Jwst launches in less than 3 hours

• 1802 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Jwst launches in less than 3 hours
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2022, 08:29:58 AM »
I really look forward of an infrared picture of a galaxy or a star or anything at the end of the Universe. I wonder what it will look like.

It will look like unlike anything you could see from your nursing home window

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2022, 10:45:53 AM »
I really look forward of an infrared picture of a galaxy or a star or anything at the end of the Universe. I wonder what it will look like.

It will look like unlike anything you could see from your nursing home window
You mean my penthouse with a view of the Mediterranean Sea and the Universe, if you look up? People are jealous about it, but the roof garden needs watering and a lot of work. And I do that work. Anyway, I really look foward to some pictures taken by the JWST.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2022, 11:23:59 AM »
Since Heiwa is refusing to show us the message he sent to NASA (or just can't understand what is being asked of him), I wonder if we can file a freedom of information request to see what he said.

Assuming he's not just making it all up.

No, I am hard at work to update my web page about it.

You are being asked to post exact copies of what you sent to NASA, and you continue to either refuse or not understand the question.

Nobody wants to go to your web page.

Confused or trolling? Who can tell.   ::)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2022, 11:29:33 AM »

My money is on both. Can't even keep his story straight or convince us even he believes the shit he's saying. He should have stayed to the other thread.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2022, 07:57:58 PM »
Since Heiwa is refusing to show us the message he sent to NASA (or just can't understand what is being asked of him), I wonder if we can file a freedom of information request to see what he said.

You are being asked to post exact copies of what you sent to NASA, and you continue to either refuse or not understand the question.

Well, you have to visit my popular web page to find out.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2022, 10:09:08 PM »

Give us a screenshot of your website analytics. How many views etc. Once you take out the Google crawlers and your spam from this site, how 'popular' is it really?

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2022, 01:28:15 AM »

Give us a screenshot of your website analytics. How many views etc. Once you take out the Google crawlers and your spam from this site, how 'popular' is it really?
Right now is http://www.heiwaco.com/estoniabluffendeltva.htm#kapitel8 very popular (>100 visits/day). It is from a book I wrote 2000, i.e. >21 years ago. People read it and then tell other people to study it.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2022, 01:56:33 AM »

Right now is http://www.heiwaco.com/estoniabluffendeltva.htm#kapitel8 very popular (>100 visits/day). It is from a book I wrote 2000, i.e. >21 years ago. People read it and then tell other people to study it.

100? That's all? All bots and spiders anyway. And how would you know that "people read it and then tell other people to study it"?

In any case, apparently no one goes to your site, no one real anyway other than just me today. I used a whole bunch of different Heiwa site URL's, the main page, your books page, the challenge pages, etc., and loaded them into traffic tracker tools. Not one human visits your site.

My favorite result from the above is:

We'll have to wait till your site "matures" before we can recognize that a human actually visited it...How long has your site been around? 15+ years? It still hasn't matured enough to even register traffic. Hilarious.

Heiwa

« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2022, 02:50:27 AM »

100? That's all? All bots and spiders anyway. And how would you know that "people read it and then tell other people to study it"?

In any case, apparently no one goes to your site, no one real anyway other than just me today. I used a whole bunch of different Heiwa site URL's, the main page, your books page, the challenge pages, etc., and loaded them into traffic tracker tools. Not one human visits your site.

My favorite result from the above is:

We'll have to wait till your site "matures" before we can recognize that a human actually visited it...How long has your site been around? 15+ years? It still hasn't matured enough to even register traffic. Hilarious.
My site is just to promote my books and services and not to compete with FB, Google, CNN, BBC, etc. I think 100 downloads yesterday of a page of a book I wrote 21 years ago is pretty good. All my hard copy books are sold off, so I put them on the Internet for free. You sound like a poor loser with little understanding of what's going on.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2022, 03:01:33 AM »
How embarrassing for Heiwa. Oh well, good thing for his sake he believes he's on a good roll. Can't have him face the end of his mortality believing himself to be the failure he is

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2022, 03:56:08 AM »
How embarrassing for Heiwa. Oh well, good thing for his sake he believes he's on a good roll. Can't have him face the end of his mortality believing himself to be the failure he is
You sound like a poor loser with little understanding of what's going on.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2022, 03:59:26 AM »

That sounds like a pretty apt description of yourself then anyone else around here. R U OK?

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2022, 04:58:07 AM »

That sounds like a pretty apt description of yourself then anyone else around here. R U OK?
No. You sound like a poor loser with little understanding of what's going on.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2022, 11:01:28 AM »

Hilarious.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2022, 11:07:12 AM »

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2022, 03:45:49 PM »
Back on topic, JWST is just a few hours from its L2 orbit insertion burn.
https://webb.nasa.gov/content/webbLaunch/whereIsWebb.html
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #256 on: January 23, 2022, 05:08:11 PM »

Troll is always the answer with you.

And I thought spam bot accounts were not allowed on this site.  :P

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2022, 12:18:06 AM »
Aww shit :( Mission declared a total loss....

Know your place

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2022, 03:55:59 AM »
Meh, we can all go look out Heiwa's window instead.
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Heiwa

« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2022, 04:59:20 AM »
Aww shit :( Mission declared a total loss....

Not really. The JWS telescope has almost arrived close to L2 and soon pictures of the end of the Universe will be available. I wonder what they look like.

Heiwa

« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2022, 05:10:14 AM »

Hilarious.

ROFL!!!!!  ;D
No, most of the visitors study my pages about the MS Estonia sabotage 1994 killing almost 1000 people and the other look at my pages about the Cuba Crisis 1963 about the Kennedy brothers preventing world war 3.
Officially Estonia lost its visor in a hurricane, when the passengers aboard were having fun in the bars and restaurants, and the Cuba Crisis was sorted out by John and Bob fucking their usual prostitutes.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 09:21:47 AM by Heiwa »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2022, 06:45:31 AM »

Hilarious.

I'm going to guess all 270 of those backlinks come from all the times he spams his website link here. :D

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2022, 11:13:28 AM »
L2 orbit!

Now we wait.  And wait.  And wait some more.

I guess I'll see how things are going in June.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2022, 11:21:05 AM »
L2 orbit!

Now we wait.  And wait.  And wait some more.

I guess I'll see how things are going in June.
Yeah, the fine-tuning of all those mirrors is going to be tedious work. I have to believe that a thing that AI will eventually be tasked with on future telescope projects like this.

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2022, 11:38:18 AM »
I'm having a vision of a lonely optometrist out there at L2 going "Is it better or worse? Better or worse?"
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Heiwa

« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »
The best with the L2 point is that it is 100% in the cold shade of the Sun behind planet Earth at -350F or -212C. When the JWST is hit by the Sun it warms up to +50C. Vaccum space is such a wonderful place to watch the end of the universe from.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2022, 01:16:55 PM »
The best with the L2 point is that it is 100% in the cold shade of the Sun behind planet Earth at -350F or -212C. When the JWST is hit by the Sun it warms up to +50C. Vaccum space is such a wonderful place to watch the end of the universe from.

You're right, it is.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2022, 01:49:23 PM »
I'm having a vision of a lonely optometrist out there at L2 going "Is it better or worse? Better or worse?"
I don't know why I'm laughing so much at this, but the mental image is hilarious!

*mirror 12 rotates .000003 radians in literally any direction*
Doc: Would you say that's more focused, or less focused?
JWST: Honestly I can't tell... worse? Wait, did you move mirror 10 at the same time, because that one seems off now

?

frenat

« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2022, 02:13:15 PM »
Not completely in the shade

https://space.stackexchange.com/questions/57377/is-l2-at-a-distance-where-the-earth-totally-eclipses-the-sun

Heiwa

« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2022, 04:32:58 AM »
Not completely in the shade

https://space.stackexchange.com/questions/57377/is-l2-at-a-distance-where-the-earth-totally-eclipses-the-sun
In space you are either in or out of any shade. Light just travels straight in space. So you are either completely in the shade or not in the shade, i.e. in the light, when in space.
The famous L2 point in space is always in the shade of the Earth blocking the Sun behind.
So the JWST at L2 will be in the shade of the Earth when looking at the end of the Universe far away. But I have never understood why I have to go to point L2 to find out. I just look out of my window on Earth to study the end of the Universe above me. Of course today it is cloudy between me and the end of the Universe, but it will clear up.