War

• 3482 Replies
Re: War
« Reply #1680 on: August 02, 2022, 10:21:02 PM »
haiti

After Haiti gained its independence from France in 1804, whites in the pro-slavery Southern U.S. worried that would influence slaves in the U.S., and the U.S. refused to recognize Haiti's subsequent independence until 1862, after the Southerners in Congress had departed for the Confederacy and Republicans took control ...

Haiti–United States relations - Wikipedia

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1681 on: August 03, 2022, 07:29:33 AM »
Quote from: Nancy Pelosi
“The story of Taiwan is an inspiration to all freedom-loving people.”

Let's imagine this another way.

In Americas civil war, the losers fled to say, Texas and essentially became their own independent state and government with their own laws, elections, passport and currency.

Would they be an inspiration for freedom?

It would be nice if China just washed their hands of Taiwan but from a government perspective you can't blame them for thinking it and its people belong to the mainland. And let's face it.... America would do the exact same fucking thing in China's place.
Pretty sure we did do the same thing.

It's not quite the same thing. 

If we're going to argue that it's reasonable for China to take Taiwan then it's reasonable for England to retake the United States.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1682 on: August 03, 2022, 09:10:17 AM »

I tried that a few years back, nobody noticed.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1683 on: August 05, 2022, 02:49:28 PM »
I think its time to try again. They need someone sensible in charge.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #1684 on: August 05, 2022, 03:31:52 PM »
Give us a few more months to work this all out, we're almost there. There is a movement for the centrist part of both parties to start a 3rd party, which will obviously attract 80% of the vote and save the nation... nay, THE WORLD! from this ridiculousness we've been fucking around with for the last 30 years or so. We've never tried this 3rd party thing before, so I have a feeling it'll work perfectly.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #1685 on: August 08, 2022, 08:18:08 AM »

I don’t think I would be considered sensible in the US, a good third would want me crucified for not believing in a god, others (or the same?) would consider me a commie for wanting a redistribution of wealth, I hate Budweiser and the whole Superbowl thing is one long dreary commercial interspersed with pumped up jocks dressed as space gladiators chucking themselves around for 15 minutes in a stadium filled with flags and fat people.
I’d hate the food, the TV, the heat, the cars, I think Marmite is illegal. There are about 400 million too many guns for a sane society, no proper health care or democracy, too many ice cream flavours, not enough U’s in flavour, the tea is made of dust, grits are a thing and there’s no cricket.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1686 on: August 08, 2022, 08:34:09 AM »
These are indeed some tough things that we've had to endure.  But as you can see they've served their purpose in keeping the fragile peace between our countries for the last 245 years.

I just had a vision of an alternate reality where the next PM of the UK made it one of the things he campaigns on to be retaking "The Colonies".

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1687 on: August 08, 2022, 08:40:11 AM »
I don’t think I would be considered sensible in the US, a good third would want me crucified for not believing in a god, others (or the same?) would consider me a commie for wanting a redistribution of wealth, I hate Budweiser and the whole Superbowl thing is one long dreary commercial interspersed with pumped up jocks dressed as space gladiators chucking themselves around for 15 minutes in a stadium filled with flags and fat people.
I’d hate the food, the TV, the heat, the cars, I think Marmite is illegal. There are about 400 million too many guns for a sane society, no proper health care or democracy, too many ice cream flavours, not enough U’s in flavour, the tea is made of dust, grits are a thing and there’s no cricket.

Seems like the perfect reasons why you are needed in the US.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #1688 on: August 08, 2022, 08:57:03 AM »

I just had a vision of an alternate reality where the next PM of the UK made it one of the things he campaigns on to be retaking "The Colonies".

Shit, don’t rule that out, this current crop are so wedded to the populist golden agist, no clue what the fuck a policy is unless fed to them by Rupert, just wave a flag and salute a hundred year old anachronism and everything will work out fine, but don’t read the small print because we are robbing you blind, mentality.
And should we wake up to this then a mass attack by hang glider championed by the Mail in response to you not returning to us that woman who ran over a motorcyclist because the rest of the world drive on the wrong side of the road, who then snuck out of the country in a diplomatic bag, would very definitely be on the cards and a good way to unite the plebs before they are massacred or drift off on the trade winds and are eaten by Orcas.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1689 on: August 08, 2022, 09:10:58 AM »
What the hell happened to Russell Brand? His latest vid seems to be promoting Russian news in relation to the war as more reliable than western outlets. I'm sure many western outlets (especially American) are littered with its own flavour of propaganda but geez, to swing to Russia and say they are a better source I mean God damn. He's honestly looking like the British version of Tucker Carlson at this point. (not as greasy to be fair)

He seems to be on this warpath on misinformation and freedumb of speech. Which is odd given he's turned into an antivaxxer who parrots substack (an outlet that naturopathic quacks like Jospeh Mercola use) so it's odd to see him harp out against misinformation when his own sources are shady.

Anyway, fuck that guy. He's a political activist who used to proudly boast he doesn't even vote ::) Nothing wrong with political activism and I'm sure on certain political hot topics I'd be in sync with him but honestly after the pandemic it seems a lot of people have gone wildly off the rails and monetised being a contrarian arsehole

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1690 on: August 08, 2022, 09:15:38 AM »
Yeah he's been nuts now for a while.  It started with covid and went on a steady downward spiral from there.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1691 on: August 10, 2022, 10:15:38 AM »
Business Insider: Russia sent Steven Seagal to occupied Ukraine to spread propaganda, part of his role as a Kremlin spokesman.
https://www.businessinsider.com/steven-seagal-travels-to-occupied-ukraine-spreads-russia-propaganda-2022-8

Russia has deployed their most powerful weapon yet in the war on Ukraine.

Lorddave

« Reply #1692 on: August 10, 2022, 10:43:45 AM »
Business Insider: Russia sent Steven Seagal to occupied Ukraine to spread propaganda, part of his role as a Kremlin spokesman.
https://www.businessinsider.com/steven-seagal-travels-to-occupied-ukraine-spreads-russia-propaganda-2022-8

Russia has deployed their most powerful weapon yet in the war on Ukraine.

We need to send in Chuck Norris.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #1693 on: August 10, 2022, 10:49:11 AM »
we need to send ramboIII to counter

or was it chucknorris delta?

edit

aaahha you beat me to it
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 10:50:51 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #1694 on: August 21, 2022, 11:21:26 AM »
Not sure if related to the war or not, but will certainly be used to bolster public support for it and very likely retaliation:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/21/daughter-of-putin-ally-alexander-dugin-killed-in-car-bomb-in-moscow-reports

Alexander Dugin sounds much like Russian Tucker Carlson, peddling far right conspiracy theories.  Ironically there’s an obvious conspiracy theory that could be spun about this, and it’s not all that implausible.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1695 on: August 21, 2022, 11:37:26 AM »
Not sure if related to the war or not, but will certainly be used to bolster public support for it and very likely retaliation:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/21/daughter-of-putin-ally-alexander-dugin-killed-in-car-bomb-in-moscow-reports

Alexander Dugin sounds much like Russian Tucker Carlson, peddling far right conspiracy theories.  Ironically there’s an obvious conspiracy theory that could be spun about this, and it’s not all that implausible.

The daughter seemed like a nasty piece of work too so not exactly sorry she got blown away.

Know your place

« Reply #1696 on: August 21, 2022, 11:47:59 AM »

The daughter seemed like a nasty piece of work too so not exactly sorry she got blown away.

Regardless, if Ukraine was behind it, it’s unlikely to help their cause.  Even if she wasn’t the target.

I doubt Zelenskyy would have authorised this, as he’s very keen to portray Ukraine as only doing what’s necessary to defend their country (and rightly so).  He certainly needs western support and ideally the sympathy of the Russian public.  This doesn’t help either.

Could still be Ukrainians acting independently though.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1697 on: August 21, 2022, 11:53:00 AM »

Wouldn't put it past the Ruskis to kill their own if they thought it could bolster support

Though I'm sure there's plenty of pissed off Ukrainians that might take it upon themself to bag a Ruski

Know your place

« Reply #1698 on: August 21, 2022, 12:11:19 PM »

Wouldn't put it past the Ruskis to kill their own if they thought it could bolster support

Though I'm sure there's plenty of pissed off Ukrainians that might take it upon themself to bag a Ruski

Either seem feasible, as well as Russians opposing the current regime, and more.

I’m sure we’ll know the truth after after full politically independent and thorough investigation by Russian authorities though. 

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1699 on: August 21, 2022, 01:18:14 PM »
I really doubt Ukraine was behind it.  I don't think they have that kind of reach and even if they did then I think they'd go for a target that would help to win the war like a general or something.  Killing a propogandist really doesn't help them.

It's probably connected to whoever's been throwing Molotov cocktails at Russian recruiting stations.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1700 on: August 21, 2022, 03:46:37 PM »
Putin advisor Alexander Dugin was on Alex Jones' show some years ago. It is fairly interesting that Dugin's conspiracy about satanic globalists seems identical in its details to the western alt-right theory about it. It's so similar that it must have come from the same place. Dugin seems to be more versed in its intricacies and into it than even Alex Jones or any western alt-right pundit.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 02:00:21 AM by Tom Bishop »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1701 on: August 21, 2022, 09:56:35 PM »
Sounds like the Russians were trolling and the far right nut jobs in America fell for it.

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1702 on: August 21, 2022, 10:36:51 PM »
Obviously Alex Jones Learned Satanism from this Russian guy and in order to keep it a secret he had to car bomb his daughter.

Mystery solved.

Lorddave

« Reply #1703 on: August 21, 2022, 10:48:28 PM »
Obviously Alex Jones Learned Satanism from this Russian guy and in order to keep it a secret he had to car bomb his daughter.

Mystery solved.

I have done my own research on this and this is the only explination.  Anything else is fake news.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1704 on: August 21, 2022, 11:02:38 PM »

Mystery solved.

I have done my own research on this and this is the only explination.  Anything else is fake news.

I'd go along with that. What's Alex Jones going to do if he thinks that's wrong? Sue me for defamation? Ha!

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1705 on: August 22, 2022, 06:28:48 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/08/22/russia-daria-dugina-daughter-ukraine-blame/

Alright. Case closed. A female Ukrainian spy went to Russia in July and has been preparing this for thr last month. Also the target was the daughter and not her father. Also this spy fled to Estonia. So now they're threatening to invade Estonia.

Seems legit. I've never known Russia to lie about something like this.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1706 on: August 22, 2022, 01:50:41 PM »
It seems that the fight against the Satanic New World Order is the official position of the Russian army:

https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1500728148996018176

The quote is also on this page if you translate it to English:

https://soldatru.ru/art/art/art59.php

Code of Honor of a Russian officer

"The Russian Officer is a warrior in Spirit. It has been so in all ages. Today there is a war for the soul of a man, a soldier. Russia and the Russian army are the last "Restrainers" from the onset of the satanic 'new world order'."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 01:54:47 PM by Tom Bishop »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1707 on: August 22, 2022, 01:59:49 PM »
Well they don't seem to be doing a very good job. They need to divert their efforts and kill Putin. Have you seen that guy? There's a Satan if there ever was one!

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1708 on: August 22, 2022, 02:35:22 PM »
It seems that the fight against the Satanic New World Order is the official position of the Russian army:

https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1500728148996018176

The quote is also on this page if you translate it to English:

https://soldatru.ru/art/art/art59.php

Code of Honor of a Russian officer

"The Russian Officer is a warrior in Spirit. It has been so in all ages. Today there is a war for the soul of a man, a soldier. Russia and the Russian army are the last "Restrainers" from the onset of the satanic 'new world order'."

Well that would be a nice change.  In pretty much every war, including this one, they've been an army of rapists and war criminals.

Lorddave

« Reply #1709 on: August 22, 2022, 10:08:41 PM »
Tom... You do know that the second comming of Jesus and the Rapture will conclude with Satan taking over the Earth, right?
Are you saying we should fight AGAINST God's wishes?