SLS launches in 4 days

• 86 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: SLS launches in 4 days
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2022, 06:31:25 PM »
As of me posting this, there are 14 people in space. The most there has ever been at one time

Incorrect.
The most people in space at the same time is 19, achieved for a few minutes shortly after 15:00 UTC on 11 Dec 2021. During this brief period, the six-person crew of Blue Origin NS-19 crossed the Karman Line to join the three-person crew on the Chinese space station Tiangong and the 10 crew on the International Space Station in space.

Perhaps you meant most people in orbit at one time.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2022, 02:54:02 AM »
But the SLS is unmanned and only designed for four asstronuts to visit the Moon. One woman and three men.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2022, 04:03:23 AM »
Incorrect.
The most people in space at the same time is 19, achieved for a few minutes shortly after 15:00 UTC on 11 Dec 2021. During this brief period, the six-person crew of Blue Origin NS-19 crossed the Karman Line to join the three-person crew on the Chinese space station Tiangong and the 10 crew on the International Space Station in space.

Perhaps you meant most people in orbit at one time.
That is what I meant yes.
I dont really consider BO sub-orbital hops space, even though I can technically agree they are.

If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2022, 04:04:34 AM »
But the SLS is unmanned and only designed for four asstronuts to visit the Moon. One woman and three men.
The FIRST flight of the SLS is unmanned yes. Well done on paying attention.
A2 and 3 will be manned.

Heiwa

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2022, 05:45:06 AM »
A2 and 3 will be manned.

Yes, isn't fantastic to be crew on an SLS. But what's the purpose of crew when all is automatic? What shall the crew do aboard an SLS? Plant strawberries on the Moon?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2022, 07:15:35 AM »
A2 and 3 will be manned.

Yes, isn't fantastic to be crew on an SLS. But what's the purpose of crew when all is automatic? What shall the crew do aboard an SLS? Plant strawberries on the Moon?

What do you have against lunar strawberries?

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2022, 11:55:28 AM »
Orion is to be lobbed around the moon, while attached to the gateway station. Gateway is filled to the brim with science experiments. A lot of them are automatic, but you can only do so much with automation. So they need people to run those experiments.
This is also why there are people on the ISS.

The other reason is to test medical science, which you cant do with out warm human bodies in space.

Heiwa

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2022, 09:29:19 PM »
Orion is to be lobbed around the moon, while attached to the gateway station. Gateway is filled to the brim with science experiments. A lot of them are automatic, but you can only do so much with automation. So they need people to run those experiments.
This is also why there are people on the ISS.

The other reason is to test medical science, which you cant do with out warm human bodies in space.
NASA lobs some expensive scrap around the Moon and calls it automatic science experiments. ROTFL. And look at that first warm human body on the Moon 1969 - Buzz Aldrin - today. An alcholic bum.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2022, 09:56:36 PM »
And look at that first warm human body on the Moon 1969 - Buzz Aldrin - today. An alcholic bum.

He was the second warm human body on the Moon.

And look at the Heiwa bot, it's a lone conspiracy theorist crank peddling falsehoods without evidence.

Heiwa

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2022, 09:51:04 PM »
And look at that first warm human body on the Moon 1969 - Buzz Aldrin - today. An alcholic bum.

He was the second warm human body on the Moon.

And look at the Heiwa bot, it's a lone conspiracy theorist crank peddling falsehoods without evidence.

Well, Buzz says he was with Neal on the Moon 1969 and if you offer him a drink he will lie about it. I explain all at my popular website.

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2022, 10:40:37 PM »
Still hawking your website even after multiple bans, eh?
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Heiwa

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2022, 08:41:37 AM »
Not at all. Anybody can visit my web site any time free of charge. Anybody curious about my findings just have to study my web site. But take care! Spreading my info about nukes and Estonia may put you in jail at USA, Japan and Sweden, as it is military secret there for national security reasons. Don't blame me for it. It is just a crazy world.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 10:14:40 AM by Heiwa »

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2022, 02:36:45 PM »
Not at all. Anybody can Only bots visit my web site any time free of charge. Anybody Dumbarses curious about my findings just have to study promote my shitty web spam site. But take care eat shit! Spreading my info shitty theories about nukes and Estonia may put you in jail at USA, Japan and Sweden, dementia as it is military secret there for national security reasons my ways of spreading cancer. Don't Blame me for it. It iq just a crazy shitty world.

CRAZY! How hard is it to spell "is", Heiwa?

Heiwa

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2022, 10:17:03 AM »
Not at all. Anybody can Only bots visit my web site any time free of charge. Anybody Dumbarses curious about my findings just have to study promote my shitty web spam site. But take care eat shit! Spreading my info shitty theories about nukes and Estonia may put you in jail at USA, Japan and Sweden, dementia as it is military secret there for national security reasons my ways of spreading cancer. Don't Blame me for it. It iq just a crazy shitty world.

CRAZY! How hard is it to spell "is", Heiwa?
It was just a typing error with q and s tabs close on the keyboard. Happens!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2022, 04:12:07 AM »
SLS launches in 1 day.

Well, they are attempting to launch in one day. It will probably launch closer to my 80th birthday.

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2022, 06:35:35 AM »
SLS launches in 1 day.

Well, they are attempting to launch in one day. It will probably launch closer to my 80th birthday.

80...good for you man. Keep it up and keep breathing.
Though just be careful who you let see you keeping it up!
Really…..what a laugh!!!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2022, 04:48:57 PM »
Ooooohhhh...

Less than 5 hours now.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2022, 11:04:51 PM »
And it's away! 

Hasn't exploded yet!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2022, 12:49:12 AM »
Holy crap. It actually launched and did not blow up!

That was the second most powerful rocket to ever launch and the most powerful rocket to reach orbit.

This record will hold about a month before Starship launches, its WAY more powerful.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2022, 12:50:05 AM »
SLS launches in 1 day.

80...good for you man. Keep it up and keep breathing.
Though just be careful who you let see you keeping it up!

Thank you, Im looking good for 80.

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2022, 07:11:49 AM »

That was the second most powerful rocket to ever launch and the most powerful rocket to reach orbit.

This record will hold about a month before Starship launches, its WAY more powerful.

I thought it was a bit underwhelming compared to the old Saturn V launches. I'm guessing that's because most of its power comes from the solid rocket boosters, whereas the 5 F-1 engines on the Saturn were what really impressed.

The commentary too was lacking, it didn't convey the same drama that Jack King used to conjure up.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2022, 08:52:10 AM »
Well after years of getting rocket blocked it's hard to keep up the enthusiasm.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2022, 11:40:04 AM »

I thought it was a bit underwhelming compared to the old Saturn V launches. I'm guessing that's because most of its power comes from the solid rocket boosters, whereas the 5 F-1 engines on the Saturn were what really impressed.

The commentary too was lacking, it didn't convey the same drama that Jack King used to conjure up.

Yeah, the commentary blew. Little to no onscreen telemetry. Nothing to really get an overwhelming exuberance in terms of scale, etc. NASA should take a presentation note from SpaceX.

I saw somewhere that they have 20 some odd cameras all over the thing. Hopefully someone will cut together a whole bunch of footage together. Something like this:

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2022, 04:48:47 PM »
If you want some non NASA shots, this video has a bunch.

Spectacular.

I wonder how much they paid the thousands of people who watched it to lie about it happening.  >:D

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2022, 04:57:29 PM »
That is awesome. That booster separation shot is amazing. Thanks for digging this up and sharing. My exuberance is now back.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2022, 01:23:42 AM »
We get a bigger launch in the next few weeks or months. So still time for a more enthusiastic launch with all the cool camera angles

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2022, 02:26:37 PM »
We get a bigger launch in the next few weeks or months. So still time for a more enthusiastic launch with all the cool camera angles
Such a great opportunity for some flat earthers to go bring their own cameras to verify that all the footage we are seeing is real.

But for some reason they never do anything like that.  Almost as if deep down they know it's going to look just like all the other real footage.