« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2022, 08:07:38 PM »
i have become john eldenlord 5 times now and finally finished all achievements

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Re: For my fellow Tarnished
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2022, 07:26:01 AM »
i have become john eldenlord 5 times now and finally finished all achievements
Congrats on your platinum status! I'm working on simping for Ranni with my mage and embracing the chaos with my thumpy boi in NG+ to hopefully achieve the same.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2022, 01:47:12 AM »
I'm still waiting for this game to go on special before I buy it. I never pay full price for a game like a chump

So I'm going to be annoyed if there is still no special come this 'Black Friday' (Almost all my games are digital so just keeping with the theme there).

Tell me, in the case of Elden Ring, was I a chump to not stump up the AU$95 for the game on release day instead? Is it really that awesome?

I have almost 500 games in my library. It's hard to keep up and most I have not got seriously into. CyberPunk 2077 is keeping me busy lately. See I only paid $50 instead of $100 and I played it post the 1.5 update patch instead of the buggy hell people paid twice the money for. CHUMPS!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Junker

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2022, 11:58:29 AM »
Tell me, in the case of Elden Ring, was I a chump to not stump up the AU$95 for the game on release day instead? Is it really that awesome?
yes and yes

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2022, 12:13:22 PM »

I have never bought a game at launch.
I have played almost every Call of duty and not once have I bought one at launch (to be fair, most of them were from when my dad used to play COD). I have played almost every single game released (from Call of duty 2 to Cod Black ops Cold War) and have never been such a chump that I buy it for the full price when it releases.
In fact, I can go to my local Gamestop and but some games for HALF the price of when it was released.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2022, 12:16:50 PM »
yes and yes
+infinity

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2022, 12:33:56 PM »
yes and yes
+infinity

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
I will never forget that quote from Buzz Lightyear.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2022, 12:40:26 PM »
Well the game has finally gone on special. All this wait will have saved me $40 for the deluxe edition version.

YEAH!

But playing it will have to wait while I finish High on Life

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2022, 12:47:01 PM »
Fuck yeah. On both counts. Very fun.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2022, 01:54:18 AM »
So I've played a bit of Elden Ring. I like the game, dont get me wrong but I do wonder how this got 'Game of the Year'....

Every review of games I see they talk about how much they HATE grinding. I'm at Level 40 and I'm still grinding away to ensure I dont get one (maybe 2) shotted by most of the enemies around the map. Any particular boss is still 'dont even bother'. That 'Tree Sentinel' guy on the horseback that you see at the very start once you get out of the initial dungeon area is still near impossible at this time

Did manage to kill that Santa looking merchant thing at the first church. After I bought some stuff off him. I was just stuffing around to see if I could get away with it but then every time I went back to the 'Grace' he was still pissed at me. I had no choice. I was thinking going back to the grace things would get them to reset. Not anyone you can talk with apparently

Now to get to level 40 as quick as I did, I killed some sleeping dragon thing that didn't give a damn that I was hacking it up. If not for that, I'd be playing this for 100 hours before I could actually begin enjoying killing everything lol

I thought Assassins Creed was grindy...

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the challenge. Despite my pathetically weak character, I all but finished Castle Morne to the very south without dying - until it came to the boss. One shotted before I could even get a hit in lol

But it is a very cool game. It's a game that will either force players to rage quit or feel very proud of their accomplishments when they put in the hard yards and defeat the bosses - eventually :)

I've only just scratched the surface and will enjoy the lore as this game unfolds.

Oh, I had to take this off multiplayer mode. Those 'messages' left on the ground were giving me the shits. Most of it was just trolling from players before.

Know your place

Junker

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2022, 07:54:30 AM »
I do wonder how this got 'Game of the Year'....
the more you play the more it will present itself

Every review of games I see they talk about how much they HATE grinding. I'm at Level 40 and I'm still grinding away to ensure I dont get one (maybe 2) shotted by most of the enemies around the map. Any particular boss is still 'dont even bother'. That 'Tree Sentinel' guy on the horseback that you see at the very start once you get out of the initial dungeon area is still near impossible at this time
id recommend lvl 90 or so to take on the final boss, but there are other bosses that require more. you can also beat the game on lvl 1 if you git gud

Did manage to kill that Santa looking merchant thing at the first church. After I bought some stuff off him. I was just stuffing around to see if I could get away with it but then every time I went back to the 'Grace' he was still pissed at me. I had no choice. I was thinking going back to the grace things would get them to reset. Not anyone you can talk with apparently
i would suggest dont kill merchants/npcs in general. later in the game you will meet turtle pope (best character in the game imho) and with a certain item you can de-aggro everyone you hit too many times (when you aggro npcs they will not forgive as you experienced)

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the challenge. Despite my pathetically weak character, I all but finished Castle Morne to the very south without dying - until it came to the boss. One shotted before I could even get a hit in lol
so you can git gud at dodge & stab (the hallmark of dark souls type games) or you can flip to a magic build and kill everyone from afar. im a dodge & stab guy so i dont have a decent recommendation

I've only just scratched the surface and will enjoy the lore as this game unfolds.
souls-type games aren't big into exposition so you have to get into the lore to get a full picture of the story (or watch a recap video on youtube). but every important item in your inventory has a note about its history, etc. if you are short on time, id suggest watching a recap after you beat the game

Oh, I had to take this off multiplayer mode. Those 'messages' left on the ground were giving me the shits. Most of it was just trolling from players before.
fyi you will get to a point where you can summon others into your world to help with things like boss fights, id suggest keeping online mode going

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2023, 03:18:03 AM »
Well I rune farmed my way to Level 170 so far. I have turned the game from the difficulty of 'Hard' to 'Normal'  8)

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2023, 06:27:10 AM »
Well I rune farmed my way to Level 170 so far. I have turned the game from the difficulty of 'Hard' to 'Normal'  8)

Did you go to the Moghwyn Palace and start genociding? You monster!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2023, 06:33:55 AM »

Did you go to the Moghwyn Palace and start genociding? You monster!

Just killed a dumb bird looking thing over there. Well to be fair, it killed itself. Over and over and over again lol

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2023, 06:51:30 AM »
Oh that's right, the murder bird! Take a look at that ramp full of albinaurics leading down from the ledge. There will come a time when you have a weapon with a weapon art that can slaughter nearly all of them in one beautiful, golden wave. And like the bird, they just keep showing back up.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2023, 06:59:49 AM »
Oh that's right, the murder bird! Take a look at that ramp full of albinaurics leading down from the ledge. There will come a time when you have a weapon with a weapon art that can slaughter nearly all of them in one beautiful, golden wave. And like the bird, they just keep showing back up.

Oh nice 8) Will have to hunt down more cool weapons!

After this game I am going to try out Sekiro. I heard it's difficult so hopefully Elden Ring kind of gets me used to the style and combat mechanics

Know your place

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2023, 11:56:57 AM »
In Sekiro, you play as a badass warrior with a robot arm in feudal Japan or something (wtf? That makes no sense! - Karen).
Also, when you die, you can respawn as the title literally says "shadows die twice" but only for a few limited lives.
Use the robot arms you collect with your weapon and you can do some cool combos.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2023, 11:11:54 PM »
Yeah Sekiro is a fun game.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2023, 08:19:18 AM »
Yeah Sekiro is a fun game.

I was a huge fan of Tenchu back in the day and Sekiro kinda gives off that vibe.

Know your place

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2023, 11:05:57 AM »
I'm not old enough to actually know any game that's older than me.
The only exceptions are Call of duty, Banjo kazooie, Mario, Sonic, and Crash bandicoot.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2023, 06:06:39 AM »
The n64 truly was the king of consoles.
So many masterpieces.

You should play The legend of Zelda Ocarina of time, play the switch version you'll enjoy it more. I like the original personally but it's just nostalgia.

I play it through once every couple of years.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2023, 11:16:00 AM »
The nintendo 64 also had the the button layout that guaranteed that you would have difficulty playing considering the stick is in the middle.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2023, 12:53:05 PM »
I'm addicted to this game. My play time is currently at 95 hours. I'm level 238 and I just killed that Mohg dickhead.

Favourite weapon is the reduvia blood blade. Even though it's a dagger and one of the first weapons I got, I got maxed out it's level and it kicks arse. Especially it's special ability.

Then use a 'mimic tear' at the bosses and then there is 2 of you!

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2023, 12:53:38 AM »
HOLY SHIT! I DID IT!!!

Fucked up that Elden Beast (after many attempts!) But I didn't act alone. My 'mimic tear' was as pathetic as I was when it came to fighting so it wasn't much help. So I summoned another actual player to help me. The battle was long but it was EPIC! I only wish I could have thanked my helper. I'm not normally a fan of multiplayer but how cool is it to work with a real person to work together to take down a boss!

Not sure why people say Malenia is the hardest. I spammed Mogwyns sacred spear on that bitch and she crumpled in no time

This Elden Beast was worthy of being the end game boss. Hardly got a chance to spam any attack

I summoned Ranni at the end and got the 'Ranni's Age of Stars' ending

And I see what you mean about that Sacred sword and its wave of gold attack. Can genocide all of bastards around Mogwyns palace without breaking a sweat. Before that I was using Mogwyns sacred spear to do it but this sword is much faster

10/10 game! I'm blown away. Level 256 on my first run lol. Time to go again and be an overpowered boss. And as for that Grafted Scion boss that rudely killed me in my first play through - I'm going to give him a nice surprise this time  8)

Know your place