Antarctica - A wall of ice?

• 269 Replies
Re: Antarctica - A wall of ice?
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2022, 02:47:20 PM »
So because its impractical for trucks and rockets and whatevr else, battery EV should be banned?

Is that what youre saying?

How about this
Driving is impractical in the downtown congested cities.
Therefore NO ONE ANYWHERE should be driving single occupancy vehicles.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flatness as in the shape of a water droplet.
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2022, 02:49:31 PM »
While I find EVs to currently be impractical for a myriad of reasons, I'm not entirely against EVs.
Rabinoz RIP

« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2022, 03:01:12 PM »
Excactly

So why is bulmb so upset?

« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2022, 03:14:08 PM »
The thread morphed. 

As for new cars check the Toyota Mirai.   Mirai runs on the Toyota Fuel Cell System (TFCS).

https://www.toyota.com/mirai/

TOYOTA Fuel cell - How does it work?

« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2022, 05:54:07 AM »
Excactly

I'm upset with your "Well you better learn to accept it because it's coming." Why is it coming? Because blowhard Biden tried to force us to buy through tampering with gas supply? Most people I see on the road are using gas cars. Most people outside California, Vermont, or Oregon like to get places and refuel in time to get to work. The only people I do see using electric cars come after hours to the library to hook up their cars to mooch off the library's power. Scumbag parasites that shit where they eat.  Nevertheless the library seems to allow this so whatever.

But a person should be allowed to drive whatever car they want, and not have climate police basically phase out their mode of transport in favor of one that isn't efficient after 100 years of tinkering. 1890. That's when electric cars came out. They are fine for tramcars on the boardwalk. They are fine for cars that never move past a premise (golf course, small town like Colonial Beach). They are obviously not fine for that 500+ mile business trip. And it is not fine to tell everyone what engine they should have, nor ignition type, nor window type, nor color.

If I told you "In the future, red cars will be banned, so you had better get used to this and sell me your red car," you should rightly tell me to fuck off and never ever try to buy your nice red car again. Yet somehow this behavior is acceptable for the smug environmental types convinced that an impractical technology will be widely embraced everywhere.
 This is a technology that is imposed by fiat, much like the nearly mandatory Windows 10 upgrade. I am still using 8.1 btw. I hacked my own computer's registry so it wouldn't try to auto-update. Likewise, whether EVs succeed or not, climate rules or no climate rules, depends on whether people are buying. I took marketing. There are three classes of buyers. People who want to have the latest junk, people who only buy once the bugs are ironed out (most people are here), and people like me who only buy a technology when it is on its way to being replaced and is now dirt cheap. We bought DVDs when Blu-Ray was a thing but surprise, Blu-Rays were really too soon, and the public wasn't ready to switch. If we ever do embrace electric vehicles, I pretty much have no strong reason to buy a car. I live in town, and most places I wanna be, I can get to on foot. But I suspect EVs will go the way of the Blu-Ray. The public isn't ready to embrace it, and there aren't nearly enough charging stations, and the cars take too damned long to charge, meaning refuel bottleneck. It's still there, but it hasn't reallt taken over like they thought it would.

Why Aren't More People Buying Electric Cars?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 05:57:06 AM by bulmabriefs144 »
Parabola (open in New Tab):

Brago for President!

« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2022, 06:46:30 AM »
Take everything you said and flip it.

"Who killed the electric car" is a short doc.

Why are all the libtards forced to use gas cars?

Seriusly

You think big auto and big oil have your best interests in mind?

Cars r&d are 5-7yr spans before launch.
You think big auto will let govt roll them on such an investment?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 06:50:27 AM by Themightykabool »

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2022, 09:21:59 AM »
Excactly

I'm upset with your "Well you better learn to accept it because it's coming." Why is it coming? Because blowhard Biden tried to force us to buy through tampering with gas supply?

That would be funny if it weren't so woefully ignorant. The EV revolution has been going on for a long time pre-Biden.

Most people I see on the road are using gas cars.

Yes, and up to about 1911 most people you could see on the road were using horse and buggys.

But a person should be allowed to drive whatever car they want, and not have climate police basically phase out their mode of transport in favor of one that isn't efficient after 100 years of tinkering.

You do realize that there are many automobiles you are not allowed to drive due to emissions standards that have been in place for decades, right?

If I told you "In the future, red cars will be banned, so you had better get used to this and sell me your red car," you should rightly tell me to fuck off and never ever try to buy your nice red car again. Yet somehow this behavior is acceptable for the smug environmental types convinced that an impractical technology will be widely embraced everywhere.

Wow, quite the strawman you got there. How does car color impact emissions?

I am still using 8.1 btw.

And you're also the last person who gets DVD's by mail from Netflix. Welcome to the 21st century.
I claim nobody has gone to Chile from Australia. So somebody is killing passangers.

« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2022, 04:03:00 PM »
I still buy CD and DVDs.  I like to think of it as sequestering carbon inside my home.  ;)

« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2022, 05:21:49 AM »

Nobody is forcing you to drive a gas car. You want to drive an electric car, go right ahead. Unlike the Climate Accords, which will demand that everything switch by 2050 to electric, by which time I hope to be dead.

I won't let you virtue signal though. I will tell you flatly that forests are getting bulldozed to clear space for cobalt and lithium mines which is releasing alot of heat and CO2 while slashing and burning, I will tell you that electric vehicles are only as good as their energy source and for alot of places that source is as dirty as coal or dangerous as uranium, I will tell you that each car has a very unenvironmental production and disposal and the time in between they use alot of energy from these same dirty/dangerous power plants, and that little children are forced to mine lithium and cobalt in inhumane conditions while you sit there and self-congratulate.

If you still wanna go out and get an electric car, you as a human are allowed to make any choice you want. Nobody is stopping you. But (1) I don't approve of climate people telling me that in 30 years or so, I'll have no choice but to buy a car that is expensive, against the market (i.e. nobody but the woke wants it), and completely juices out the grid. (2) And you don't get to virtue signal, because you aren't being virtuous.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 05:24:21 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

Brago for President!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2022, 05:56:29 AM »

Yeah right. Because it's so often that you see cars doing this when they have proper coolant and oil. All it takes for a electric car to burn is to get too much charge and the battery to overheat.

The only way that such technology is "inevitable" would be if we have a tyranny, and it is quite literally forced down our throats. And tyrannies have a nasty habit of falling. 

---------------------

Here are the sums:
Drax uses about 0.31 kilogram of coal per KWhr generated.*
A Tesla battery is rated at 70 KWhr and fast charging is only 50%
efficient. It will need 140 KWhr of electricity for a single charge; this works out
as about 43 kilogram
-----------------------

And how many Hz does a EV run on? It's gotta be more than a Kindle.

Your facts are older than the steam engine. I wonder if you where specifically looking for info from before 2017?

1 - It takes energy to move an object, this is an inherit physical law. Batteries and fuel are where that energy is stored. But gasoline cars run hotter with fuel in the hot system. This means they will catch a light more often. Its backed by the facts and all studies. There have been 6.6 million EV's sold in 2021, so there data was not from "just a few"

2 - No one will force you to buy an electric car, you will chose to do so all by yourself. EV's are getting a lot cheaper as other brands enter the market. EV's are already cheaper over a 3 year time frame in many markets due to charging being so much cheaper than filling up with fuel. There is currently a MASSIVE shortage of EV vehicles as companies can not produce them faster than people are buying them. EV's outperform gasoline cars in all areas except 1, range.

3 - The EV market is growing at about 60% a year. By about 2030's, pretty much every car sold will be electric. This also means there will be a mass investor exodus of ICE technologies in about 5 to 10 years. This means closing down of ICE infrastructure, including Oil refineries, drilling, factories making ICE, ext. This will push the price of gasoline sky high while reducing the availability of it.

4 - Fast charging can increase your car range of up to about 30 miles a minute in some models now. Range anxiety is for people who know only read articles posted before the discovery of the wheel.

5 - US electric grid has pretty much abandoned Coal power generation. This means to make your coal argument work, you will need to teleport to the past. Gas, nuclear and renewables are increasingly taking the lion share of electric generation, meaning EV's are getting cleaner every year.

6 - Lithium batteries are guaranteed to well over 10 years. I have a Lithium battery in my home with a 18 year guarantee. The batteries will outlast most cars normal wear and tear use.

7 - EV's are DC, they dont run on hertz.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2022, 06:16:28 AM »
I will tell you flatly that forests are getting bulldozed to clear space for cobalt and lithium mines which is releasing alot of heat and CO2 while slashing and burning, I will tell you that electric vehicles are only as good as their energy source and for alot of places that source is as dirty as coal or dangerous as uranium, I will tell you that each car has a very unenvironmental production and disposal and the time in between they use alot of energy from these same dirty/dangerous power plants, and that little children are forced to mine lithium and cobalt in inhumane conditions while you sit there and self-congratulate.
Your like an out of date encyclopaedia written by an orangutang.

Australia's Greenbushes mine is the worlds largest lithium mine, it currently produces more than 10% of global lithium supply by itself. From one end to end, measured at the furthest points on the mine, is about 4km across. https://goo.gl/maps/2mWV1v2Uah6r7etu9

Then you have Athabasca oil sands in Canada, this produdes about 1.6% of global oil supply and covers and area over 4000km2. https://goo.gl/maps/jgvaBjYLDno7jLCs7

Every single Lithium mine on earth is smaller than one Tar sands mine that produces 1.6% of the worlds oil.

Also, most new batteries for EV's dont use Cobalt. And if you want to make the moral argument that kids where at some point briefly used to mine cobalt, then you should include the 150 000 innocent people who got blown to bits in Iraq for oil too.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2022, 06:33:18 AM »

Yeah right. Because it's so often that you see cars doing this when they have proper coolant and oil. All it takes for a electric car to burn is to get too much charge and the battery to overheat.

The only way that such technology is "inevitable" would be if we have a tyranny, and it is quite literally forced down our throats. And tyrannies have a nasty habit of falling. 

---------------------

Here are the sums:
Drax uses about 0.31 kilogram of coal per KWhr generated.*
A Tesla battery is rated at 70 KWhr and fast charging is only 50%
efficient. It will need 140 KWhr of electricity for a single charge; this works out
as about 43 kilogram
-----------------------

And how many Hz does a EV run on? It's gotta be more than a Kindle.

Your facts are older than the steam engine. I wonder if you where specifically looking for info from before 2017?

1 - It takes energy to move an object, this is an inherit physical law. Batteries and fuel are where that energy is stored. But gasoline cars run hotter with fuel in the hot system. This means they will catch a light more often. Its backed by the facts and all studies. There have been 6.6 million EV's sold in 2021, so there data was not from "just a few"

2 - No one will force you to buy an electric car, you will chose to do so all by yourself. EV's are getting a lot cheaper as other brands enter the market. EV's are already cheaper over a 3 year time frame in many markets due to charging being so much cheaper than filling up with fuel. There is currently a MASSIVE shortage of EV vehicles as companies can not produce them faster than people are buying them. EV's outperform gasoline cars in all areas except 1, range.

3 - The EV market is growing at about 60% a year. By about 2030's, pretty much every car sold will be electric. This also means there will be a mass investor exodus of ICE technologies in about 5 to 10 years. This means closing down of ICE infrastructure, including Oil refineries, drilling, factories making ICE, ext. This will push the price of gasoline sky high while reducing the availability of it.

4 - Fast charging can increase your car range of up to about 30 miles a minute in some models now. Range anxiety is for people who know only read articles posted before the discovery of the wheel.

5 - US electric grid has pretty much abandoned Coal power generation. This means to make your coal argument work, you will need to teleport to the past. Gas, nuclear and renewables are increasingly taking the lion share of electric generation, meaning EV's are getting cleaner every year.

6 - Lithium batteries are guaranteed to well over 10 years. I have a Lithium battery in my home with a 18 year guarantee. The batteries will outlast most cars normal wear and tear use.

7 - EV's are DC, they dont run on hertz.

The US Electric grid has not pretty much abandoned coal.  The handful of states where it has, they have rolling brown outs because they don't produce sufficient electricity via other sources to meet the demand.

Lithium batteries are guaranteed.  That statement is laughable.  If they were guaranteed, EV owners who have had to replace their batteries after only 2-3 years shouldn't have to pay for the battery replacement which is in the 10s of thousands of dollars.
Rabinoz RIP

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2022, 06:44:13 AM »
The US Electric grid has not pretty much abandoned coal.  The handful of states where it has, they have rolling brown outs because they don't produce sufficient electricity via other sources to meet the demand.

Coal is going away faster than Trumps hopes to win another election.

Coal is expensive compared to every other source. Utility providers are dumping it due to cost. Renewables and Gas are replacing it as it goes away. Give it 5 to 10 years and Coal will be gone.
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=48896

Lithium batteries are guaranteed.  That statement is laughable.  If they were guaranteed, EV owners who have had to replace their batteries after only 2-3 years shouldn't have to pay for the battery replacement which is in the 10s of thousands of dollars.
My Batteries literally come with a 10 (not 18, I just checked again) year guarantee to 80% capacity.
https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty
Tesla car batteries are guaranteed to 8 years or 240 000km.

Where do you guys get your info from? Do you exclusively read the way back machine?

« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2022, 06:45:45 AM »
I will tell you flatly that forests are getting bulldozed to clear space for cobalt and lithium mines which is releasing alot of heat and CO2 while slashing and burning, I will tell you that electric vehicles are only as good as their energy source and for alot of places that source is as dirty as coal or dangerous as uranium, I will tell you that each car has a very unenvironmental production and disposal and the time in between they use alot of energy from these same dirty/dangerous power plants, and that little children are forced to mine lithium and cobalt in inhumane conditions while you sit there and self-congratulate.
Your like an out of date encyclopaedia written by an orangutang.

Australia's Greenbushes mine is the worlds largest lithium mine, it currently produces more than 10% of global lithium supply by itself. From one end to end, measured at the furthest points on the mine, is about 4km across. https://goo.gl/maps/2mWV1v2Uah6r7etu9

Then you have Athabasca oil sands in Canada, this produdes about 1.6% of global oil supply and covers and area over 4000km2. https://goo.gl/maps/jgvaBjYLDno7jLCs7

Every single Lithium mine on earth is smaller than one Tar sands mine that produces 1.6% of the worlds oil.

Also, most new batteries for EV's dont use Cobalt. And if you want to make the moral argument that kids where at some point briefly used to mine cobalt, then you should include the 150 000 innocent people who got blown to bits in Iraq for oil too.

Fair enough, let's look at the five types of batteries and you can tell me which ones they use that are now perfect and worthy of your virtue signalling.

https://www.greencars.com/greencars-101/different-types-of-ev-batteries
1. Lithium-Ion
2. Nickel-Metal Hydride
3. Lead-Acid
4. Ultracapacitors
5. Solid-State

So let's see...

1. Continued mining of lithium. I don't see how the exclusion of cobalt makes much of a difference.
https://www.lithiumbatterytech.com/the-impact-of-lithium-mining-on-the-environment/
Environmental Impact of Lithium Mining

Most papers point out that the raw brine produced during the mining of lithium mines in salt lakes can change the physicochemical properties of the soil, leading to soil salinization. Large-scale salt lake mining will also aggravate the erosion of soil, water and soil in the area, and even change the original topography and destroy the local landscape environment.

This is mainly manifested in the damage caused by the construction of roads during the infrastructure construction period, the construction of salt fields and various buildings during the mining period, which cannot be repaired in the short term, and most of the salt lake lithium mining areas mentioned above have harsh climates but good ecology. Therefore, the ecological restoration of the mining area will also be difficult.

Although the mining method of spodumene mine is hole mining, which has little impact on the surface ecological environment, the beneficiation requires a large amount of land, which seriously damages the local vegetation, and may even change the composition and fertility of the soil. Large-scale earthwork development is likely to cause disasters such as soil erosion and landslides.
2. So now you're mining for nickel.
https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2017/aug/24/nickel-mining-hidden-environmental-cost-electric-cars-batteries
Plumes of sulphur dioxide choking the skies, churned earth blanketed in cancerous dust, rivers running blood-red – environmental campaigners have painted a grim picture of the nickel mines and smelters feeding the electric vehicle industry.
3. Do I need to tell you that lead itself is toxic, that mining it probably kills people in fair amounts, and that whatever acid is in this probably is no good either? Apparently, yes, I do.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21573711/
Mining and smelting are important economic activities. However, mining-related industries are also some of the largest sources of environmental pollution from heavy metals. China is one of the largest producers and consumers of lead and zinc in the world. A large amount of lead, zinc, and related elements, such as cadmium, have been released into the environment due to mineral processing activities and have impacted water resources, soils, vegetables, and crops. In some areas, this pollution is hazardous to human health.
4. I had to look up what Ultracapacitors were.
https://vlab.amrita.edu/?sub=77&brch=270&sim=1390&cnt=1
Ultracapacitors are made up of two metal plates coated with loosely packed activated carbon which is immersed in electrolyte with positive and negative ions.
Wasn't everyone telling us that carbon is so bad, and we should be cutting down on the amount we use? Yet here we're using it for batteries. Also, the article mentions that these are not really batteries, but the back-up energy systems to help lighten the load of lithium batteries. So anything bad about lithium is still true of this.

5. Solid state batteries are supposedly made by using ceramics. These are the only ones that sound good. However...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_battery#Challenges
It was estimated in 2012 that, based on then-current technology, a 20 Ah solid-state battery cell would cost US$100,000, and a high-range electric car would require between 800 and 1,000 of such cells.
The cost is impractical (wikipedia goes on to say that the technology has alot of problems and failures, so paying $100k doesn't guarantee it will work), meaning that this is just a pipedream and you are stuck with the other options, all of which are not eco-friendly.

I never said we don't have a very high amount of evil involved in the oil trade. But any alternative starts with using materials we already have, not scouring the world for ones that force more people into unclean mining conditions. Or simply spraying chemicals into the soil and air.

You get to buy whatever car you want. But I get to slam you for virtue signalling about it. I am well aware of the amount of wars we've had with the Middle East, despite having a supply of oil in our own backyard. You seem to like to play pretend that your cars run on sunshine and daisies and unicorns. Sorry, but this is what lithium mining does to soil.

Here's an actual environmentalist scoffing at you.
https://peaceandplanetnews.org/everything-invented-isnt-progress/

We are told we need this mine because we are too reliant on foreign sources of lithium. The mining process will contaminate billions of gallons of ground water that will remain contaminated for hundreds of years. The mine will consume 3,224 gallons of water a minute and also create massive mounds of waste. Tribal lands will be harmed. The largest shareholder in the mining operation on leased federal land is a foreign company.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 06:57:21 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

Brago for President!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2022, 06:58:01 AM »

Fair enough, let's look at the five types of batteries and you can tell me which ones they use that are now perfect and worthy of your virtue signalling.

You can save yourself time by ignoring that article.

Batteries come in lots of formats and materials. They are not all made the same.

To get the right battery for a car you need to balance cost, charge + discharge rate, cycle life and energy density. Some batteries are good at one, but bad at another.
Lead acid batteries have bad energy densities, terrible charge depth and bad cycle life
Nickel-Metal Hydride are average at all factors, but low cycle life

And ultra capcitors and solid state batteries can barely leave the lab.
So right now we have lithium-Ion.

Does Lithium-Ion do environmental damage during the production and refining it, yes. But it does thousands of times LESS damage than the ICE industry per vehicle. Your environmental argument only makes sense if oil did not do mass environmental damage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_spills

Here is a list of Oil spills, each of these have done more environmental damage than any single Lithium-mine would do over its life time.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2022, 07:08:57 AM »

Here's an actual environmentalist scoffing at you.
https://peaceandplanetnews.org/everything-invented-isnt-progress/

Oh god you did it! This is the level of competence I expect from the anti EV people, and you delivered.

You just so nicely posted a picture of the Southern Cross Gold mine
https://www.minjargold.com.au/projects/barto-gold-mining/
See if you can find the resemblance

here it is on Google maps - https://goo.gl/maps/sGA9a4EBQVWctcHV8

Its about the same size as the lithium mine that produces 10% of the worlds Lithium. Its also facing bankruptcy due to bad yield. So this old mine that is leaching acid in the soil is doing comparable damage to the largest Lithium Mine on earth. Are you now going to strongly be against all Gold as well? Gonna start picketing outside of Gold mines?

Maybe the environmentalist was as clever as you, and could not tell the difference between their ass and elbow.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2022, 07:16:57 AM »

And I found the Mine in the second pic. Its the BHP Minera Escondida mine in Chilli. What does it mine? Copper!
https://www.bhp.com/what-we-do/global-locations/chile/escondida
and location - https://goo.gl/maps/LBtAqGR8ewbQ61qw8

I guess your against all electricity now too? Better rip those evil wires out of your house!

Do you specifically look for information that is wrong?

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2022, 07:47:38 AM »

Coal is going away faster than Trumps hopes to win another election.

Coal is expensive compared to every other source. Utility providers are dumping it due to cost. Renewables and Gas are replacing it as it goes away. Give it 5 to 10 years and Coal will be gone.
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=48896

My Batteries literally come with a 10 (not 18, I just checked again) year guarantee to 80% capacity.
https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty
Tesla car batteries are guaranteed to 8 years or 240 000km.

Where do you guys get your info from? Do you exclusively read the way back machine?

8 Years?  Life of the battery as advertised is 300-500k miles or roughly 21 to 25 years.

77k miles in batter requires a replacement...

https://www.techspot.com/news/96080-tesla-owner-refuses-pay-20000-new-battery-gets.html
Rabinoz RIP

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2022, 07:55:45 AM »
8 Years?  Life of the battery as advertised is 300-500k miles or roughly 21 to 25 years.

77k miles in batter requires a replacement...

https://www.techspot.com/news/96080-tesla-owner-refuses-pay-20000-new-battery-gets.html
Guarantee is something that the manufacturer will replace if there is a defect within its guarantee period.
Life of a product is how long it can approximately last.

Does Ford still have to fix defects in the original Model T?

The article is about a car purchased in 2013, which is 9 years ago. My wife has a 8 year old Mazda that needed the radiator replaced, guess what, Mazda did not replace it. Shocked? No?

Probably because you have higher expectations from Tesla than you have of other brands.

« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2022, 09:14:30 AM »
I have a plugin hybrid.  I have solar panels on my house.  Overall, my car gets 81 miles per gallon (34.44 km/l).  My brother has a total electric car with solar panels on his house.  If there will be a future, this is what the future will look like.   

« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2022, 09:22:57 AM »

Nobody is forcing you to drive a gas car. You want to drive an electric car, go right ahead. Unlike the Climate Accords, which will demand that everything switch by 2050 to electric, by which time I hope to be dead.

Do you not know what a monopoly is?
Seriously
"Who killed the electric car" documentsey? answer = big oil.
I have been forced to and so has everyone else for the past 30yrs to drive gas because electric was unattainable.

My goodness
Try and comprehend somethig.
Anything.
Are you even a real person?

There you go
Like i said its years away for total gasV phase out.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:24:48 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2022, 06:52:13 PM »

Seriously
I have been forced to and so has everyone else for the past 30yrs to drive gas because electric was unattainable.

My goodness
Anything.

There you go

Electric has never been unattainable. That's bullcrap. At every gas station, you can find a plug somewhere on premises and try to plug into their power. There have always been small function electric cars (golf carts). Now, if they deliberately tried to phase gas out, it would be a state monopoly. It would also be an unpleasant situation for regular people as they are herded and forced into a corner by goofballs who insist that there will be some kind of crisis if we burned the same fuels we have worked with for centuries.

Here's what I understand.

As you let other people (namely the government) decide what you shall eat and what you shall wear, you drift toward the top left corner of this cycle. You spend the next 40 or 50 years climbing your way out of that.  If you want to do that in some other country whatever. When you start doing this in my country, my state, in my town, you've basically done the social equivalent of trying to rape me. I don't take kindly to that. I show you my state's logo.

Thus Always to Tyrants. We spear them to death, knock off their crowns, and stomp on their bodies.

There is no king but King Jesus. It is only when we lose our faith that we become enslaved to secular materialism and say things like "It's not my fault that we now have power plants spewing stuff everywhere." Or "It's not my problem that small towns have big holes outside filled with lifeless soil being people needed their lithium batteries." Yes, I am telling you that it is your problem what you do to the world while you tell yourself you have saved it.

You are the ones that are not real people. You have no conscience, no morality, and no drive for sentiment. You don't long for things of your childhood, you want things to rush forward even if "progress" takes you right here.

Driving straight off a cliff is not progress.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 07:04:39 PM by bulmabriefs144 »

Brago for President!

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2022, 09:13:32 PM »
I claim nobody has gone to Chile from Australia. So somebody is killing passangers.

« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2022, 02:11:39 AM »
There is no king but King Jesus.

Yeah, Jesus would be cool with riding around on a golf cart.  Jesus is chill with alot of things. Though he doesn't actually look like that. That's a painter's depiction that stuck.

So ask yourself, how cool would he be with not using existing resources to make existing golf carts, but to make expensive engines that ravage towns by destructive mining? Such things create hunger and thirst.

And what he wouldn't be cool with is crucifying people for not going along with things. As I understand it, the whole big state thing (along with big religion) was what got him killed.

And make no mistake, telling other people what they have to drive in thirty years is very much big state. If I wanna drive the same car I've had since my parents have been alive, that is my business. It is not your business, nor Uncle Joe's. Uncle Sam used to leave people alone about their choice in transport, but Uncle Joe is a busybody who wants people in lockstep.

Go and learn why crucifixion was such a powerful symbol.
https://www.ranker.com/list/history-of-japanese-crucifixion/melissa-sartore
https://www.thedailybeast.com/islamic-extremists-now-crucifying-people-in-syriaand-tweeting-out-the-pictures
It is a means of exerting authority over others by claiming humans (instead of only God, and by that I don't mean priests of a Christian state, bur literally no humans) have the right to toeture other humans for not doing or believing as they do.

The people protesting fascism ought to bother learning what it is. It is not "nationalism". Nationalism is patriotism, not being a traitor to one's actual country. Fascism is when you subvert the spirit of your country to have an authoritarian system. The front men of fascism are often thugs in black garments.

(And no don't quote some online dictionary's redefining of the term)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:33:54 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

Brago for President!

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2022, 03:26:00 AM »

So ask yourself, how cool would he be with not using existing resources to make existing golf carts, but to make expensive engines that ravage towns by destructive mining? Such things create hunger and thirst.

You mean like the copper mine you posted a picture of?

And what he wouldn't be cool with is crucifying people for not going along with things. As I understand it, the whole big state thing (along with big religion) was what got him killed.

If memory serves, he died for our sins. He had to die by any means, that was god's plan all along. You see god already killed everyone, the greatest genocide ever, save for a 900 year old ship builder and his family and a pair of mosquitos, etc. So he had to send down a more earthly individual only to have him killed too.

And make no mistake, telling other people what they have to drive in thirty years is very much big state. If I wanna drive the same car I've had since my parents have been alive, that is my business. It is not your business, nor Uncle Joe's. Uncle Sam used to leave people alone about their choice in transport, but Uncle Joe is a busybody who wants people in lockstep.

You realize that there are many cars you haven't been allowed to drive for decades, right? You realize that the government has forever mandated safety features in cars and emission standards, right? You realize that the government mandates that you have a valid driver's license and that your car passes inspections otherwise you can't register it, which is mandatory as well, without which you can't even drive a golf cart, right? As well as the acceptable level of bad stuff in your food and water, right? Oh the tyranny of it all! 

What are you, one of those sovereign citizen idiots?

Nationalism is patriotism...

Nationalism is an excessive, aggressive form of patriotism. Fascism is usually a combination of the two.

An individual can be patriotic without believing that they're better than other people just because of what country they were born in. Those with nationalist beliefs believe that their country of origin makes them superior to people from other countries.

Do you think you are better than others in other nations just because you happened to be born within US borders? I bet you do.

« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2022, 04:08:30 AM »

Seriously

My goodness
Anything.

There you go

Electric has never been unattainable. That's bullcrap. At every gas station, you can find a plug somewhere on premises and try to plug into their power. There have always been small function electric cars (golf carts). Now, if they deliberately tried to phase gas out, it would be a state monopoly. It would also be an unpleasant situation for regular people as they are herded and forced into a corner by goofballs who insist that there will be some kind of crisis if we burned the same fuels we have worked with for centuries.

Here's what I understand.

As you let other people (namely the government) decide what you shall eat and what you shall wear, you drift toward the top left corner of this cycle. You spend the next 40 or 50 years climbing your way out of that.  If you want to do that in some other country whatever. When you start doing this in my country, my state, in my town, you've basically done the social equivalent of trying to rape me. I don't take kindly to that. I show you my state's logo.

Thus Always to Tyrants. We spear them to death, knock off their crowns, and stomp on their bodies.

There is no king but King Jesus. It is only when we lose our faith that we become enslaved to secular materialism and say things like "It's not my fault that we now have power plants spewing stuff everywhere." Or "It's not my problem that small towns have big holes outside filled with lifeless soil being people needed their lithium batteries." Yes, I am telling you that it is your problem what you do to the world while you tell yourself you have saved it.

You are the ones that are not real people. You have no conscience, no morality, and no drive for sentiment. You don't long for things of your childhood, you want things to rush forward even if "progress" takes you right here.

Driving straight off a cliff is not progress.

Holyshit

So what happened to the EVs in the 90s?
Why were the confiscated?

« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2022, 06:19:30 AM »

Lithium mine. A copper mine looks like...

Note the gold-colored strips. Lithium leaves greyish strips behind.

If memory serves, he died for our sins. He had to die by any means, that was god's plan all along. You see god already killed everyone, the greatest genocide ever, save for a 900 year old ship builder and his family and a pair of mosquitos, etc. So he had to send down a more earthly individual only to have him killed too.

This is misunderstanding. He died because the Jewish leaders were threatened that someone was the Messiah and didn't ask for their permission. Read up on the significance of the gate he entered on Palm Sunday. About five days later, the temple leaders managed to convince the Romans that he was a tax deviant and convince the crowds that a real Messiah should be a violent ruler that would get rid of Romans.

His followers understood that Jesus died for the sins of all people, and decided not to act against Rome. The Jews led an agry revolt against Rome and lost their Temple. They then created a myth that has been adapted into Revelation that the Messiah would come (they added the word "again" to make it fir Christian text) to take care of all the sinners and state leaders.

But if Jesus really died for all sins, we mean all sins. This has been lost by embracing the Revelation heresy. Did Jesus die so that people you think are sinful will be punished, and everyone must think and act the same?

No, a careful  reading of the gospel reveals he died BECAUSE of that, and he died so that the world would no longer be governed by lockstep. He died for all our sins. And our biggest sin is statism. Wanting kings to govern us, instead of God (which he won't, meaning anarchy).

You realize that there are many cars you haven't been allowed to drive for decades, right? You realize that the government has forever mandated safety features in cars and emission standards, right? You realize that the government mandates that you have a valid driver's license and that your car passes inspections otherwise you can't register it, which is mandatory as well, without which you can't even drive a golf cart, right? As well as the acceptable level of bad stuff in your food and water, right? Oh the tyranny of it all! 

So did you that cycle I posted earlier? You know, this one.

It talks in depth about these "safety" measures.
https://thesecularheretic.com/stay-safe-the-rise-of-safetyism/
Each of these safety measures, we trade away a bit of freedom.

Yes. I am a sovereign citizen idiot. Erm, I am a sovereign citizen.

Brago for President!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2022, 07:12:23 AM »
Note the gold-colored strips. Lithium leaves greyish strips behind

You know less than nothing of what you are talking about.

You have not yet posted a single picture of a lithium mine. What you have posted is facebook spam of gold or copper mines with memeable bad information on them, while telling anyone that has less than 4 brain cells exactly what they want to hear.

Do you want to go down the route of showing me what a lithium mine looks like yet? Then laying it over another picture of the tar sands in Canada and pretend that batteries are the "real problem"

The same people who keep telling everyone to "wake up sheeple" always seem to be the last to actually look into the things they are saying.

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2022, 10:40:53 AM »

Lithium mine. A copper mine looks like...

Note the gold-colored strips. Lithium leaves greyish strips behind.

No, a careful  reading of the gospel reveals he died BECAUSE...

Which gospel did you "carefully" read?

So did you that cycle I posted earlier? You know, this one.

So you don't realize these things. Got it.

Yes. I am a sovereign citizen idiot. Erm, I am a sovereign citizen.

Do you have a valid driver's license?
Do you pay taxes?

And for the love of Jesus, use the quote feature, stop with the blue garbage (and not just the content). You make a mess of everything. If you can't quote properly you obviously are incapable of making an argument properly.

« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2022, 01:32:40 PM »
why did the EV in the 90s get confiscated?