Roe V. Wade

• 525 Replies

JJA

• Math is math!
Re: Roe V. Wade
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2022, 07:46:00 AM »
I'm waiting for Texas to start arresting women who had abortions in other states and when it's challenged and goes to the supreme court, well, fuck.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2022, 08:11:30 AM »
Don't see the issue.  It goes back to being where it belongs, at the States.

Yes and what happens if someone from Oklahoma goes to New York for an abortion?
Nothing stopping Oklahoma from arresting them for murder.

Same for miscarriages.  Thats a murder charge.
Out of curiosity, is this how it works for all your laws? What if the person is from New York but visiting Oklahoma?

Uh, yeah... Those things can get a bit murky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dred_Scott_v._Sandford

I suppose the Supreme Court could just decided to strip anyone getting an abortion of their citizenship and ship them to Guantanamo.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2022, 08:17:46 AM »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2022, 08:45:12 AM »
I'm waiting for Texas to start arresting women who had abortions in other states and when it's challenged and goes to the supreme court, well, fuck.
Texas will probably cram a tactical nuke up every 13 year old girl
set to detonate upon penile intrusion.   

Because they're all fucking racists and shit. 

Lorddave

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2022, 08:51:52 AM »
Texas will probably cram a tactical nuke up every 13 year old girl
set to detonate upon penile intrusion.   

Because they're all fucking racists and shit.

If by nuke you mean a penis, then maybe.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2022, 09:09:44 AM »
Committing a crime and then crossing state lines is different. Extradition laws already exist between the states.

We just don't know yet if states will attempt to prosecute women who travel to other states for abortions. I think they will find it difficult to even prove a woman had an abortion in another state because hopefully the states where it remains legal will refuse to give out that information. It is personal medical data.

Yes, but that's not what was said.

You live in State A.
State A doesn't allow abortions.
State B allows abortions
You travel to State B and get an abortion
State A doesn't have jurisdiction in State B
State A can't do anything about what you did in State B.

That's entirely different from
You live in State A.
You get an abortion in State A.
You leave State A to State B.
State A charges you with a crime committed in State A and extradites you back to State A.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2022, 09:17:51 AM »
I have no idea why you are explaining something to me that we agree about. lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2022, 09:26:46 AM »
Idk, maybe the way it was written. Lack of good discussions I guess.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2022, 10:00:05 AM »
Why are people talking up this "getting arrested for having an abortion in different state" as if it's a thing?  Seems like more  scare mongering.   

My quick read around shows more concern about how the legal states will handle all the increased demand from all the women crossing state borders for their abortion.

Edit:  OK, found this.  Looks like legally dodgy ground, but some states are looking into restricting travel for abortion. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/03/us-abortions-travel-wave-of-restrictions

Lawmakers in Missouri weighed legislation early this year that would allow individuals to sue anyone helping a patient cross state lines for an abortion. The law was ultimately blocked in the state’s legislature, but experts expect such legislation to gain more support if Roe is weakened or overturned.

“I think states are not going to rest with just saying ‘there won’t be abortions in our state.’ I think they’re going to want to ban abortion for their citizens as much as they can, which would mean stopping them from traveling,” said David Cohen, professor at Drexel University’s Kline School of Law and lead author of a forthcoming article on cross-state legal issues that could arise in the abortion context.

“We’re going to see state-against-state battles that are really going to divide this country even deeper on this issue,” he said.

If the supreme court overturns abortion protections, such travel bans might also be permitted to stand, Cohen said.

“The supreme court does not have well-developed case law regarding extraterritorial application of state law,” he added in an email. A court that has gone so far as to overturn Roe, he said, “would likely take that unclear precedent in the direction that is most anti-abortion.”

But banning travel would go against “basic American principles”, he said. “You have freedom of travel in this country, and as long as you’re following the law in the state where you are, you are legally OK” under current law. For instance, adults can gamble in states where it’s legal, even if they’re from states where it’s not allowed.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2022, 10:01:27 AM »
Well we'll see if this is enough to make the Dems fucking finally show up in the midterms.
This only reason for the leak.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2022, 10:09:48 AM »

because you are a woman.
and he is a man.

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2022, 10:12:25 AM »
Why are people talking up this "getting arrested for having an abortion in different state" as if it's a thing?  Seems like more  scare mongering.   

My quick read around shows more concern about how the legal states will handle all the increased demand from all the women crossing state borders for their abortion.

Edit:  OK, found this.  Looks like legally dodgy ground, but some states are looking into restricting travel for abortion. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/03/us-abortions-travel-wave-of-restrictions

Lawmakers in Missouri weighed legislation early this year that would allow individuals to sue anyone helping a patient cross state lines for an abortion. The law was ultimately blocked in the state’s legislature, but experts expect such legislation to gain more support if Roe is weakened or overturned.

“I think states are not going to rest with just saying ‘there won’t be abortions in our state.’ I think they’re going to want to ban abortion for their citizens as much as they can, which would mean stopping them from traveling,” said David Cohen, professor at Drexel University’s Kline School of Law and lead author of a forthcoming article on cross-state legal issues that could arise in the abortion context.

“We’re going to see state-against-state battles that are really going to divide this country even deeper on this issue,” he said.

If the supreme court overturns abortion protections, such travel bans might also be permitted to stand, Cohen said.

“The supreme court does not have well-developed case law regarding extraterritorial application of state law,” he added in an email. A court that has gone so far as to overturn Roe, he said, “would likely take that unclear precedent in the direction that is most anti-abortion.”

But banning travel would go against “basic American principles”, he said. “You have freedom of travel in this country, and as long as you’re following the law in the state where you are, you are legally OK” under current law. For instance, adults can gamble in states where it’s legal, even if they’re from states where it’s not allowed.

if you can legally purchase a gun in one state, transport it to another, and sell it to criminals, and not get arrested, then i'm suuuuure it should be fine for abortion.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

also
heller vs DC
no more self defense as it's not "specifically" written in the 2ndA.

also also
time to reverse by definition of "viable human", that a business entity isn't a human and doesn't get rights under the charter.

Lorddave

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2022, 10:13:48 AM »
Its weird seeing Abortions being treated like guns.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2022, 10:25:52 AM »
Abortions will just have to be performed with guns.  It's the only way to reach a compromise.

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2022, 10:28:15 AM »

if you can legally purchase a gun in one state, transport it to another, and sell it to criminals, and not get arrested
You can totally get arrested for that, what are you talking about?

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2022, 10:45:19 AM »

if you can legally purchase a gun in one state, transport it to another, and sell it to criminals, and not get arrested
You can totally get arrested for that, what are you talking about?

you should, but they don't

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2022, 10:47:16 AM »
Its weird seeing Abortions being treated like guns.

just weaponizing their hypocrisy.

https://www.vox.com/2021/12/12/22830625/newsom-california-guns-texas-abortion-law-supreme-court

How California plans to copy Texas abortion tactics for gun control
Gov. Gavin Newsom wants to let Californians sue some firearm manufacturers and sellers.

“If that’s the precedent then we’ll let Californians sue those who put ghost guns and assault weapons on our streets,” Newsom said in a tweet Saturday. “If TX can ban abortion and endanger lives, CA can ban deadly weapons of war and save lives.”

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2022, 05:19:13 AM »

The kids got a point....

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2022, 01:58:02 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/05/louisiana-republicans-advance-bill-that-would-charge-abortion-homicide/

Now that RvW is going to be overturned and abortions become illegal the question is what do they mean by illegal?

In Louisiana they'll equate it to homicide.

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2022, 02:24:45 PM »
That is in line with the claim the embryo has full personage rights

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2022, 06:55:43 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/05/louisiana-republicans-advance-bill-that-would-charge-abortion-homicide/

Now that RvW is going to be overturned and abortions become illegal the question is what do they mean by illegal?

In Louisiana they'll equate it to homicide.

It seems like a competition on the right to see who can come up with the most restrictive legislation,  the Louisiana law that's being proposed specifically precludes abortion for ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages, the morning after pill and such.  I guess the race is on to see who can be the first to ban condoms and birth control pills. 

I propose a law that equates masturbation with murder!!   You are herby charged with murdering a hundred million potential humans....
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2022, 10:00:58 PM »
Interesting point.  Not sure it's entirely valid, but it does illustrate how difficult it is to define when life begins in a legal sense.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2022, 10:30:04 PM »
My opinion on the matter is one that tends to piss off everyone.

I see the point of the pro choice people.

I also see the point of the pro life people.

So to me this all or nothing thing is unreasonable.  We need first trimester anything goes.  Last semester, not allowed.  But I have no idea what that means penalty wise.  Maybe kick the second semester to the states.

Finally this must be bolstered by a healthy social program where we have sex education in school, we give contraceptives to anyone who asks, no questions and we give generous subsidies to parents and those who would adopt children.

A reasonable compromise in my opinion.  But nope.  No one can give any ground in this fight.

Lorddave

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2022, 10:53:20 PM »

So to me this all or nothing thing is unreasonable.  We need first trimester anything goes.  Last semester, not allowed.  But I have no idea what that means penalty wise.  Maybe kick the second semester to the states.

Finally this must be bolstered by a healthy social program where we have sex education in school, we give contraceptives to anyone who asks, no questions and we give generous subsidies to parents and those who would adopt children.

A reasonable compromise in my opinion.  But nope.  No one can give any ground in this fight.

Because everyone is emotionally compromised.

I wonder if we'll see some super restrictive laws like...

"A woman is not allowed to insert a penis into herself unless she is trying to get pregnant from her husband.
A man is allowed to insert his penis into a woman without restriction."

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2022, 01:33:56 AM »

Pretty much my position, though I'd draw the line somewhere higher.  Interestingly, though the law is 23 weeks (though most places won't do it after 19 weeks unless there is a medical reason) in the UK, I've found out that 82% of abortions are under 10 weeks anyway (which is mainly women taking an abortion pill at home).

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2022, 02:24:28 AM »

I’d agree with that too, and most of the people I have ever discussed it with are of a similar bent, but we tend to be less rabid over things here (give us time), I don’t think we get Christian soldiers killing doctors in the name of life here, perhaps you should emigrate Crouts.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2022, 04:12:15 AM »
Downs baby and still birth i think is part of the 23wk

Tldr
Lady got the ultrasound and after manymany followup checkups and wnd opinions a potential heart defect fully revealed itself.
Baby woild be born then die wihtout a transplatn.
That sucks.
Side note.
Althoigh eeeextremely difficult.
I wonder if any doctors offered her to grow the baby then donate organs to another baby.
Or maybe thats too cruel and logisifcily very difficult

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/a19941197/late-term-abortion/

900,000 usa abortions.
1.3% go to this 20wk

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/R45161.html
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 04:36:15 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2022, 04:13:11 AM »
I wanna see a resurfacing of that pos who said women can will their bodies to not get pregnant during rape.

By John Eligon and Michael Schwirtz
Aug. 19, 2012
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — In an effort to explain his stance on abortion, Representative Todd Akin, the Republican Senate nominee from Missouri, provoked ire across the political spectrum on Sunday by saying that in instances of what he called “legitimate rape,” women’s bodies somehow blocked an unwanted pregnancy.

Daaaaaah

Born: July 5, 1947, New York, New York, United States
Died: October 3, 2021

But it wasnt the covid that got him.
Or was it?

In April 2001, Akin had surgery to treat prostate cancer which was detected at an "early stage".[82] He died from cancer at his home on October 3, 2021, at age 74.[83]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 04:20:28 AM by Themightykabool »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2022, 06:46:23 AM »

Pretty much my position, though I'd draw the line somewhere higher.  Interestingly, though the law is 23 weeks (though most places won't do it after 19 weeks unless there is a medical reason) in the UK, I've found out that 82% of abortions are under 10 weeks anyway (which is mainly women taking an abortion pill at home).

I think this is reasonable. There has to be a compromise. A reasonable cutoff for elective abortions, but any time for medical reasons. There's been a lot of propaganda over the years about "late term abortions" but those were done for medical reasons. When the mother's life is in danger, or when it is determined the fetus won't survive are usually when late term procedures are done.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2022, 07:26:55 AM »

All well and good, but being reasonable is not part of the playbook of either side.  I'll let you figure out why.