Poll

Tba

Well... he's not Donald Trump.
3 (50%)
He is the one prophesized to free us from the tyranny of wokism.
3 (50%)
Because he gave me $6,000 and a job being a cop after I beat people as a cop in NY.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Why do you support Ron DeSantis?

• 552 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Why do you support Ron DeSantis?
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2022, 08:28:27 PM »
Chartering a private jet is expensive.

Yeah but they are the most carbon friendly and cost effective solution for transporting climate activists to climate events.

Stop driving your car 30km to work at 7am. Have you heard of public transport?
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Lorddave

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2022, 08:51:11 PM »
Chartering a private jet is expensive.

Yeah but they are the most carbon friendly and cost effective solution for transporting climate activists to climate events.

Stop driving your car 30km to work at 7am. Have you heard of public transport?
Or better yet: work from home, if ya can.  Like me. :D
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2022, 10:28:24 PM »
You can't do a real job from home.
I'm anti-judaism.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2022, 07:24:21 AM »
You can't do a real job from home.
Care to define what a real job is?
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2022, 05:25:08 PM »
Something that makes a real contribution to society. Like a fireman, ambulance officer, carpenter or builder.
I'm anti-judaism.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2022, 06:52:32 PM »
Something that makes a real contribution to society. Like a fireman, ambulance officer, carpenter or builder.

I would say a fireman, EMT, doctors, they are saving lives, a massive life and death contribution to society.
A carpenter or builder is not.

Nothing against carpenters and builders, I actually was one once. Just that comparing the levels of contribution to society, if that's the definition, with that of the former, is incomparable.

Apples and oranges

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2022, 07:29:36 PM »
So carpenters yes.

Suicide crisis hotline worker no.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2022, 07:56:18 PM »
We are all cogs in the machine. Each one has value. From your garbage collector, to the president

I'd actually wager that more people would notice if their garbage collector went missing over a politician

All those doctors and firemen etc, couldn't function without the farmer or the guy stacking grocery items on shelves etc.

Whatever it is you do, it has value. Even if it's just to plug the economy with your wages buying things.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2022, 08:05:15 PM »

I would say a fireman, EMT, doctors, they are saving lives, a massive life and death contribution to society.

Do you like living indoors?

Do you like electricity? Running hot water, gas heating? Underground sewage?

Yeah, me too.

I'd actually wager that more people would notice if their garbage collector went missing over a politician

There is nothing to wager it is self evidently correct. A garbage man is certainly a real job.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 08:07:00 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

Lorddave

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2022, 09:15:05 PM »

Yeah, me too.

There is nothing to wager it is self evidently correct. A garbage man is certainly a real job.

And how many of these people would work if someone from accounting didn't click a button to pay them?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2022, 09:34:25 PM »
What is it with D1,  he keeps derailing all the threads with shitposting crap.

Stop it.  This thread is about DeSantis,  not your distorted view of who has value in society.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2022, 09:34:58 PM »

Yeah, me too.

Yeah, me too. But humans can actually live without such things and do. Not die.

And about that DeSantis fellow. He's probably going to be our next president.  >:(

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2022, 10:05:50 PM »
Trump would get more votes than DeSantis but conversely get more votes against him which runs the risk of losing overall

Biden vs Trump - Biden might still clinch it. Even dems that don't care to normally vote will be energised - by Trump - to vote against Trump

Biden vs DeSantis - many dems won't bother voting for a man with one foot in the grave. DeSantis isn't seen as an wannabe dictator who presents an existential threat to democracy. A lot more dems 'indifferent' and won't be energised to vote against him

As for foreigners - I'd say many American allies will take a sigh of relief if it's DeSantis running. Much more statesman like. Maybe they disagree on politics but they won't expect to see him glorify dictators like Xi, Un, Putin etc

It would be good if America stopped with voting for personalities and voted on politics. Stop with the cultist crap and believing each side represents a threat to their existence.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2022, 10:12:09 PM »

Yeah, me too.

And how many of these people would work if someone from accounting didn't click a button to pay them?

I can code an algorithm you can run on your phone to click that button.

It isn't complex.

Yeah, me too.

Yeah, me too. But humans can actually live without such things and do. Not die.

We haven't for a long time. I think underground sewage systems have saved more lives than firemen.
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2022, 11:55:28 PM »
I hate to say it but when the republican primaries roll around I'm pretty sure I'm going to vote DeSantis.

Number of times Trump has tried to destroy democracy 1.

Number of time DeSantis has tried so far. 0

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2022, 11:59:36 PM »

Lol.

I'd also support Desantis over Trump, because Desantis would win an honest election.

Trump never tried to destroy democracy, you just didn't like him.

Have you read the Prince?

He's done a fine job in Florida.

I wish Tucker would just accept what providence has chosen for him.
I'm anti-judaism.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2022, 01:22:26 AM »
I hate to say it but when the republican primaries roll around I'm pretty sure I'm going to vote DeSantis.

Jesus christ Crouts, an ex-Trump flunky, a gerrymandering racist, book burner who hates Mickey Mouse?

D1 country sure, but what happened to you?
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2022, 02:29:48 AM »

The Prince did?
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2022, 03:27:22 AM »
DeSantis is turning into a nutcase?

God may have made the world in six days and rested on the seventh, but according to the gospel of the Ron DeSantis re-election campaign, the Almighty needed one more day to complete His creation. On the eighth day, the campaign tells us, God sent Ron DeSantis to save America.

In a new video ad the Florida Republican’s wife, Casey, shared on Friday, the narrator tells us that on day eight, “God looked down on His planned paradise and said, ‘I need a protector.’ So God made a fighter.” That fighter is DeSantis, the governor who will serve the people, and “save their jobs, their livelihoods, their liberty, their happiness.”

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/ron-desantis-new-ad-ridiculous-dangerous-rcna55773

So,  DeSantis has seen the value of creating an evangelical cult ( no doubt inspired by Trump's success in that regard ).   

Stay tuned for the battle between Trump Cultists ( MAGA's ) and DeSantis Cultists  ( FLORIDA MEN ) or is that ( SATANISTS )

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2022, 03:32:31 AM »
DeSantis is turning into a nutcase?

God may have made the world in six days and rested on the seventh, but according to the gospel of the Ron DeSantis re-election campaign, the Almighty needed one more day to complete His creation. On the eighth day, the campaign tells us, God sent Ron DeSantis to save America.

In a new video ad the Florida Republican’s wife, Casey, shared on Friday, the narrator tells us that on day eight, “God looked down on His planned paradise and said, ‘I need a protector.’ So God made a fighter.” That fighter is DeSantis, the governor who will serve the people, and “save their jobs, their livelihoods, their liberty, their happiness.”

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/ron-desantis-new-ad-ridiculous-dangerous-rcna55773

So,  DeSantis has seen the value of creating an evangelical cult ( no doubt inspired by Trump's success in that regard ).   

Stay tuned for the battle between Trump Cultists ( MAGA's ) and DeSantis Cultists  ( FLORIDA MEN ) or is that ( SATANISTS )

I'm sure some bible thumping morons will buy it.

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2022, 03:58:55 AM »

The Prince did?

Ron Desantis.

Good catch I realised after posting it I should have been more clear. He's done such a good job in Florida he is the clear Republican pick.
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2022, 08:25:36 AM »

Jesus christ Crouts, an ex-Trump flunky, a gerrymandering racist, book burner who hates Mickey Mouse?

D1 country sure, but what happened to you?

Not the general election. Just the primary.

Not sure if primaries are a thing in England. They're like the semifinals in a game.

Actually wait, I don't know enough about sports to say if that's an accurate example or not.

So each political party votes for who they're going to send to the real election. This is called the primaries. I live in a deep red state so my vote in the general election is usually meaningless. But since I'm registered as a republican I can vote in the republican primaries. Perversely my vote is more meaningful here since I can choose the least insane candidate.  And in 2024 if it's a choice between DeSantis or trump in the primary then DeSantis is the least insane based solely on trump trying to end democracy and nothing else.

I assure you I am still voting Democrat in the general election.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2022, 08:35:39 AM »

And the Dentist is liable to be the best option?

I know we're fucked here, but if you ever need help finding somewhere to live Crouts, drop me a line.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2022, 08:47:01 AM »

I know we're fucked here, but if you ever need help finding somewhere to live Crouts, drop me a line.

I'm assuming you meant to type DeSantis.  In the primary, yes. In the general, no. 

To reiterate. The primary election picks the parties candidate to run in the general election. The general election is when the public votes for who gets the job.

Lorddave

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2022, 09:12:16 AM »

I'm assuming you meant to type DeSantis.  In the primary, yes. In the general, no. 

To reiterate. The primary election picks the parties candidate to run in the general election. The general election is when the public votes for who gets the job.

And Primaries have, typically, very low turnout.  So only the REAL voters show up.  Which are more often the extremists.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2022, 10:45:23 AM »
I think everyone should vote in the primaries to make sure the least insane candidates make it to the general election, but yeah the weirdo extremists are the ones who turn up, so the parties end up pandering to them.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2022, 10:58:51 AM »
Indeed. This is a nasty side effect of gerrymandering. When the general election is certain then the real election becomes the primary which leads to much more of a crazy fest than it would normally.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2022, 12:16:08 PM »

Autospell thingy, but it seemed to fit.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2022, 05:05:49 PM »

Would you vote for Biden over DeSantis?
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2022, 06:05:31 PM »

Would you vote for Biden over DeSantis?

Yes.

As it stands I can't support any republican candidate. Their party has shifted to election denialism. That is an absolute disqualifier for me.

No matter how bad the democrats are they're not actively trying to end democracy.