Cavendish Experiment

• 8 Replies
Cavendish Experiment
« on: March 26, 2024, 06:01:44 AM »
I have a friend who very strongly believes in flat Earth and he's a recent convert, only about 2 years ago or so. But very very strongly. I'm already a young Earth creationist, very strong believer in God and Jesus Christ.  I'm very open to the idea of flat earth, it's no skin off my back, I believe in an infinitely powerful God, the Earth could be shaped like a diamond or anything else He wants, not an issue for me.  I'm trying to have as open of a mind as possible.  He says gravity doesn't exist. That's totally possible.  But if that's the case, then what is the flat Earth model explanation for why we don't just float over Earth, and what's the explanation for how the Cavendish experiment works? He sent me an article about how horribly inconsistent and imprecise our attempts to measure gravity have been, but what's the explanation for how the Cavendish experiment works if there is no gravity? Is the general assumption that these experiments are all faked? The videos I've seen appear to be legitimate videos. Maybe they're faked, I'm open to that as well. I definitely don't believe anyone landed the moon in the '60s, and I tend towards skepticism of whatever the mainstream narrative is.  And I'll also admit that it's entirely possible I'm thinking in terms of how I've been programmed to think and that is obscuring me to what may be an objective reality, that gravity doesn't exist at all. That is a possibility. But deprogramming can be extremely difficult. I've been a lover of science all my life, believing it relates to the passage in Proverbs where it says it is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and it is Glory of Kings to search it out. Every time I learn new things about science it just gives me more reason to praise God in His infinite wisdom for creating such a beautiful and complex universe to share with us. But I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the explanation for how we don't float if there isn't gravity. What's the alternative explanation for that? Let's say someone goes to the edge of the flat Earth and jumps off, what happens? Is it that the Earth is in a constant state of acceleration in a particular direction, which gives us an illusion of gravity? I'm really struggling to understand. If anyone has videos in particular that can explain this, that's the best way for me.  And the more detailed the better, as I'm still trying to wrap my head around these concepts.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 06:04:32 AM by LikeTheSandwich »

EarthIsRotund

• Earth is round. Yes.
Re: Cavendish Experiment
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 07:54:58 AM »
Download a satelite tracker app [there are many of them, just pick one you like], get a pair of good binoculars and get ready to observe the ISS when it passes overhead through your area. In fact, you don't even need binoculars, but if it seems difficult, binoculars will help. Once you've done that, we can then discuss why you seem unconvinced that gravity does not exist
I love Mairimashita Iruma Kun

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 07:56:54 AM »
I've seen it.  Please continue.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 08:26:36 AM »
This is the FE Q&A section of the forum. If you know the answer from FET you may give it. People do not post questions here looking for the RE answer.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 04:25:53 PM »
I don't understand what you're saying.  I'm asking what's the FET explanation for the phenomenon RET calls gravity.  If gravity isn't real, what's the mechanism that actually fuels what we see?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 04:41:16 PM »
Universal acceleration - dark matter is accelerating upward at around 9.8m/s^2
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 05:09:40 PM »
That explains most of what we observe.  Is there any physical mechanism that causes that, or is it a phenomenon which God is doing continually?  And can that in some way account for the working of the Cavendish Experiment?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 08:35:57 AM »
Gravity is real, but it is not attractive (nor does the Earth fly upwards).

There is gravity (aether absorbing wormholes), or negative electricity, and antigravity (aether emitting wormholes), or positive electricity. Gravitons = electrons. Antigravitons = positrons.

On the Cavendish experiment:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg805751#msg805751

Let us now back to the Nipher experiments.

The relationship between gravitation and the electric field was first observed experimentally by Dr. Francis Nipher. Nipher's conclusion was that sheilded electrostatic fields directly influence the action of gravitation. He further concluded that gravitation and electrical fields are absolutely linked.

http://www.rexresearch.com/nipher/nipher1.htm

The relationship between gravitation and the electric field was first observed experimentally by Dr. Francis Nipher. Dr. Francis Nipher conducted extensive experiments during 1918, on a modified Cavendish experiment. He reproduced the classical arrangements for the experiment, where gravitational attraction could be measured between free-swinging masses, and a large fixed central mass. Dr. Nipher modified the Cavendish experiment by applying a large electrical field to the large central mass, which was sheilded inside a Faraday cage. When electrostatic charge was applied to the large fixed mass, the free-swinging masses exhibited a reduced attraction to the central mass, when the central mass was only slightly charged. As the electric field strength was increased, there arose a voltage threshold which resulted in no attraction at all between the fixed mass and the free-swinging masses. Increasing the potential applied to the central mass beyond that threshold, resulted in the free-swinging masses being repelled (!) from the fixed central mass. Nipher's conclusion was that sheilded electrostatic fields directly influence the action of gravitation. He further concluded that gravitation and electrical fields are absolutely linked.

Lamoreaux experiment:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1616174#msg1616174

Doubles forces of attractive gravitation paradox:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1905467#msg1905467 (make sure to read parts I and II also)

Weyl-Ivanov electrogravitational exact formula:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2207577#msg2207577

UA gravity (earth accelerating upwards) is worse than SF: those who put forward such an idea obviously did not want to get themselves involved in researching the true cause of gravity, nor did they have the knowledge to even know where to start their inquiry. Using the Biefeld-Brown effect, a capacitor can become heavier or lighter depending where the tension is applied (negative or positive pole), thus nullfying the very concept of an accelerating Earth. Dark matter to accelerate the Earth? No mechanism has been provided. How would that device beneath the Earth know when it is approaching the outer limit of our Universe and thus modify the course from a straight line pointing upwards to a curve in order to avoid the collision? For those who don't know, here is the concept of dark flow:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1964696#msg1964696

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 02:36:36 PM »
Thank you, I've been reading some of this and it's very interesting!