Some Pics

• 146 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: Some Pics
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2023, 05:09:16 PM »
Some one asked if there was any proof, I would call this evidence at least (the pics early in the thread,, specifically the long range on the ocean)

In this case, actual evidence would need to constitute several things:

- Observer location
- Observer distance to targets
- Target identification
- Observer height
- Height of visual targets.

We can't seem to ever get any of these necessary parameters. Ex., 40 miles versus 40 kilometers, location etc.

Thererfore, it's not really evidence because it's unverifiable.
I dont really knw what you are tryin to say, because most of that is not correct. You arfe clinging to the fact that in my oiriginal post i said i coulnd remember something.

Yes, and not being able to remember key data is why your evidence is not evidence. So far it's only been, "I was somewhere, some distance away from something, and I've determined there is no curve." You realize that amounts to a whole lot of nothing because I could say that about anything.

It's the equivalent of me saying, "I was somewhere, some distance away from something, and I've determined there is a curve."

So provide the necessary specific data to validate:

- Observer location
- Target identification
- Observer height

If you can't, it's not able to be examined, it's not verifiable, therefore, it is not "evidence". Pretty simple really.

It seems pretty clear. I have no idea what you would need clarification on. It's been spelled out what is required.
you claim i only speak in vagaries... that incorrect as it pertains to this,anyway

Prove me wrong then. Provide the specifics (not vagaries):

- Observer location
- Target identification
- Observer height
- Height of visual targets

Otherwise, you are simply wrong because I was somewhere, some distance away from something, and I've determined there is a curve.

JackBlack

« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2023, 11:32:00 PM »
Actually, no wait... now i remember - you have some kindof problem.
The only "problem" is people spouting unsubstantiated claims, and then just changing them to try and fit their fantasy when they are called out.

Again, the initial numbers you provided describe an impossibility.
It isn't that they weren't supported, it is that they were physically impossible.

Then after being called out, you just change your tune and make up new numbers.

We have no reason at all to believe any of the numbers you have provided.

What reason do you have for thinking it was that particular location you were viewing, at that particular distance?
And again, why are the bottoms of the buildings missing?

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2023, 04:51:47 AM »
Some one asked if there was any proof, I would call this evidence at least (the pics early in the thread,, specifically the long range on the ocean)

In this case, actual evidence would need to constitute several things:

- Observer location
- Target identification
- Observer height

We can't seem to ever get any of these necessary parameters. Ex., 40 miles versus 40 kilometers, location etc.

Thererfore, it's not really evidence because it's unverifiable.
I dont really knw what you are tryin to say, because most of that is not correct. You arfe clinging to the fact that in my oiriginal post i said i coulnd remember something.

Yes, and not being able to remember key data is why your evidence is not evidence. So far it's only been, "I was somewhere, some distance away from something, and I've determined there is no curve." You realize that amounts to a whole lot of nothing because I could say that about anything.

It's the equivalent of me saying, "I was somewhere, some distance away from something, and I've determined there is a curve."

So provide the necessary specific data to validate:

- Observer location
- Target identification
- Observer height

If you can't, it's not able to be examined, it's not verifiable, therefore, it is not "evidence". Pretty simple really.

It seems pretty clear. I have no idea what you would need clarification on. It's been spelled out what is required.
you claim i only speak in vagaries... that incorrect as it pertains to this,anyway

Amazing!

Doubles down

So if INcorrect
What is the correctikn
Explain yourself... what i said just has to be reread by you. what is it that you are talking about tho
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2023, 09:29:28 AM »
Does this photographer specialize in photos of Bigfoot, by any chance?

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2023, 09:31:12 AM »

]I dont really knw what you are tryin to say, because most of that is not correct. You arfe clinging to the fact that in my oiriginal post i said i coulnd remember something.

Photos with no location hieght direction position somehow prove something.

Nope
No vaguemess
None

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 09:44:03 AM by Themightykabool »

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2023, 10:01:45 AM »
Forgive me mighty kabool. as cool as it would be to have a friend in Cabul or afganistan or whatever - i dont really see what it is that you are saying. Can you outline what you understood of what i posted, what is missing....if You just want me to come up with something by leaving everything open ended and prioviding no sunbstance... this is def an area i wouldnt want to be trying to steal from others in, if  that is anything like what yyou are doing by chance. sorry i cant really get this in perspective i think you must explain.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2023, 10:03:02 AM »
not to mention i have seen you react with quite the vitriol so start talking.
           -them

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2023, 10:22:41 AM »
Forgive me mighty kabool. as cool as it would be to have a friend in Cabul or afganistan or whatever - i dont really see what it is that you are saying. Can you outline what you understood of what i posted, what is missing....if You just want me to come up with something by leaving everything open ended and prioviding no sunbstance... this is def an area i wouldnt want to be trying to steal from others in, if  that is anything like what yyou are doing by chance. sorry i cant really get this in perspective i think you must explain.

Mike,
For the thousandth time, regarding the last image with the buildings, provide specifics, not vagaries:

Provide the necessary specific data to validate:

1) Observer location (Where exactly were you when the photo was take?)
2) Observer distance to targets (How far exactly were you from the the targets - Buildings)
3) Target identification (City, buildings)
4) Observer height (Your eye height above the earth surface)
5) Height of visual targets (buildings)

Just answer the 5 questions with specific data. How is it that you don't understand this? Is this somehow not clear to you?

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2023, 10:51:08 AM »

]I dont really knw what you are tryin to say, because most of that is not correct. You arfe clinging to the fact that in my oiriginal post i said i coulnd remember something.

Photos with no location hieght direction position somehow prove something.

Nope
No vaguemess
None
Iwas just coming to delet my last comment top you as i started feeling bad and thought maybe i did something wrong... but now i see this comment.... i have no idea how to deal with this, honest to god you maintain i did not post locations (question mark) or even most of the info in his list there....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:54:04 AM by faded mike »
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2023, 10:58:30 AM »
And i wasnt clear in my earlier post about you - just saying 2 words and getting more and more info out as one would try to defend themselves against you accusation. it seems to me like that may be what is happening - i have little reason to believe you have put in any work or even bother to try to undersdtand a lot of what i said, anyway it seems. your response pls
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2023, 12:19:39 PM »
The only "problem" is people spouting unsubstantiated claims, and then just changing them to try and fit their fantasy when they are called out.

It isn't that they weren't supported, it is that they were physically impossible.

What reason do you have for thinking it was that particular location you were viewing, at that particular distance?
THIS WAS ALL ADRESSED
           -them

JackBlack

« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2023, 12:46:01 PM »
Again, it is quite simple, your initial post started with a vague claim of a distance of 40 km or 40 miles, with you not remembering which, while being 5 km away from an island 120 km away from the location you claim to be viewing.
These numbers do not add up.

In order to show a problem with the RE you need numbers which do add up.
You need to tell us what you were looking at, how far away from it you were (preferably by telling us where you were), and how high the camera was.
But more importantly, you have to provide a justification for those answers, which isn't simply to make the RE wrong.

i have no idea how to deal with this, honest to god you maintain i did not post locations (question mark) or even most of the info in his list there....
Here is a suggestion:
Admit you do not know the details, as the details you provided are impossible.

THIS WAS ALL ADRESSED
No, it wasn't.
If you think it was provide a link to the post in which you think it was addressed.
Just asserting it was addressed will not help you.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2023, 01:12:24 PM »

THIS WAS ALL ADRESSED

Ummm, no it wasn't.

Here's all we know:

Maybe somewhere east near Isla Saona (Which is 75 miles/120KM from Santo Domingo)
UNKNOWN

2) Observer distance to targets (How far exactly were you from the the targets - Buildings)
40 Miles/65KM or 40KM/25 Miles, which is nowhere near Isla Saona
UNKNOWN

Santo Domingo - Buildings unknown, therefore heights unknown
UNKNOWN

Boat, 15'?, guessing
UNKNOWN

Not specified
UNKNOWN

So now, provide the necessary specific data to validate and make the 'UNKNOWN', 'KNOWN':

Just answer the 5 questions with specific data. Simple as that. Why is that so hard for you? Or are you just trolling at this point?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 01:55:41 PM by Stash »

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2023, 01:20:44 PM »
hmmm sounds to me like faded doesn't know where he was standing when he took a bunch of photos showing zero reference landmarks.

good stuff

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2023, 11:39:05 PM »
Hey kabool i prob didnt need to say all that, no need for me to be rude if i was. Appologies
I need to reread it all
           -them

« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2023, 03:17:40 AM »
Hey kabool i prob didnt need to say all that, no need for me to be rude if i was. Appologies
I need to reread it all

"Old Hippie"

He gets off on country music
Cause disco left him cold
He's got young friends into new wave
But he's just too friggin' old
And he dreams at night of Woodstock and the day John Lennon died
How the music made him happy and the silence made him cry
Yeah he thinks of John sometimes
And he has to wonder why

[Chorus:]
He's an old hippie and he don't know what to do
Should he hang on to the old
Should he grab on to the new
He's an old hippie...his new life is just a bust
He ain't trying to change nobody
He's just trying real hard to adjust

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bellamybrothers/oldhippie.html

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2023, 01:33:12 AM »
hmmm sounds to me like faded doesn't know where he was standing when he took a bunch of photos showing zero reference landmarks.

good stuff
While it was fresh in my mind i conclude it was batey el soco, the last main harbour around 40 mile east of santo domingo, didnt i say that already? why do you doubt this?
           -them

JackBlack

« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2023, 02:40:06 AM »

good stuff
While it was fresh in my mind i conclude it was batey el soco, the last main harbour around 40 mile east of santo domingo, didnt i say that already? why do you doubt this?
The problem is you also said this:
a pick from close to sayona island (~2-5km west of sayona?)

And more problematic, if you were just outside of el-soco and Earth was flat, land would get in the way, which isn't seen in your photo.

It simply doesn't add up.

« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2023, 09:21:31 AM »

good stuff

Because you are unreliable and history of purposefully misleading.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2023, 10:07:08 AM »

good stuff

To Jack's point, how did you get a picture from the harbor? There's a lot of land in the way...

And yes to this...

why do you doubt this?

Because you are unreliable and history of purposefully misleading.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2023, 01:22:14 PM »
I think perhaps there was an ocean swell that blocked out the low lying ground between me and the highrises. How do you explain the highrises in my picture - that must be why you have denied that i knew where i was.
           -them

JackBlack

« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2023, 03:53:19 PM »
I think perhaps there was an ocean swell that blocked out the low lying ground between me and the highrises. How do you explain the highrises in my picture - that must be why you have denied that i knew where i was.
Already addressed.
You have no idea where you are or what you are looking at.
With this range of uncertainties, it is entirely possible for the top of the high rise to be visible.

Your pictures don't show any significant swell, so unless you are appealing to the "swell" or a RE, that wont work either.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2023, 07:35:34 PM »
How would it be helpful for me to engage in this type of converstaion with you?
           -them

JackBlack

« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2023, 09:28:38 PM »
That depends on what you mean by help.
If you mean help you convince everyone (including me, or even just me) that Earth is flat, when you have no evidence to support that, then no, it wont help.

If you mean to help you identify shortcomings in your argument, then it would be helpful.

But what is truly unhelpful is posting a bunch of pictures, pictures which show the bottom of distant buildings missing, while pulling out numbers to claim it shouldn't happen on a RE; especially while admitting you don't know if you have the numbers right.

What you need to do to be helpful is determine what the numbers actually are and how you know that to be the case.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2023, 03:20:23 AM »
Folks dont listen to this guy.
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2023, 03:22:32 AM »
So what exactly are you saying...?
           -them

JackBlack

« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2023, 03:06:05 PM »
Folks dont listen to this guy.
Why? Because I show the problem with your claims?
And you want to pretend your claims are prefect?
Incredibly dishonest.
You act like a snake oil salesmen, selling pure fiction, and trying to silence those who would expose you.

If you were honest you would have no problem with people listening to me.

So what exactly are you saying...?
That your evidence in no way demonstrates a flat Earth.
Instead, it appears to be incompatible with a flat Earth.

That if you want it to be evidence for a flat Earth you need to determine where you were, and what you were looking at, in a manner which can be justified to show it is correct, rather than it simply being made up numbers so you can pretend it doesn't work with a round Earth.