Random Debate

• 9 Replies
Random Debate
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »
Going back to the Mast after Hull argument. Anyone who has been out to sea MUST have noticed the slight curvature in the earth looking out to the vast sea either side of you.

Random Debate
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 10:13:39 AM »
Heres the same curve you see, but higher up  :wink:  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Earth6391.jpg

Its a biggun'

Random Debate
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:50:07 PM »
I've posted this before, and a couple round earthers agree with me. Pictures mean absolutely nothing, unless they prove something beyond a reasonable doubt.

When cameras take pictures, things get distorted. I've seen a bunch of pictures of a curved earth, but I've also seen a bunch of pictures of a flat earth. Neither picture proves anything for a couple reasons: (1) through all that atmosphere, light bends and (2) cameras also end up making some sort of distortion.

Also, that picture will easily be dismissed as fake/part of the conspiracy by FE'ers.

BTW, anyone figure out that the threads that have been proved here, just compeltely disprove a flat earth, and also prove a round earth at the same time, yet flat earthers still remain ignorant?
It's quite remarkable really that both Israel and Palestine have no qualms about slaughtering the crap out of each other - but they are perfectly willing to work together jovially and hide a secret that wouldn't make much difference to the world. -rdethgy

Random Debate
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 09:19:29 PM »
Quote from: "Big N"
I've posted this before, and a couple round earthers agree with me. Pictures mean absolutely nothing, unless they prove something beyond a reasonable doubt.

When cameras take pictures, things get distorted. I've seen a bunch of pictures of a curved earth, but I've also seen a bunch of pictures of a flat earth. Neither picture proves anything for a couple reasons: (1) through all that atmosphere, light bends and (2) cameras also end up making some sort of distortion.

Also, that picture will easily be dismissed as fake/part of the conspiracy by FE'ers.

BTW, anyone figure out that the threads that have been proved here, just compeltely disprove a flat earth, and also prove a round earth at the same time, yet flat earthers still remain ignorant?

Ignorance and denial is not the same thing.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

Random Debate
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 04:18:02 AM »
That still doesn't take away the fact that the curve in the earth is visible when there is nothing for miles around (eg the sea)

And thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard, of course pictures can prove things!! As can satellites, as can scientific method, as can other things. You can't outright deny every single picture ever taken of the Earth, thats immature and irrational.

You can't say nasa faked the pictures, becuase nasa isn't the only space agency to ever take pictures of the earth. There are hundreds of other Space Agencies, such as:

CSIRO

Austrian Space Agency (ASA)

BNSC

Canadian Space Agency (CSA)

The French Space Agency. (CNES)

(CONAE, Argentina)

Danish Space Research Institute (DSRI, Denmark)

National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)

Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft und Raumfahrt (DLR)- German

(VILSPA)- Spain

ESTEC - European Space Agency (ESA/ESTEC)

European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC)

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)

International Space Science Institute (ISSI)- Switzerland

International Space University (ISU)

International VLBI Service for Geodesy and Astrometry (IVS)

Italian Space Agency (ASI)

Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)

Netherlands Agency for Aerospace Programs (NIVR)

Netherlands Space Research Organization (SRON)

Norwegian Space Centre (Norsk Romsenter)

Romanian Space Agency (ROSA)

Space Research Institute (IKI)

Spanish National Institute of Aerospace Techniques (INTA)

Swedish Space Corporation (SSC)

Swiss Space Office (SSO)

United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (OOSA)

And many more.

Now unless all of these Agencies and organizations are taking their own faked photographs, their own faked videos, their own faked telescope screen shots, and are all in on the same conspiracy, have all done their own faked methods, calculations, probabilities, tests, etc. Have kept every single member of staff from all organizations and agencies to swear secrecy and have all managed to keep it from the public that really, the earth is flat, the sun is small, everything revolves around us, and everything but is this one planet a normal spherical shape.

I really really highly doubt it.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
Random Debate
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 06:55:17 AM »
Very few of the above-mentioned programs actually possess their own spacecraft. Many may possess their own satellites, but remember that those satellites are launched in spacecraft operated by other agencies.
the cake is a lie

beast

Random Debate
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 07:07:16 AM »
As was pointed out, but demonstrated very well by Skeptical Scientist a while ago - camera angles definitely distort the picture.  Skeptical posted three pictures of the same image - one photo showed that it curved up, one showed it curved down and one showed no curve.

The other important fact, is that even if the Earth is round, you would be unable to see that curve with your own eyes unless you're significantly above the Earth - well over 10km above sea level.  You certainly can't see it looking at the ocean, and you can't see it from a standard commercial plane.  If you could see the curve, it would mean that the theory of how big the round Earth is, is grossly overstated.  You can work out the maths yourself if you don't believe me.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
Random Debate
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 08:18:14 AM »
Quote from: "Hydros"
Going back to the Mast after Hull argument. Anyone who has been out to sea MUST have noticed the slight curvature in the earth looking out to the vast sea either side of you.

Are you sure it was curvature you saw?  The curvature apparent at 10 feet above the surface of a sphere the size of the Earth is about 0.06 degrees declination.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is smaller than the diameter of a dim star in the night sky.

Random Debate
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 08:12:19 AM »
Next time you are by the ocean go look in the direction of the sea with no distractions (e.g no rocks, boats, and no land anywhere in the distance) just miles and miles and miles of pure calm sea, and look ahead. The curvature is blatantly obvious.

Random Debate
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 08:17:38 AM »
Quote from: "Hydros"
CSIRO

Austrian Space Agency (ASA)

BNSC

Canadian Space Agency (CSA)

The French Space Agency. (CNES)

(CONAE, Argentina)

Danish Space Research Institute (DSRI, Denmark)

National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)

Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft und Raumfahrt (DLR)- German

(VILSPA)- Spain

ESTEC - European Space Agency (ESA/ESTEC)

European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC)

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)

International Space Science Institute (ISSI)- Switzerland

International Space University (ISU)

International VLBI Service for Geodesy and Astrometry (IVS)

Italian Space Agency (ASI)

Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)

Netherlands Agency for Aerospace Programs (NIVR)

Netherlands Space Research Organization (SRON)

Norwegian Space Centre (Norsk Romsenter)

Romanian Space Agency (ROSA)

Space Research Institute (IKI)

Spanish National Institute of Aerospace Techniques (INTA)

Swedish Space Corporation (SSC)

Swiss Space Office (SSO)

United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (OOSA)

And many more.

Now unless all of these Agencies and organizations are taking their own faked photographs, their own faked videos, their own faked telescope screen shots, and are all in on the same conspiracy, have all done their own faked methods, calculations, probabilities, tests, etc. Have kept every single member of staff from all organizations and agencies to swear secrecy and have all managed to keep it from the public that really, the earth is flat, the sun is small, everything revolves around us, and everything but is this one planet a normal spherical shape.

It appears that you forgot to mention the 'Centre European For Research Nuclear' (CERN) which apparently functions both as an extension of NASA and perhaps as an umbrella group for most of these other organizations.  It claims to employ half the World's nuclear scientific community.  A friend of mine worked for CERN when he was younger and says that membership in masonic organizations was usually required to make significant advancement in any career with CERN.
http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Welcome.html

Anyway, thanks for the list.  It will help.