Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Professional Terrorist
Chips
« on: September 27, 2021, 09:02:50 AM »

These chips look good.
But i had better.
Inspector NSS walks over to the body of boydster and begins squatting while saying "dip dip potato chip". 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Chips
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 09:19:32 AM »
Gross. I can see the acrylamide from here. No wonder yanks are in poor health given that's the staple of their 'SAD' diet

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Professional Terrorist
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 09:22:32 AM »
Gross. I can see the acrylamide from here. No wonder yanks are in poor health given that's the staple of their 'SAD' diet
Like i said.
Had better.
Also yanks tend to go for burgers,crisps,chips and other unhealthy food.
Inspector NSS walks over to the body of boydster and begins squatting while saying "dip dip potato chip". 

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 01:15:50 PM »
Gross. I can see the acrylamide from here.
You don't like chips?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 01:37:31 PM »
You don't like chips?
Or toast. Or anything that browns as it cooks apparently...

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 01:58:54 PM »

I may have fish'n'chips this friday with curry sauce, our chip shop was voted best in south Leicestershire a few years back
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 02:40:08 PM »
You don't like chips?

Well you could roast instead of deep fry. Or use saturated oils instead of your Monsanto GMO canola oil garbage. There are ways in the processing of the chips that can substantially reduce how much acrylamide is formed. But you do you...

Potatoes are an excellent source of potassium at least. Given the SAD diets love of sodium, you could use the potassium to offset sodiums (in high doses) negative effects

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 02:56:48 PM »
You don't like chips?

Well you could roast instead of deep fry. Or use saturated oils instead of your Monsanto GMO canola oil garbage. There are ways in the processing of the chips that can substantially reduce how much acrylamide is formed. But you do you...

Potatoes are an excellent source of potassium at least. Given the SAD diets love of sodium, you could use the potassium to offset sodiums (in high doses) negative effects
You still get Maillard reactions... Guess what those make?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 03:31:25 PM »
You don't like chips?

You still get Maillard reactions... Guess what those make?

No shit... But at a far reduced levels. But yanks like to do everything in full retart mode.

You can't eliminate every toxic by-product from cooking. But with certain methods you can reduce it many fold. Aussies are dumb too. Some people love cooking meat and sausages on the BBQ to get a completely charcoaled look. Idiots

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 03:38:14 PM »
I'm certain you aren't getting the point here. The fries in that picture don't have a ton of browning at all, and yet you're saying it looks disgusting. There's no way you could make a piece of toast that could actually be called toast with less browning.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »
I'm certain you aren't getting the point here. The fries in that picture don't have a ton of browning at all, and yet you're saying it looks disgusting. There's no way you could make a piece of toast that could actually be called toast with less browning.

You have your standards, I have mine. Agree to disagree

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 05:28:21 PM »
I wonder if maybe the smell of oil that's gotten too hot in the fryer and has begun to break down is more of the smell you associate with acrylamide. Because that's a distinct smell too, and it doesn't have the redeeming qualities that Maillard reactions do...

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 08:27:35 PM »
Those do look good, but personally i'm off potatoes till i get in a little better shape as per the blood type food guide.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

-- R  P  O  T  D --

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2021, 03:46:21 AM »
I wonder if maybe the smell of oil that's gotten too hot in the fryer and has begun to break down is more of the smell you associate with acrylamide. Because that's a distinct smell too, and it doesn't have the redeeming qualities that Maillard reactions do...

I only use fruit or nut oils on the rare occasion I use them for cooking at all. Deep frying and especially with poor quality 'vegetable' or 'edible' oils is hideous

Also when I toast bread I only toast it to get the crispy texture of toast. There is barely if any browning of the bread at all. My only kryptonite with cafe toast is the 'cinnamon toast'. idgaf how brown they make it. I love it all the same  8)

I'm not saying I live an 'acrylamide free' life. That's impossible. The cortisol from all the stress I'd get trying to avoid anything with a hint of being bad would be worse for my health. I just look at that picture of chips and think 'yep, American staple food' lol and well, Americans aren't exactly bastions of good health and lifestyle. To be fair, neither is Australia with our love for charcoaling food on the barbie and scraping the 'ash' off and using as garnish over the overcooked meats. We must love bowel cancer (our 3rd most common of cancers)

Know your place

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 05:28:13 AM »

I may have fish'n'chips this friday with curry sauce, our chip shop was voted best in south Leicestershire a few years back
Goddamit I love fish and chips.  It's just a treat, usually on holiday, but nothing beats it when it's done right.  Best one I've had recently was a beach side stand in Bridlington - was near perfect.    I think my favourite regular is in Rye on the south coast - day trip down there a few times a year.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Professional Terrorist
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 10:40:19 AM »
You don't like chips?
Racist.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 10:53:54 AM »
Those chips look a bit crap really, too thin, and don't look like they're drowned in enough vinegar.

I cannot wait to get to the UK next summer and have proper chips.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Professional Terrorist
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 10:59:36 AM »
Those chips look a bit crap really, too thin, and don't look like they're drowned in enough vinegar.

You like it sour?
That's fucked up.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 11:06:26 AM »
Chips need lots of salt and lots of vinegar, that makes them perfect. Friday nights me and my brother would run down to the chippy to get a large portion of chips and ask for "lots and lots of salt, and lots and lots of vinegar". Once I thought I'd save time by asking for "lots and lots of salt and vinegar" but the person interpreted that as plenty of salt but a normal amount of vinegar and the chips were pretty much ruined :(
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Professional Terrorist
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 11:23:34 AM »
Chips need lots of salt and lots of vinegar, that makes them perfect. Friday nights me and my brother would run down to the chippy to get a large portion of chips and ask for "lots and lots of salt, and lots and lots of vinegar". Once I thought I'd save time by asking for "lots and lots of salt and vinegar" but the person interpreted that as plenty of salt but a normal amount of vinegar and the chips were pretty much ruined :(
Instant high blood pressure.
But who is your brother?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2021, 12:03:32 PM »
But who is your brother?

Your mum.

Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Professional Terrorist
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2021, 12:04:28 PM »
But who is your brother?

Your mum.
My mum is dead.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2021, 01:06:37 PM »

This! And the salt thing.

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »
Always do your salt and vinegar at home  C:-)

If you don't have the option, they should really have it on the counter.  I hate it when you have to ask them.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2021, 06:57:53 AM »

If you don't have the option, they should really have it on the counter.  I hate it when you have to ask them.

At some point they switched to having them on the counter, which was much better. God I miss those chips, they were so good.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2021, 07:07:55 AM »

At some point they switched to having them on the counter, which was much better. God I miss those chips, they were so good.

At the (Covid) moment they are behind the screens and they offer to do it for you, which I encourage as it promotes the right behaviour, but I always have my own salt & vinegar out, to up the levels when I get home.

Username

• President Of The Flat Earth Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2021, 09:41:10 AM »
Vinegar and fish and chips is where its at, though a thin crispy truffle fry is pretty amazing too with steak frites. I can't get behind the wedges or crinkle cut fries though.
Quantum Ab Hoc

1 + 1 = 2
"The above proposition is occasionally useful." - Bertrand Russell

Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Professional Terrorist
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2021, 09:54:20 AM »
Vinegar and fish and chips is where its at, though a thin crispy truffle fry is pretty amazing too with steak frites. I can't get behind the wedges or crinkle cut fries though.
If a chip is too thin then its a crisp.

Username

• President Of The Flat Earth Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2021, 09:58:44 AM »
My understanding is that a crisp is flat.
Quantum Ab Hoc

1 + 1 = 2
"The above proposition is occasionally useful." - Bertrand Russell

Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Professional Terrorist
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2021, 10:11:20 AM »
My understanding is that a crisp is flat.
Do you even know what a crisp is?