Americans being Americans

• 223 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Americans being Americans
« on: November 06, 2021, 01:37:22 AM »
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-06/astro-world-texas-eight-dead-after-stadium-crush/100600626

C'mon guys, social distance!

At least eight people have died and several others were injured after a crowd surge at the Astroworld Festival in the US state of Texas.
Key points:

Nine people have died after a crowd surged at a music festival in Texas
    The Astroworld event was called off shortly after the incident
    Seventeen people were taken to hospital

Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said the crowd pushed toward the stage just after 9:00pm Friday (local time) while rapper Travis Scott was performing.

"The crowd began to compress towards the front of the stage, and that caused some panic, and it started causing some injuries," Mr Peña said.

"People began to fall out, become unconscious, and it created additional panic."

The show was called off shortly after several people began suffering injuries.

Seventeen people were taken to hospital, including 11 who were in cardiac arrest, Mr Peña said.

So far eight deaths have been confirmed and multiple people have been injured at Travis Scott’s Astroworld Fest. pic.twitter.com/yDaCZpqdzC
    — Rap Alert (@rapalert4) November 6, 2021

Many people were also treated at the scene at NRG Park, where a field hospital had been set up.

Approximately 50,000 people were in attendance at the festival, Mr Peña said.

All for a crummy music festival ::) Such a waste

You dont need a killer virus to encourage social distancing. You just need stupid Americans. Sure as shit would encourage me! Who would want to hang out with the above people?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Americans being Americans
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 01:59:22 AM »
30 years ago I saw Pink Floyd.  50.ooo people. 

No warm up band.  We shut the fuck up and sat down.
I don't care if people die.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 10:40:36 AM »
The Who concert disaster occurred on December 3, 1979, when British rock band The Who performed at Riverfront Coliseum (now known as Heritage Bank Center) in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, and a rush of concert-goers outside the Coliseum's entry doors resulted in the deaths of 11 people.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 03:56:30 PM »
https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/06/travis-scott-astroworld-concert-stampede-dead-drake/

1:48 PM PT -- The Houston PD's Chief, Troy Finner, just confirmed what we'd been told ... namely, that at least one person had been injected with something via needle -- and there well may have been more.

Chief Finner said a security guard working the event felt a prick in his neck by an unknown assailant while he was trying to restrain a citizen -- and he quickly fell unconscious. Finner says the guard was revived by use of NARCAN ... and that medical personnel did, indeed, see something on his neck that indicated he'd been stabbed with a syringe.

Finner also said some people had been trampled, so it appears there was a mix of reasons why people were injured/passing out ... and perhaps why some died. The total number of people who've passed away remains at 8, and autopsies are underway to determine the causes of death for each.

Seems like a fun concert!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »

Who would want to hang out with the above people?

I know, right?  Dead people are boring!

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 07:33:49 PM »
Very sad.  Almost surprised this doesn’t happen more often though.  I always preferred to hang back at concerts and festivals where there’s some space to dance or chill, but been to enough with people who wanted to get as close as possible. It can go from absolutely fine to quite hairy fast, if there’s thousands of people surging forward.  Couple of times a bunch of us had to really push back hard on the crowd to get someone back on their feet.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 10:38:35 PM »

Who would want to hang out with the above people?

I know, right?  Dead people are boring!

As opposed to Deadheads.  I mean to say, I wouldn't be seen dead at a rap concert.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 08:11:26 AM »
Very sad.  Almost surprised this doesn’t happen more often though.  I always preferred to hang back at concerts and festivals where there’s some space to dance or chill, but been to enough with people who wanted to get as close as possible. It can go from absolutely fine to quite hairy fast, if there’s thousands of people surging forward.  Couple of times a bunch of us had to really push back hard on the crowd to get someone back on their feet.

I went to concerts all the time when I was young. Rushing the stage was part of the fun, but it did feel scary. I made it to the front a few times, and decided it was too risky to try a few times.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2021, 12:59:06 PM »
Liberals don't believe in concerts or fun space cowgirl.

Hey Shifter so I assume in Australia  there are no large concerts or mosh pits?
JJA voted for Pedro

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2021, 03:22:54 PM »
Liberals don't believe in concerts or fun space cowgirl.

Hey Shifter so I assume in Australia  there are no large concerts or mosh pits?

I hope that's a joke, because I'm pretty sure I had fun at the last few concerts I went to. They were Kylie Minogue concerts, so 75% gay queens in the audience, hence fairly liberal.

If it's a joke just ignore this post.  If it isn't, I would be interested in why you think liberals wouldn't like concerts, or fun.
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2021, 08:11:22 PM »
Well because Shifter is a liberal and he wants to shut down concerts with his social distancing BS. Liberals want this boogie man Covid to stay forever in the way of fun.
JJA voted for Pedro

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2021, 09:22:08 PM »
Well because Shifter is a liberal and he wants to shut down concerts with his social distancing BS. Liberals want this boogie man Covid to stay forever in the way of fun.

I'm liberal, desperately want this Covid bogeyman to go away and greatly enjoy the fun & frivolity of live shows. Not to mention I play in two bands (bar bands, not arena/festival level bands) and we've been sidelined for far too long. So where do you get off saying what you're saying?

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2021, 10:01:27 PM »

I'm sorry, but you seem to have a very twisted view of what liberal leaning people stand for and want.

I've never heard a single liberal friend say the want covid to stay, social distancing to carry on, or fun to be prevented in any way.

The only thing liberals (and in this, I may not be Liberal, but I am liberal) want to stop is bigotry, prejudice and the mistreatment of people for who they are.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2021, 11:27:53 PM »
Guys just put New Earth on your ignore list and don't respond to his BS. He's just a dumbarse alt and character troll who just says the most obnoxious dumbarse shit he can think of while being super boring as he tries to shit up every thread. Not that this flippant thread was not shit to start with. Don't bother with him. This pile of shit (the thread lol) is not a hill worth dying on. Let him die on it alone

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2021, 09:05:02 AM »
Really Shitster yet you reply to every post I make. You know I was trying to be nice to you and I even defended your kid when someone here tried to attack him and this is the treatment that I get? Fuck you man.

Calen you ask me why Liberals want to keep Covid and restrictions going? Do you travel at all? I do and I can tell you that every Republican state was open during Covid. Well may be no completely open but definately a lot less restrictive then blue states. I remember I went to Gatlinburg TN in October of 2020 and every attraction and restaurant was open while here in Chicago nothing was opened. Even Disney World in Florida was open while Disneyland in Liberal California was shut down. Facts clearly show that the more liberal states have higher restrictions. Here in Chicago you still got to wear mask, not one single Republican state is still enforcing this.
JJA voted for Pedro

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2021, 11:48:48 AM »
Here in Chicago you still got to wear mask, not one single Republican state is still enforcing this.

You still have to wear a mask at Disney World in FLA:

Face Coverings

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) in all indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all indoor attractions and indoor queues and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings are optional for Guests in outdoor areas.

I know it's hard for you, but do try and get your facts straight.

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2021, 11:51:27 AM »

Calen you ask me why Liberals want to keep Covid and restrictions going? Do you travel at all? I do and I can tell you that every Republican state was open during Covid. Well may be no completely open but definately a lot less restrictive then blue states. I remember I went to Gatlinburg TN in October of 2020 and every attraction and restaurant was open while here in Chicago nothing was opened. Even Disney World in Florida was open while Disneyland in Liberal California was shut down. Facts clearly show that the more liberal states have higher restrictions. Here in Chicago you still got to wear mask, not one single Republican state is still enforcing this.

I don't travel, no.  I do my travelling in my mind through books.  They can take you to far more places than any plane.

Your answer doesn't state why, only the current situation.  Why do you think liberals, and I guess that would include myself, though I'm liberal not a Liberal, want to keep restrictions going?

Restrictions have ended in the UK.  I hated them.  I missed seeing family and friends.  I missed going to a bar, getting pissed, watching a drag show, and laughing so hards the muscles behind my ears hurt. I didn't want the restrictions and I didn't want them to keep carrying on.  I did, however, understand and accept their necessity.

Of course this is purely anecdotal, but I have never heard a single one of my liberal leaning friends say they want restrictions to return.

I guess, I wonder why you seem to think liberals are so alien. We want the same all reasonable people want: health, prosperity, and freedom (or liberty, hence liberal) to live our lives without interference.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2021, 11:52:59 AM »
Disney is a business. 

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2021, 12:28:28 PM »
Really Shitster yet you reply to every post I make. You know I was trying to be nice to you and I even defended your kid when someone here tried to attack him and this is the treatment that I get? Fuck you man.

Those republic states want you to die.

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2021, 01:14:40 PM »
Alexei shut up you Communist troll. First let me make something clear about Disney World. Disney is in Orlando and the mayor of Orland is a liberal democrat so yes he enforces masks. The Governor of Florida De Santos is a republican and he was always against masks, he actually told Disney not to listen to Orlando mayor but Disney being a liberal company that it is, went to with their fellow liberal mayor and his mandates. Why is this so hard for you to understand Calen?

I do not care how you personally feel about restrictions because you are not in politics and you are not running the show, I'm simply telling you that Conservative states meaning states with Republican governors and mayors put a lot less restrictions then Liberal states. DO you understand?

And if you or your friends as  you said accepted the necessaties of these restrictions then you are indeed against freedom and no better then left wing lunatics who created these restrictions for us.
JJA voted for Pedro

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2021, 01:18:58 PM »

Know your place

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2021, 01:34:06 PM »
Alexei shut up you Communist troll. First let me make something clear about Disney World. Disney is in Orlando and the mayor of Orland is a liberal democrat so yes he enforces masks. The Governor of Florida De Santos is a republican and he was always against masks, he actually told Disney not to listen to Orlando mayor but Disney being a liberal company that it is, went to with their fellow liberal mayor and his mandates. Why is this so hard for you to understand Calen?

I do not care how you personally feel about restrictions because you are not in politics and you are not running the show, I'm simply telling you that Conservative states meaning states with Republican governors and mayors put a lot less restrictions then Liberal states. DO you understand?

And if you or your friends as  you said accepted the necessaties of these restrictions then you are indeed against freedom and no better then left wing lunatics who created these restrictions for us.

It's hard to understand because it's nonsensical.

Pure bullshit.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2021, 02:45:12 PM »

Or maybe they wanted it over quickly, so everyone could get back to their lives, as opposed to the anti-vax and anti-mask crowd who seem determined to drag it out forever?

Probably too late now though, it’s going endemic.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2021, 02:45:55 PM »
Everyone knows Mickey Mouse is a communist.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2021, 03:05:54 PM »
Do you travel at all? I do and I can tell you that every Republican state was open during Covid. Well may be no completely open but definately a lot less restrictive then blue states.

This is false.  I live in Utah which makes Texas look like Portland.  There was a stretch of time where every retail store except supermarkets were closed.  Schools were all remote learning and mask mandates were enforced everywhere.

We still have some restrictions here.  Business hours are cut back.  Every playground at Chik Fil A and McDonald's are still closed.

If you compare the most obnoxious blue state to the most obnoxious red state then maybe but on average, no.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2021, 03:08:57 PM »
I wonder if Florida is the state that had the most lax lockdown in the country.

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2021, 05:15:39 PM »
Everyone knows Mickey Mouse is a communist.

Mickey Mouse is due to become public domain in 2024 unless the law changes, I believe.  He's almost old enough to be exempt from intellectual property rules.

So almost, yeah.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2021, 05:18:24 PM »
First let me make something clear about Disney World. Disney is in Orlando and the mayor of Orland is a liberal democrat so yes he enforces masks. The Governor of Florida De Santos is a republican and he was always against masks, he actually told Disney not to listen to Orlando mayor but Disney being a liberal company that it is, went to with their fellow liberal mayor and his mandates. Why is this so hard for you to understand Calen?

It's impossible to understand and take you seriously when you're so full of hypocrisy. First you tried to use Disney World in FLA versus same in California as to how absurdly liberal California is versus FLA:

Even Disney World in Florida was open while Disneyland in Liberal California was shut down.

Then when it's pointed out they they still have mandates in FLA you go on a rant regarding Orlando's Mayor. From the Mayor two weeks ago, "Additionally, you don't have to wear a mask unless your employer requires it."

Disney World still requires masks.

Get your facts straight prior to your rambling incoherent rants. If you do, someone might actually take you seriously and maybe you could actually make a cogent point.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2021, 05:22:07 PM »
I wonder if Florida is the state that had the most lax lockdown in the country.

I'm not sure which is the most lax. Texas is right up there I think. But the NYT has a map of each states current restrictions:

See Reopening Plans and Mask Mandates for All 50 States

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2021, 10:41:27 PM »
Calen something tells me you are not American so this might be why you don't understand how different American states are when it comes to restrictions and other policies. I live in Chicago where restrictions were and still remain pretty strict and I have ventured into many red Southern states in 2020 and 2021 and I found a lot less restrictions there.  If you guys live in some alternate universe where this doesn't happen then more power to you. I know you guys are lazy but all you need to do is visit different states websites and read what the restrictions are and what masks and vaccine mandates are and you will instantly realize that blue states have a lot more restrictions. Jesus Christ guys do I really have to tell you this? Is this news?

By the way Utah is not as Conservative as Texas or other Southern states, I lived in Vegas before and frequently visited Utah, its majority Mormons and although Mormons vote Republican they always had lots of restrictions  there even before Covid, one such restriction was of course low percentage of alcohol in beer. Well of course Utah fell for Covid, the state is restrictive to begin with.
JJA voted for Pedro