Are all flat earthers also Genesis believers?

• 464 Replies
?

ecco

Are all flat earthers also Genesis believers?
« on: October 28, 2022, 02:50:56 PM »
Are all flat earthers also Genesis believers?  I really don't know, but I'm guessing that all Flat Earthers are also Religious Fundamentalists with a belief in Genesis.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
Re: Are all flat earthers also Genesis believers?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 03:04:34 PM »
No.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 05:45:30 PM »
Yeah nah, you'd be surprised.

JackBlack

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 05:53:43 PM »
No.
For starters there is wise, who at least initially appeared to be a Muslim, not a Christian.
But with what they have posted recently I'm not so sure.

But I would say more you are seeing the correlation the wrong way around.
Fundamentalist Christians are more likely to read the Bible as think Earth is flat.

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 06:15:52 AM »
Are all flat earthers also Genesis believers?  I really don't know, but I'm guessing that all Flat Earthers are also Religious Fundamentalists with a belief in Genesis.

Some flat earthers may well believe in Genesis but the common denominator is not belief in any particular religion. The common denominator for all flat earth believers is belief in quite possibly the biggest and most elaborate conspiracy of all time.

"I can accept that some aspects of FE belief are true, while others are fiction."

Jack Black

Now that is a laugh!

?

ecco

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 07:28:23 AM »
I really would be.

Some flat earthers may well believe in Genesis but the common denominator is not belief in any particular religion. The common denominator for all flat earth believers is belief in quite possibly the biggest and most elaborate conspiracy of all time.

Gullibility comes from somewhere.  That's why I was guessing it was religious fundamentalism.

Timeisup

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 09:58:04 AM »
I really would be.

Gullibility comes from somewhere.  That's why I was guessing it was religious fundamentalism.

As I said some flat earthers appear to be religious and some donít. Though they have all defiantly bought into the giant conspiracy.

What many of them have also developed to excuse themselves from having bought into the most unbelievable conspiracy is they dress up the whole rejection of science by calling what they do as Ďfree thinkingí even although buying into the giant conspiracy equates to no thinking.

The rejection of validated and proven science in favour of whatís no more than an elaborate fairy story implies they have given their position little if no thought.

"I can accept that some aspects of FE belief are true, while others are fiction."

Jack Black

Now that is a laugh!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 01:45:13 AM »

I hope your thinking has change after you faced your false beliefs. There are atheists among us, even there are muslims among us, like me. Flat Earth is an ideal system of thought for Christians, Muslims, jews, atheists and deists. I think the globe model is more appropriate in terms of Satanism and Magusism (the religion of sun worshipers). NASA is forcing the people of the world to worship the sun. No, why? If there's a scripture on sun worship, we can listen NASA, no problem.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 02:29:35 AM »

I hope your thinking has change after you faced your false beliefs. There are atheists among us, even there are muslims among us, like me. Flat Earth is an ideal system of thought for Christians, Muslims, jews, atheists and deists. I think the globe model is more appropriate in terms of Satanism and Magusism (the religion of sun worshipers). NASA is forcing the people of the world to worship the sun. No, why? If there's a scripture on sun worship, we can listen NASA, no problem.

I've never seen NASA forcing anyone to worship the sun. You're making up stuff again.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 03:02:58 AM »

I've never seen NASA forcing anyone to worship the sun. You're making up stuff again.
You believe that you revolve around the sun, don't you? Oh, worship is a symbolic thing here anyway. Isn't such a symbolic link also meaningful since the title is based on symbolic ideas about faith?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

JackBlack

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 03:05:32 AM »
You believe that you revolve around the sun, don't you?
Accepting reality is not worshipping the sun.

The FE isn't an ideal belief for anyone, because it isn't true.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2022, 03:11:21 AM »
You believe that you revolve around the sun, don't you?

The FE isn't an ideal belief for anyone, because it isn't true.
I didn't say they did it on purpose. This shows the results of the action taken. We write our opinion on the subject here, we do not discuss it. I guess you're new to this forum, you don't understand the concept. Look, this thing is a poll, you write what you voted for and why. okay? Bye.

By the way, have you been vaccinated? If so, which one. t.i.a.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2022, 03:22:29 AM »
I didn't say they did it on purpose. This shows the results of the action taken. We write our opinion on the subject here, we do not discuss it. I guess you're new to this forum, you don't understand the concept. Look, this thing is a poll, you write what you voted for and why. okay? Bye.
I guess you must be new. This is a debate forum, where people debate.
If you spout nonsense, I will object.

And no, this is not a poll.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2022, 03:27:28 AM »
I guess you must be new. This is a debate forum, where people debate.
If you spout nonsense, I will object.

And no, this is not a poll.
And you have been .... vaccinated?  ^-^

I want to stay in context. Well, do you believe in genesis with a having you vaccinated or do you believe in genesis without vaccinated. In other words, Don't you believe in genesis with a vaccine or you don't believe in genesis without a vaccine. Look, I'm talking in context.

Do you believe the world is not flat without you have vaccination or do you still don't believe after vaccination?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2022, 03:38:05 AM »
do you believe in genesis with a having you vaccinated or do you believe in genesis without vaccinated.
I don't believe in Genesis.

Look, I'm talking in context.
No, you are trying to bring vaccination into the discussion when it has no place.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2022, 04:14:37 AM »
do you believe in genesis with a having you vaccinated or do you believe in genesis without vaccinated.
I don't believe in Genesis.

Look, I'm talking in context.
No, you are trying to bring vaccination into the discussion when it has no place.
No, maybe whether or not you get vaccinated affects your belief in genesis.

If you don't believe in genesis and haven't been vaccinated at the same time, maybe you should try getting vaccinated, if your genetic makeup changes then maybe you'll believe it. If you're vaccinated and still don't believe in genesis, you should try a different vaccine. Anyway. Do you not believe in genesis even though you are vaccinated or you not believe in genesis even though you are not vaccinated? Look I am asking about your belief on genesis.

It is just needed to know more details about your disbelief to understand it better. Understanding the problem correctly is half the solution. I am trying to understand your problem of disbelief. I'm sure we can solve it if you give more detail.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

ecco

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2022, 08:27:21 AM »

Actually, it hasn't.  I have found nothing that implies that fundamentalist religious beliefs are not necessary for a person to believe in FE.  If there are any atheists who believe in a FE, let them come forward. I have never met one. 

Your comments about  NASA, sun worship and Satanism are unintelligible.  I can't determine if you are saying NASA is or isn't pushing sun worship, so I really can't respond.

JackBlack

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2022, 12:49:20 PM »
Look I am asking about your belief on genesis.
No, you're not.
You are asking if I am vaccinated. Which is entirely irrelevant to the topic.
My vaccination status has nothing to do with my lack of belief in a self-contradictory work of fantasy.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2022, 11:40:05 PM »
We both know this is very relevant. Whether or not you get vaccinated depends on a lot of things here. Even when you support the global conspiracy, you think about your own health. On the other hand, you don't care if your comrades get vaccinated and die. Could it be because you know they are NPCs and their lives are worthless?, just thought.

Although, I think you also believe in creation. It's just that, you are on the other side, I'm sure you understand. You always well understand, the problem here is, you understand, but you don't show that you understand. An admirable talent.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Timeisup

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2022, 11:55:00 PM »
We both know this is very relevant. Whether or not you get vaccinated depends on a lot of things here. Even when you support the global conspiracy, you think about your own health. On the other hand, you don't care if your comrades get vaccinated and die. Could it be because you know they are NPCs and their lives are worthless?, just thought.

Although, I think you also believe in creation. It's just that, you are on the other side, I'm sure you understand. You always well understand, the problem here is, you understand, but you don't show that you understand. An admirable talent.

What the hell do you know about vaccines? What makes you feel you can pass any credible comments on a subject you in reality know zero about?

Have you personally seen a virus? Have you personally conducted any research or have you just read sone BS on A website and watched sone YouTube videos and think you know something!

Letís be real here just as you know nothing about the sun you also know nothing about viruses or vaccines!

Jack Black

Now that is a laugh!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2022, 12:00:04 AM »

Letís be real here just as you know nothing about the sun you also know nothing about viruses or vaccines!

PLEASE explain it all to us . . . .

Timeisup

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2022, 12:17:02 AM »

Iím sure you would do a much better job given your intellectual standing.

On you go then.

Jack Black

Now that is a laugh!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2022, 12:31:57 AM »

Iím sure you would do a much better job given your intellectual standing.

On you go then.

You would be overwhelmingly befuddled.   ::)

JackBlack

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2022, 12:33:43 AM »
We both know this is very relevant.
No, we both know this is entirely irrelevant to the topic, and you are just prying into private information to spout ignorant BS.

Although, I think you also believe in creation.
And like many things you believe, that is pure BS.
Why would I believe in something as ridiculous as creation when there is no evidence for it and it solves nothing, instead just making things worse?
Creation is a story designed to make people feel better about themselves for being the toy of a childish evil tyrant.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2022, 12:39:20 AM »
Creation is a story designed to make people feel better about themselves for being the toy of a childish evil tyrant.
Are you serious about this? And you have not even get vaccinated. These will anger the Devil tyrant, guess.

Can you tell us more about this "childish evil tyrant?"
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2022, 12:44:20 AM »
Are you serious about this?
What part of that is confusing for you?
The god of the Abrahamic religions is a childish evil tyrant that treats people like toys.
Look at Egypt, where this tyrant allegedly killed countless people just to show off. Where it hardened the pharaoh's heart so the pharaoh would not let the Jews go, all so it could continue to show off.
Look at how it demands obedience to its ridiculous rules, like murdering someone for collecting firewood on the Sabbath.
Look at its pathetic demands of having people worship it.

It is childish, it is evil, it is a tyrant, and it treats people like toys. (and there is no reason to think it exists).

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2022, 01:24:13 AM »
The god of the Abrahamic religions is a childish evil tyrant that treats people like toys.
Look at Egypt, where this tyrant allegedly killed countless people just to show off. Where it hardened the pharaoh's heart so the pharaoh would not let the Jews go, all so it could continue to show off.
Look at how it demands obedience to its ridiculous rules, like murdering someone for collecting firewood on the Sabbath.

It is childish, it is evil, it is a tyrant, and it treats people like toys. (and there is no reason to think it exists).

Oh, I thought you meant Satan by the childish evil tyrant. Because he fits this description to the letter.

Corinthians 4:4 /2: "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Experts of bible explain that the term "God of this age" is used to mean the devil. So you mean the devil tyrant is not Devil but God oppositely what scholars say, right? But this does not fit with Genesis belief. So you think Genesis wrongly and arrive wrong result.

Your enemy is not God, but the devil. Also, you didn't speak "as if" above, you spoke as existing. So you actually believe in the existence of God. The problem is you misunderstand God. You think wrong about God because you think God rules the world. However, he does not interfere in these, the evil tyrant of the world is not God, but Satan himself. Thinking that the evil tyrant is God only serves Satan's unclean ambitions.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2022, 02:34:50 AM »

Jesus corrected all of that Jack. That's why he was sent as the Scribes and Pharisees had failed in their duty.

Like you I can read and understand things quickly and used to debate Christians all the time and win convincingly. I used the genocidal passages from the Old Testament in particular, they are still there.

As a gentile the Old Testament isn't even really for me. That is a part of the Old Covenant, one which I don't share in and expired 2000 years ago.

Jesus was for all of us. The fulfilment of the law, The desire of the Gentiles, the new covenant written on men's hearts, between Man and God, without any intermediary. Men are always corrupt, that's why Jesus was sent as a perfect example and to do what men could not do.

Jesus doesn't demand worship, he only offers forgiveness freely.

I'm happy to agree to disagree. I just saw you making arguments that I used to make and felt inclined to comment.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 02:36:32 AM by disputeone »

JackBlack

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2022, 02:50:57 AM »
Oh, I thought you meant Satan by the childish evil tyrant.
Why would I?
If you want to appeal to the Bible, "Satan" is the good one.
One of the first things God does in the Bible is lie to man.
The first thing "Satan" does (the serpent) is reveal this lie and tell the truth.

The god of the Bible is vastly more evil than Satan.
And that is even when it is allegedly told from the view of this evil tyrant.

Because he fits this description to the letter.
Corinthians 4:4 /2: "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers
You mean religions make up excuses for why people don't accept their BS.

Don't worry you also have this:
2 Thessalonians:
"10 They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness."

So it seems God is the one deceiving people.

But this does not fit with Genesis belief.
My claims fit entirely within the fictional story of Genesis.
The sequence of events can be summed up as:
God, all knowing, all powerful and all present, creates man (Adam and Eve) as mortals, with no knowledge of good and evil, and naked.
God also places in the garden the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
God commands Adam and Eve to not eat from the tree, and lies that they will die the day they eat it.
The serpent (typically associated with Satan), then comes and tells Eve the truth. Note again that God is all present, so can watch this occurring, and all knowing so knows it is happening, yet it does nothing. Eve also gets Adam to eat it.
This results in Adam and Eve realising they are naked and feeling ashamed. Now this tree should not have done that unless being naked is inherently somehow evil. This means god created them in an evil manner, and hid that from them, so when they find out they would then realise and try to cover up. (the more rational explanation is that it is an excuse for why we need clothes, as why would a god create man naked just to demand they wear clothes? But then again, god creates man and them demands he is mutilated, so that shouldn't be surprising).
God then comes along and "punishes" Adam and Eve and the serpent, and all their descendants, not just them, but their children, for doing something they couldn't possibly know was wrong.
This is pure evil on multiple levels. As God made them and did so in such a way that they couldn't know if their actions were right or wrong, they should not be punished for doing something they couldn't know.
Overall, this would be like putting a bowl of candy in front of a toddler, telling it that if it eats it then it will die that die, then standing back and watching while an older sibling comes in and tells the toddler the truth, and the toddler then eats it, only to come in and throw that toddler out to the street to fend for itself and die.
That is abhorrent. There is no way such a being could be good.

But this is also pure evil because of punishing the children. You need to be evil to punish a child for what a parent did.
This is also bad for punishing the serpent for telling the truth.

But that's only the start of the story.
Later on we have things like Noah's flood where god decides to murder basically everyone for being the type of beings he made them.
We have one of Noah's sun's being cursed by God because they saw Noah naked.
Quite different to Lot, who's daughters got him drunk to have sex with him to get pregnant, which only happened after God decided to save this "virtuous man" who would rather have innocent women be raped than allow homosexual intercourse, with God wiping out the town for that, and turning a woman into a pillar of salt for looking bad.
We also can't forget the binding of Isaac, where to test Abraham, God ordered him to murder his child, and seemed to think that was a good trait.

Also, you didn't speak "as if" above, you spoke as existing. So you actually believe in the existence of God.
I can speak about a fictional character, I speak about your imaginary fiend in the same manner I would talk about Voldemort.
Likewise I can talk about how Harry Potter has done things in the fictional world of Harry Potter.

The problem is you misunderstand God.
No, the "problem" is that I do understand, so I wont believe the con job.

However, he does not interfere in these
Which is just an excuse to show even more evil.
God could allegedly stop all the suffering in the world, trivially with no down side to him, but chooses to allow it.
The big difference between me and the evil POS you worship is that if I could stop all rape, I would; if I could eliminate cancer, I would; if I could end world hunger, I would.
But your god doesn't care to do any of that. That makes it apathetic at best and pure evil at worst.

JackBlack

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2022, 02:59:06 AM »
Jesus corrected all of that Jack.
Jesus makes vastly more sense if Jesus is working with Satan than if it is working with God.
Jesus coming along doesn't magically undo all the evil of God.

As a gentile the Old Testament isn't even really for me. That is a part of the Old Covenant, one which I don't share in and expired 2000 years ago.
Which is just an excuse to try and dismiss or hide all the evil.
If these were the perfect commands from a perfect god, why would they ever need to change? It makes no sense.
Especially when the Christians seem to love the 10 commandments so much.

But if Jesus was actually working with Satan, trying to save us from this evil tyrant and the commands it has made, then it makes sense as Satan is leading people away from the commands of God, getting them to reject it as old and not applicable.

Men are always corrupt
Which in the fictional world of the Bible, God made them that way.

Jesus doesn't demand worship, he only offers forgiveness freely.
It is not free.
If it was free, there wouldn't be conditions. You wouldn't need to be a Christian, obeying Christianity to receive it.
Saying it is free would be like saying, this car is free, as long as you give me money for it and agree to obey me.
Also, are you sure about that worship thing?