War

• 3595 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: War
« Reply #2970 on: September 25, 2023, 01:38:20 PM »
"Obviously, it's extremely upsetting that this happened... this is something that is deeply embarrassing to the Parliament of Canada...

It's going to be really important that all of us push back against Russian propaganda, Russian disinformation, and continue our steadfast and unequivocal support for Ukraine.”

That's Trudeau somehow blaming Russia for the Canadian Parliament giving a real actual Nazi a standing ovation. lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #2971 on: September 26, 2023, 01:55:00 AM »
Mmm, I’m genuinely conflicted about this. Not over Nazi’s were bad, they demonstrably were, but the premise was honouring a guy that fought for his country, as it turns out against the Russians who are now bad but weren’t at the time, but then turned out to be a few years later.

I suppose in our rush to feel good we forget that war is a failure, and not everybody that fights them does so for the same reasons or has a choice in the matter, whether it turns out the guy was a bastard or otherwise, perhaps the lesson here is that we should hesitate before we cast our side as all hero’s thus consigning all “others” as evil.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 01:56:31 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #2972 on: September 26, 2023, 05:33:02 AM »
"Obviously, it's extremely upsetting that this happened... this is something that is deeply embarrassing to the Parliament of Canada...

It's going to be really important that all of us push back against Russian propaganda, Russian disinformation, and continue our steadfast and unequivocal support for Ukraine.”

That's Trudeau somehow blaming Russia for the Canadian Parliament giving a real actual Nazi a standing ovation. lol

Well we allowed chinese campainge money to elect officals.

Our top cyber cop was also our top drug dealer/ trafficker.

Only a matter of time before a wwii vet wasnt vetted.

No wonder we got kicked out of the 5eyes.
And by kicked out i mean werent invited to the arming of australia coalition.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2973 on: September 26, 2023, 06:21:35 AM »
Apparently this guy volunteered to be a Nazi, so I don't know how much of it was against his will.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #2974 on: September 26, 2023, 07:01:49 AM »

But again, from what little I know of their history, they’d been at severe odds with both Poland and Russia for pretty much ever, the anti-Jewish thing was ubiquitous across Europe anyway and the enemy of my enemy is always my friend, and in The Ukraine to this day on the 28th of April there are marches to commemorate the founding of the very division (1st Galicians) that this guy was in, streets are named for them.

The Dumb Canadians may not have known their history on this but you can bet Zelensky or those around him did.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2975 on: September 26, 2023, 07:12:07 AM »
Maybe Canada loves Nazis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorials_in_Canada_to_Nazis_and_Nazi_collaborators unless they are Canadian trucker Nazis. lol

« Reply #2976 on: September 26, 2023, 08:55:49 AM »
hahahah
we have a large jew population
surprised he didn't get caught earlier

« Reply #2977 on: September 26, 2023, 09:09:16 AM »

Obviously they fucked up, they shouldn't be applauding someone who fought with the Nazis.  But on the other hand I'm not sure how much of a "real actual Nazi" he was.  Like Jura says, the people down there in the middle of that vast conflict didn't have the decades of knowledge of the war we now have.  Many didn't necessarily have any particular ideology, just vast armies marching through their lands and much hatred for their overlords - people picked sides for emotional and historical reasons.

When the Germans invaded they were seen as liberators from the Stalinist terror machine that horribly repressed (and starved) Ukraine - they had disappeared numerous people from Hunka's friends and family into Siberia, never to be seen again.  One of the worst famines of the 20th century had only happened 8 years ago.  He was 15 when the Germans arrived - still a child by today's standards.  Who knows how any of us would behave in that situation, one we can't even begin to effectively imagine.

Anyway, this is not to justify or excuse anything he and other Ukrainians may have done 80 years ago, but we need to keep some kind of context in mind.
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2978 on: September 26, 2023, 10:11:01 AM »
All the real Nazis are in their old age now! (or dead)

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2979 on: September 26, 2023, 01:44:52 PM »
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/09/26/7421554/

Well there it is.  The woke scolds got their way and cancelled Canada.  It's now at the point where you can get cancelled just for honoring nazi war criminals!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #2980 on: September 26, 2023, 01:49:59 PM »
fought against the russians in WWII....

Rota [the speaker of the house] introduced 98-year-old Hunka as a World War II veteran who had fought against the Russians.

holy crap

sometimes i froget about italy
but serious
"WE" were fighting zee germans!

expect taht from some USA republicans who continue to carry the wrong flags to things.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2981 on: September 26, 2023, 03:49:26 PM »
Do not worry, even if the US govt shuts down in a couple days, we will still be sending cluster bombs to Ukraine.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2982 on: October 03, 2023, 04:56:32 PM »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2983 on: October 03, 2023, 05:06:27 PM »
There's something about a warzone that brings out the weirdest people.

Early on in the war Ukraine invited anyone who wanted to fight to join.  They've since learned that there's some serious downsides to that approach.

« Reply #2984 on: October 04, 2023, 06:12:26 AM »
Early on in the war Ukraine invited anyone who wanted to fight to join.
They didn't really, it was more of a PR exercise than anything.  All sorts of well meaning idiots turned up, but the only ones they signed up were ex-soldiers from UK and US who had Gulf war experience.  Everyone else was politely told they might want to help in some other way.  Like by going home.
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2985 on: October 04, 2023, 07:27:47 AM »
I was just wondering, is this the first war (that involves the West) since corporate social media took off? Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, kicked off before Facebook. "The War on Terror" was after (I can't remember what year), but I think Twitter might not have existed yet, or not as big anyway. Ukraine is the first one, that I know of, that involves tons of social media propaganda, and it's like they haven't quite figured it out. It clicks with certain people, like the blue wave types, but it seems weird and off to others.  Like, I don't know how anyone can watch one of Sarah Ashton's videos and not think that it is really cheesy acting.. but they're going to put one of his uniforms in the Smithsonian!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2986 on: October 04, 2023, 08:22:21 AM »
As far as I know. 

There are multiple streams of propaganda from multiple sources. I think we've somehow ended up in different streams.  I've never heard of this Sarah Ashton until now.  Or any beef JD Vance has with Ukraine. 

I mostly follow the progress in this war and some of the technology involved.  ISW, War Translated, Special Kherson Cat etc.  Been thinking about following War Gonzo since that's a pro Russian source that I've heard is somewhat within the realm of reality.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2987 on: October 04, 2023, 01:10:56 PM »
I usually check Cathy Young's twitter feed when i want war updates. She's very supportive of Ukraine, and the war. I also read others who are critical of US involvement, but they are always critical of the US wars. There are a lot of people who think if someone is critical of the US then they are pro-Putin, which I find very annoying and childish. 

I just find some of the propaganda very weird, which is separate from whether or not we should be helping Ukraine. I thought Zelensky going on the awards shows was obviously pandering to the US left (I know it's not really the left, Jura  >:( ). It's just had a very Hunger Games feel to it, like a fake and bizarre quality.

Don't you live near Vegas? https://www.tiktok.com/@bean_0555/video/7281099573676772651

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2988 on: October 04, 2023, 10:40:43 PM »
Used to.  I live near SLC now. 

Trying to appeal to the left is a bit misguided.  The Marjorie Taylor Greene's are the one causing Ukraine the most trouble now.

I can't blame him for pushing as hard as he can for more weapons.  Propaganda aside the reality of the situation is that Ukraine is facing an unprovoked war of extermination.  There Ukraine is, minding their own business.  Probably eating borsch or beat soup and playing those weird big violin things.  Then Russia starts rolling in tanks and blowing shit up. 

As long as they're willing to fight I think we should support them.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2989 on: October 05, 2023, 06:54:28 AM »
Borsch is beet soup! lol (it's good if you like cabbage and beets)

I was thinking kinda the same thing. They are pandering to the wrong crowd. BUT, maybe they thought conservatives are very war loving already (and usually they are) and it was the progs they need to convince. They probably didn't factor in the politics of the moment, which is getting revenge on the Dems for going after Trump, by going after Biden's Ukraine connections.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2990 on: October 05, 2023, 07:40:06 AM »
One day I'll try borsch.  It's going to be by myself though.  I can't sell Mrs. Crouton the idea.  Beet soup really sounds like a joke food.

They are kind of right about the republican party in general.  Mitch McConnell actually pushes for aid harder than Biden does.  If we had a "normal" republican president we'd probably be at war with Russia right now.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2991 on: October 05, 2023, 07:48:04 AM »
Nothing is normal anymore. It's very disconcerting. I just scrolled across MTG's tweet https://x.com/RepMTG/status/1709664379312947574?s=20

The war in Ukraine must END!

Today, I met brave @codepink activists who protested for peace in Bernie Sanders’ office. He had 11 of them arrested!

Peace & free speech shouldn’t be a partisan issue.

We don’t agree on most things, but we do agree Congress should STOP fueling the war in Ukraine!

Never thought I'd see the day when Bernie has lefty activists arrested and a weirdo Republican sings the praises of a lefty feminist activist group.

IT IS UPSIDE DOWN WORLD.

(of course, idk why they were arrested, Bernie probably didn't have a say in the matter)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2992 on: October 05, 2023, 08:27:31 AM »
Hard to say.  This is MTG we're talking about.  Things tend to converge when they go extreme enough on either side sometimes. 

What I find even more disconcerting is that MTG and Boebert both voted against kicking out McCarthy.  That means there are republicans in congress more deranged than those two.

« Reply #2993 on: October 05, 2023, 10:04:43 AM »
it's to keep people off looking at the SCOTUS

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2994 on: October 07, 2023, 03:21:05 PM »
https://x.com/Cyberdefensecom/status/1710604643372356091?s=20

Have no illusions. The attacks in Israel, killing civilians, and kidnapping of children and parents as bargaining chips are directed from Moscow.

The Putin regime needed to escalate without getting into a direct conflict with NATO, divert interest from Ukraine and wipe out any normalization in the Middle East, and end the US "borrowing" munitions from warehouses in Israel for Ukraine's needs. Russia is betting on a larger conflict in The Middle East after Israel answered Hamas. Then Russia has ensured that the US is busy with other than Ukraine. Russia is on its way to becoming the same terrorist financier that the Soviet Union once was. Every terrorist group that wanted to kill Westerners had a checking account in Moscow. Russia invests in chaos and death to achieve its political goals. Terror is now in the game, and those who supported Ukraine become targets for Russian-financed terrorism.

We are back in the 1980s - Russian/USSR money "outsource" to terrorists and warlords to sow chaos, death, and mayhem for the Russians' cynical goals.

https://politico.eu/article/did-vladimir-putin-support-anti-western-terrorists-as-a-young-kgb-officer/
Last edited
6:35 AM · Oct 7, 2023

Well, this guy managed to blame Putin for the attack on Israel. I mean, maybe?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2995 on: October 07, 2023, 03:44:25 PM »
Seems unlikely that Russia has a whole lot to do with some.  A little maybe.  Not a lot.

The most likely outcome is Israel is going to seriously step up their ethnic cleansing operation.  I'm expecting a lot of war crimes.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2996 on: October 07, 2023, 04:20:19 PM »
If you watched the videos posted today, Hamas has already committed a bunch of war crimes.

I've just seen one that makes me hope Israel drops nukes on Hamas. (I know that is bloodthirsty) 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 04:25:51 PM by Space Cowgirl »

« Reply #2997 on: October 08, 2023, 06:18:30 AM »
Like if I give a flying fuck

I do actually have a lot to say about all this but..... you globalists in here are not known to be deep thinkers... or think at all really, and would think that I'm siding with Isreal, sooo I'm not even going to bother.

« Reply #2998 on: October 08, 2023, 08:59:48 AM »
Where did this lifeeasy come from with sich hostility?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2999 on: October 08, 2023, 10:40:40 AM »
I don't care what country or religion they are, I am on the side of the women and children who were kidnapped, raped, and murdered. Fuck those fuckers. I hope they are strung up by their dicks.