Are there images available a the ice-wall?

• 82 Replies
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2006, 10:17:43 PM »
thanks doctor bill, i love your photos. lol

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2006, 10:59:27 PM »
Navak37 has shown you a picture that he says is the ice wall and you don’t believe him.  Bill shows you a picture and you don’t believe him. I would also be fair and say that Dr. Bill's picture is a fake.  The fact of the matter is that no matter what we as flat earther’s say you guys whom believe in the round earth will say that we don’t have any evidence, what I am going to say is that the evidence for a flat earth is all around us, round earther’s are stuck in the biggest cover up in history and don’t know it.  When a lie is taught in school, and when a lie is stated as fact by EVERY academic institution and government it does not become a lie anymore it becomes a believed fact.  When you look into the distance you see flat.  In order to prove that a round earth exists we need to rely on technology to do it whether it be in an airplane. Or space flight, or satellites in orbit.  We also have to understand “physics” and “mathematics.” Both of these fields require one to attend a academic institution and learn from the liars that teach in them.  Step outside the box and look at the world the way it really is FLAT

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2006, 11:39:42 PM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
Navak37 has shown you a picture that he says is the ice wall and you don’t believe him.  Bill shows you a picture and you don’t believe him. I would also be fair and say that Dr. Bill's picture is a fake.  The fact of the matter is that no matter what we as flat earther’s say you guys whom believe in the round earth will say that we don’t have any evidence, what I am going to say is that the evidence for a flat earth is all around us, round earther’s are stuck in the biggest cover up in history and don’t know it.  When a lie is taught in school, and when a lie is stated as fact by EVERY academic institution and government it does not become a lie anymore it becomes a believed fact.  When you look into the distance you see flat.  In order to prove that a round earth exists we need to rely on technology to do it whether it be in an airplane. Or space flight, or satellites in orbit.  We also have to understand “physics” and “mathematics.” Both of these fields require one to attend a academic institution and learn from the liars that teach in them.  Step outside the box and look at the world the way it really is FLAT

bullhorn do you mind if i ask you some personall questions? how old are you, and what religion or cult affiliation do you align with? i think the only way you will ever belive the earth is round is if we strap you in a rocket and launch u into sub-orbit and let you see for yourself that the earth is round.

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2006, 04:38:08 AM »
Navak37 has shown you a picture that he says is the ice wall and you don’t believe him.  Bill shows you a picture and you don’t believe him. I would also be fair and say that Dr. Bill's picture is a fake.  The fact of the matter is that no matter what we as flat earther’s say you guys whom believe in the round earth will say that we don’t have any evidence, what I am going to say is that the evidence for a flat earth is all around us, round earther’s are stuck in the biggest cover up in history and don’t know it.

I think the point, which has been made fairly clearly now, is that photographic evidence isn't convincing anyone on either side. What you're looking for is an argument which seems reasonable without recourse to photographic methods. If you start providing us with these (which you were before but seem to have stopped) then you might find you get a better reception.
When a lie is taught in school, and when a lie is stated as fact by EVERY academic institution and government it does not become a lie anymore it becomes a believed fact.  When you look into the distance you see flat.  In order to prove that a round earth exists we need to rely on technology to do it whether it be in an airplane. Or space flight, or satellites in orbit.  We also have to understand “physics” and “mathematics.” Both of these fields require one to attend a academic institution and learn from the liars that teach in them.  Step outside the box and look at the world the way it really is FLAT

You are casting doubt on the assumptions on which we can base an argument. If you discount the sort of learning which most people gain at auniversity then you're disregarding a lot of what a great deal of people take for granted. Perhaps you should state what assumptions we reasonably can make (see below).

As for disregarding mathematics: well, you can, I suppose, but there doesn't seem any reason to, since I don't believe there really is anything in mathematics which supports either side of the argument. And your flat Earth would be really strange (as opposed to just bizarre) if mathematics didn't work as usual: do you want 2 + 2 to equal 5? Most (if not all: posters may be able to think of a few topics which might not) of mathematics can be derived from simple arithmetic, by principles which I am sure you wouldn't disagree with. I think we can probably leave mathematics in our debates unless you have a good reason (other than it's taught at universities: if you use this line then we'll have to stop positing in English, since that's taught there too).

Unless something obviously supports one side or the other then we should probably just take it as read, and proceed from there. What specifically about the study of the physical world (i.e., physics) do you have an objection to?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2006, 10:14:05 AM »
I belong to no cult, I nejoy a good debate about a flat earth I will keep my posts to that of facts. I enjoy a good argument, i dont mean to sound extreme. Im appoligies if I sound foolish. I think that we should all stick to facts and try to challenge them that way . Thank you

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2006, 12:35:52 PM »
You didn't answer my question, and I'd be grateful if you did. What assumptions do you think it's reasonable to make in debating this topic? For example, is mathematics acceptable?

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2006, 12:43:23 PM »

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2006, 06:48:55 PM »
Im appoligies if I sound foolish.

Wow way to fail again.

well, something is obvious to me if you have the audacity to not believe the hard evidence that you have been presented with, you're a government spy working against us, i rest my case

So wait, if someone disagrees with you..they obviously must be with the government. Right. Got it. Asshole.

if you do a google image search for the term "ice wall" this both images used by novak76 pops up first page of listings. the first image is that of an ice wall near mt. kilimanjaro. http://geowww.uibk.ac.at/glacio/RESEARCH/KILI/

the second image used is
obviously taken by mountain climbers in tibet or south america. http://www.cycleogical.com.au/asp/index.asp?page=news&sid=11
it has nothing to do with flat earth ideology and why you choose to use these images as evidence of the great magical ice wall is puzzleing to me.

Navak37 has shown you a picture that he says is the ice wall and you don’t believe him.

All pictures that have been shown have been disapproved. They are not real! Crass has done a good job showing us this. Why don't you read a little before posting.

Look, there is no real proof that there is such a wall. the only real possible proof is that if there is a picture of someone on this wall who took the picture of where the wall ends and space starts. Only then will we all know it is THE WALL and not SOME WALL.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2006, 08:11:11 PM »
Huzzah Dill!!

Right, now for Bullhorn...

Look, I don't want to belabour this point, but bullhorn, as I clearly stated in my previous post, neither side may use pictures.  Now, I get that you don't feel like reading things, seeing as all those words must make you scared, what with your dylexia and all, but please, if you could, don't post arguments that have already been answered.

The fact of the matter is that no matter what we as flat earther’s say you guys whom believe in the round earth will say that we don’t have any evidence

No, not at all.  You have again misunderstood the entire point of an argument.  One of the ways we can disprove your theory is by calling into question your evidence and it's validity, if we do and you cannot successfully defend it, you loose the argument.  The onus of prrof is on you, and it's our job to rip it to threads, so if you could defend your ridiculous point, I'd have no choice but to accept your reasoning.  That said, you haven't successfully done that, so shut up.

what I am going to say is that the evidence for a flat earth is all around us

Prove it.  Show me this evidence.  I'll blow it out of the water.

When a lie is taught in school, and when a lie is stated as fact by EVERY academic institution and government it does not become a lie anymore it becomes a believed fact.

I'm willing to believe that this is true, after all, people were taught that the earth is flat...However, if you can't (and from reading the rest of you r post, you can't) back this statement up, you have no place saying it.  Prove that the round earth is a lie, or don't throw wild accusations of it being a lie around.

When you look into the distance you see flat.

And when I'm in a plane, I see a curve.  I know, I know...it's an optical illusion right?  So what prevents me from saying that the reason you see flat is an optical illusion as well, due to the very small degree the earth curves over?  Why is your optical illusion somehow more valid than my own?

In order to prove that a round earth exists we need to rely on technology to do it whether it be in an airplane.  Or space flight, or satellites in orbit.

And what is your problem with using technology?  You're using a computer.  We use technology simply to gather more precise measurements than we'd be able to observe normally.  And airplanes?  What's your problem with those, they allow us to go high in the air, yes their based on our knowledge of the "black magics"  of math and physics (wihich is simply applied math), but those aren't founded on the earth being round, if they were, and the earth were flat, they wouldn't work.

We also have to understand “physics” and “mathematics.” Both of these fields require one to attend a academic institution and learn from the liars that teach in them.

Yes...I can see why you'd distrust these people, I mean, who are they to say that 1+1=2?  You seem to be misunderstanding here bullhorn, people don't just magically invent laws in physics and math, and we don't mondlessly absorb them and use them.  All the most basic laws are based off things we\ve observed, then further laws are deived from them.  If you wanted to, you could perform basically any of these experiments yourself ad get the same results, all the teachers are doing is saving you this trouble.

And just so you know, bullhorn, you can't claim math is biased, because it's based on rules that we've discovered (not inveted, discovered), and as a result, you can't say physics is biased, because it's just math applied to the phyisical world.
Step outside the box and look at the world the way it really is FLAT

Bullhorn, is it possible that you've step outside the box so much that you're no longer in the realm of logic?  This is another post in which you have, yet again, failed to substantiate any claim you happen to have made, but instead decided to start blowing smoke in everyone's face by calling our credibility into question, whe there's really no reason to question it.

As an asside, bullhorn, what is your fear of teachers?  Did they beat you as a child?  Were you one of those stupid kids, and you thought the teacher was against you, and that's why they gave you the pointy hat and sent you to the corner?  I'll bet you were...   :lol:

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2006, 09:14:32 PM »
Just wanted your explanation as to how people would manage to breath once they get near the ice wall ? Since it's common knowledge that you can't breath in space (unless that's a lie too), how do we breath once we hit this ice wall ?

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2006, 09:29:20 PM »
uhhhh not to pry or anything. but... why 150'? why not like, 10 miles, or better yet, something that correlates to the size of the earth? 150' is pretty fuckin tiny if you ask anyone. 150' of ice wall is like... what fell the Titanic. whatever you guys suck anyways.

?

souray44

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2006, 11:13:04 PM »
wow. you guys fail at life.

nice pictures, but isn't this non existant ice-wall supposed to go around the OCEAN? where is the ocean?! i don't see a single drop of running water in the pictures you provided which goes against what you said about it containing the ocean.

and heres my question about this ice wall:
you said it was created by the massive change in pressure between the earth and space. how the FUCK is an ice wall supposed to stop us from being sucked into the lower pressure of space? way to make sense retards.

oooh the water won't pour out of earth because of the ice wall. well what about AIR? why do we still have oxygen? because an ice wall about 4 fucking miles below it is keeping it inside? nice try. For your theory to make sense with the laws of pressure (which is your ONLY theory for how the ice wall was created) all the air would be sucked out of the planet. a pressure change capable of freezing such a massive amount of water is certainly enough to move all our air into the vacuum of space. you will NEVER find a high pressure system that isnt perfectly contained present inside one massive low pressure system.

the earth would have to be inside a giant bubble for this to make sense. seeing as the light from the sun isn't refracted any more than can be mathematically proven by the laws of refraction between medians, then its perfectly logical to say there is no such bubble, and seeing as you never said there was one we can all agree on that. why aren't we all dead again?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2006, 01:46:06 AM »
Why 150? This is the number that has been told be the flat earth society for years, I can only assume that this is the height of the wall.  I havent seen the Ice Wall myself, I understand that it is protectd by an organisation. The name I dont know its purpose unknown. Anyways why 150 feet your guess is as good as mine.

?

a

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2006, 02:40:11 AM »
ok let me get this straight.

1) You reckon that the whole circumference of a circular disk the size of the earth is being monitered by "agencies"? Lets do some simple math.
Quick internet search shows the area of the earths surface to be 150,000,000 km^2. Now even if the earth was flat this figure would still be the same. Using Area=pi x radius^2 we find that the radius of such a flat earth would be around 7000 kms. Then using Circumference = 2 x pi x radius we find that the circumference of such an earth would be around 43400km.
Do you seriously think that government "agencies" police 43400km of sea. Thats rediculous. Like more that 1000 people would have to be involved (most probably more but stick with 1000). Do you seriously think 1000 people could keep such a secret. Moreover, wtf are they guarding it?

2) Second, why is the walll made of ice? No physics or chemistry could explain that. You say that the "pressure" makes the sea water ice. Wtf is up with that. Whats applying such "pressure". The sea? Im guessing that's your arguement; that the ocean's giant volume exerts so much pressure on edge that it makes it ice. That makes no f****** sense. Why is the pressure exerted on the edge? There is nothing for it to push against. It would mearly dissapate and the water would go over the edge. The most pressure in the oceans is at the bottom of the ocean. Are you saying that the sea floor is made of ice?

3) Ok here is the biggest obstacle for flat earth crazy people to prove. All of physics is based on the earth being round. And all of physics works. If the earth were flat, modern day physics would not work. Newtonian and Galilean laws are all based on the earth being round. In another thread I saw one of you flat earthers saw that Eistein's E=mc^2 must also be a conspiracy. Thats f****** rediculous. The A-bomb works. Are you saying that everyone that died in Hiroshima were in on your conspiracy.

4) you'll probably try to rebute pt 3) by saying that physics can work on a flat earth. I've read your proof for gravity. It's rediculous. That we are somehow accelerating a 9.8ms^-2 upwards to give the illusion of gravity. Ok. Here is Newton's first law of motion

An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

Now you cannot deny this law. If you do you are a f****** idiot. Why? Because it works. Look around you. OUr entire civilisation is pretty much built upon this law.
Why doesn't the car move? because your not hitting the gas; there's no force applied

So for the earth to have acceleration upwards at 9.8ms^-2 upwards we would have to have rocket boosters on the other side of the so called "disk".

Even if we were accelerating upwards, we would be reaching rediculous speeds. Like we would have been accelerating upwards for billions of years. And a disk isn't particularly aerodynamic. Like i know that space is a vaccuum. But seriously. We would have hit something by now if we were going that fast.

Also, explain this. This simple law v=u + at works. Who cares if the earth is round, flat or cubic. We know this law works. Why? Because it physically does. Vehicles physically undergo this law during motion. It's tried and tested. If you think this law is wrong then obviously you have never seen a car, a bike, a plane, a person running. Try it out. You flat earthers are thinking scientifically so whats the harm in some research. Get a model car and do some experiments. I assure you that this law works. using that law and your fact that we accelerate upwards at 9.8ms^-2 we find that after 1 year of the "rocket boosters' being turned on, we would be going at 309052800m/s. This is well above the speed of light. (if you don't believe the speed of light is what it is, then you are denying E=mc^2 and thus don't believe that Hiroshima occured)

So pretty much what I have proven is that
a) you think the earth is not flat
b) you don't belive Hiroshima occured
and you have to fall into one of those two catagories by my simple reasoning. all science i have used to prove this is apparently explainable in you flat world so you should be happy with it.

5)finally, explain day and night. right now. go.

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2006, 06:50:52 PM »
a...YOU ROCK BRO NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICENESS WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

Everything said there cannot be disproved. Unfortunatly, if they do ever reply, they will say
a)you are with the government
b) They will make up shit to cover it up
c) hiroshima never happened
or
d) Bullhorn will explain what he learned at "Univercity" and be gay and do all of the above.

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2006, 06:54:41 PM »
No, they will most probably call Hiroshima an "illusion", just like the illusion of how objects supposedly fall on the flat Earth.
It's my world, you're in it. It'll take you down in a minute,"
-Children of Bodom

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2006, 07:06:09 PM »
To be fair, it wouldn't prove that they don't believe the earth is flat, but rather that gravity doesn't work the way they say it does.  Also...how exactly was the atomic bomb based on the principle of E=mc^2?  It was used to prove that nothing can go faster than the speed of light if it has a mass, and that there's a correlation between mass and energy, but not build the atom bomb; Einstein just helped with that as well.

?

FickMyDuck

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2006, 09:06:37 PM »
Flat earthers must be Pink Floyd fans.  They're too much into "The Wall" concept.

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2006, 09:50:26 PM »
E=mc^2 was used to show that mass could be converted into enormous amounts of energy and vice versa. I'm not sure how this would apply to the whole round vs. flat earth thing but what I do know is that if we're constantly accelerating, moving towards light speed and beyond, we'd have to throw Einstein's theory out the window.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2006, 06:20:38 AM »
I know, but "a" (the quotation marks are only there so you know it's not a stray letter) said that to deny E=mc^2 one must deny the atom bomb...and there really isn't any connection there, even if E did not = mc^2, the atom bomb would still functiom.

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2006, 09:35:15 PM »
oh true, point taken. in either event, i think these people need to be re-educated. lol

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2006, 12:33:54 PM »
Bullhorn said
Why 150? This is the number that has been told be the flat earth society for years, I can only assume that this is the height of the wall. I havent seen the Ice Wall myself, I understand that it is protectd by an organisation. The name I dont know its purpose unknown. Anyways why 150 feet your guess is as good as mine.

Okay Bullhorn in virtually every post you say that we believe in the round earth because we mindlessly believ what we're told without question.You then usually say if we were less guillible and relied only on what we can see and touch we'd admit your theory is correct.

How the F*** can you then justify the quote above. which I will now break into its component parts.

Why 150? This is the number that has been told be the flat earth society for years,

Oh I get it if everyone else on Earth believes something and can do experiments that prove their assumptions= evil conspiracy.
If a lunatic groups of a few people who cant defend their points in an argument based solely on first principle logic say it it must be= an unchallengeble fact.
Oh course what the hell is wrong with me.(note that was intense sarcasm)

I understand that it is protectd by an organisation. The name I dont know its purpose unknown. Anyways why 150 feet your guess is as good as mine

It's name I dont know and its purpose is unknown then how do you know it existes?
Either
A) someone told you so your guilty of the hypocrisy I pointed out above
or
B) It exists because your theory  demands it exists since otherwise you guys could just bring us to the wall of ice maybe open a criuise line that goes their and shut us up. Its inverted logic this must be true so what factors would allow it to be true rather than these factors are true and proven what does that mena is true.
You accuse us of not allowing our viewpoints to be challenged?
Understand this
YOU FLAT-EARTHERS ARE THE DOGMATIC ONES.
YOU IGNROE THE ARGUMENTS THAT REFUTE YOUR POINTS.
YOU RELY ON UNPROVABLE ASSUMPTIONS.
YOU DONT REASON FROM FIRST PRINCIPLES.
YOU DO NOT BELIEVE EXPERIMENTS YOU CAN CONDUCT IN YOUR OWN HOME.
YOU BLINDLY FOLLOW A BELIEF PURELY BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE TOLD YOU ITS TRUE
YOU ARE THE BRAINWASHED ONES
If their had been any logical first principle argument that proves the flat eath model I'd listen my mind is open yours are closed,empty and closed
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2006, 05:17:31 AM »
No more questioning guys, here are some photos that the goverment still couldn't remove:

So, there are proofs, the earth is flat!!!

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2006, 05:28:59 AM »
beat that rounders...

pics of a random ice wall.
The world revolves due to precisely 61,427 penguins running continuously around the South Pole. If more than 3 of those penguins die simultaneously, our day will be increased by 7 hours.

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2006, 05:32:07 AM »
Just for the record, I don't believe in the ice wall.  It may exist, but it may not.

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2006, 05:39:45 AM »
Yet again, let's look at where these pictures come from.

1st Picture
http://www.patine-jp.com/snow/images/icewall.jpg

Everyone, please go to http://www.patine-jp.com. This is a JAPANESE Ice Skating site. After barely looking on the site, I found the same picture listed above under "Artificial Snow". Scroll down and you'll see it.

Score: Me - 1 / Douchebag - 0

2nd Picture
http://www.tomholmes.com/images/light-ice-2.jpg

This one's hosted at http://www.tomholmes.com. Click the heading called "Ice" and keep pressing next until you reach this picture. It's a picture of A wall of ice, not THE wall of ice. By the way, this Tom Holmes guy is an "Architect - Sculptor - Craftsman", not a spy from the government, and not a flat-earther.

Score: Me - 2 / Douchebag - 0

3rd Picture
http://www.glaciers.pdx.edu/Thomas/Canada/Canada%20Glacier%20Scott%20below%20the%20ice%20wall.jpg

Must I even explain the source of this one? Just read! CANADA...GLACIERS. If you go here: http://glaciers.pdx.edu/Thomas/Canada/ , you'll notice it's an archive of photos of glaciers in CANADA.

Score: Me - 3 / Douchebag - 0

4th Picture
http://www.mountain-guiding.com/instruction/ice-climbing/images/weeping-wall2_jpg.jpg

This website, under "instruction" (http://www.mountain-guiding.com/instruction/ice-climbing/) is clearly an ice-climbing site, right? You see the picture on the left, under "Canadian Rockies". Nice try, I don't think the Canadian Rockies has THE Magical Ice Wall there.

Score: Me - 4 / Douchebag - 0

5th Picture
http://www.nvo.com/timharper/nss-folder/harbinphotos/ice%20wall.jpg

First off, go here: http://www.nvo.com/timharper/nss-folder/harbinphotos. The heading of the website is "Soaps from China" on the top of your browser. WTF does the Ice Wall have to do with Soaps from China? Just read the damn page, and you should see the photo listed. Plus, Douchebag, do you think the Ice Wall is illuminated like that?

Score: Me - 5 / Douchebag - 0

So, I don't know if this Douchebag was joking or not, but this proves his pictures are all fake. Be smart next time and re-host them, and re-name the photos if you want people suspecting they're real.

The Earth is not flat.
It's my world, you're in it. It'll take you down in a minute,"
-Children of Bodom

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2006, 05:53:03 AM »
I'm pretty sure the he was joking, putting those pictures up.  I'd think the glowing one was a dead giveaway.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2006, 06:34:52 AM »
Those are frauds, the reason this is is becuase no one has ever climbed it.

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2006, 07:22:18 AM »
What you don't realize guys, is that the pics are strategically camouflaged onto those web sites.
All the owners of the web sites that are hosting these pictures are actually flat earthers, but they are not making much noise about that because of the persecution of the goverment.

I'd think the glowing one was a dead giveaway

I removed it because I had put this one by mistake.

[/quote]

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2006, 09:54:03 AM »
Those are frauds, the reason this is is becuase no one has ever climbed it.

Why not? It's only 150 feet tall. There are far taller walls that have been climbed.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."