What do you think about gun control laws?

• 514 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: What do you think about gun control laws?
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2022, 04:54:06 AM »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2022, 07:05:06 AM »
The vast majority of deaths caused by guns are actually

suicides.

Homicides

accidents

So you being off your meds and having no understanding of how guns gun, you fall into all categories of potential disaster.
Great.
Application denied.
The system works.

Yes, Doctor Kabool I concur, the patient shows a rapidly increasing ability to discount all evidence that contradicts his inbuilt world view, no matter how strong, and this is before he comes of his medication.
My recommendation is that under no circumstance should he be allowed a firearm and I would review the decision to end his treatment too.
And, what do you think about the theory that taking Risperidone for too long actually causes schizophrenia? If you think I should continue taking Risperidone, do you take responsibility if I get schizophrenia then?

I'll take that responsibility

Keep taking it. Or some other meds. Their is something abnormal with your brain. Your posts clearly demonstrate this. In fact, just check yourself into an asylum. Your thinking is that deranged and divorced from reality
What do you think that I should tell my psychiatrist? Should I tell her that I want a gun for personal protection? That is hardly a sign of mental illness, considering that a third of America does that. They cannot all be mentally ill.

Tell your psychiatrist that guns don't exist.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2022, 07:49:21 AM »

suicides.

Homicides

accidents

So you being off your meds and having no understanding of how guns gun, you fall into all categories of potential disaster.
Great.
Application denied.
The system works.

Yes, Doctor Kabool I concur, the patient shows a rapidly increasing ability to discount all evidence that contradicts his inbuilt world view, no matter how strong, and this is before he comes of his medication.
My recommendation is that under no circumstance should he be allowed a firearm and I would review the decision to end his treatment too.
And, what do you think about the theory that taking Risperidone for too long actually causes schizophrenia? If you think I should continue taking Risperidone, do you take responsibility if I get schizophrenia then?

Keep taking it. Or some other meds. Their is something abnormal with your brain. Your posts clearly demonstrate this. In fact, just check yourself into an asylum. Your thinking is that deranged and divorced from reality
What do you think that I should tell my psychiatrist? Should I tell her that I want a gun for personal protection? That is hardly a sign of mental illness, considering that a third of America does that. They cannot all be mentally ill.

Tell your psychiatrist that guns don't exist.
Well, I no longer believe that, since I have been taking Risperidone for a while.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.
This is my parody of the conspiracy theorists:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71184.0
This is my attempt to refute the Flat-Earth theory:

« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2022, 08:32:56 AM »

suicides.

Homicides

accidents

Great.
Application denied.
The system works.

Qanon and maga cult have been labelled paranoid mass psychosis.
So yes.
They are mentally ill.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2022, 12:23:15 PM »

Ummm, yeah they can all be mentally ill. This is America.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2022, 11:18:31 PM »

suicides.

Homicides

accidents

Great.
Application denied.
The system works.

So yes.
They are mentally ill.
Mass psychosis is not a mental illness. Religion, for the same reason, is not considered a psychiatric delusion, even though it is quite similar to one (except that many people believe the same). Besides, opposing gun control laws has nothing to do with MAGA or Qanon, it dates back at least as far as the Second amendment.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2022, 12:15:47 AM »
2nd Amendment assures we can be as effective as Ukrainians.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2022, 01:16:04 AM »

LOL!
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2022, 05:59:27 AM »
I am not sure what you mean.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2022, 06:05:41 AM »

suicides.

Homicides

accidents

Great.
Application denied.
The system works.

So yes.
They are mentally ill.
Mass psychosis is not a mental illness. Religion, for the same reason, is not considered a psychiatric delusion, even though it is quite similar to one (except that many people believe the same). Besides, opposing gun control laws has nothing to do with MAGA or Qanon, it dates back at least as far as the Second amendment.

You really like to change the discussion mid thought.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2022, 06:34:25 AM »
I am not sure what you mean.
I mean are you going to fight or run away?   
Left wing pussies will scatter when confronted by force.

If you are a left winger willing to defend our country,   
Raise Your Hand Now.

Otherwise just STFU.

« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2022, 07:18:43 AM »
this mofo wants it for personal defense yet can't articulate how or ability to use.
he can't even follow a train of thought...
does he not know about the war in ukraine?

i got no problem with the 2ndA.
i have a problem with gun nuts confusing 2ndA with personal/ home defense mishmashing into some sort of dumbass clusterfuck
the NRA was created to improve proficiency but has become some kind of golem.

« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2022, 07:26:52 AM »
side note
they've been internally fighting for many years now making them tough and famiiliar.

'merica have airsoft, speed gun ("board don't shoot back"), and gangsters.
not sure if USA would do as well as the yukes in the same situation.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2022, 07:53:37 AM »
side note
they've been internally fighting for many years now making them tough and famiiliar.

'merica have airsoft, speed gun ("board don't shoot back"), and gangsters.
not sure if USA would do as well as the yukes in the same situation.

Your opinion is the best opinion you feel like believing in?Will you lead, follow or run away?

« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2022, 08:55:59 AM »
me?
i'm just a guy on the internet yelling things.
so what will i do in war?
i'll probably be the Tom Howell/ Robert Morris yelling "woooolverines!"

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2022, 10:33:34 AM »
me?
i'm just a guy on the internet yelling things.
so what will i do in war?
i'll probably be the Tom Howell/ Robert Morris yelling "woooolverines!"

I have no idea what you're talking about.
I'll hear you behind me.
(as I run away)

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #256 on: March 03, 2022, 01:11:30 AM »

suicides.

Homicides

accidents

Great.
Application denied.
The system works.

So yes.
They are mentally ill.

You really like to change the discussion mid thought.
You cannot say that a belief held by a third of the population is a sure sign of a mental illness. You can say it is a delusional belief, in the same sense religious beliefs may be considered delusional beliefs, but you cannot say they are psychiatric delusions. In fact, given that I can support my belief with citations from actual studies (and that is literally all the studies I am aware of that are done on the topic), you can hardly say my belief is delusional. You can claim it is wrong (comparing it to the beliefs that saturated fat does not lead to heart disease or similar - they can be based on poorly-done studies), but you cannot say it is delusional.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

« Reply #257 on: March 03, 2022, 01:46:43 AM »

In fact, given that I can support my belief with citations from actual studies (and that is literally all the studies I am aware of that are done on the topic), you can hardly say my belief is delusional. You can claim it is wrong (comparing it to the beliefs that saturated fat does not lead to heart disease or similar - they can be based on poorly-done studies)

In fact?   You keep using that phrase - insert princess bride meme.
Stud-ies?
Plural?
Ohhhhrealy?
Pretty sure youve only provided the one to which was countered to be grossly extrapolated handful of sht numbers he pulled out of his ass.

So you admit it is a poorly done study.
Great
Stop referencing it (not them) then

No, it is not clear. As far as I know, literally all the studies about defensive gun use show us otherwise. Like, literally all of them.

Name 3 studies.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 01:55:03 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #258 on: March 03, 2022, 01:52:24 AM »

You cannot say that a belief held by a third of the population is a sure sign of a mental illness. You can say it is a delusional belief, in the same sense religious beliefs may be considered delusional beliefs, but you cannot say they are psychiatric delusions.

In fact [...] you can hardly say my belief is delusional.
You can claim it is wrong [...] they can be based on poorly-done studies), but you cannot say it is delusional.

Yes, Religious zealots that go around killing people pver irrational fears is bad.

But to the "they cant all be mentally ill".
Yes
Yes they can
But ill give you that i exaggerated and no, no they arent.

a condition affecting a group of persons, characterized by excitement or anxiety, irrational behavior or beliefs, or inexplicable symptoms of illness. Also called epidemic hysteria .

What Are the Types of Psychotic Disorders?
Schizophrenia. The most common psychotic disorder is schizophrenia. ...
Schizoaffective Disorder. ...
Schizophreniform Disorder. ...
Brief Psychotic Disorder. ...
Delusional Disorder. ...
Substance-Induced Psychotic Disorder. ...
Psychotic Disorder Due to a Medical Condition. ...
Paraphrenia.

Psychosis is a symptom, not an illness, and it is more common than you may think. In the U.S., approximately 100,000 young people experience psychosis each year. As many as 3 in 100 people will have an episode at some point in their lives.

It's believed that groupthink increases as group cohesiveness increases, which may help explain the psychological phenomenon of mass hysteria.4 Also known as epidemic hysteria, mass psychogenic illness, and mass sociogenic illness, mass hysteria

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/mass-hysteria#:~:text=a%20condition%20affecting%20a%20group,Also%20called%20epidemic%20hysteria%20.

https://www.psychguides.com/psychotic-disorders/

https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Mental-Health-Conditions/Psychosis

https://www.verywellmind.com/understanding-groupthink-2671595
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 02:18:28 AM by Themightykabool »

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #259 on: March 03, 2022, 02:51:26 AM »
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #260 on: March 03, 2022, 04:23:08 AM »

From your Wiki article;

A follow-up study in 1998 by Arthur Kellermann analyzed 626 shootings in three cities. The study found that "For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #261 on: March 03, 2022, 07:52:24 AM »
Name 3 studies.
Are you kidding me? Wikipedia cites a whole bunch of them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use#Estimates_of_frequency

Wow
So of the reports, only the kleck, which previoisly discussed spouts the 2.5-3M number, "supports" your view...
While many of reports give the more reasonable <100,000 and show the other reports as suffering from small sample and extrapolation.
Did you read the article or just provided it because it was a list of reports?
In context, the requeat was for you to provide the scientific abundant fact reports.
You have failsd to do so.
Try again.

Or
Lets put in context to your sitaution.
Let us all know how much gun crime you have in your part of croaita.
Are you better off learning how to knife or improving your cardio vascular?

Well Youve admitted you want one because you want one regardless of "facts".
What gun you want?
You have a gun club you plan to join?

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #262 on: March 03, 2022, 08:31:27 AM »

From your Wiki article;

A follow-up study in 1998 by Arthur Kellermann analyzed 626 shootings in three cities. The study found that "For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides.
Doesn't the methodology of that study kind of remind you of the methodology of the study cited by Luc Montagnier that supposedly showed COVID vaccine is around 50 times more dangerous than COVID to teenagers? That study was counting COVID-19 deaths as "deaths confirmed to be from COVID, rather than with COVID", while counting deaths from vaccine as "deaths within 2 weeks from the vaccine". Sorry, but, in order for a study to be valid, you need to apply about the same rigour when counting both deaths.
And the same applies here. You do not get to count "defensive gun use" as "one in which a person would probably be dead if they had no gun" while counting every gun suicide as gun suicide, even though there is no evidence the person would not do suicide otherwise (like in Japan which has even higher suicide rate than the US despite having almost no guns).
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #263 on: March 03, 2022, 09:09:37 AM »

From your Wiki article;

Doesn't the methodology of that study kind of remind you of the methodology of the study cited by Luc Montagnier that supposedly showed COVID vaccine is around 50 times more dangerous than COVID to teenagers? That study was counting COVID-19 deaths as "deaths confirmed to be from COVID, rather than with COVID", while counting deaths from vaccine as "deaths within 2 weeks from the vaccine". Sorry, but, in order for a study to be valid, you need to apply about the same rigour when counting both deaths.
And the same applies here. You do not get to count "defensive gun use" as "one in which a person would probably be dead if they had no gun" while counting every gun suicide as gun suicide, even though there is no evidence the person would not do suicide otherwise (like in Japan which has even higher suicide rate than the US despite having almost no guns).

FlatAss. There was this clip some suicidal dumbarse live streamed in America. He was getting really angry and before the cops burst into his room he blew his head off. It was pretty messy.

I can picture if you had a gun that that would be your fate. I mean, you dont exactly seem stable

Stay away from guns man. Or actually dont. You'll knock yourself off sooner or later than not bother us with your weirdo thoughts on here anymore.

But seriously, forget about guns. You dont need one. The fact that you would have a tool that could end yours or anyone else around you life at a moments time does not make you safer from guns. If someone wanted you dead, you're dead. Gun or not. In fact, the gun probably makes you more a target for violence.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2022, 09:14:40 AM »
Like i said
Get a knife if you want.
Nunchucks if its the cool factor you want.

Also
Looks like you have a birght future in gymnastics.
Hipe to see you at the next olympics.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2022, 05:23:52 PM »
Like i said
Get a knife if you want.

Also
Who is really doing more mental gymnastics here? I think it is you, who keeps asserting that tens of thousands (actually probably hundreds of thousands) of people who claim that having a gun saved them are lying or delusional.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #266 on: March 03, 2022, 08:20:54 PM »
Like i said
Get a knife if you want.

Also
Who is really doing more mental gymnastics here? I think it is you, who keeps asserting that tens of thousands (actually probably hundreds of thousands) of people who claim that having a gun saved them are lying or delusional.

I'm guessing more people have been killed by guns than saved by guns.

« Reply #267 on: March 03, 2022, 09:06:24 PM »
Like i said
Get a knife if you want.

Also

no
you're off by magnitude - that would be 2-3M - since you believe in the higher max ceiling number vs me the lower <100,000.
and no, they're not delusional - they don't exist - becuase the only study you've been able to produce is a grossly extrpolated kleck estimate based on a small sample size and vague questionaire.

but yes
those gun nuts are delusional.
ever talk to them?
they believe that in a shoot out, they'll be all pewpewpew "i'm no victim, good guy saves the day, 2ndA all the waaaay, 'merica".
they're the armchair quarterbackers or wanna be MMA coaches who jsut know what to do more than professional cops, fighters, or military.

either way
let's talk about something more fun.
what gun you want?!

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2022, 10:59:56 PM »
Like i said
Get a knife if you want.

Also

And why do the vast majority of studies show otherwise?
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2022, 11:35:00 PM »
Like i said
Get a knife if you want.

Also

And why do the vast majority of studies show otherwise?
Why are you called FlatAss when you really should be called DumbAss

Also I'm intrigued by the question of what gun you want too

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place