Train robberies

• 11 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Train robberies
« on: January 14, 2022, 07:54:05 AM »
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2022/01/13/thieves-raiding-cargo-containers-stealing-packages-on-downtown-section-of-union-pacific-train-tracks/

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – A section of the Union Pacific train tracks in downtown Los Angeles has been littered with thousands of shredded boxes, packages stolen from cargo containers that stop in the area to unload.

There's video in the link, and more here https://twitter.com/johnschreiber/status/1481770722271760384?s=20

I did not know the train companies have their own police forces. Seems like they'd have a lot more in place in these areas where the trains slow down.

Also, watching this makes me think America is in decline even more. I know it's just one area, but IDK, it's depressing.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Train robberies
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 08:12:22 AM »
Land pirates!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 08:52:50 AM »
Louis Vuitton, Target, and Apple storefront smash and grabs is so 2021. I'm glad to see we've upped our game to old-timey train robberies.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 11:21:07 AM »
Holy shit, I didn't know when I played Red Dead Redemption 2 that it was supposed to be training for my life in 2022... I'M SO FUCKING READY FOR THIS.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 11:26:32 AM »
Always remember, in RDRII, treat & train your horse well. You'll need it when galloping alongside a moving train.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 07:19:05 PM »
Looks more like the aftermath of an accident than a robbery.   Why would thieves leave all that stuff just lying around? Especially Covid Test kits.

Also the bottom container is still closed, and the upper container only is open. I smell misinformation.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 07:22:15 PM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 07:43:22 AM »
Look at how the lower container sits in the train car, the door is blocked by the car. The top one isn't blocked by anything and they'd just have to cut the locks. The doors on those are just like the back door on a semi trailer (we have a conex that we use as a storage shed).

Also, they're looking for valuables they can resell. I don't know how willing people are to buy covid tests from some guy who stole them off a train.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 07:46:15 AM by Space Cowgirl »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 05:28:47 PM »
Look at how the lower container sits in the train car, the door is blocked by the car. The top one isn't blocked by anything and they'd just have to cut the locks. The doors on those are just like the back door on a semi trailer (we have a conex that we use as a storage shed).

Also, they're looking for valuables they can resell. I don't know how willing people are to buy covid tests from some guy who stole them off a train.

Yep, see what you mean.   I was just suspicious that it was more of the right wing "look at how bad California is" meme.  I see a lot of people saying that it was mostly stuff being returned to Amazon, and even one woman saying that she returns so much stuff she didn't know what was in the package. 

Is that a thing?  People just getting stuff from Amazon and then returning it.  Weirder and weirder...

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 07:37:38 PM »

Is that a thing?  People just getting stuff from Amazon and then returning it.  Weirder and weirder...

I think it’s a thing. But it predates Amazon. Zappos kind of started the trend, from an online perspective anyway, where making returns is super easy. However, probably even predating the online shopping thing, I remember reading something about how the best time to buy a tv in the states is the week after the super bowl. Apparently an inordinate amount of people buy tvs for the game then return them after. You then go in and buy the returned open boxed but brand new tv that was returned for cheap.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 02:38:56 AM »
Is that a thing?  People just getting stuff from Amazon and then returning it. 
Yeah, but Amazon will eventually just ban you.  Not surprisingly.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 10:52:23 AM »
Looks more like the aftermath of an accident than a robbery.

You're right, not enough information.

At about the 38 second mark the door on the top, blue trailer is open.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2022, 11:48:46 AM »