Why stop at flat?

• 6 Replies
Why stop at flat?
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »
If you guys really want to believe the earth to be some other shape than what centuries of science/astronomy/navigation/commonsense tell us all it is, be more imaginative please!  Why not a torus shape?  Think of the advantages: you can solve the age-old 'utilities' puzzle (supply Gas, Water and Electricity to three houses without any lines crossing) straight off (in fact you can get four utilities feeding to four houses without crossing).  And forget that old Four-Colour Map nonsense, the toroid needs seven colours, and it can be proved without a computer. Think of the boost to the cartography and coloured-ink manufacture industries!

I rather fancy a Möbius strip, or even a Klein bottle, however.  Then you can get to both sides of the Earth's surface (well in fact it's really only one side) without having to take a trip 'over the edge'.  Double your land area in a flash...!

Re: Why stop at flat?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:13:16 AM »
Quote from: "Dumb Astro"
If you guys really want to believe the earth to be some other shape than what centuries of science/astronomy/navigation/commonsense tell us all it is, be more imaginative please!  Why not a torus shape?  Think of the advantages: you can solve the age-old 'utilities' puzzle (supply Gas, Water and Electricity to three houses without any lines crossing) straight off (in fact you can get four utilities feeding to four houses without crossing).  And forget that old Four-Colour Map nonsense, the toroid needs seven colours, and it can be proved without a computer. Think of the boost to the cartography and coloured-ink manufacture industries!

I rather fancy a Möbius strip, or even a Klein bottle, however.  Then you can get to both sides of the Earth's surface (well in fact it's really only one side) without having to take a trip 'over the edge'.  Double your land area in a flash...!

because the theory states flat. as in Flat Earth Society.
Easy as 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »
Quote from: "Beeper"

because the theory states flat. as in Flat Earth Society.

Oh, my.... are you that stupid, or pretending, I sure hope it's the 2nd of the 2. He's saying that if you're going to make the earth a shape it's not, get creative, more creative than flat, come on!!

It was funny by the way.
f there were an ice wall, Chuck Norris would've roundhouse kicked it by now, so there goes that theory.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Someone intelligent with a sense of humor or
a FE'er (either one's correct)

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »
Quote from: "LSUTiger1712"

Oh, my.... are you that stupid, or pretending, I sure hope it's the 2nd of the 2. He's saying that if you're going to make the earth a shape it's not, get creative, more creative than flat, come on!!

It was funny by the way.

Saying that a bad joke is funny doesn't make it less bad and unfunny.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 11:20:32 AM »
Quote from: "Mephistopheles"
Quote from: "LSUTiger1712"

It was funny by the way.

Saying that a bad joke is funny doesn't make it less bad and unfunny.

Different people laugh at different things, I laugh at stupid stuff, like that 1st post, this theory, and the McRib.
f there were an ice wall, Chuck Norris would've roundhouse kicked it by now, so there goes that theory.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Someone intelligent with a sense of humor or
a FE'er (either one's correct)

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 01:28:02 PM »

The Earth is really a Calabi-Yau space.

Why stop at flat?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »
I say its shaped like Mickey Mouses head, giving Walt Disney inspiration for making the character, cause Walt was clearly in on the conspiracy.

And we are all oblivious to what those 3 circles really mean.