Mass Formation Psychosis

• 10 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Mass Formation Psychosis
« on: January 03, 2022, 04:34:22 PM »
My take away from the (now banned)  Malone interview with Rogan.

Malone began this part of the conversation by asking Rogan, “What the heck happened to Germany in the 20s and 30s? Very intelligent, highly educated population, and they went barking mad. And how did that happen?”

“When you have a society that has become decoupled from each other and has free-floating anxiety in a sense that things don’t make sense, we can’t understand it, and then their attention gets focused by a leader or series of events on one small point just like hypnosis, they literally become hypnotized and can be led anywhere.”

“And one of the aspects of that phenomenon is that the people that they identify as their leaders, the ones typically that come in and say you have this pain and I can solve it for you. I and I alone. Then they will follow that person. It doesn’t matter whether they lied to them or whatever. The data is irrelevant.”

Sound familiar?

Trumpism is an example of "mass formation psychosis"    A kind of mass hypnotism.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • PINK SEASON
Re: Mass Formation Psychosis
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 04:46:14 PM »
I heard about this on Gettr.
Member of the BOTD
https://bit.ly/32rJ6Vg

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 06:34:55 PM »
I think we have several mass formation psychoses happening simultaneously.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 02:02:48 AM »

Sound familiar?

Well, it's total bullshit, so yeah.

No serious historian thinks Germany had "Mass Formation Psychosis" in the 20s and 30s.  Anyway, I've no idea what that would have to do with a pandemic.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 04:32:48 AM »

Sound familiar?

Well, it's total bullshit, so yeah.

No serious historian thinks Germany had "Mass Formation Psychosis" in the 20s and 30s.  Anyway, I've no idea what that would have to do with a pandemic.

We are talking about Trumpism,  not to mention Boris and the Brexitteers.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 06:44:50 AM »

We are talking about Trumpism,  not to mention Boris and the Brexitteers.
None of that is mass psychosis.    It's just some bullshit to dismiss people you don't agree with as "mad" so you don't have to actually engage with their viewpoint.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 07:54:22 AM »
Well it's less stupid than "Let's go, Brandon".

Since Joe Rogan has cluelessly promoted it, I expect all the low level grifters to follow suit on it and the people who want to appear on his podcast again to just sort of not address it.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 08:18:38 AM »
How is mass formation psychosis different from the madness of crowds, social contagions, etc? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_Popular_Delusions_and_the_Madness_of_Crowds

People tend to get a bit upset that they might be part of some mass delusion, but if we weren't susceptible to that sort of thing, propaganda wouldn't work.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 08:36:37 AM »

I agree with Spacey, whatever you call it there is a mechanism where populations slide towards the dark side of possibilities, it taps into the millions of years old instincts that much of modern-day civilised laws are designed to paper over.
Distrust of others and violence towards them is a deep-rooted impulse. Civilised behaviour must be renewed every generation or it wears away, unfortunately as we can see it doesn’t take much, the paper is thin.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 11:00:31 AM »
"We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object, and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first."

Now I want to read Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 03:08:26 PM »
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:12:55 PM by Rayzor »