Jwst launches in less than 3 hours

• 1802 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: Jwst launches in less than 3 hours
« Reply #450 on: February 06, 2022, 03:56:22 AM »
Show the math.
No, you have to study what I explain above. The math is not easy. The gravity force acting on the JWST spacecraft going to L2 vary with the distance to Earth and the Sun, which changes all the time. Thus the force is stronger the closer JWST are to the Sun and the Earth. But to suggest that the JWST distance from Earth becomes more or less constant at L2 and that the JWST changes its elliptical orbit around Earth to a circular orbit around the Sun after reaching L2 is simply ridiculous. NASA has of course suggested similar things since going to the Moon >50 years ago, i.e. a space craft can jump from one orbit to another in space. But it is pure fake space news.
Show the math. 

It is easy.  Imagine you are on Earth and want to go to L2. L2 is above you in the sky and in the back is the Sun. So you just take off and go straight away from the Earth with the Sun behind you and, voilà! you arrive at L2 after at month. Speed is reduced all the time due to Earth and Sun gravity, so start with right speed. At arrival L2 you have to dock there, i.e. change direction and speed to that of L2. NASA has never shown any math of it, so why should I?

Also, see above. Make up your mind. Is it easy? Is it not easy?
It is not easy. But just ask the clowns at NASA or ESA to explain to you how space travel works. And report back. Don't blaim me that they cannot explain anything.

?

frenat

« Reply #451 on: February 06, 2022, 05:32:57 AM »
ESA/NASA says that by launching a rocket JWST arrives after a month at L2 and starts orbiting L2. We have seen a rocket taking off ... and that's all. No math shown! And now ESA/NASA has announced JWST is orbiting L2.
I agree that a rocket taking off from Earth orbits only Earth all the time. That rocket cannot start orbiting something else. It will always orbit Earth or, if it stops in its orbit, it will drop back on Earth. I can see that from my window.
I am sorry that ESA/NASA hasn't shown the math of the JWST space trip.

BTW, here’s a small taste of the published information that has been being worked on for 20 years in regards to “showing the math” and references to other aspects of the total orbit solution.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/20140008865/downloads/20140008865.pdf

Heiwa is shown to be a bloviating fool and laughable troll yet again.

I have studied the ESA/NASA info about the alleged orbit around Earth that brings JWST from Earth to L2. Of course only Earth and L2 orbit the Sun. It is then the JWST that orbits the Earth, while the altitude above Earth is increased, so it can reach L2. L2 is just a moving point in space, where the gravity of Earth and Sun add up.
The velocity and its direction of the JWST in its elliptical orbit around Earth (and away from the Sun) approaching L2 can be calculated. The velocity is in fact being reduced from the escape velocity leaving Earth to the arrival velocity at L2 due to Earth and Sun gravity, while the direction is always away from the Sun and Earth towards moving L2.

Evidently JWSR cannot slow down and stop at L2. Only the JWST velocity away from the Sun relative Earth must come to zero at L2, while the JWST velocity/direction at L2 must be the same as the velocity/direction of L2 in its orbit around the Sun.

In way JWST must "dock" with L2, like the asstronuts do after taking taking off from Earth to dock with the famous ESA/NASA/Russian Fake/unmanned space station/balloon orbiting Earth in LEO since many years. All these dockings have been fake from the beginning.

So the JWST must slow down and change direction to "stop" at L2. Which is not possible. L2 has no mass and will not attract JWST. And JWST has no engines and fuel to change course and speed in its orbit around Earth. You cannot jump from one orbit around Earth to another orbit around the Sun.

To repeat - L2 is a point with no mass that always orbits the Sun. JWST is a spacecraft that orbits Earth. To change that orbit around Earth to an orbit around the Sun is simply not possible. Thus the JWST is a hoax.

Show the math.
No, you have to study what I explain above. The math is not easy. The gravity force acting on the JWST spacecraft going to L2 vary with the distance to Earth and the Sun, which changes all the time. Thus the force is stronger the closer JWST are to the Sun and the Earth. But to suggest that the JWST distance from Earth becomes more or less constant at L2 and that the JWST changes its elliptical orbit around Earth to a circular orbit around the Sun after reaching L2 is simply ridiculous. NASA has of course suggested similar things since going to the Moon >50 years ago, i.e. a space craft can jump from one orbit to another in space. But it is pure fake space news.
translation: I don't understand the math and because I don't understand it then it must be fake.

?

frenat

« Reply #452 on: February 06, 2022, 05:34:19 AM »
Show the math.

Show the math.
It is easy. Imagine you are on Earth and want to go to L2. L2 is above you in the sky and in the back is the Sun. So you just take off and go straight away from the Earth with the Sun behind you and, voilà! you arrive at L2 after at month. Speed is reduced all the time due to Earth and Sun gravity, so start with right speed. At arrival L2 you have to dock there, i.e. change direction and speed to that of L2. NASA has never shown any math of it, so why should I?

This post here perfectly shows that you have NEVER bothered to study orbital mechanics and don't understand any of the concepts. But everyone here already knew that.

More LIES from Heiwa.

Heiwa

« Reply #453 on: February 06, 2022, 06:30:37 AM »
Show the math.

Show the math.
It is easy. Imagine you are on Earth and want to go to L2. L2 is above you in the sky and in the back is the Sun. So you just take off and go straight away from the Earth with the Sun behind you and, voilà! you arrive at L2 after at month. Speed is reduced all the time due to Earth and Sun gravity, so start with right speed. At arrival L2 you have to dock there, i.e. change direction and speed to that of L2. NASA has never shown any math of it, so why should I?

This post here perfectly shows that you have NEVER bothered to study orbital mechanics and don't understand any of the concepts. But everyone here already knew that.

More LIES from Heiwa.
I have studied orbits >65 years, when I sent my first rocket into the air of the sky.  My rocket took off at high speed and disappeared into a nearby lake after a short orbit. The fuel was a mixture of zinc and sulfure powder.
I can assure you that no object in an orbit can suddenly stop or change course or enter another orbit. You are an idiot.

?

frenat

« Reply #454 on: February 06, 2022, 06:38:21 AM »
Show the math.

Show the math.

More LIES from Heiwa.
I have studied orbits >65 years, when I sent my first rocket into the air of the sky.  My rocket took off at high speed and disappeared into a nearby lake after a short orbit. The fuel was a mixture of zinc and sulfure powder.
I can assure you that no object in an orbit can suddenly stop or change course or enter another orbit. You are an idiot.

More LIES from Heiwa. And flinging insults when cornered as usual.

You have NOT studied orbits at all. If you had then you would not make absurd statements like "So you just take off and go straight away from the Earth with the Sun behind you". Nobody that understands orbits would EVER state that you "suddenly stop". That shows you have no clue how orbits work. All you've proven is your ignorance.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 06:40:39 AM by frenat »

Heiwa

« Reply #455 on: February 06, 2022, 08:12:37 AM »
Show the math.

Show the math.

More LIES from Heiwa.

More LIES from Heiwa. And flinging insults when cornered as usual.

You have NOT studied orbits at all. If you had then you would not make absurd statements like "So you just take off and go straight away from the Earth with the Sun behind you". Nobody that understands orbits would EVER state that you "suddenly stop". That shows you have no clue how orbits work. All you've proven is your ignorance.
Me ignorante???
It is ESA/NASA stating that their JWST rocket departed Earth straight away towards L2 and then a month later arrived at L2 starting orbiting L2 to watch the end of the Universe. L2 is between Earth and L2 with the Sun in the back. When flying to L2 from Earth the Sun is always behind you and you have to fly straight from the Sun!!! If JWST is in the right plane. JWST could also fly to Mars (200 days) or Venus (100 days) to watch the Universe from there but it was only 30 days to L2, but then you are out of plane? You have to be in the right plane going to L2. If not you may end up at Mars or Venus ... or nowhere. The Universe is big.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #456 on: February 06, 2022, 08:53:38 AM »
I love how you can actually tell when Heiwa has been googling immediately before posting

Heiwa

« Reply #457 on: February 06, 2022, 09:19:33 AM »
I love how you can actually tell when Heiwa has been googling immediately before posting
You don't have to google to be told that NASA is the greatest agency in the USA after the central one. Both are experts of fake space and intelligence. The Potus believes anything they invent.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #458 on: February 06, 2022, 09:35:39 AM »
Me ignorante???

Is that really a question?

Show the math. It's your claim. Show us what's wrong about this:

The location of L2 is the solution to the following equation, gravitation providing the centripetal force:

with parameters defined as for the L1 case. Again, if the mass of the smaller object (M2) is much smaller than the mass of the larger object (M1) then L2 is at approximately the radius of the Hill sphere, given by:

The same remarks about tidal influence and apparent size apply as for the L1 point. For example, the angular radius of the sun as viewed from L2 is arcsin(695.5×103/151.1×106) ≈ 0.264°, whereas that of the earth is arcsin(6371/1.5×106) ≈ 0.242°.

If the mass of the smaller body (e.g. the Earth) is m, and it orbits a heavier body (e.g. the Sun) of mass M with a semi-major axis a and an eccentricity of e, then the radius rH of the Hill sphere of the smaller body, calculated at the pericenter, is approximately[2]

When eccentricity is negligible (the most favourable case for orbital stability), this becomes

In the Earth-Sun example, the Earth (5.97×1024 kg) orbits the Sun (1.99×1030 kg) at a distance of 149.6 million km, or one astronomical unit (AU). The Hill sphere for Earth thus extends out to about 1.5 million km (0.01 AU). The Moon's orbit, at a distance of 0.384 million km from Earth, is comfortably within the gravitational sphere of influence of Earth and it is therefore not at risk of being pulled into an independent orbit around the Sun. All stable satellites of the Earth (those within the Earth's Hill sphere) must have an orbital period shorter than seven months.

The previous (eccentricity-ignoring) formula can be re-stated as follows:

This expresses the relation in terms of the volume of the Hill sphere compared with the volume of the second body's orbit around the first; specifically, the ratio of the masses is three times the ratio of the volume of these two spheres.

Now show us your math - Back up your claims.

Heiwa

« Reply #459 on: February 06, 2022, 10:03:03 AM »
Me ignorante???

The location of L2 is the solution to the following equation, gravitation providing the centripetal force:

with parameters defined as for the L1 case. Again, if the mass of the smaller object (M2) is much smaller than the mass of the larger object (M1) then L2 is at approximately the radius of the Hill sphere, given by:

The same remarks about tidal influence and apparent size apply as for the L1 point. For example, the angular radius of the sun as viewed from L2 is arcsin(695.5×103/151.1×106) ≈ 0.264°, whereas that of the earth is arcsin(6371/1.5×106) ≈ 0.242°.

If the mass of the smaller body (e.g. the Earth) is m, and it orbits a heavier body (e.g. the Sun) of mass M with a semi-major axis a and an eccentricity of e, then the radius rH of the Hill sphere of the smaller body, calculated at the pericenter, is approximately[2]

When eccentricity is negligible (the most favourable case for orbital stability), this becomes

In the Earth-Sun example, the Earth (5.97×1024 kg) orbits the Sun (1.99×1030 kg) at a distance of 149.6 million km, or one astronomical unit (AU). The Hill sphere for Earth thus extends out to about 1.5 million km (0.01 AU). The Moon's orbit, at a distance of 0.384 million km from Earth, is comfortably within the gravitational sphere of influence of Earth and it is therefore not at risk of being pulled into an independent orbit around the Sun. All stable satellites of the Earth (those within the Earth's Hill sphere) must have an orbital period shorter than seven months.

This expresses the relation in terms of the volume of the Hill sphere compared with the volume of the second body's orbit around the first; specifically, the ratio of the masses is three times the ratio of the volume of these two spheres.

No, you have to include the mass of the JWST in your calculations to reach L2 and then there is the JWST problem to leave the Earth orbit at L2 starting to orbit the Sun ... when it has to dock with L2. NASA forgot it. But do not worry! US troops have just landed in Poland to prevent the 3rd world war. Are you military?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #460 on: February 06, 2022, 10:04:27 AM »
Me ignorante???

No, you have to include the mass of the JWST in your calculations to reach L2 and then there is the JWST problem to leave the Earth orbit at L2 starting to orbit the Sun ... when it has to dock with L2. NASA forgot it. But do not worry! US troops have just landed in Poland to prevent the 3rd world war. Are you military?

Show us the math.

?

frenat

« Reply #461 on: February 06, 2022, 11:00:11 AM »
Me ignorante???
Yes. And you prove it every time you try to act like you know anything about orbital mechanics.

It is ESA/NASA stating that their JWST rocket departed Earth straight away towards L2 and then a month later arrived at L2 starting orbiting L2 to watch the end of the Universe.
More LIES from Heiwa. I guarantee they NEVER said they go STRAIGHT towards L2

L2 is between Earth and L2 with the Sun in the back. When flying to L2 from Earth the Sun is always behind you and you have to fly straight from the Sun!!!
And AGAIN you show your ignorance of orbital mechanics. Plus your phrase of "L2 is between Earth and L2" is just gibberish.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 11:02:01 AM by frenat »

?

frenat

« Reply #462 on: February 06, 2022, 11:01:07 AM »
And he still gets stuff wrong.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #463 on: February 06, 2022, 11:05:21 AM »
I like the geocentric Universe that I can watch from the windows of my penthouse.
Sounds like more of an egocentric view of the universe.
Sorry to hear you have no windows in your house.
Light pollution found in big cities makes meaningful astronomy from home windows pretty much impossible.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #464 on: February 06, 2022, 11:06:14 AM »
Show the math.

Show the math.

More LIES from Heiwa.

Ah. This must some strange new usage of the word “study” of which I was previously unaware.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 11:11:59 AM by Curiouser and Curiouser »

Heiwa

« Reply #465 on: February 06, 2022, 04:29:45 PM »
Show the math.

Show the math.

More LIES from Heiwa.

Ah. This must some strange new usage of the word “study” of which I was previously unaware.
You know what I mean. To do calculations of orbits between the Sun and Earth/Moon and L2you have to know the masses of the Sun and the Earth and the Moon, which you don't. That the mass of L2 is zero is certain. Anyway, I consider the JWST a stupid hoax. I wonder what the asstrophysicians will invent next.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #466 on: February 06, 2022, 11:13:04 PM »
Show the math.

Show the math.

More LIES from Heiwa.

You know what I mean. To do calculations of orbits between the Sun and Earth/Moon and L2you have to know the masses of the Sun and the Earth and the Moon, which you don't. That the mass of L2 is zero is certain. Anyway, I consider the JWST a stupid hoax. I wonder what the asstrophysicians will invent next.

This explains everything. You spent 65+ years studying Orbital Mechanics without the masses of the Sun, Earth & Moon. Then what were you studying? For 6+ decades? You should have been done with your studying on day one, probably a Tuesday in 1957.

You spent almost 3/4 of a century studying nothing. Subsequently learning nothing. No wonder why your challenge is a sham and you know nothing about orbital mechanics. It all makes sense now.

« Reply #467 on: February 06, 2022, 11:39:12 PM »
Show the math.

Show the math.

More LIES from Heiwa.

I now understand your thinking. "No one in the world understands anything and they make everything up" because you don't understand anything and you make everything up.

Heiwa

« Reply #468 on: February 07, 2022, 03:48:02 AM »
Show the math.

Show the math.

More LIES from Heiwa.

I now understand your thinking. "No one in the world understands anything and they make everything up" because you don't understand anything and you make everything up.
No! I just peacefully present in writing my findings at my website that anyone can visit. If you don't agree, quote me and I'll explain more. I like being linked to by people promoting my findings, but that's all. I am just a source of information with facts I know.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #469 on: February 07, 2022, 11:32:03 AM »
No! I just peacefully present in writing my findings at my website that anyone can visit. If you don't agree, quote me and I'll explain more. I like being linked to by people promoting my findings, but that's all. I am just a source of information with facts I know.

Cool, show us the math as to why JWST can't orbit near L2?

Heiwa

« Reply #470 on: February 07, 2022, 11:49:56 AM »

That's simple. An orbit is the curved path of an object with mass like the JWST around a star, planet, or moon or whatever with another mass, e.g. planet Earth. L2 has no mass. It is just a point in space, where the combined Earth and Sun gravity is great. JWST cannot orbit around it. The JWST orbit is just around Earth. 

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #471 on: February 07, 2022, 11:58:07 AM »

That's simple. An orbit is the curved path of an object with mass like the JWST around a star, planet, or moon or whatever with another mass, e.g. planet Earth. L2 has no mass. It is just a point in space, where the combined Earth and Sun gravity is great. JWST cannot orbit around it. The JWST orbit is just around Earth.

show us the math

Heiwa

« Reply #472 on: February 07, 2022, 05:05:42 PM »

show us the math
It is not necessary. Do it yourself using basic asstrodynamics of three objets in space - Sun, Earth, JWST - with JWST moving between outside Sun and Earth after taking off from Earth and docking with point L2 after a month moving around. The mass of JWST is known but use correct masses of Sun and Earth, if you find them. And do not forget to correct for the Solar wind pushing you along all the time. And the "trim flap"!

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2022, 05:10:07 PM »
show us the math
It is not necessary. Do it yourself using basic asstrodynamics of three objets in space - Sun, Earth, JWST - with JWST moving between outside Sun and Earth after taking off from Earth and docking with point L2 after a month moving around. The mass of JWST is known but use correct masses of Sun and Earth, if you find them. And do not forget to correct for the Solar wind pushing you along all the time. And the "trim flap"!

Ok, all done. Turns out the math works perfectly. Glad I could help.

Heiwa

« Reply #474 on: February 07, 2022, 09:03:32 PM »
show us the math

Sounds too good to be true. How did you manage to dock with L2?

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #475 on: February 08, 2022, 12:17:55 AM »

Where is it stated by NASA or ESA that JWST "docks" at L2.   I have only heard you say that.

S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #476 on: February 08, 2022, 12:23:13 AM »
show us the math

Do you often need to make shit up and argue against it to make a point Billy? How about using actual facts when mounting an argument instead of making it up as you go?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #477 on: February 08, 2022, 03:38:45 AM »

Where is it stated by NASA or ESA that JWST "docks" at L2.   I have only heard you say that.
ESA/NASA have repeatedly told the world that JWST has arrived at L2 and started to orbit around L2, even if L2 has no mass to be orbited around. I just understood it that JWST had stopped and docked at L2. Asking NASA/ESA for clarification is hopeless. No answers. Try yourself!

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #478 on: February 08, 2022, 04:21:08 AM »

ESA/NASA have repeatedly told the world that JWST has arrived at L2 and started to orbit around L2, even if L2 has no mass to be orbited around. I just understood it that JWST had stopped and docked at L2. Asking NASA/ESA for clarification is hopeless. No answers. Try yourself!

I am sure I would get nothing from them if I were also to ask them an absurd question.

There is no stopping, and no docking.

The blue line is Earth, and the yellow the JWST.

The JWST orbits the Sun at a faster speed than the Earth, such that its orbit (which is larger than the Earth) matches the Earth's, and remains at the same point (L2) relative to the Earth.

Under a geocentric model it would appear to have stopped at L2.  The geocentric model is wrong.  That you only accept a geocentric model is your problem, not NASA's, and hence them filing your question under spam.
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Heiwa

« Reply #479 on: February 08, 2022, 04:32:04 AM »

I am sure I would get nothing from them if I were also to ask them an absurd question.

There is no stopping, and no docking.

The blue line is Earth, and the yellow the JWST.

The JWST orbits the Sun at a faster speed than the Earth, such that its orbit (which is larger than the Earth) matches the Earth's, and remains at the same point (L2) relative to the Earth.

Under a geocentric model it would appear to have stopped at L2.  The geocentric model is wrong.  That you only accept a geocentric model is your problem, not NASA's, and hence them filing your question under spam.
No, the JWST started from Earth orbiting it and has slowed down since then. The JWST has never orbited the Sun and will never orbit the Sun. According NASA/ESA JWST is today orbiting L2, but it is fanatsy. L2 has no mass and cannot be orbited around.