People instinctively know the earth is flat!

• 20 Replies
?

Horus

« on: January 01, 2006, 10:18:22 PM »
When you were younger, you instinctively knew the earth was flat.  I mean, c'mon if the earth were round, then we'd all just slide off... and how would a "spinning earth" keep us on?  Impossible, don't believe the lies that your teachers told you... remember, these are the same people that have NO evidence for "evolution", which of course it is again COMMON sense that man did not come from monkey!

I'm glad that finally SOME people have come to their senses to realize that the earth is flat, which again only proves that the Old Religion is correct.

The ancient Egyptians knew the truth.  They knew that the earth was flat and that the sky was Nut, who held evertying up and her Husband Geb.  Again, everyone knows this to be true, again proving ancient Egyptian Mythology.

if you want to know THIS IS NOT A JOKE.  I DONT HAVE TIME FOR NASTY COMMENTS,  EITHER.  Instead, I'm here to discuss the truths that were set out thousands of years ago by those who worshiped the true Gods, Osiris and Isis.

Again, nasty comments are not wanted!

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 11:32:10 PM »
Quote from: "Horus"
When you were younger, you instinctively knew the earth was flat.

Not really: you know, even kids see pictures of a round Earth in school; I certainly didn't think the Earth was flat.

Impossible, don't believe the lies that your teachers told you...

. . . or the lies people tell you on strange forums on the internet.

The ancient Egyptians knew the truth. They knew that the earth was flat and that the sky was Nut, who held evertying up and her Husband Geb. Again, everyone knows this to be true, again proving ancient Egyptian Mythology.

Ummm . . . who exactly is this "everyone"? In the world? In the place you live? Since I don't agree with you, it's plainly not everyone, so who exactly is it that believes this to be true?

You know, it might go a little better for you if you were to make statements that were slightly less sweeping, and more factual; as it is, nothing you've said here is either true, or verifiable. It's just your opinion, and there are a lot of opinions out there (and around here), most of which are total rubbish; perhaps you might want to back up a few of your opinions so they sound a little more convincing?

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 02:02:33 AM »
see, the problem with this guy here is that he's not a believer
he is, in fact, from an agency who doesn't want the truth to come out, so he comes in here with his "facts", his "fancy words" and his "grammar" and expects us to just follow him?

well i'm not following with his ploy, instead i choose to rely on the theory that makes sense, how can the earth possibly be round? i've been on those spinning carnival rides, they push you to the edges when they spin really fast, if the earth is like that, then how come i'm not flying off mr. smarty-pants?

so there's my argument, and even if with my way the south pole ends up getting split into four corners of the earth... well, that's better than all this "gravity" nonsense

?

xtinctor

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 03:04:49 AM »
Ever heard of Inertia?  It requires another force you to be influenced
by the earths movements: Since the atmosphere moves just like the
earth, you do not undergo any resistance, and thus you do not
land on a different spot on the earth when you jump up.

If the ratio between you and a spinning wheel were the same as
the ratio between you and earth, sure it would strange to 'stick' on.

But since the earth has so much mass it has enough gravitational force
to keep you down. If you do not believe in laws of gravitiy, how do
you explain things fall down? People don't float around?

If the world is not round, then why can you call a person in another
region of the earth, and this person will tell you that it is dark, and
it is light where you are, this does not add up with a flat earth?  

If the earth would be flat, any light source would always shine light
on every place of the flat surface.

If it werent round, were are the edges? The world has no edges? it is
limitless? Then why can we measure the radius of the world?

Why can we calculate traveldistances, and travel time, according to
math of spheres, not flat surfaces?

There are thousands of facts that prove your theory wrong. And all
you can do is accuse us of fancy words? What an argument. Sure,
if you wish to live in your ignorant little world of yours, you have
the right to do so, and yes you can watch Startrek 2D as much as you want.

Re: People instinctively know the earth is flat!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 07:32:42 AM »

No I didn't. The horizon's slightly curved, therefore the Earth must be spherical.

Plus, unless you think that there is some unknown continent that acts as a barrier around the entire world, where does all the water come from to replace all the water which must just fall into space?

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 10:58:57 AM »
Panda, not that I don't agree with you on the fact that the earth  is round, but maybe you should do a bit more reading before posting like that.  The flat earthers do in fact believe that there's a continent that surrounds the globe.  Precisely, the south pole.  Now, ignoring the fact that this is ridiculous, you're right in saying common sense doesn't prove that the earth is flat.  Now, I can't directly attack his theory, seeing as he never posted how common sense proves this (in what I assume he considered a cunning ploy to avoid a rebuttle), but I'd like to point out that if common sense tells you something that goes against facts, your common sense is, in fact wrong.

Now comes the fun part:

When I was younger, I also knew Santa was real and that a rabbit snuck into my house a placed chocolate eggs there.  Turns out that's not true...huh, apparantly kids aren't all-knowing, who knew?

I mean, c'mon if the earth were round, then we'd all just slide off... and how would a "spinning earth" keep us on

Yay! You don't understand gravity! The earth's spinning isn't the cause of gravity, gravity is caused by an object's mass.

Impossible, don't believe the lies that your teachers told you... remember, these are the same people that have NO evidence for "evolution", which of course it is again COMMON sense that man did not come from monkey!

Now, if you want to debate evolution, there's a thread for that, but as it is, chimpanzee's share 99.8% of our DNA with us, and we have, in fact, observed evolution occuring, so common sense would dictate that it's extremely likely that we evolved from apes.

I'm glad that finally SOME people have come to their senses to realize that the earth is flat, which again only proves that the Old Religion is correct

I'm actually not all that sure what to make if this, other than that you seem like a religious fanatic.  Also, you don't seem to understand either cause or effect; the fact that people agree with your religion doesn't make it corect, not any more than neo-nazis agreeing with Hitler makes him right, which is not at all.

The ancient Egyptians knew the truth. They knew that the earth was flat and that the sky was Nut, who held evertying up and her Husband Geb. Again, everyone knows this to be true, again proving ancient Egyptian Mythology.

Let's hear it for religious fanatasism!! You've managed to prove absolutely nothing, especially not Egyptian Mythology.  You haven't managed to back anything here up with fact.

if you want to know THIS IS NOT A JOKE. I DONT HAVE TIME FOR NASTY COMMENTS, EITHER.

You may not intend this to be a joke, but your entire post seems to be a disgustingly badly played farce, and you clearly have time for basically anything; you're dissussing whether or not the earth is flat, you've got time buddy.

Instead, I'm here to discuss the truths that were set out thousands of years ago by those who worshiped the true Gods, Osiris and Isis.

Are you implying that the god I believe in is somehow less valid than the ones you believe in?  I find that extremely offensive.  So offensive, in fact, that I'm going to apply your own flawed logic against you: More people believe in Christianity than than your "Old Religion", ergo Christianity must be the only ture religion.

Congrats, your entire post is filled with holes, and you've failed to make a single valid point. Moron (oops, did I make a "nasty comment"?)

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 11:09:52 AM »
Woah: you know, 6strings, it's not really fair to use things like logic and reason and evidence and, well, a brain against people like Horus. Someone who believes that an ancient dog-god (Set) is the enemy of mankind deserves help, not, like, reasoned argument and debate.

You should go easy on them, you know? Poor things. Bad dog! Bad dog!  :D

Re: People instinctively know the earth is flat!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 06:25:03 PM »

The ancient Egyptians knew the truth.

Yes and the ancient Egyptians also had Jewish slaves. I guess they couldn't always be right and do the right thing

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 06:31:43 PM »
burn. You can't assume what everyone's instincts were. I knew the earth was round. I knew there is no such thing as a flat planet or else we'd hear about people falling off. With a sphere, no matter where you are on it you're on top so there is no falling off.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 06:33:58 PM »
Alright, now you guys are just kicking him when he's down.  He hasn't responded for a while, he's obviously realized he's wrong and shut up.  There's no need to pour salt in his wounds.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 08:09:07 PM »
Why use salt ? Vinegar is much more painful.

?

FickMyDuck

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 09:08:34 PM »
Dream Theater is the shit

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 09:24:56 PM »
ya know, in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, they had custom-shaped planets. Maybe that's where they're getting all this cockamamy bullshit. Flat earth. why not diamond shaped? fuck, while we're at it let's make one shaped like a vagina.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 09:48:04 PM »
Quote from: "FickMyDuck"
Dream Theater is the shit

where did that come from?

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 10:15:13 PM »
My avatar.

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 10:29:23 PM »

I didn't, I always thought the earth was round, and then in school my teacher told me that people used to think the earth was flat, burn women who were good at math because they were witches and also thought that you had to open every window and door in the house on new years day to chase away the bad spirits of the year that has passed. Oh wait, my teacher is paid by the goverment, therefor must be involved in this conspiracy. Damn.

?

FickMyDuck

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 01:12:53 AM »
Train of thought wasn't that good though

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 10:04:22 AM »
Horus people dont instinctively know things. When I was a child the Earth seemed to be flat true but then I noticed that at the beach the top of a ssailling ship is the last thing to vanish. Hmmm I wondered then I went to school and learned the earth is ROUND. Also just for the record assuming that the earth is flat that proves nothing about ancient Egypts mythology except it was correct on one point. Not that it matters as the earth is round.
An amused
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

Arthas57

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 09:49:20 PM »
Six strings, you are not cool. You pretend you know much more than everybody else, but you really don't.

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »
He really doesnt pretend, no one has really shut him down or torn apart anything he's said with out him making a come back. Once someone shuts him up or stumps him forgood then you're right

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 03:02:42 PM »
Quote from: "Arthas57"
Six strings, you are not cool. You pretend you know much more than everybody else, but you really don't.
Wow you really put him in his place. Obviously because he's not cool he's wrong. Everything he said was valid and right. Unless you disprove him. Which you didn't. Also, don't gravedig. If something hasn't been responded to in this long, that usually means that the topic is over. It's sorta irritating, especially if you don't add anything to it except for your dislike of another member.