In case of peace…

• 6 Replies
In case of peace…
« on: December 01, 2021, 03:20:40 AM »
Hello, I'm new here.  I'm an academic researcher. To be honest, I generally don't believe in theories. I hope that's ok with this community. I'm here because I regret the walls there are in the world between people who have different points of view, making understanding between us difficult. I'm a strong believer in science, not as a theory, but as an intellectual activity, a way for people who disagree to momentarily look in the same direction and do worthwhile things together without having to agree on everything at once, without even necessarily having to agree on much... Do you know what I mean?

Re: In case of peace…
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 05:38:24 AM »
An academic who doesn't believe in theories?  Interesting.

How's that working out for you?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 07:05:16 AM »
I make them, I use them, I improve them, I use them, I challenge them, I use them, I destroy them, I renew them, I use them, I use them, I use them .... I just never get around to believing in them. There's no need for that in my field. I wouldn't be as good at my job if I was hanging on to the conceptual tools me or my colleagues build. Sometimes it helps to be attached to an idea for a while, for the time you learning to put the idea to use,but the whole point of my job is to explore beyond the ideas we are attached to to find more useful ideas.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
I make them, I use them, I improve them, I use them, I challenge them, I use them, I destroy them, I renew them, I use them, I use them, I use them .... I just never get around to believing in them. There's no need for that in my field. I wouldn't be as good at my job if I was hanging on to the conceptual tools me or my colleagues build. Sometimes it helps to be attached to an idea for a while, for the time you learning to put the idea to use,but the whole point of my job is to explore beyond the ideas we are attached to to find more useful ideas.
Ah, so you believe theories exist.  Good to know, as you seem to suggest you didn't.

Can I ask what your field is?

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 09:54:21 AM »
Ah yes sorry, not a native speaker. I should maybe have said "I don't believe theories", I do believ they exist :)

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 09:56:14 AM »
My field is computer science/theoretical biology.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 12:05:10 PM »
Hello TCS, welcome to the Flat Earth.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.