War

• 3622 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: War
« Reply #3030 on: October 11, 2023, 01:57:02 PM »
I did, it's paywalled and I can't figure out how to add Wired to my paywall bypasser because FF has banned it from their site and I had to go through gitlab and I don't understand. lol Maybe I should learn to code!

Well, I could read the beginning of the article. It was quite hilarious that they call $8 a month "expensive" when they probably pay for several monthly subscriptions so they can watch tv shows. Also, the notion that journalists couldn't find reliable information on Twitter... wtf did journalists do before Twitter existed? They're so mad they don't control everything now. Learn to code, mofos.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3031 on: October 11, 2023, 02:09:03 PM »
Sweet, I found the archive https://archive.ph/9tj0f 

It does not surprise me that this sort of article appeals to people. They make it sound like OSINT researchers are very important people, when they could be your unwashed cousin sitting at his computer playing vidya.  Pay the $8 OSINT researchers. lol

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #3032 on: October 11, 2023, 02:53:56 PM »
Are we considered osint?

"Do your own research"

Antivasker qanonsense memers count?

Everyones a researcher!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3033 on: October 11, 2023, 03:23:54 PM »
EXACTLY! Every internet sleuth is an OSINT researcher, even if they don't know it. People in govt intelligence are also OSINT researchers, which makes calling yourself an OSINT researcher seem very important.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3034 on: October 11, 2023, 04:27:42 PM »
https://x.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1711928827318866331?s=20

We’re in a religious war and I unapologetically Stand with Israel.

We are NOT in a religious war. We are not Israel.  >:(

« Reply #3035 on: October 11, 2023, 05:27:25 PM »
The some evangelicals wanted trump to be the antichrist actively trying ti make a self fullfilling prophsey.

The other way mentality is always side with the 'chosen people'

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #3036 on: October 12, 2023, 12:54:05 AM »

You forgot to add the "Level the place." bit.

This knee jerk rhetoric by supposedly smart people just adds fuel to the fires.

We didn’t have a particularly good record in dealing with the Irish during the “troubles”, but when the IRA were bombing pubs, shopping centres, murdering members of the royal family and attempting to wipe out the Tories at their conference, we didn’t Air strike the Shankill and Crumlin Road, because the IRA wasn’t the whole of the Irish people.
Many of them were supporters, a lot weren’t, with a whole load of them wishing it just wasn’t happening to them. And it became apparent that those that saw their family die in revenge killings were the ones likely to pick up weapons and come right back at you.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Lorddave

« Reply #3037 on: October 12, 2023, 02:41:00 AM »

We didn’t have a particularly good record in dealing with the Irish during the “troubles”, but when the IRA were bombing pubs, shopping centres, murdering members of the royal family and attempting to wipe out the Tories at their conference, we didn’t Air strike the Shankill and Crumlin Road, because the IRA wasn’t the whole of the Irish people.
Many of them were supporters, a lot weren’t, with a whole load of them wishing it just wasn’t happening to them. And it became apparent that those that saw their family die in revenge killings were the ones likely to pick up weapons and come right back at you.

Which is the point if genocide: to ensure there's no one to do revenge killing.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3038 on: October 12, 2023, 07:40:40 AM »

It's an exact copy of the tweet. If I added the "level the place" bit it would be disinformation!

I wonder how differently the "troubles" would have played out if the IRA livestreamed their attacks. Being able to see the atrocities as they happened (or video of them) makes people way more outraged. It is very different to watch video, than it is to see still images of the aftermath. I think it activates some primordial instincts. I tried to analyze my reactions to some of the footage I saw, for example the woman who was taken from the back of a vehicle, her hands were tied behind her back, and when she was turned away from the camera and you could see the seat of her pants were covered in blood, I had an instant physical reaction, an instant recognition of what had been done to her, and I wanted revenge on her behalf.

I also wonder how this reaction differs. The people marching around saying stuff like "this is what decolonization looks like" are usually steeped in critical theory. They are some of the same people who say things like "words are violence" and campaign to get people fired for comments they disagree with. Most of them have never experienced any sort of real violence. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I do understand why people from the region are celebrating the attack. I know some of them do think of this as a religious war, some of them think of it as justice for the mistreatment of Palestinians. Some of them have adopted the weird Western lingo of critical theory, because you will hear some of them mention decolonization, but I think that is a cynical tactic. They understand how to play the game. I mean, they're not going to tell the purple haired "queers for Palestine" that they'd be tossed off a building!

« Reply #3039 on: October 12, 2023, 07:58:51 AM »
Hammas is wrong.
And israel can also be wrong.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3040 on: October 12, 2023, 08:09:20 AM »
Hammas is wrong.
And israel can also be wrong.

Negative! You must pick one or the other.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3041 on: October 12, 2023, 08:19:49 AM »

Yeah, I know Spacey, I get the anger and saw the video and if that was all you knew about the whole thing then vengeance seems appropriate. Even if you do know about it and they’re your people, then the same, and again, nothing that has gone before validates what those people did to her, the babies, any of it.
All I’m saying is that applies to the response, if we encourage the baser urges of our nature then bloodbath after bloodbath is the future.

(And in the clip I saw of him he very much finishes with Level the Place.)

« Reply #3042 on: October 12, 2023, 08:22:46 AM »
LGraham is such a POS

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3043 on: October 12, 2023, 08:25:58 AM »
Through all this, I haven't really seen anyone with a solution. Also, now I'm seeing videos of things that come off as propaganda, and I do not trust it. For example, earlier I saw a video of Hamas making rockets out of water pipes, and it is implied that this is why Gaza doesn't have reliable water supply. I also saw a video that said Hamas takes the foreign aid sent to Gaza and keeps it for themselves. Such as when NGOs send food aid, Hamas takes it and sells it on the black market. I wish I knew what is true.

Lorddave

« Reply #3044 on: October 12, 2023, 08:57:48 AM »
Through all this, I haven't really seen anyone with a solution. Also, now I'm seeing videos of things that come off as propaganda, and I do not trust it. For example, earlier I saw a video of Hamas making rockets out of water pipes, and it is implied that this is why Gaza doesn't have reliable water supply. I also saw a video that said Hamas takes the foreign aid sent to Gaza and keeps it for themselves. Such as when NGOs send food aid, Hamas takes it and sells it on the black market. I wish I knew what is true.

At this point, I'm not sure there is any good solution.  Both sides are so entenched and covered in blood that they only want the complete subjugation/destruction of the other side.

Personally, I think the whole area should be made unlivable.  Israel and Palestine.  Threaten to make the whole place unlivable for centuries.  See if they unite to stop you.  Maybe they will. 

Or just remove both governments and place the whole area as one nation, under a joint council, and neutral to the rest of the world.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #3045 on: October 12, 2023, 08:57:52 AM »
rockets out of water pipes?
nonsense.
these aren't IEDs.
they're getting real weapons supposedly from iran.

hamas isn't funded by the gaza residents who have nothing
they don't even operate HQ out of palestine
if there is a good/ trade blockade and hamas is facilitating the smuggling then it's not really stealing.
it's a 'tax'.
but if gaza has no economony it's taxing/ stealing from the donators, not the receivers.

being patriarcal, militants may claim dibs but then look at population ratios
how many can soldiers take and hoard in one place?
impossible

it's all propaganda
"the jews own the media" (i assume says the MTG, the nazi)

« Reply #3046 on: October 12, 2023, 08:58:44 AM »

At this point, I'm not sure there is any good solution.  Both sides are so entenched and covered in blood that they only want the complete subjugation/destruction of the other side.

Personally, I think the whole area should be made unlivable.  Israel and Palestine.  Threaten to make the whole place unlivable for centuries.  See if they unite to stop you.  Maybe they will. 

Or just remove both governments and place the whole area as one nation, under a joint council, and neutral to the rest of the world.

impossible when one's temple sits on the other's temple

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3047 on: October 12, 2023, 09:00:22 AM »

Kick them all out, turn it into a theme park, only allow those willing to operate the rides come back in!

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3048 on: October 12, 2023, 09:05:58 AM »

There isn’t any solution in the short term, America must play the grown up here, they are the ones with the purse strings for Israel, it’s their jets that are pounding Gaza.

And Hamas are bastards, but the Israeli’s have cut all food, water and supplies to Gaza and all that will do is starve the innocent because Hamas will be the last to have nothing to eat, they are a fanatical sect with god on their side, but so is the Religious Zionist Party.

It’s easy to forget that there is no parity in strength here. Like you said, Hamas are making rocket systems out of water pipes, Israel is bombing with state-of-the-art US warplanes.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3049 on: October 12, 2023, 09:34:01 AM »
Now a video of a former leader of Hamas is exploding on the internet. He is saying Friday the 13th is a global day of jihad. Once again, I am getting Hunger Games vibes. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3050 on: October 12, 2023, 10:12:56 AM »

Hunger Games vibe turned up to eleven.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #3051 on: October 12, 2023, 02:01:45 PM »
A good sumary and debate if anyone is interested.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3052 on: October 13, 2023, 06:11:37 PM »
How was your Global Day of Jihad Rage? I don't think anything happened here in Floridaland. I did think it was really weird the local news had already got the memo not to say "jihad" by the 11pm broadcast last night.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3053 on: October 13, 2023, 06:18:56 PM »
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/111227757334931877

THE ATTACK ON ISRAEL WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED, ZERO CHANCE, IF THE ELECTION OF 2020 WAS NOT RIGGED AND STOLLEN. IT SHOWS THE WORLD HOW IMPORTANT ELECTIONS ARE. IRAN WAS BROKE AND TALKING, NOW THEY ARE RICH AND WATCHING, WAITING TO MAKE THEIR MOVE, AND IT WILL BE A BIG ONE! HOW COULD CROOKED JOE BIDEN, THE WORST AND MOST INCOMPETENT PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES, ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN? WE WENT FROM THE ABRAHAM ACCORDS AND PEACE, TO UNPRECEDENTED DEATH AND DESTRUCTION. NEVERTHELESS, THIS BIG AND VERY DANGEROUS PROBLEM IS SOLVABLE. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

The stollen election!

Lorddave

« Reply #3054 on: October 13, 2023, 10:21:01 PM »
Of course he would.
>_>

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3055 on: October 14, 2023, 05:23:12 AM »
https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/10/12/israel-white-phosphorus-used-gaza-lebanon

White phosphorus, aka murder sparkles.  Kind of a shame it was used during the day.  It's very pretty at night as seen here

Israel denies this.  HRW seems credible though, https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/human-rights-watch/.  It could be a misunderstanding.  But it wouldn't be the first time they hit Gaza with it.  Perhaps they've upgraded to smart murder sparkles which only kill terrorists.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/people-in-gaza-describe-living-through-bombings-with-no-way-to-escape

More bombs dropped on Gaza in a week than we used on Afghanistan in a year, wow!  Senator Lindsey Graham is getting his wish.

I am very skeptical that Israel is making a reasonable effort to not kill civilians.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3056 on: October 14, 2023, 10:18:47 PM »
How was your Global Day of Jihad Rage? I don't think anything happened here in Floridaland. I did think it was really weird the local news had already got the memo not to say "jihad" by the 11pm broadcast last night.

My brother calls me up, asks me to loan him a few hundred dollars for groceries'. 

I ask him what's up?

He tells me that he's been so concerned about global day of jihad rage that he had to defend himself.  Here it meant using food stamp money to wrap fucking bacon on the door knobs of the place where he lives(which I own btw). to keep these imaginary muslims out.

Do you see what I have to put up with these people?

Lorddave

« Reply #3057 on: October 14, 2023, 11:04:02 PM »

My brother calls me up, asks me to loan him a few hundred dollars for groceries'. 

I ask him what's up?

He tells me that he's been so concerned about global day of jihad rage that he had to defend himself.  Here it meant using food stamp money to wrap fucking bacon on the door knobs of the place where he lives(which I own btw). to keep these imaginary muslims out.

Do you see what I have to put up with these people?
Did you explain how they can touch bacon, just not eat it?

Also: how the fuck do you spend that much on bacon?

« Reply #3058 on: October 15, 2023, 03:35:40 AM »
Is your brother a moron?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3059 on: October 15, 2023, 06:19:13 AM »
I hope he also remembered to put bacon on the windows. YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL.