't feel warmth until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but burning!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2023, 10:05:36 AM »
It is 71 degrees right now and I am wearing a hoodie.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2023, 11:23:40 AM »

Both these temperature ranges are on the extreme end and some people put up with worse (especially the colder end)

If you had to live in this climate for a month, what would you pick? I'd pick the cold 8)

My house does not have a working AC as the last people living here (Crackhead Cathy and her sister Methhead Mary) broke the AC system somehow.
So I would say the cold as the heater still works.
And I like the cold anyways, it's nice to wear a tshirt with shorts in the snow.
Edit: The people in the image are Russian so it makes sense why she's in a swimsuit.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2023, 11:49:25 AM »

My house does not have a working AC as the last people living here (Crackhead Cathy and her sister Methhead Mary) broke the AC system somehow.
And I like the cold anyways, it's nice to wear a tshirt with shorts in the snow.
Edit: The people in the image are Russian so it makes sense why she's in a swimsuit.

Have you never done a polar bear plunge?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2023, 11:51:50 AM »

Have you never done a polar bear plunge?

I have been isolated in my house by my parents for 3 years so no.

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 11:39:23 PM »
Of course a coolwave, I hate heat.