Al the other objects in the skys

• 17 Replies
Al the other objects in the skys
« on: September 08, 2022, 09:09:28 AM »
Hi,
i just joined after watching a tiring discussion by 2 Daves on youtube.
One thing i do not understand, do you guys believe that all celestial objects are flat? or only the earth.
For instance, are the sun and moon and all other planets flat too?
So the universe is filled with discs? And the universe itself is a disc too then? So no chance of a big bang in that case.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Al the other objects in the skys
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 01:26:12 PM »
No, we don't believe other celestial objects are flat.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 02:46:20 PM »
A depiction of the solar system

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 06:30:23 AM »
i do not understand the logic in that, if there is any.
Naturally all larger planetoids start out liquid or gaseous. Within the vacuum of space they will form into spheres.
So why would the earth be the only planetoid formed as a disc?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 06:34:58 AM »
Naturally all larger planetoids start out liquid or gaseous. Within the vacuum of space they will form into spheres.

Because it's special

But even if 0.00000001% of planets are flat, given all the planets in the universe, that's going to have a shit load of flat planets

Look at Haumea. It almost spun itself flat and that's in our 'backyard'

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 07:26:50 AM »

So.  The earth is either a cylinder or a cube in your delusion. Just another 3 dimensional shape like the other planets.  Now, just round the corners and your closer to the demonstrable truth the earth is spherical. 

Mikey T.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 07:50:29 AM »

So.  The earth is either a cylinder or a cube in your delusion. Just another 3 dimensional shape like the other planets.  Now, just round the corners and your closer to the demonstrable truth the earth is spherical.
I don't think you get his sense or humor. 

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 04:30:31 AM »

Because it's special

The amount of revolutions (spinning) needed to make it flat as a disc is so great that almost all of its mass would have flung off. So that's another impossibility within that argument.

Also, something would have had to make it stop spinning that fast to get to the one day revolution we now have.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 04:43:54 AM »

Because it's special

The amount of revolutions (spinning) needed to make it flat as a disc is so great that almost all of its mass would have flung off. So that's another impossibility within that argument.

Also, something would have had to make it stop spinning that fast to get to the one day revolution we now have.

Here is NASA's own depiction of Haumea

Now if someone was to slow its rotational speed to that of Earth, it would not return to a sphere overnight.

When Earth had a collision with another planet that ended up forming our Moon, that impact (depending on angle) could have enough kinetic energy to spin us near flat. Also why would mass 'fly off' if it spins faster? The faster the spin, the more effect of gravity keeping everything stuck on its surface. We are dealing with planet sized objects, not little science toys after all

Know your place

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 05:12:22 AM »

When Earth had a collision with another planet that ended up forming our Moon, that impact (depending on angle) could have enough kinetic energy to spin us near flat.

More here

Haumea were in hydrostatic equilibrium and had a low density like Pluto, with a thick mantle of ice over a small rocky core, its rapid rotation would have elongated it to a greater extent than the fluctuations in its brightness allow.

So how fast would the earth have to spin to be “spin us near flat”?  And what caused the earth to slow down? 

Flat? Which isn’t the shape of Haumea at all?

Googled the question…

This was an interesting response…

How fast would Earth, or any other planet, need to spin for it to be flat?

https://www.quora.com/How-fast-would-Earth-or-any-other-planet-need-to-spin-for-it-to-be-flat

It can’t be flat. If a sphere-shaped planet rotated much faster, it would fly apart before it would become flat.
By Gary-Novosielski

https://www.quora.com/profile/Gary-Novosielski

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 05:52:33 AM »

When Earth had a collision with another planet that ended up forming our Moon, that impact (depending on angle) could have enough kinetic energy to spin us near flat.

More here

Haumea were in hydrostatic equilibrium and had a low density like Pluto, with a thick mantle of ice over a small rocky core, its rapid rotation would have elongated it to a greater extent than the fluctuations in its brightness allow.

So how fast would the earth have to spin to be “spin us near flat”?  And what caused the earth to slow down? 

Flat? Which isn’t the shape of Haumea at all?

Googled the question…

This was an interesting response…

How fast would Earth, or any other planet, need to spin for it to be flat?

https://www.quora.com/How-fast-would-Earth-or-any-other-planet-need-to-spin-for-it-to-be-flat

It can’t be flat. If a sphere-shaped planet rotated much faster, it would fly apart before it would become flat.
By Gary-Novosielski

https://www.quora.com/profile/Gary-Novosielski

The Earth still has depth. Think a little more flat than Haumea but the curve /drop off is blocked off by a wall eg Antarctica

I have never suggested the earth is so flat it has no depth. Also parts of the earth can still be concave / convex. Flat earth doesn't mean the entire surface has a near 2D shape

What slowed it down seemingly quickly? Who knows. I'm sure there are many unanswered questions related to earth's past you are fine with being unknown. So just add this to the list

Know your place

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2022, 07:59:29 AM »
Also why would mass 'fly off' if it spins faster? The faster the spin, the more effect of gravity keeping everything stuck on its surface. We are dealing with planet sized objects, not little science toys after all

Both forces work in opposite ways and do not complement each other.
Gravity, the force which attracts mass to other mass, would pull things in. Centrifugal force wants to make things fly away. When you balance both perfectly you will get 1G at the surface of our planet. (there seems to be a 0.3% difference between the poles and the equator, so our spin of 1 rev p. day has very little effect)
But if you start spinning the planet faster and faster, we might get flung into space.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 08:04:07 AM by spunkycandy@gmx.com »

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2022, 10:02:16 PM »
Oh shit, glad the mansplaining crew came in to discuss what they learned in 4th letter. Yeah, we all know about how acceleration mate.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2022, 10:06:10 PM »
How do you know that it's not womansplaining?

Mikey T.

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2022, 05:07:02 AM »
Oh shit, glad the mansplaining crew came in to discuss what they learned in 4th letter. Yeah, we all know about how acceleration mate.
No you don't.  You've proven that you don't, many times.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2022, 08:49:55 AM »

Is your non-binary uterus hurting from the mansplaining?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2022, 02:01:57 PM »

It seems like you don't understand logic. Why do you think that everything should be the same shape given a limited set of things that are the same shape? Please justify this using formal logic.

Show me one time I misunderstood acceleration in the last 15 years of posts.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Mikey T.

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2022, 03:59:42 PM »

It seems like you don't understand logic. Why do you think that everything should be the same shape given a limited set of things that are the same shape? Please justify this using formal logic.

Show me one time I misunderstood acceleration in the last 15 years of posts.
Pick one.  You show it pretty much constantly.