What is behind all these conspiracy theories?

• 45 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: What is behind all these conspiracy theories?
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2021, 11:45:00 AM »
Conspiracy is not a theory, theory is something that is not a fact, but it is indeed a fact that the elites and government is lying to us. Whenever you have half truth or misleading information to protect the real objective then it becomes a conspiracy. 9/11 was an obvious conspiracy that has been proven.

Proven? How so?

If you listen to the major news from other countries they openly say that 9/11 was an inside job. Used to just Alex Jones and other non conventional journalists but now they say this on Russian new stations publicly.

Is Alex Jones a journalist? You trust Russian state sponsored news?

And there are many many so called conspiracies. Every government of every nation have conspiracies. Every county is hiding information and giving us fake news. Covid is a conspiracy mainly because its not a virus.

What's your evidence that it's not a virus? Is this coming from one of your "visions"?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2021, 11:56:12 AM »
No, don't shit up every thread again.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2021, 01:43:55 PM »
https://www.axios.com/soros-hoffman-disinformation-tara-mcgowan-b1e7cb89-a4f7-4281-8e0a-3877fe8a3944.html

A new public benefit corporation backed by billionaires Reid Hoffman, George Soros, and others is launching Tuesday to fund new media companies and efforts that tackle disinformation.

Why it matters: Good Information Inc. aims to fund and scale businesses that cut through echo chambers with fact-based information. As part of its mission, it plans to invest in local news companies.

The group will be led by Tara McGowan, a former Democratic strategist who previously ran a progressive non-profit called ACRONYM.

Having a disinfo corporation funded by George Soros won't cause any conspiracy theories at all, imo!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2021, 04:35:24 AM »
https://www.axios.com/soros-hoffman-disinformation-tara-mcgowan-b1e7cb89-a4f7-4281-8e0a-3877fe8a3944.html

A new public benefit corporation backed by billionaires Reid Hoffman, George Soros, and others is launching Tuesday to fund new media companies and efforts that tackle disinformation.

Why it matters: Good Information Inc. aims to fund and scale businesses that cut through echo chambers with fact-based information. As part of its mission, it plans to invest in local news companies.

The group will be led by Tara McGowan, a former Democratic strategist who previously ran a progressive non-profit called ACRONYM.

Having a disinfo corporation funded by George Soros won't cause any conspiracy theories at all, imo!

God help me, now I'm looking for the ACRONYM for ACRONYM.......     I think I just got trapped in an infinite loop....

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2021, 07:08:08 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/reid-hoffman-george-soros-bankroll-media-company-disinformation

Meanwhile, the new company that claims it intends to prevent disinformation is already the owner of a company known for its bogus news. As part of the deal, Good Information Inc. will acquire the controversial Courier Newsroom, according to Axios.

Last year, Facebook was forced to announce a new policy "differentiating a straight news outlet from a political persuasion operation" to prevent operations from driving one-sided messaging and provide transparency about who funds the operation.

At the time, Axios' Sara Fischer, who broke the news, said, "The biggest and most sophisticated example of this type of website is Courier Newsroom."

Let the games begin!

Lorddave

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2021, 07:31:00 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/reid-hoffman-george-soros-bankroll-media-company-disinformation

Meanwhile, the new company that claims it intends to prevent disinformation is already the owner of a company known for its bogus news. As part of the deal, Good Information Inc. will acquire the controversial Courier Newsroom, according to Axios.

Last year, Facebook was forced to announce a new policy "differentiating a straight news outlet from a political persuasion operation" to prevent operations from driving one-sided messaging and provide transparency about who funds the operation.

At the time, Axios' Sara Fischer, who broke the news, said, "The biggest and most sophisticated example of this type of website is Courier Newsroom."

Let the games begin!

In fairness, what better way to fix disinformation then at a source?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2021, 05:53:52 AM »

Let the games begin!

In fairness, what better way to fix disinformation then at a source?
The ideal way would probably be to establish credibility before bringing in a known source of bad information.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2021, 06:58:23 AM »
I don't think the media on the left care about credibility anymore. They will publish lies, and then pretend there isn't video proving they're lying. For instance, The Daily Beast have reported that Ted Cruz is defending the Nazi salute, the video shows him saying that the parents did the Nazi salute because they were suggesting the school board are Nazis. Followers of this kind of media also don't care that it's a lie. This whole atmosphere of distrust only creates more conspiracy feelings.

It was probably better (for our mental health, and belief in institutions) before everyone carried a camera, and before everyone could publish on the internet. The media has been slow to adjust to the new normal.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2021, 11:39:03 AM »

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2021, 02:30:59 PM »
Hmm... it appears that modern racist attire doesn't fare well in the rain.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2021, 03:17:35 PM »
The Lincoln Project is taking credit for the Nazis. I wonder if they would have if the internet hadn't figured out who some of the people in the picture are.  https://www.mediaite.com/politics/the-lincoln-project-claims-credit-for-tiki-torch-nazi-stunt-at-youngkin-campaign-bus/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 03:20:11 PM by Space Cowgirl »

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2021, 01:06:17 AM »
The Lincoln Project is taking credit for the Nazis. I wonder if they would have if the internet hadn't figured out who some of the people in the picture are.  https://www.mediaite.com/politics/the-lincoln-project-claims-credit-for-tiki-torch-nazi-stunt-at-youngkin-campaign-bus/

Oh, that’s disappointing.  Had quite a lot of respect for being mostly republicans (or ex-republicans) making stand against hyper partisan bullshit and disinformation.

Not so sure about the Ted Cruz thing though.  Maybe they overplayed it, but Cruz saying that people make Nazi salutes to suggest others are fascists seems weird to me.  Surely no one does that, do they?  Although it’s possible Cruz thinks they do, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 01:08:04 AM by Unconvinced »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2021, 07:53:14 AM »
Think about it, if you are Nazi saluting someone, then you think that person is a Nazi!

Also, the conspiracy theory brewing about the LP stunt is that the Lincoln Project is taking the fall because the Dems got caught.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2021, 07:25:07 AM »
I could definitely see someone doing a Nazi salute to try to get their point across that they believe the person they are saluting is a Nazi.  I've seen people sarcastically do a military salute quite a bit.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2021, 09:10:36 PM »
This seems pretty well right on the money.

Brandolini's law, also known as the bullshit asymmetry principle, is an internet adage that emphasizes the difficulty of debunking false, facetious, or otherwise misleading information:[1] "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandolini%27s_law
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2021, 07:48:22 PM »
This seems pretty well right on the money.

Brandolini's law, also known as the bullshit asymmetry principle, is an internet adage that emphasizes the difficulty of debunking false, facetious, or otherwise misleading information:[1] "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandolini%27s_law

bullshit     ;D