War

• 3446 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: War
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2022, 02:38:24 PM »
It's about time the world cut itself off from Russia. In everything. Including doing business with the outside world. It would cripple them worse than North Korea. They need us a hell of a lot more than we need them. Yes, ordinary civilians pay the price but it would also ruin Putins legacy as Russians blame him for their downfall

Then apply the same to anyone who assists them. Like Belarus

The free world should stop relying on authoritarian arseholes. Time for a pivot. We don't need Russian oil and gas. It might be convenient - but look where the money ultimately goes.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2022, 02:43:32 PM »
It's about time the world cut itself off from Russia. In everything. Including doing business with the outside world. It would cripple them worse than North Korea. They need us a hell of a lot more than we need them. Yes, ordinary civilians pay the price but it would also ruin Putins legacy as Russians blame him for their downfall

When has that ever worked?

We don't need Russian oil and gas.

Maybe Australia doesn't, Europe was already getting wrecked by the energy crisis before this even happened.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2022, 02:46:55 PM »
Okay, JJA. You were tone policing and not strawmanning. Glad to see you branching out!

Since reading between the lines is now somehow a bad thing, I'll take your comment literally and thank you for the compliment.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #483 on: February 24, 2022, 02:48:56 PM »
Okay, JJA. You were tone policing and not strawmanning. Glad to see you branching out!

Since reading between the lines is now somehow a bad thing, I'll take your comment literally and thank you for the compliment.

Since making up new meanings for phrases is now somehow a good thing, I will take your thank you as a declaration of war.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #484 on: February 24, 2022, 02:50:30 PM »
I heard the Ukrainian army hit back in Sumy and took back some bridges and an airport.

I just hope Putin pulls back after deciding he's hurt Ukraine enough and feels he can withdraw without losing face. If he is out to annex the entire country permanently then a whole lot more people are going to die and nothing anyone does is going to save them.

I just read Putin is going to confiscate money from ordinary citizens to pay for the war.  Maybe he can use it to rebuild Ukraine's airports after he finished bombing them all.

I think withdrawing now would lose a lot of face for putin. It would look like he just got beat by Ukraine.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #485 on: February 24, 2022, 02:53:37 PM »

Since making up new meanings for phrases is now somehow a good thing, I will take your thank you as a declaration of war.

I send all my refugees to boydster.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #486 on: February 24, 2022, 02:58:33 PM »
Uh oh, US drone over the black sea. I can see how this might get messy.

Global Hawks.  They usually don't carry ordnance.  It's most likely just there to watch.  Which is fine by me.  If Russia blow up a drone then it's just equipment.

Lorddave

« Reply #487 on: February 24, 2022, 02:59:41 PM »

The free world should stop relying on authoritarian arseholes. Time for a pivot. We don't need Russian oil and gas. It might be convenient - but look where the money ultimately goes.

I'm with Pez.  it won't work.
What'll happen is they'll blame WAshington and the EU and guess what?  No one will be around to tell people otherwise.

So suddenly you have a bunch of angry, starving, poor people willing to die to get a better life.  And that better life means killing the people who screwed them over in the first place.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #488 on: February 24, 2022, 03:03:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/atanessi/status/1496925313187602442?s=20&t=4ndolmDOztTwxGoMBAqWgw

Today, I asked a Russian diplomat how he was doing.

"I don't know how to respond to this question," he texted back. "I am disgusted with myself, I am sick with myself. I am ashamed that we all partially let this happen... We all lied... How can there be forgiveness for us?"

Grigor Artanesian is a Russian BBC journalist (just so you won't think it's a rando on Twitter).
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #489 on: February 24, 2022, 03:08:21 PM »
It's admirable, along with the Russian protesters.  But it doesn't matter.  It's not like Putin can be voted out.  He can always throw protesters into a gulag somewhere.  About the only thing that could really stop him is if some Russian oligarchs decided this is too expensive and have him assassinated. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #490 on: February 24, 2022, 03:12:04 PM »
Last I saw there have already been about 1,000 protesters arrested. The one that threw the Molotov cocktail has been released already, I don't know about the others. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #491 on: February 24, 2022, 03:13:28 PM »
I mean this does not appear to be super smart. Maybe Putin knows something we don't but honestly I don't understand how this benefits them somehow. A lot of Russian people are kinda pissed, and they're gonna get more pissed. The oligarchs will probably get pissed as well because this is gonna be expensive as fuck.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #492 on: February 24, 2022, 03:15:22 PM »
I mean this does not appear to be super smart. Maybe Putin knows something we don't but honestly I don't understand how this benefits them somehow. A lot of Russian people are kinda pissed, and they're gonna get more pissed. The oligarchs will probably get pissed as well because this is gonna be expensive as fuck.

Some Russians are pissed.  I saw on tv, can't remember which program, that a lot of Russians are euphoric over this invasion.  Since there's so much misinformation in Russia it's hard to say how much support there is for this.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #493 on: February 24, 2022, 03:15:59 PM »
Last I saw there have already been about 1,000 protesters arrested. The one that threw the Molotov cocktail has been released already, I don't know about the others.

That's very progressive of them.  In the past those protesters would just disappear.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #494 on: February 24, 2022, 03:18:12 PM »
Maybe Putin is really just a big softie! lol (sorry I know it's not funny)

« Reply #495 on: February 24, 2022, 03:22:19 PM »

I'm with Pez.  it won't work.
What'll happen is they'll blame WAshington and the EU and guess what?  No one will be around to tell people otherwise.

So suddenly you have a bunch of angry, starving, poor people willing to die to get a better life.  And that better life means killing the people who screwed them over in the first place.

Well what economies or war machines depend on russia?

Iran?
Afghanistan? (Shifting to china)
Venezula?
Cuba?
Vietnam?
Pakistan?
Germany!?

Iiiimperialsim.

Pezevenk

« Reply #496 on: February 24, 2022, 03:28:54 PM »

Some Russians are pissed.  I saw on tv, can't remember which program, that a lot of Russians are euphoric over this invasion.  Since there's so much misinformation in Russia it's hard to say how much support there is for this.
Obviously there is also people who are euphoric. But it depends on the region and how nationalist they are. The poorer regions aren't gonna give much of a fuck in a while.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #497 on: February 24, 2022, 03:43:07 PM »

Also, what I was seeing on RT was a general climate of "it's not our fault, but it's sad". Even they're not really doing the "whoo we're liberating them and it's awesome" thing.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #498 on: February 24, 2022, 04:02:26 PM »
Here's a question worth pondering,  since a state of war now exists between Ukraine and Russia,  what's to stop the Ukrainians launching an attack of some sort on Russia?

I imagine a Ukrainian special forces missions to sabotage Russian infrastructure like power distribution, gas pipelines,  Russian airfields and aircraft.  All these must now be legitimate targets.

Of course they could always hire a few B2 bombers for the weekend.  Just to take them for a spin around the block you understand...

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #499 on: February 24, 2022, 04:04:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1496990258176610304?s=20&t=4ndolmDOztTwxGoMBAqWgw

The Associated Press has deleted that tweet advertising the NFT offer of "migrants drifting in an overcrowded boat in the Mediterranean" that sparked overwhelming backlash.

I've reached out to the AP for comment on the tweet and the understandable outrage it caused.

Here you can see an archive of the AP's deleted tweet https://archive.fo/qRl82

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

EDIT: I'm so outraged I don't even know where they are. lol I will calm down.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 04:10:40 PM by Space Cowgirl »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #500 on: February 24, 2022, 04:27:11 PM »
Good points made by Ukraine in the UN,  that The Russian Federation illegitimately inherited the Soviet Unions seat on the security council, and questions whether the Russian Federation was ever formally admitted to the UN in the first place.

I expect that moves to expel Russia from the UN will be coming in due course.   I doubt Putin could care less, until it affects him personally.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #501 on: February 24, 2022, 04:48:52 PM »
Good points made by Ukraine in the UN,  that The Russian Federation illegitimately inherited the Soviet Unions seat on the security council, and questions whether the Russian Federation was ever formally admitted to the UN in the first place.

I expect that moves to expel Russia from the UN will be coming in due course.   I doubt Putin could care less, until it affects him personally.

I saw that exact same comment making the rounds on reddit earlier, they said the seat was for a representative from the USSR, and since there is no USSR there is no reason Russia should be entitled to that seat. It would be really interesting if Ukraine contested the seat and ended up winning it for themselves. Can't really imagine a reality where that plays out, but I can dream.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #502 on: February 24, 2022, 05:55:11 PM »
Anonymous is bragging about taking down Russian isps, and Russia Today.

I wonder if this will slow down the Russian bots.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #503 on: February 24, 2022, 06:35:36 PM »
From what I hear, some are saying that Putin is trying to rebuild the Russian Empire of old.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2022, 06:56:50 PM »
He must have watched The Great!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #505 on: February 24, 2022, 07:00:02 PM »
I don't know what he's trying to do.  If he is trying to rebuild Russia then it seems profoundly selfish.  It's guaranteed to impoverish his country in exchange for boosting his ego.

« Reply #506 on: February 24, 2022, 10:36:34 PM »
Putin is not doing anything that America didn't do in Iraq, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and Lybia. I do not know why its so hard for you guys to see this? When U.S. attacks other countries the countries I mentioned, what did U.S. say? They said they are not killing civilians, they are only going after military targets, this is the same thing Putin says. Most likely of course Putin is killing civilians but so did Clinton, Bush and Obama. Civilians will always die during the war, it's unavoidable. If you look at this situation in Ukraine closely then you will see that Putin is following Clinton's model in Yugoslavia to a tee. Remember when Clinton claimed that Serbian president Milosovic is involved in ethnic cleansing, so Clinton and NATO created 7 or so other countries in the Balkans to solve the ethnic cleansing problem right? Well Putin also says that current Ukrainian government is involved in ethnic cleansing and the only way to solve this is to divide Ukraine, thus creating the two nations of Donetsk and Lugansk. This is nothing new folks.

If America wants to be the world leader they claim to be, then America must lead by example of peace and justice, instead America invades other countries, totally changes old borders, doing whatever the fuck they want and now have the nerve to blame and accuse Putin of exactly the same things America have done dozens of times in the past.
JJA voted for Pedro

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #507 on: February 24, 2022, 11:27:04 PM »
The interwebs are going nuts about the "Ghost of Kiev" a Ukrainian Mig pilot who is rumored to have downed 6 Russian aircraft in air-to-air combat the first day.

https://meaww.com/ghost-of-kyiv-who-is-ukrainian-ace-pilot-downs-6-russian-jets-internet-reactions-563015

Pezevenk

« Reply #508 on: February 24, 2022, 11:29:45 PM »
From what I hear, some are saying that Putin is trying to rebuild the Russian Empire of old.
Dude, maybe he wants to do that. How is he gonna do it like that?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #509 on: February 24, 2022, 11:51:39 PM »
JJA, I get a little frustrated arguing with pez sometimes, but I then again I get frustrated with you too (and I suspect people feel that way with me).  We're all a bunch of know-alls  :P

However I get that you're both arguing with good faith, so it's all good.

Anyway, my brother is now enjoying a nice meal and beer with his family in the Moldovan capital (yeah, I had to look it up). 

He's my younger brother, but I've reached the point where I have to admit he's the cool one.  I've been stressed to fuck and  he just took off with his wife, daughter, two bags and $30k in his pocket and moonwalked out of a war zone.  All the time sounding cheery and even doing telephone interviews with journalists.  8)

Glad your brother and his family are safe. He sounds badass.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?