Are people really still going to push the moon is harmless?

• 192 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Are people really still going to push the moon is harmless?
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2022, 10:29:40 AM »
So the inability to transcribe is not cellular? Please feel free to try and explain your way out of that one

Not even remotely what Stash said.

Explain how this can be true:

"Upon further review of the experiment, the cells within the rattlesnakes were found to have damage in such a way that proteins geared towards transcription were acutely damaged an in such a manner created a causation of incorrect codon pairing."
Methylation of coding pairs as I showed

You’ve shown nothing.  The rattlesnakes’ cells weren’t studied for that paper.
That's why I said I found it in review. And now in this thread to support that, I literally provided you with a paper that shows the transcription alteration in snakes due to the environment. I've given you free access examples of both points in the literature.
I told them this pages ago. It seems round earthers have some sort of aversion to science and critical thinking. I find when you question their beliefs or require them to do any sort of analysis beyond a direct quote it often confuses and maddens them, sending them into a rage that last weeks over a simple lack of want to understand something that might be outside their world view. It is a wonder man has survived so long believing the earth is round.

The sickness of their soul this causes forces them to split up one's post into out of context points and argue them piecemeal in a mostly nonsensical way, often leaving logic and reason to the wayside. This allows them to feel successful in combating our reasonable and straightforward points without actually addressing them.

Some of them have had this sickness for so long they are under the delusion that they are helping society with these wonton ramblings and somehow stopping folks from flocking to the truth - that moonlight is dangerous and that the earth is flat. If only they could comprehend the lack of effect they have, or at best the dangers and harms they support with their ridiculous behavior. In their mind they are the heroes of reason and logic, all while squarely throwing them in the trash bin every time their mouth opens or their fingers meet keyboard.

I have to wonder if this is indeed due to long term exposure to moonlight due to their willful ignorance on the topic of Luna or if its instead some disease of moral perversion.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 11:11:13 AM by Username »

« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2022, 11:23:28 AM »
It seems round earthers have some sort of aversion to science and critical thinking.

A bunch of hog wash..

Do Clouds Show Evidence of Spherical Earth?
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=90800.0

Horizon did not block duck from view
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=90722.0

Looking forward to your participation in the above listed threads…

Find it ironic that flat earther’s never seemed to use, or try to understand the basics of, a telescope.

And what Navy has tactical superiority by treating the world as flat? 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 12:03:54 PM by DataOverFlow2022 »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2022, 12:57:37 PM »
It seems round earthers have some sort of aversion to science and critical thinking.

A bunch of hog wash..

Find it ironic that flat earther’s never seemed to use, or try to understand the basics of, a telescope.

Point in case, rather than sticking to the subject at hand, which team round is losing points in hand over fist, the irrational roundist instead decides to post off topic nonsense about the Navy and unfounded accusations about telescopes. Hilariously, its in fact the ignorance on the part of the round earther Galileo on the topic of telescopes that led to his works supporting Copernican theory (Against Method 1975) and a resurgence in the long discredited and overly complex model (as compared to contemporary rival models).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 01:06:31 PM by Username »

Mikey T.

« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2022, 01:11:40 PM »

A bunch of hog wash..

Point in case, rather than sticking to the subject at hand, which team round is losing points in hand over fist, the irrational roundist instead decides to post off topic nonsense about the Navy and unfounded accusations about telescopes. Hilariously, its in fact the ignorance on the part of the round earther Galileo on the topic of telescopes that led to his works supporting Copernican theory (Against Method 1975) and a resurgence in the long discredited and overly complex model (as compared to contemporary rival models).
Perhaps you can point to the actual part of those studies that support the claims?  Or are you too brainwashed by wanting to seem like you know more than everyone else?  Seems the critical thinking failures are not really where you want them to be huh.  But I understand, you sure do love to try, and fail miserably, to sound intelligent.  But do keep trying, I do find your illogical tenacity enjoyable.

« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2022, 01:42:46 PM »
So the inability to transcribe is not cellular? Please feel free to try and explain your way out of that one

"Upon further review of the experiment, the cells within the rattlesnakes were found to have damage in such a way that proteins geared towards transcription were acutely damaged an in such a manner created a causation of incorrect codon pairing."

That's why I said I found it in review. And now in this thread to support that, I literally provided you with a paper that shows the transcription alteration in snakes due to the environment. I've given you free access examples of both points in the literature.
I told them this pages ago.

And yet pages later, still not even the slightest link has been demonstrated.

It seems round earthers have some sort of aversion to science and critical thinking. I find when you question their beliefs or require them to do any sort of analysis beyond a direct quote it often confuses and maddens them, sending them into a rage that last weeks over a simple lack of want to understand something that might be outside their world view. It is a wonder man has survived so long believing the earth is round.

The sickness of their soul this causes forces them to split up one's post into out of context points and argue them piecemeal in a mostly nonsensical way, often leaving logic and reason to the wayside. This allows them to feel successful in combating our reasonable and straightforward points without actually addressing them.

Some of them have had this sickness for so long they are under the delusion that they are helping society with these wonton ramblings and somehow stopping folks from flocking to the truth - that moonlight is dangerous and that the earth is flat. If only they could comprehend the lack of effect they have, or at best the dangers and harms they support with their ridiculous behavior. In their mind they are the heroes of reason and logic, all while squarely throwing them in the trash bin every time their mouth opens or their fingers meet keyboard.

I have to wonder if this is indeed due to long term exposure to moonlight due to their willful ignorance on the topic of Luna or if its instead some disease of moral perversion.

Ooooh!

Good to see the flat earther scientific debating skills out in force.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2022, 05:30:27 PM »

A bunch of hog wash..

Perhaps you can point to the actual part of those studies that support the claims?  Or are you too brainwashed by wanting to seem like you know more than everyone else?  Seems the critical thinking failures are not really where you want them to be huh.  But I understand, you sure do love to try, and fail miserably, to sound intelligent.  But do keep trying, I do find your illogical tenacity enjoyable.
Ichi is doing a fine job of that as is. I'm sorry you seem unable to comprehend the obvious.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2022, 05:34:01 PM »

I told them this pages ago.

Very valid and well reasoned counter points to all the evidence Ichi has put forth thus far. Good show!

Username

• Administrator

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2022, 06:43:40 PM »
Sokarul was I the one you talked about clouds and greenhouse with? I honestly don't ever recall discussing anything like that with you. Was that with a different FEer?
I think so. Either way there was a big discussion about your experiment.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2022, 09:20:18 PM »
Some more studies showing that the moon light is indeed dangerous to throw on the pile.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5721903
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4805596
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7840136

We hypothesized that because people’s attention is naturally drawn to a full moon, it might contribute to fatal motorcycle crashes.17 In particular, glancing at a full moon takes the motorcyclist’s gaze off the road, which could result in a loss of control.18 A full moon might also lead to changes in surrounding traffic behaviors, such as distracting other motorists or pedestrians from noticing an oncoming motorcycle.19

Where did it mention "moonlight causes cellular damage"? Please show us in any of the 5 studies now cited where it even mentions that moonlight causes cell damage.

Pathetic & downright disingenuous

« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2022, 11:15:17 PM »
Very valid and well reasoned counter points to all the evidence Ichi has put forth thus far. Good show!

You're welcome.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2022, 07:01:54 AM »
Some more studies showing that the moon light is indeed dangerous to throw on the pile.

We hypothesized that because people’s attention is naturally drawn to a full moon, it might contribute to fatal motorcycle crashes.17 In particular, glancing at a full moon takes the motorcyclist’s gaze off the road, which could result in a loss of control.18 A full moon might also lead to changes in surrounding traffic behaviors, such as distracting other motorists or pedestrians from noticing an oncoming motorcycle.19

Where did it mention "moonlight causes cellular damage"? Please show us in any of the 5 studies now cited where it even mentions that moonlight causes cell damage.

And John specifically said that was a claim in his new posted links where?????
Pretty much sums up the globularist arguing in this thread. Very disingenuous.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2022, 08:00:53 AM »

Point in case, rather than sticking to the subject at hand,

In a world where people are killed by natural weather.  Really could careless about light / electromagnetic waves / photons from the sun.

Or photons reflected off the moon. 

Or the influence the moon exerts on the earth because of their attraction for each other because of mass that creates high tides, low tides, or rivers run upstream through tidal bores.

So.  Please list how I can protect myself from “tangible” dangers of the moon?   Example. I use sunscreen to protect myself from harmful radiation from the sun. 

Exactly what is the harmful “radiation” from the moon.  And how is it measured? 

which team round is losing points in hand over fist,

What case are you making, and what does it have to do with the shape of the earth.

the irrational roundist instead decides to post off topic nonsense about the Navy

Simple question. You can’t answer.  If the earth is truly flat, then what navy has tactical superiority because they treat the earth as flat?   

and unfounded accusations about telescopes. Hilariously, its in fact the ignorance on the part of the round earther Galileo on the topic of telescopes that led to his works supporting Copernican theory (Against Method 1975) and a resurgence in the long discredited and overly complex model (as compared to contemporary rival models).

Sounds like a good debate thread topic. Looking forward to you creating the thread. 

Still see you haven’t posted in the reference debate threads?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2022, 08:19:00 AM »
If moonlight can damage snake cells, why do they not damage plant cells.  Why isn't grass just dead from extreme exposure to moon light?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2022, 08:25:36 AM »
If moonlight can damage snake cells, why do they not damage plant cells.  Why isn't grass just dead from extreme exposure to moon light?

Maybe chlorophyll or other component unique to plants has some protective effect. You do realise that plants and animals are different right?

This is the level of stupid globers are at ::)

Snakes are not plants. And even among animals, one animals nutrient is anothers posion. Humans love and gorge on cocoa but it is quite toxic to dogs

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2022, 09:20:02 AM »

And John specifically said that was a claim in his new posted links where?????
Pretty much sums up the globularist arguing in this thread. Very disingenuous.

You did.

And John cites a paper that motorcyclists may have a tendency to get distracted by the full moon? Talk about pathetic.

You completely fabricated your claim. Unless you can show in the first studies you cited where it says moonlight can causes cellular damage. Which you can't because it doesn't exist.

You made it up. And you've been lying about it for over a dozen years.

Pretty much sums up the unethical pseudo-scientists arguing in this thread. Very disingenuous.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2022, 10:13:08 AM »
Someone's mad we caught them arguing a strawman 🤣
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2022, 11:34:19 AM »

Very funny, coming from someone who keeps saying that anyone not buying your own spurious conclusions must reject a principle you vaguely refer to.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2022, 02:04:38 PM »

No strawman. You claimed moonlight causes cell damage and referred to 2 studies. Neither of which say anything even remotely about that.

You lied. And that is a fact, not a strawman. Why do you lie?

« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2022, 02:26:42 PM »

No strawman. You claimed moonlight causes cell damage and referred to 2 studies. Neither of which say anything even remotely about that.

Moon light that is actually reflected sunlight?  Like looking at a cantaloupe?  Wounded if cantaloupe light damages cells?

What is the endgame here.  The old the moon makes its own light? 

« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2022, 02:33:16 PM »
In fact I provided an example of directly measured altered transcription due to environment factors in snakes. Same as what I quoted. Transcription.

Apparently light is not an environmental factor according to you or Stash.

Who also still won't answer why he thinks animal activity is separate from biology.

What light are you referring to?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2022, 02:59:28 PM »

This entire thread is you arguing against made up scenarios. Case in point is you replying to John about cellular damage in his posted studies when he had no such claim that those links showed that mechanic specifically.
It's getting quite embarrassing for you at this point.

Mikey T.

« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2022, 03:16:40 PM »

A bunch of hog wash..

Ichi is doing a fine job of that as is. I'm sorry you seem unable to comprehend the obvious.
So, no you won't try to point to the actual parts of what was posted where it agreed with what was claimed.  Several of us have read it, it isn't there.  So you just can't possibly learn new dance moves I see.  I had such high hopes for you too.  I guess I was wrong and you are just another FE con artist who just deflects when asked specific questions. 

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2022, 04:39:47 PM »

This entire thread is you arguing against made up scenarios. Case in point is you replying to John about cellular damage in his posted studies when he had no such claim that those links showed that mechanic specifically.

Yes, I'm arguing against a made up scenario - The scenario that you made up: Your claim that moonlight causes cellular damage. Now that's embarrassing.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2022, 04:49:34 PM »
You made up that I said the activity study had the result of cellular damage when I said it was found in review.

Then John posts three links with no mention of cellular damage and you scream like a lunatic again about the same point. Which he never mentions.

These are laughable made up strawmen.

I wonder how many pages of this tantrum will continue

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2022, 05:27:54 PM »

Logical fallacy. This thread is not only made of him arguing.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2022, 07:42:47 PM »

Moon light that is actually reflected sunlight?  Like looking at a cantaloupe?  Wounded if cantaloupe light damages cells?

What is the endgame here.  The old the moon makes its own light?

Anything that has a temperature above absolute zero emits light. Anyone arguing that the moon does not emit anything except reflected sunlight is WRONG

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it does not exist. Can you see IR or UV? The sun emits plenty of that but you can't see it

Human eyeballs are a poor tool to rely on for studying the world around us. There is a lot of information it misses. So let's stop the BS of saying the moon only reflects sunlight. It emits black body radiation in addition.

So all you science fans should stop being wrong.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2022, 10:13:42 PM »
It emits black body radiation in addition.

So does a toaster and a light bulb.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2022, 10:44:38 PM »

But it seems everyone here says the moon does not emit anything. That is frankly, wrong. On consideration and nuance, I'm sure you would have to agree.

There is much it emits we can not see or appreciate

Can you say, with absolute certainty, 100% no doubt in your mind, that the moon does not cause any damage? Even sub clinical damage that may be accumulative over time?

Most animals are not as complex or live as long as humans do. There is far more to go wrong with us and far more time to accumulate or for the damage to take effect. For example if a dog could live to 100 years old, it might see cancers and other brain diseases humans do when we reach our old age. But they don't live long enough for that to happen. Just as we didn't used to live long enough for things like dementia, skin and prostate cancer to affect us

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2022, 11:04:36 PM »

But it seems everyone here says the moon does not emit anything. That is frankly, wrong. On consideration and nuance, I'm sure you would have to agree.

Agreed. Anything with heat emits something, including black body radiation.

There is much it emits we can not see or appreciate

Sure, same for anything and everything.

Can you say, with absolute certainty, 100% no doubt in your mind, that the moon does not cause any damage? Even sub clinical damage that may be accumulative over time?

Of course not. I'm not 100% certain about anything - No one should be. But completely fabricating that something does cause damage with zero evidence that it does is not sound, by any measure.

Most animals are not as complex or live as long as humans do. There is far more to go wrong with us and far more time to accumulate or for the damage to take effect. For example if a dog could live to 100 years old, it might see cancers and other brain diseases humans do when we reach our old age.

But they don't live long enough for that to happen. Just as we didn't used to live long enough for things like dementia, skin and prostate cancer to affect us

My dog has cancer. She's 12. (So ironic you brought that up as an example. She was diagnosed, literally just last Monday when the biopsy came back.)