War

• 3589 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: War
« Reply #3120 on: October 25, 2023, 11:58:56 AM »
It's probably counterproductive to freeing Palestine.  It reinforces the narrative that Israel is the only safe space for Jews.

A lot of the Jewish people I follow seem to be feeling that way. Or are beginning to.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3121 on: October 25, 2023, 12:06:12 PM »
Here's an interview with, well I don't know these people very well.  But the Israeli guy opens with some interesting history from the Jewish point of view where he makes the case that prior to the formation of Israel, the entire world turned on the Jews. 

Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3122 on: October 25, 2023, 12:29:37 PM »
https://abc7chicago.com/skokie-protest-ateres-ayala-solidarity-with-israel-palestinian-today/13954803/

A couple nights ago Jewish people gathered for an event and a mob of pro-Palestinian protesters showed up to scream Allahu Akbar at them.

I do not see any reports of Jewish people showing up to pro-Palestinian marches to scream at them, or pepper spray them, or threaten to kill them.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #3123 on: October 25, 2023, 01:44:04 PM »
These jokes by south park are deeply irresponsible. They threaten the fragile uneasy peace that has endured between both our nations for hundreds of years.

as an oriental and canadian i feel shafted we didn't get represented when we burned the whitehouse, bombed the harbour, and beat them in the jungle.

but i know that would've killed the flow of their joke

hahaha

Don't think we've forgotten about the bloodthirsty Canadians!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red

Ha!
So many interesting things to learn

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #3125 on: October 26, 2023, 04:25:20 AM »
Here's an interview with, well I don't know these people very well.  But the Israeli guy opens with some interesting history from the Jewish point of view where he makes the case that prior to the formation of Israel, the entire world turned on the Jews. 

I watched, sobering.

Obviously, I can’t argue with his history of the Jews but his version of what the Palestinians were thinking involves a colossal case of denial. He portrays a litany of terrorist attacks without mention that it was a country with an indigenous population that were forced from their homes and land. The huge refugee camps in Lebanon, Syria Jordan, as well as the West bank and Gaza were set up in 1948 during the Nakba, where 700,000 Arabs were expelled by the Zionist militias, wells were poisoned villages destroyed.
Look up the Lydda Death March, or the Deir Yassin massacre, which has disturbing parallels to what Hamas just did.

The pogroms he cited that happened to his people, they the Zionists repeated on the Arabs, a Jewish commander of the Israeli underground, the Palmach, said as much,
“Such pictures were known to us. It was the way things had always been done to us, in the Holocaust, throughout the world war, and all the pogroms. Oy, how well we knew those pictures. And here – here, we were doing these awful things to others. We loaded everything onto the van – with a terrible trembling of the hands. And that wasn't because of the weight. Even now my hands are shaking, just from writing about it.”

Undoubtedly a massive influx of Jews from across Europe into your homeland is going to create tension, it was by any standard an invasion, backed by Britain, what were the inhabitants going to do?

The subsequent circle of slaughter and reprisal was inevitable and both sides were guilty, both sides having god on their side, were in the right.

As to now, the atrocity of the Hamas attacks has sealed this, for Israel, Hamas has to go, and as the man says, Hamas hides beneath its population so they are to blame for the deaths of those Palestinians, echoing Ben Gurion’s words on the expulsions and killings  in Lydda and Ramla   "Those who made war on us bear responsibility after their defeat."

It’s a predictable and depressing return to a historic circle of violence, he believes they will destroy Hamas, and they may, but in years to come the children of Gaza become the next generational iterance of a century of conflict.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 06:44:29 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3126 on: October 26, 2023, 09:08:26 AM »
I'm sure there are issues with his history.  One thing that really stands out was when he describes colonizing Palestine.  He compares it to a situation in Northern Africa where the French or someone attempted to colonize Northern Africa but were pushed out through extreme terror.  Then he says this will not succeed in pushing out the Israelis because they have nowhere else to go.

There's a few obvious issues with this line of thinking.  It makes it look like the Jews are homeless people who believe that just by being homeless they're entitled to steal someone's house.  And if the people who already live there object then they're being antisemitic.

The other issue is it's not 1940 anymore.  Jews would probably be safer and more prosperous just moving to the US or Europe.

But still it's an interesting view through the Israeli mindset.  I think the holocaust has left some terrible damage on the collective psyche of these people.  To illustrate this here's where we're at;

Hamas kills 1400 Israeli civilians.  Israel's defenses are now up.  This number hasn't increased.  There's no real urgency here.

Israel's response has been to slowly kill everyone in Gaza by cutting off food water and electricity while quickly killing off a lot of people by tossing bombs at any building they think might have hamas in it.  To date this strategy has killed 13 terrorists while also killing around 7,000 civilians.

If anyone in the public sphere points this out then they are grouped together with the people supporting hamas, accused of blood libel and the Israeli government will demand they resign and apologize.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3127 on: October 26, 2023, 09:59:00 AM »
Based on how Jews are being treated right now, I doubt they feel safer moving to the US or the UK or even Canada.

Also, I think you're skipping over the parts of history where the Jews were expelled from every place they moved to after being expelled from Israel in the first place. Humans have a long history of displacing people and stealing their land and homes. Usually the dispossessed assimilate into the new place, but for some reason this never happened with the Jews (or the Palestinian refugees living in Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan). I honestly do not understand why racism against Jews has persisted for so long, or why it could have been so bad that they were rounded up and put in camps and murdered in the millions. Of course the Holocaust has damaged their psyche! I mean, there are still people alive today who lived through it. Not to mention, the Jews have remembrance holidays for the times they were slaughtered and driven out of different places. It's like part of their culture to be unwelcome in other places. I suppose it all being wrapped up in religion does not help either side. The Palestinians are the new Amalekites! If someone can hold Moses' hands up long enough, Joshua will defeat them!

AND ANOTHER ALSO, if there have been 7,000 people killed in Gaza since Hamas raped, tortured, and murdered a thousand Israelis, how many of them were killed by Hamas and their shitty rockets? Why should Israel supply food, fuel, and water to Hamas? Maybe Iran should do it, since they seem to have had a hand in the attack that kicked this whole thing off again.

I've just read an article about Jewish settlers attacking Palestinians in the West Bank. Israel needs to get control of those people. I think they have been a big part of the reason there has never been a peaceful end to the conflict prior to Oct 7th. https://apnews.com/article/biden-west-bank-settlers-israel-hamas-war-0a2f38878720c962a20d9286315cde94

« Reply #3128 on: October 26, 2023, 10:37:21 AM »
I don't care what country or religion they are, I am on the side of the women and children who were kidnapped, raped, and murdered. Fuck those fuckers. I hope they are strung up by their dicks.

Try explaining that to Globalist demons (mostly insane Liberals)

I rest my case!

« Reply #3129 on: October 26, 2023, 10:40:27 AM »
Ummm... Israel is at WAR! Which those disgusting evil Hamas started! Who have no regard for human life, and use Palestinians as human shields! They butchered innocent civilians! They did not know any laws of war because they are terrorist animals! I mean.....hello!?

This is not the same as a nation like USA sending special forces to take out evil terrorists! Israel have said that they are fighting for their survival! Do I need to remind insane Liberals and fake racist CONservatives what happens in Wars?

And now that evil Devil worshipper Erdogan is condoning what his peace loving brothers have done! A head of a State! A fucking Nato member State! You see how insane these globalists are? Russia and China have made similar statements nearly condoning it too! They will do anything for political gains, but with Turkey its different! There is real true hatred in there statements, its Biblical!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3130 on: October 26, 2023, 11:53:15 AM »

« Reply #3131 on: October 26, 2023, 11:57:00 AM »
Jewish folks thrived when living in Germany.  Why not concede the concept of Israel has failed and send all who identify as Jewish back to Germany.   DNA tests?  The way it's going with the Western 'two-state' we may be forced to breathe nuclear dust.   

"Before the Nazi takeover of power in 1933, Germany had a thriving Jewish population with strong community organizations. Jews had lived in Germany since Roman times. They were well integrated into German society—they spoke the language, identified with the nationality, and worked alongside non-Jews."

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3132 on: October 26, 2023, 11:59:35 AM »
Based on how Jews are being treated right now, I doubt they feel safer moving to the US or the UK or even Canada.

Also, I think you're skipping over the parts of history where the Jews were expelled from every place they moved to after being expelled from Israel in the first place. Humans have a long history of displacing people and stealing their land and homes. Usually the dispossessed assimilate into the new place, but for some reason this never happened with the Jews (or the Palestinian refugees living in Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan). I honestly do not understand why racism against Jews has persisted for so long, or why it could have been so bad that they were rounded up and put in camps and murdered in the millions. Of course the Holocaust has damaged their psyche! I mean, there are still people alive today who lived through it. Not to mention, the Jews have remembrance holidays for the times they were slaughtered and driven out of different places. It's like part of their culture to be unwelcome in other places. I suppose it all being wrapped up in religion does not help either side. The Palestinians are the new Amalekites! If someone can hold Moses' hands up long enough, Joshua will defeat them!

AND ANOTHER ALSO, if there have been 7,000 people killed in Gaza since Hamas raped, tortured, and murdered a thousand Israelis, how many of them were killed by Hamas and their shitty rockets? Why should Israel supply food, fuel, and water to Hamas? Maybe Iran should do it, since they seem to have had a hand in the attack that kicked this whole thing off again.

I've just read an article about Jewish settlers attacking Palestinians in the West Bank. Israel needs to get control of those people. I think they have been a big part of the reason there has never been a peaceful end to the conflict prior to Oct 7th. https://apnews.com/article/biden-west-bank-settlers-israel-hamas-war-0a2f38878720c962a20d9286315cde94

It might seem like a threatening time for Jews but objectively, no country in North America has come close to killing 1400 Jews in one day.

There's always a land that was taken from someone else at some point in history.  I try to think about claims to land in terms of what works the best moving forward.  Native Americans taking back the land we stole from them might be fair in some ways but it's not going to improve anyone's situation.

I'm puzzled by racism against Jews as well.  I have a theory, probably an ill informed, that in the past Jewish culture was more resistant to assimilation than other cultures.  But it's not a great theory based on what I've seen in the US.  There's a lot of groups that come to this country.  They all compromise their culture to a degree to assimilate here.  Jews don't seem any better or worse at assimilating in the US as far as I can tell.

Let's be clear about who Israel's actions here hurt.  They're hurting Palestinians.  Hamas is in underground fortified tunnels waiting this out.  They control the remaining stocks of food and supplies.  They're going to be the last ones that starve to death.  This doesn't make Israel safer.  This is inflicting pain on a civilian population because revenge feels good. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3133 on: October 26, 2023, 12:36:34 PM »

Okay, I know this is Russell Brand, but I keep seeing a clip from this on Twitter, so I decided to look it up and watch the whole thing. Russell Brand does an introduction, but then Gabor Maté does all the talking without interruption. I have to admit, this is changing my thoughts on the subject. He explains the dream of an Israeli state after the Holocaust, how he was a Zionist when he was a teenager, and why he stopped being a Zionist. He talks about how terrible the occupation has been for Palestinians, how unjust it has been.

"Every time there is a conflict, Israel mows the lawn." He talks about the mass murder of Palestinian civilians and how Israel calls it "mowing the lawn".

Even though this one video has moved me to be more understanding of the Palestinians, I don't know what they should do. The damage has been done, the Palestinians have been displaced. What can they do going forward? There is no way the Israelis are going to give up Israel. There is no way Israel (or any other country, for that matter) would look the other way after an attack like the one on Oct 7th, but they have to stop at some point. I see people saying if Hamas would stop shooting rockets into Israel, then Israel would stop bombing Gaza. Who could call a ceasefire? How long would that last before there is another attack? (I know, there is no answer to my questions)

Lorddave

« Reply #3134 on: October 26, 2023, 02:14:32 PM »
That whole area is a dumpsterfire of ancient claims and eye for an eye justice.

History happened.  Israel got remade in a very bad way for good intentions.  But it relied on ancient history claims long since overwritten.  And now you have two groups, both feeling justified in living on a small patch of dirt due to history fighting eachother for dominance and killing eachother everytime someone gets killed.  This conflict will only end one of two ways:

One group is wiped out.
Both groups become homeless. (Ie. The land is poisoned)

As for why Jews are attacked, I think I understand:

Jews are very insular.  They don't like mixing.  Especially orthadox jews.  This is partly because of the long list of rules they need to follow.  Its not easy loving in a house with someone who doesn't follow the same rules.

So that creates some distrust.
Then you have the challenge to christians bit.
How can you not believe Jesus is God's Son?  He was one of you!  He was a Jew!  All Jews should have become christians! 

So yeah, christians have a subconscious hate for Jews.  And guess who took over all of Europe?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3135 on: October 26, 2023, 05:34:54 PM »
https://x.com/StopAntisemites/status/1717230780751950164?s=20

NYU happening now - students are spotted holding up a Nazi era antisemitic signs wanting to rid the world of the Jews.

We have no words.

Young people holding signs that say "please keep the world clean" with a drawing of a trashcan with the Star of David in it. In NYC, I think.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3136 on: October 26, 2023, 10:51:54 PM »

Okay, I know this is Russell Brand, but I keep seeing a clip from this on Twitter, so I decided to look it up and watch the whole thing. Russell Brand does an introduction, but then Gabor Maté does all the talking without interruption. I have to admit, this is changing my thoughts on the subject. He explains the dream of an Israeli state after the Holocaust, how he was a Zionist when he was a teenager, and why he stopped being a Zionist. He talks about how terrible the occupation has been for Palestinians, how unjust it has been.

"Every time there is a conflict, Israel mows the lawn." He talks about the mass murder of Palestinian civilians and how Israel calls it "mowing the lawn".

Even though this one video has moved me to be more understanding of the Palestinians, I don't know what they should do. The damage has been done, the Palestinians have been displaced. What can they do going forward? There is no way the Israelis are going to give up Israel. There is no way Israel (or any other country, for that matter) would look the other way after an attack like the one on Oct 7th, but they have to stop at some point. I see people saying if Hamas would stop shooting rockets into Israel, then Israel would stop bombing Gaza. Who could call a ceasefire? How long would that last before there is another attack? (I know, there is no answer to my questions)

I don't know if I want to watch a Russel Brand video where he agrees with me.  But a stuck clock is ight twice a day.

Here's my totally unrealistic plan.

Israel builds concentration camps, okay hear me out, like nice concentration camps with bouncy houses and free food. 

Israel moves all Gazans into these "fun camps".  At the same time they're also trying to filter out Hamas.

Then once the civilians are in the "fun camps".  Then go in strong.  Frame things as though you're on Palestine's side and you're liberating them from Hamas.

And then declare the land to be The United States of America!

Yes, I know there are issiues with this plan but it's better than what they're doing now.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #3137 on: October 27, 2023, 02:01:15 AM »
Just checking in to see if anyone has made the connections between Russia --> Iran --> Hamas as yet?   Seems obvious from inside my information bubble.

The response will probably be US-->Israel--> Decapitate Iranian leadership.

Don't forget the Saudi's hatred for Iran, but unknown how that factors into the calculatons.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3138 on: October 27, 2023, 06:29:43 AM »
Hey Rayzor! I do think there has been a Russia connection, but now I don't remember where I saw it. I'm sure Russia is loving that our attention has been taken away from Ukraine.

Crouton, Russell Brand is a kook, but he says lots of things you would agree with if you get past the hippie Jesus thing. lol Anyway, if you watch the video you can skip the very beginning and just listen to Gabor Maté. He really does speak for about 15 minutes with no interruption from Brand, except once when he asked if he was talking too much and Brand says something like -no, go on- and then he goes back to talking. Brand doesn't even ask him questions, and they're not in the same room, so you don't see Brand's face for most of the video. Then at the end, Brand says something for about a minute, which you can also skip. 

Oh, and I was thinking about almost the same thing yesterday, well I wasn't calling it nice concentration camps in my imagination! They should build proper cities for the Palestinians, with proper infrastructure. Maybe where the Israeli settlers keep trying to build in the West Bank. Replant their olive groves. Build mosques for them. Build schools, hospitals, and homes for them. Ask the other wealthy countries for help, allow the displaced Palestinians to come back.

I think there may be too many in the world who love war for there to be peace. I can still dream about it. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3139 on: October 28, 2023, 01:17:05 PM »
Well this is interesting. Someone on the internet sleuthed the source of the articles written about  the hospital bombing. Seems it was a tweet from Al Jazeera. https://www.silentlunch.net/p/did-the-entire-media-industry-misquote 

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #3140 on: October 28, 2023, 02:26:35 PM »

A younger Israeli Journalists on DDN

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #3141 on: October 28, 2023, 07:15:44 PM »

Watch this video Jura and wake up

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3142 on: October 28, 2023, 10:54:11 PM »
Hey Rayzor! I do think there has been a Russia connection, but now I don't remember where I saw it. I'm sure Russia is loving that our attention has been taken away from Ukraine.

Crouton, Russell Brand is a kook, but he says lots of things you would agree with if you get past the hippie Jesus thing. lol Anyway, if you watch the video you can skip the very beginning and just listen to Gabor Maté. He really does speak for about 15 minutes with no interruption from Brand, except once when he asked if he was talking too much and Brand says something like -no, go on- and then he goes back to talking. Brand doesn't even ask him questions, and they're not in the same room, so you don't see Brand's face for most of the video. Then at the end, Brand says something for about a minute, which you can also skip. 

Oh, and I was thinking about almost the same thing yesterday, well I wasn't calling it nice concentration camps in my imagination! They should build proper cities for the Palestinians, with proper infrastructure. Maybe where the Israeli settlers keep trying to build in the West Bank. Replant their olive groves. Build mosques for them. Build schools, hospitals, and homes for them. Ask the other wealthy countries for help, allow the displaced Palestinians to come back.

I think there may be too many in the world who love war for there to be peace. I can still dream about it.

Oh it must have been killing him to stay quiet that long. 

An interesting video.  I'm kind of curious about the follow up from the other side.

And of course we have to have Elon Musk inject himself into international politics.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/28/musk-says-starlink-will-support-connectivity-to-aid-organizations-in-gaza-00124090

I'm not convinced this has much to do with Elon.  I think it's probably international organizations buying Starlink for Gaza with Elon taking the credit but I could be wrong but that's another story.

I should emphasize, this is for aid organizations.  The people that are trying to keep civilians from dying.

Israel's response:  fuck Elon and the horse he rode in on.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1718327010831835577

It's almost as if Israel doesn't want people to know what's going on inside Gaza.

God I wish D1 were here so I didn't have to do the dirty work of defending Palestentinans.

Lorddave

« Reply #3143 on: October 29, 2023, 01:04:27 AM »
Its not dirty work.
Hammas is a bastard but i'm fairly certain most palistinians are decent folks who have been fed enough propoganda and actual explosions to have finally snapped.  Oppress people enough (real or imaginative) and they'll stop feeling empathy for the oppressor (and those who follow them)
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3144 on: October 29, 2023, 06:17:37 AM »
https://x.com/afnanullahkh/status/1718129627527323814?s=20
At least now the world know, why he did, what he did
#Gaza_Genicide

The tweet has an image of Hitler. I think this guy is a senator in Pakistan.

I read in the WSJ that because of the blockade there probably aren't any Starlink terminals in Gaza. I don't know if the aid groups are bringing them in, or if they're even allowed to do it.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3145 on: October 29, 2023, 09:00:53 AM »

No one here is defending Hamas.  Try to keep up.

« Reply #3146 on: October 29, 2023, 11:14:10 AM »

No one here is defending Hamas.  Try to keep up.
Well thank fuck for that! I feel better now. But I'm still sceptimactical.

Don't you see that this world has lost its glory? How can we start a brand new story?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3147 on: October 29, 2023, 11:49:24 AM »
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-770738

Local residents in Makhachkala in the Russian Republic of Dagestan stormed an airport in the city in an attempt to attack any Jews who arrived on a flight from Tel Aviv on Sunday, according to reports from Russian media.

Footage reportedly from the scene shared on local Telegram channels showed rioters chanting “Allahu Akbar” and stopping cars in order to check the documents of passengers to ensure they were not Israeli or Jewish.

The rioters could also be seen carrying Palestinian flags while running through the airport and even rioters reaching planes on the runway. Russian security forces were not recorded to have intervened amid the violence.

In Khasavyurt, also located in Dagestan, rioters gathered at a hotel where Israelis who had fled the fighting were reported to be staying, with some of the rioters entering the hotel and only leaving after ensuring that no Israelis were in the hotel.

The “ChP Dagestan” Telegram channel reported that the riots in Khasavyurt began after “a person resembling an Israeli citizen” was seen walking near the hotel.

The videos are being posted on Twitter. https://x.com/maria_avdv/status/1718695779463016882?s=20

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3148 on: October 29, 2023, 11:53:18 AM »
https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1718696622698135612?s=20

A Russian Pilot telling Passengers on a Plane at Makhachkala International Airport in Dagestan to not attempt to Open any of the Doors due to the Rioters on the Tarmac which are trying to enter the Aircraft.

There's video under the tweet.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3149 on: October 29, 2023, 12:12:38 PM »
Lordy!  I think the antisemitism is a bit worse there than here.  Or maybe our air travel laws are so strict that no one would attempt that knowing they'd probably be charged with terrorism.