Are people really still going to push the moon is harmless?

• 192 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: Are people really still going to push the moon is harmless?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2022, 10:03:16 PM »
Even fish has been known to rot faster in the moon light since ancient times.

It was some years before we could test that tale, but we could test the meat being spoiled in the moonlight right away.

Try as we might, we were unable to see any signs of meat being affected by the moon. it didn't matter weather it was mutton, beef, pork, legs, chops, sausages, steaks, nothing we tried was damaged by the light of the moon.
Though have to admit myself and siblings did end up suffering personally when it was discovered we had borrowed a roast to experiment with.

My Uncle, wise in the ways of hunters, explained this myth to me much later.
Back in the days of the legend of Robin Hood, all the deer in England belonged to the King, and only he and his nobles could hunt and eat them.

This did not go down with the commoners so they illegally hunted, knowing as poaching. Since it was far safer to do this by night and avoid the Nobel's soldiers who protected the deer, and lacking night scopes or even torches they poached by the light of the moon.

The full moon became known as poachers moon, and name that is still used today in Africa where poachers illegally hunt rhino and other animals at night.

In order to discourage poachers from hunting the Kings deer the story was put about that meat killed in moonlit nights would go rotten and be uneatable.

In an age where witches were burned at the stake and other superstitions abounded this was believed by many, though not all as poaching continued and still happens in England today.   

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2022, 11:12:48 PM »
Time for me to reappear.

The moon's harm to plant life is indisputable. Only a fool would ignore the science which we have shared through first hand experimentation.

Science! What science?
Using the word in a sentence in some vain hope to embellish your statement is pretty lame.

The moon exerts a gravitational ‘force’ on the earth, the earth likewise does the same back. Our tides as we all know are the result.

To say the moon causes harm to plant life is just silly. To say it’s supported by science is ludicrous.

Like all flat earth notions they are no more than unsupported brain farts that have zero substance. Using the word science in no way changes their ‘fatty’ nature.
Really…..what a laugh!!!

JackBlack

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2022, 11:46:03 PM »
I'm sure the lion's prey or the schizophrenic might disagree. What makes something dangerous? Its correlation to danger.

Is there a higher correlation to danger in the moonlight?
I would say you need an element of causation.

And by what means do you want to suggest cause, aside from correlation?
As a simple counter-example, consider antidotes. These are correlated with poisons and poisoning.
Does that make them dangerous?
No. Instead they are used to treat the poison and try to have people live.
So mere correlation/association with danger is not enough.

As for how to show causation, how about a mechanism?

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2022, 06:57:44 AM »
I'm sure the lion's prey or the schizophrenic might disagree. What makes something dangerous? Its correlation to danger.

Is there a higher correlation to danger in the moonlight?
I would say you need an element of causation.

And by what means do you want to suggest cause, aside from correlation?

That’s sounds like a you problem.

Maybe put some work into whatever you have in your mind where a hypothesis should go.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2022, 08:30:29 AM »
This thread is full of moonies!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2022, 08:33:42 AM »
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2022, 02:04:43 PM »

I've done it before I'll do it again.

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2022, 08:45:54 PM »
Time for me to reappear.

The moon's harm to plant life is indisputable. Only a fool would ignore the science which we have shared through first hand experimentation.

Science! What science?
Using the word in a sentence in some vain hope to embellish your statement is pretty lame.

The moon exerts a gravitational ‘force’ on the earth, the earth likewise does the same back. Our tides as we all know are the result.

To say the moon causes harm to plant life is just silly. To say it’s supported by science is ludicrous.

Like all flat earth notions they are no more than unsupported brain farts that have zero substance. Using the word science in no way changes their ‘fatty’ nature.
Too bad I have shared first hand experimental data that shows just how metabolically harmful moonlight is to plants.

There is no embellishment with the use of science. Flat earthers invented science. Then we ascended to the next plane of experimentation.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 08:53:58 PM by Ichimaru Gin :] »
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2022, 08:52:29 PM »
So what? You want to blow up the moon for its crimes against mangroves?

https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/news/2022/09/40-million-mangroves-are-dead-and-the-moon-is-to-blame-or-is-it/

Over the summer of 2015, 40 million mangroves died of thirst. This vast die-off – the world’s largest ever recorded – killed off rich mangrove forests along fully 1,000 kilometres of coastline on Australia’s Gulf of Carpentaria.

The question is, why? Last month, scientists found a culprit: a strong El Niño event, which led to a temporary fall in sea level. That left mangroves, which rely on tides covering their roots, high and dry during an unusually dry early monsoon season.

Case closed. Or is it? While evidence clearly implicates El Niño, we found this climate cycle had a very large accomplice: the Moon.

In our study, released today, we mapped the expansion and contraction of mangrove forest cover over the past 40 years, and found clear evidence that the Moon’s orbital wobble had an effect.

That’s where the Moon comes in – and particularly the “lunar wobble”. Back in 1728, astronomers noticed the plane in which the Moon orbits Earth isn’t fixed. Instead, it wobbles up and down, a bit like a spinning coin as it begins to slow.

When we mapped the extent and distribution of Australian mangrove forests over the past 40 years, we found clear signs of the Moon’s wobble at work. This 18.6-year orbital cycle turns out to be the main reason why mangrove canopy expands and contracts around most of Australia’s coastlines – and explains the patterns of mangrove mortality in the Gulf of Carpentaria.

You might be wondering why the wobble has such influence over whether mangroves live or die. It’s the tides. The wobble changes how the Moon’s gravity pulls on the world’s oceans, so periods of exceptionally high tides are followed by exceptionally low tides 9.3 years later.

The article is quite long but suffice to say, the moon is responsible for murdering millions upon millions of trees. If the moon can do that to something as strong and large as a tree, then what about a small human? We are far more complex and a lot more things to go wrong

Anyway, to the moon all I can say is GTFO. Maybe you were useful before, but you've overstayed your welcome and are just a burden now.

JackBlack

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2022, 09:15:52 PM »
Too bad I have shared first hand experimental data that shows just how metabolically harmful moonlight is to plants.
And care to provide any of that, along with the experimental methedology?

There is no embellishment with the use of science. Flat earthers invented science. Then we ascended to the next plane of experimentation.
Pure BS.
FEers hate science, and run from it all the time.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2022, 10:08:22 PM »

https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/news/2022/09/40-million-mangroves-are-dead-and-the-moon-is-to-blame-or-is-it/

Over the summer of 2015, 40 million mangroves died of thirst. This vast die-off – the world’s largest ever recorded – killed off rich mangrove forests along fully 1,000 kilometres of coastline on Australia’s Gulf of Carpentaria.

The question is, why? Last month, scientists found a culprit: a strong El Niño event, which led to a temporary fall in sea level. That left mangroves, which rely on tides covering their roots, high and dry during an unusually dry early monsoon season.

Case closed. Or is it? While evidence clearly implicates El Niño, we found this climate cycle had a very large accomplice: the Moon.

In our study, released today, we mapped the expansion and contraction of mangrove forest cover over the past 40 years, and found clear evidence that the Moon’s orbital wobble had an effect.

That’s where the Moon comes in – and particularly the “lunar wobble”. Back in 1728, astronomers noticed the plane in which the Moon orbits Earth isn’t fixed. Instead, it wobbles up and down, a bit like a spinning coin as it begins to slow.

When we mapped the extent and distribution of Australian mangrove forests over the past 40 years, we found clear signs of the Moon’s wobble at work. This 18.6-year orbital cycle turns out to be the main reason why mangrove canopy expands and contracts around most of Australia’s coastlines – and explains the patterns of mangrove mortality in the Gulf of Carpentaria.

You might be wondering why the wobble has such influence over whether mangroves live or die. It’s the tides. The wobble changes how the Moon’s gravity pulls on the world’s oceans, so periods of exceptionally high tides are followed by exceptionally low tides 9.3 years later.

The article is quite long but suffice to say, the moon is responsible for murdering millions upon millions of trees. If the moon can do that to something as strong and large as a tree, then what about a small human? We are far more complex and a lot more things to go wrong

Anyway, to the moon all I can say is GTFO. Maybe you were useful before, but you've overstayed your welcome and are just a burden now.

Tress are an important part of our biosphere. We need them to live

What could be the endgame of destroying a critical part of Earth's biosphere if it isn't the destruction of all life?

No. The moon must die.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2022, 12:07:03 AM »

Tress are an important part of our biosphere. We need them to live

What could be the endgame of destroying a critical part of Earth's biosphere if it isn't the destruction of all life?

No. The moon must die.

Okay...

So you do understand that in this world, some things die and other things grow, right?

Or are you trolling us right now?

Btw, in California, they refuse to cut down trees. Too much overgrowth -> competing for water -> dehydrated forest -> forest fires.

Some things die, other things live. Overgrowth is not a good thing. We neither clear-cut forests nor allow them to get out of hand, but cut and burn branches and excess shrub. This ash provides fertilizer for certain crops.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 12:16:31 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2022, 12:08:52 AM »
Or are you trolling us right now?
It's hard to tell the trolls from the trolls.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2022, 01:42:15 AM »
This will probably clear everything up:

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2022, 01:18:53 PM »

So I think we need  time to reflect, and reflection is part of the beauty of the goddess moon, she takes the harsh rays of the sun and transmutes them to the soft healing blue moonlight.
John has stood under the sun too long and so to has JB, this anger you both hold is because of that unremitting glare baking your minds, nobody ever got moon burn just a little chilly perhaps.

At the next available opportunity, take yourselves out into the moonlight she is a waning crescent now, and take in her breathtaking beauty, because you can stare at her all night without damage, just take a coat and your favourite warming drink and relax your little selves because all this anger is unseemly.

Unfortunately Masalang is fucked though, he's getting moonstomped.

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2022, 01:23:40 PM »
I must apologize. The effects of moonlight must have had been more pronounced than I had anticipated. I will move my remarks to angry ranting where they belong.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 01:33:12 PM by Username »
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2022, 02:29:41 PM »
I must apologize. The effects of moonlight must have had been more pronounced than I had anticipated. I will move my remarks to angry ranting where they belong.

It may have looked like a rant but there was some deep truth in it

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2022, 02:31:09 PM »
Unfortunately Masalang is fucked though, he's getting moonstomped.

Which simply lends credibility to the assertion the Moon is harmful.

Fuck. The. Moon.

Know your place

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2022, 04:59:25 AM »

No, no, I get it.

You have the moonsickness and are barking mad.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2022, 05:20:25 AM »

No, no, I get it.

You have the moonsickness and are barking mad.

Well obviously ::)

Again. Moon = harmful.

Know your place

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2022, 08:45:05 AM »

Pure BS.
Indeed, experimentally we have shown the production of excess collenchyma due to moonlight exposure.

Your remarks on science are laughable. Flat earthers invented the very notion. I think your upside question mark avatar is befitting of globularists: hide questions at costs. Do not investigate.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2022, 08:56:51 AM »

Pure BS.
Indeed, experimentally we have shown the production of excess collenchyma due to moonlight exposure.

Your remarks on science are laughable. Flat earthers invented the very notion. I think your upside question mark avatar is befitting of globularists: hide questions at costs. Do not investigate.

Where can one see the results of this experimentation?

What Has Been Thought and Taught on the Lunar Influence on Plants in Agriculture? Perspective from Physics and Biology

Introduction
This paper addresses the existing dichotomy between what science shows regarding agriculture protocols and past and current agricultural practices in much of Europe and Latin America. More specifically, it focuses on some pseudo-scientific questions and beliefs that impregnate a large part of agricultural traditions and agronomic practices according to which certain lunar phases encourage plant growth while others compromise their development. These beliefs share our lives with scientific and technological advances not reached ever before.

Conclusions
Science has widely established different evidences: (i) the Moon’s gravity on the Earth cannot have any effect on the life cycle of plants due to the fact that it is 3.3 × 10−5 ms−2, almost 300,000 times lower that the Earth’s gravity; (ii) since all the oceans are communicated and we can consider their size being the size of the Earth, the Moon’s influence on the tides is 10−6 ms−2, but for a 2 m height plant such value is 3 × 10−13 ms−2 and, therefore, completely imperceptible; (iii) the Moon’s illuminance cannot have any effect on plant life since it is, at best, 128,000 times lower than the minimum of sunlight on an average day; (iv) the rest of possible effects of the Moon on the Earth (e.g., magnetic field, polarization of light) are non-existent.

JackBlack

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2022, 02:08:52 PM »
Any fool can easily claim to have experimentally shown anything.
That doesn't magically make it true.

Additionally, why should that "excess" be harmful?

Your remarks on science are laughable. Flat earthers invented the very notion.
Do you mean the ancient FEers who then quickly realised Earth was round?
The FEers, who had FE models more in common with the RE model of today than the FE fantasies of today?

I think your upside question mark avatar is befitting of globularists: hide questions at costs. Do not investigate.
You sure do love projecting the inadequacies of FEers onto REers.

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2022, 06:03:22 PM »
I have to do this.

Also...

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2022, 07:52:27 AM »
I think your upside question mark avatar is befitting of globularists: hide questions at costs. Do not investigate.
You sure do love projecting the inadequacies of FEers onto REers.
Ah, deflection. The tool of the weak of mind.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2022, 08:23:21 AM »
Time for me to reappear.

Science! What science?

Is that the one where you used the roof which was blocking moonlight to trap heat and skew the results?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2022, 10:54:22 AM »
Time for me to reappear.

Science! What science?

Is that the one where you used the roof which was blocking moonlight to trap heat and skew the results?
What are you talking about? Also, why do you think heat would increase collenchyma? The main mechanism of increasing this is mechanical stress...

Any fool can easily claim to have experimentally shown anything.
That doesn't magically make it true.

Additionally, why should that "excess" be harmful?
I wonder what plants produce to defend themselves when introduced to stressful conditions like high wind. He does not say its harmful, that's you. I am starting to believe you are incapable of reading something before answering. Of course, this is the plight of the round earthers - to always think he knows, while never putting forth any effort towards knowledge itself. If you weren't constantly shitting on our forums, I might feel pity on you.

Pure BS.

You can find it in our forums. Specifically the believers section.

Much madness has its source in truth and vice versa. Round earth engineers and scientists have been driving themselves mad based on this fact for quite some time. Sometimes it's useful. Sometimes they believe the earth is round.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 11:32:46 AM by Username »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2022, 11:01:07 AM »
Even fish has been known to rot faster in the moon light since ancient times.

It was some years before we could test that tale, but we could test the meat being spoiled in the moonlight right away.

Try as we might, we were unable to see any signs of meat being affected by the moon. it didn't matter weather it was mutton, beef, pork, legs, chops, sausages, steaks, nothing we tried was damaged by the light of the moon.
Though have to admit myself and siblings did end up suffering personally when it was discovered we had borrowed a roast to experiment with.

My Uncle, wise in the ways of hunters, explained this myth to me much later.
Back in the days of the legend of Robin Hood, all the deer in England belonged to the King, and only he and his nobles could hunt and eat them.

This did not go down with the commoners so they illegally hunted, knowing as poaching. Since it was far safer to do this by night and avoid the Nobel's soldiers who protected the deer, and lacking night scopes or even torches they poached by the light of the moon.

The full moon became known as poachers moon, and name that is still used today in Africa where poachers illegally hunt rhino and other animals at night.

In order to discourage poachers from hunting the Kings deer the story was put about that meat killed in moonlit nights would go rotten and be uneatable.

In an age where witches were burned at the stake and other superstitions abounded this was believed by many, though not all as poaching continued and still happens in England today.   

Ah, someone was foolish enough to claim that meat does not become putrid in sunlight and demanded a source as they were illiterate of the science at hand. You claim, without evidence, that it predated science and was instead simple folklore. Unfortunately for you, the results have been duplicated by the Astronomer Royal for Scotland in 1858. Later by others.

Piazza Smyth's instruments were not only affected by the moon's rays, even at the lowest of the stations he traveled to for this experiment, but he was able to determine that in tropical climates "meat exposed to moonlight rapidly becomes putrid." More than this, he found antedotal evidence supporting these claims and that they also affect the living: in the Indies it has been observed that they must at times muffle their heads and faces to avoid moonbeams from swelling and distorting their features to the point of blindness in rare cases.

It is of no surprise that plants would also seek to defend themselves from moonlight and produce more shielding as moonlight is a constant threat to the entire ecosystem.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 11:02:43 AM by Username »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2022, 11:36:50 AM »

Pure BS.

You can find it in our forums. Specifically the believers section.

Herein lies the problem. I did search Believers and found this from Ichimaru Gin :]:

Experiment regarding the biological effects of moonlight
« on: November 08, 2009, 04:25:42 PM

Rattlesnakes and other animals harmed by moonlight

This study investigated the effect of moonlight on the nocturnal activity patterns of prairie rattlesnakes (Crotalus viridis viridis). The effect of stimulated moonlight on six adults and eight juvenile prairie rattlesnakes was tested under laboratory conditions in which temperature, feeding frequency, and photoperiod were controlled. The snakes were maintained and tested under a summer photoperiod of 14L: 10D h cycle. The activity of each snake was measured using an index of tracking in the sand floor of a test chamber under new, half, three-quarters, and full moon light (0.06, 0.35, 1.00, and 2.10 lux, respectively). Adult snake activity was significantly greater in new moonlight (starlight only) when compared to activity in three-quarter and full moonlight. The adults also significantly increased activity in open areas in dim moonlight.

Ichi follows this with:

"Upon further review of the experiment, the cells within the rattlesnakes were found to have damage in such a way that proteins geared towards transcription were acutely damaged an in such a manner created a causation of incorrect codon pairing."

He cited the experiment/paper:

The Effect of Moonlight on Activity Patterns of Adult and Juvenile Prairie Rattlesnakes (Crotalus viridis viridis)
Author(s): Jennifer A. Clarke, Joseph T. Chopko and Stephen P. Mackessy
Source: Journal of Herpetology, Vol. 30, No. 2 (Jun., 1996), pp. 192-197
Published by: Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles

I looked up the paper referenced, it can be found here:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/263101200_The_Effect_of_Moonlight_on_Activity_Patterns_of_Adult_and_Juvenile_Prairie_Rattlesnakes_Crotalus_viridis_viridis

No where in the paper does it mention anything about cell damage. No mention at all. No testing of cells even occurred, just the activity of the snakes, no blood tests, no nothing.

So it appears that Ichi completely fabricated, "...Upon further review of the experiment, the cells within the rattlesnakes were found to have damage ..."

This gives me great pause in regard to the veracity of anything you or he says.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2022, 11:47:43 AM »
Effect of moonlight on plant.

What you see is a calcium defense

Obviously the plant is in distress in the moonlight

Know your place