War

• 3589 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: War
« Reply #2910 on: June 24, 2023, 01:31:32 PM »
I saw a tweet that sort of implies he's getting sanctuary in Belarus.  If so then it still doesn't sound like a win for him.  Lukashenko can't even keep himself safe in Belarus.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #2911 on: June 24, 2023, 01:54:08 PM »
As good as dead, but that won’t save Putin from the humiliation.  I wonder China are thinking about their strategic partnership now?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2912 on: June 24, 2023, 04:24:49 PM »
As good as dead, but that won’t save Putin from the humiliation.

Maybe, maybe not.  There is some speculation that the whole thing might have been a false flag operation to make Putin look weaker than he really is.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/classic-false-flag-analyst-on-fox-news-says-putin-orchestrated-wagner-coup-to-make-biden-think-russias-no-threat/
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #2913 on: June 24, 2023, 05:38:07 PM »
false flag operation

Russia dominates in Chess.  4D Chess.

About a week ago the screens told us Putin placed tactical nukes in Belarus.   

Today the screens tell us a man made a move on Putin and the same man was forgiven then sent to Belarus.  Was Prigozhin ever an advocate of using nukes?  Next steps would be to declare Martial Law in Russia and send everyone to the tunnels claiming Prigozhin is about to nuke.  After the citizens are safe, nuke London.   Total war.   

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2914 on: June 24, 2023, 05:41:06 PM »
Well that was weird,  Wagner just evaporated like mist and became the Russian regular army?   Something doesn't add up.

UK Defence Intelligence Reports are usually sober cautious strategic evaluations of the Ukraine situation....  not today evidently.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 05:53:16 PM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2915 on: June 24, 2023, 06:30:56 PM »
Information is still hazy but the narrative I'm hearing is that involving Lukashenko was just a face saving move.  Putin caved to Prigozhin's demands.  Specifically not absorbing Wagner and allowing them to leave Ukraine and go back to waging war in Africa which is a lot more profitable.  I've heard Putin also agreed to remove Shoigu.

Again this is far from confirmed but it makes sense.

« Reply #2916 on: June 25, 2023, 12:14:57 AM »

Maybe, maybe not.  There is some speculation that the whole thing might have been a false flag operation to make Putin look weaker than he really is.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/classic-false-flag-analyst-on-fox-news-says-putin-orchestrated-wagner-coup-to-make-biden-think-russias-no-threat/

Seriously? 

Much gushing over Putin and Prigozhin there.

Prigozhin not only accused the military leadership of incompetence and deliberately attacking his own men, he also said the justification for the whole war was based on lies.

This is the “hero” of the pro war propagandists, who sent an armored column baring their beloved Z symbol straight towards Moscow.  Putin declared them traitors and promised to crush them.  Shortly after, he fled Moscow and then cut a deal to basically let them off the hook and return to their bases. 

That’s very far from a “classic false flag”, where you make it look like your enemies have attacked you.  Where you can rally support against them and present yourself as a strong leader.

Why would Putin make it look like Russia’s most effective ground forces, with a huge amount of support with the public and military had turned on his own government?  Why give Ukraine forces a huge moral boost while sowing confusion in his own ranks?  Why undermine his own authority in Russia and in the eyes of his allies?

To look weaker than he really is to Biden and Zelenskiy?  Ridiculous.  It doesn’t just make him look weaker, it has made him weaker.  Not to mention that NATO would consider a desperate Putin as at least as much if not more of a threat than a secure Putin.  It’s Russia’s enormous nuclear arsenal that worries NATO, with good reason.

Putin has always been about projecting an image of strength and being in complete unassailable control of the country.  No way he would deliberately wreck that image with a fake attempted coup by Russia’s “heroes”.

It’s neither a “classic false flag” nor “classic Putin”.  It would be the complete opposite of both.

I’m sure he also likes the the myth many have of him being a strategic genius who can outmaneuver everyone else.  Seems some people are still clinging to that myth in spite of all the recent evidence.

Or more likely just plugging her book for the Putin fanboys, with Fox more than happy to oblige.  LOL.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 12:19:56 AM by Unconvinced »

« Reply #2917 on: June 25, 2023, 03:12:33 AM »

That's an incredibly stupid take.

Koffler, an intelligence analyst, claimed during a long-winded nine-minute rant on Fox News that Putin orchestrated the coup to boost his political power in the Russia.
Boost his political power by looking like a little bitch in front of the whole world?  The way you take and maintain power in Russia is my looking strong, not weak.  You have to be a siloviki to rule over anyone.  If Putin had been in on this plot he wouldn't have given a shaky speech referencing the 1917 disaster, than ran off to hide in a bunker in St Petersburg.  He'd have been riding round Moscow in a T34 and making Braveheart speeches from the roof of the Kremlin.

It actually looks like a plot from an elite cabal to fatally weaken Putin, without pulling the trigger on a full civil war.  He has elections in March and my guess is by then he'll have been persuaded to retire to his dacha to make pickles and bathtub vodka.
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

« Reply #2918 on: June 25, 2023, 06:24:21 AM »
When a “news” program brings on an “expert” who says “you can read all about this in my book”, it’s probably time to set scepticism to max.

« Reply #2919 on: June 25, 2023, 07:18:49 AM »
Fox news as a source?
Psssh

Meanwhile in canada news.

Look for my comment!

« Reply #2920 on: June 26, 2023, 05:33:05 PM »
Anyone thinking that all this shenanigans could be some sort of psyop are overestimating the intelligence of Ruskies!

What has been going on is simply Slavs being Slavs (Slaves)! Dont think deep about it.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2921 on: June 26, 2023, 06:09:30 PM »
The latest analysis seems to be that Prigozhin made a Hail Mary for Moscow hoping that the regular army would join in with him.  Apparently he's been huffing his own farts too much and that didn't happen.

I expect him to have a window related accident before the end of the year.

« Reply #2922 on: June 27, 2023, 04:12:17 AM »
The latest analysis seems to be that Prigozhin made a Hail Mary for Moscow hoping that the regular army would join in with him.  Apparently he's been huffing his own farts too much and that didn't happen.
I don't think it was ever a serious coup attempt, more like an armed rebellion.  Did he ever really think he'd be sipping tea in the Kremlin while world leaders rang him up to congratulate him on his success?

My bit of speculation is that he had other powerful elite with him and they achieved what they wanted to achieve - to weaken and destabilise Putin without an actual civil war.  Who the fuck knows though?

Putin looks incredibly weak now though, his speech said nothing and was obviously a big shrug and a "well, that's all over lets not mention it again".   
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2923 on: June 27, 2023, 04:33:26 AM »
Maybe one day we will know the real reasons,  but my best guess is that the decision had already been made to disband Wagner,  so Prigozhin was facing the dissolution of his private army
The march on Moscow was just a bargaining ploy to be able to get a negoitating position for Wagner to survive in some form or other. 

The repeated attacks on the Russian MOD was just the trigger for Wagner to be disbanded.  He could have just shut up.

What happens now is a bit more unclear,  there is talk that Wagner will be responsible for looking after Lukashenko's nukes......

A nuclear armed Wagner is not a pleasant prospect,  I would prefer they stick to sledgehammers.

« Reply #2924 on: June 27, 2023, 04:35:30 AM »
I bet Lukashenko is already sick of having Prigozhin staying round his place.  Keeps leaving coffee cup rings on the table and not opening the window to smoke. Regrets letting him have the spare room now.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2925 on: June 27, 2023, 05:25:31 AM »
I bet Lukashenko is already sick of having Prigozhin staying round his place.  Keeps leaving coffee cup rings on the table and not opening the window to smoke. Regrets letting him have the spare room now.

LOL,  Just curious, how come your post count got frozen at 711,  did you perchance purchase a flat earth 711 franchise operation?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2926 on: June 27, 2023, 06:17:24 AM »

Definitely the foundation of a hit reality TV show. 

« Reply #2927 on: June 27, 2023, 09:07:39 AM »
Belarus is the north flank.   

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2928 on: June 27, 2023, 09:13:22 AM »
Unlikely. If it were practical for Belarus to join in the war then they would have done so by now. Lukashenko is more afraid of his own people than he is of Putin.

« Reply #2929 on: June 27, 2023, 11:18:30 AM »

Definitely the foundation of a hit reality TV show.
I always like to think about what some of these nutters are like in their downtime, if they have any. 

I have this image of Lukashenko coming home from a busy day doing whatever it is that he does all day (digging up carrots?) and Prigozhin is just lying back on the couch in his boxer shorts and an old Nirvana t-shirt,  playing Diablo with a joint hanging out of his mouth.  Lukashenko starts fussing and opening windows, then goes to the fridge and find all the milk has gone and he is just fuming.    He's on the phone to Putin "I'm doing you a favour here, how long is dickhead staying??  He could at least go out for the milk!"

Also, is my post count stuck on 711 - let's find out!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2930 on: June 28, 2023, 05:26:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1673803622142836737?s=20

1/ A serving FSB officer and two lightly armed furries were among supporters of the Wagner Group who went out with their own weapons on the streets of Moscow on 24 June. All three were arrested before they could join the Wagnerites.

4/ The furries, 20-year-old Danila and 18-year-old Yegor, were spotted carrying an ancient Mosin rifle on Chobotovskaya Ulitsa on the south-western outskirts of Moscow. The police were duly called and the pair were arrested.

idk if this is true, but it made me laugh. The furries are armed and dangerous!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2931 on: July 08, 2023, 05:30:00 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/07/europe/cluster-munitions-us-ukraine-aid-explainer-intl-hnk-ml/index.html

The United States has confirmed it will supply cluster munitions to Ukraine as part of a new military aid package.

CNN first reported last week that US President Joe Biden’s administration was strongly considering approving the transfer of the controversial weapons to Ukraine, whose forces have been struggling to make major gains in a weeks-long counteroffensive.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-vows-use-cluster-bombs-de-occupy-only-defence-minister-2023-07-08/

KYIV, July 8 (Reuters) - Ukraine's Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov welcomed a U.S. decision to send cluster bombs to Kyiv, saying it would help to liberate Ukrainian territory but promised the munitions would not be used in Russia.

The U.S. announced on Friday it would supply Ukraine with widely banned cluster munitions for its counteroffensive against occupying Russian forces.

Reznikov said the munitions would help save the lives of Ukrainian soldiers, adding Ukraine would keep a strict record of their use and exchange information with its partners.

"Our position is simple - we need to liberate our temporarily occupied territories and save the lives of our people," Reznikov wrote on Twitter.

"Ukraine will use these munitions only for the de-occupation of our internationally recognized territories. These munitions will not be used on the officially recognized territory of Russia."

I guess this is one way for the US to get rid of its cluster bomb stockpile. I bet we sign the pact banning them within the next 5 years.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 05:32:06 PM by Space Cowgirl »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #2932 on: July 09, 2023, 01:09:40 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/07/europe/cluster-munitions-us-ukraine-aid-explainer-intl-hnk-ml/index.html

The United States has confirmed it will supply cluster munitions to Ukraine as part of a new military aid package.

CNN first reported last week that US President Joe Biden’s administration was strongly considering approving the transfer of the controversial weapons to Ukraine, whose forces have been struggling to make major gains in a weeks-long counteroffensive.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-vows-use-cluster-bombs-de-occupy-only-defence-minister-2023-07-08/

KYIV, July 8 (Reuters) - Ukraine's Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov welcomed a U.S. decision to send cluster bombs to Kyiv, saying it would help to liberate Ukrainian territory but promised the munitions would not be used in Russia.

The U.S. announced on Friday it would supply Ukraine with widely banned cluster munitions for its counteroffensive against occupying Russian forces.

Reznikov said the munitions would help save the lives of Ukrainian soldiers, adding Ukraine would keep a strict record of their use and exchange information with its partners.

"Our position is simple - we need to liberate our temporarily occupied territories and save the lives of our people," Reznikov wrote on Twitter.

"Ukraine will use these munitions only for the de-occupation of our internationally recognized territories. These munitions will not be used on the officially recognized territory of Russia."

I guess this is one way for the US to get rid of its cluster bomb stockpile. I bet we sign the pact banning them within the next 5 years.

I suspect you're correct.  Its also a great way to cut down on storage while also justifying buying new stuff.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #2933 on: July 09, 2023, 10:39:56 AM »
I bet you don't.  Countries  that think they might want to fight a war don't tend to sign these things.

I bet there is a next gen cluster bomb they are just ready to release...

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2934 on: July 09, 2023, 12:00:25 PM »
Well the last time the US used cluster bombs was the invasion of Iraq. If there's a new bomb they will give it a new name, and sign the pact to look good.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2935 on: July 09, 2023, 12:50:01 PM »
I don't think we'll sign a pact but we don't entirely ignore these things.

This is kind of similar to anti personnel mines. Other countries have a pact not to use them. We haven't signed on but we also don't use them.

We'll probably stop using cluster bombs as well. The scenarios that they're useful for are kind of limited. Any barrage of meaningful size eventually turns the area into a landmine hazard. This is counterproductive if you're trying to advance.

I've seen some people speculate that Ukraine might part these shells out for their individual bomblets since they can be attached to a drone easily and they penetrate armor.

« Reply #2936 on: July 10, 2023, 11:19:04 AM »
I've seen some people speculate that Ukraine might part these shells out for their individual bomblets since they can be attached to a drone easily and they penetrate armor.
Or for actually clearing minefields.....

This is counterproductive if you're trying to advance.
US army claims theirs only has a 2.3% rate of non-explosion, if that is true then it won't hinder any advance.  Especially compared to what else they are facing.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2937 on: July 10, 2023, 05:33:29 PM »
Be carefull what you post on social media....

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1678462001624784905

Stanislav Rzhytskiy, deputy head of mobilization department in Russian Krasnodar, was shot - Russian media.

Rzhytskiy is the former commander of Krasnodar submarine. Russian media claim that it was him who gave orders to launch Kalibr rockets on Ukraine.

He was shot by an unknown individual during his morning run - the person shot him four times in the back and chest, then fled. Reportedly, Rzhytskiy died on the spot.

Here's the twist.   He was in the habit of posting his morning run on a workout app

The Krasnodar commander that was fatally shot in Russia while on a run would routinely post his route on the Strava workout app. This one from recently was liked by Kyrylo Budanov: you literally can’t make this shit up

Kyrylo Budanov is Chief of Ukrainain Military Intelligence....  :)

Lorddave

« Reply #2938 on: July 10, 2023, 10:51:43 PM »
Be carefull what you post on social media....

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1678462001624784905

Stanislav Rzhytskiy, deputy head of mobilization department in Russian Krasnodar, was shot - Russian media.

Rzhytskiy is the former commander of Krasnodar submarine. Russian media claim that it was him who gave orders to launch Kalibr rockets on Ukraine.

He was shot by an unknown individual during his morning run - the person shot him four times in the back and chest, then fled. Reportedly, Rzhytskiy died on the spot.

Here's the twist.   He was in the habit of posting his morning run on a workout app

The Krasnodar commander that was fatally shot in Russia while on a run would routinely post his route on the Strava workout app. This one from recently was liked by Kyrylo Budanov: you literally can’t make this shit up

Kyrylo Budanov is Chief of Ukrainain Military Intelligence....  :)

I am not shocked.  They aren't the brightest of the boomers.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2939 on: July 11, 2023, 07:53:34 AM »
He's got a pretty strong troll game. Russia has already killed him once. But Ukraine had been forming a squad of immortal commanders.