Anybody big into radio?

• 13 Replies

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
Anybody big into radio?
« on: September 01, 2022, 10:23:33 PM »
I bought a few pocket radios from radio shack, actually "the source" at the time, but I think it might be back to "radio shack". One of them I got some clay in it, tried to take it apart to fix the sliding switch and now the volume is all messed up... i didnt even touch any of the electronics... i actually bought 2 iof them, 3 actually and gave one away to a young family member for christmas, but i digresss : )

One of them the extendable antenna got wrecked so i switched the two antennas and now both of the radios volume are messed up. I couldn't believe how loud these little things were -  about the size of a walkamn with a speker on the front. I am not sure if i lost some volume capacity when i took them apart... but they some times blare the volume at certain points when you adjust the volume knob, alos the steady volume seems quieter. But i was using one of them last night and i think after scrolling through both the am and fm last night the volume seems to have righted it self somewhat - sweet.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:01:03 AM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
Re: anybody big into radio?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 12:33:19 AM »

I have a Marshall Emberton II Bluetooth speaker, it has a phenomenal battery life and sound, is small enough to carry around and run off your phone, so radio and whatever music app you have.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
Re: Anybody big into radio?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 01:01:54 AM »
Cool. Thats not the same company marshall that makes guitar amps is it? Do you know what kindof battery it has in it?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:04:25 AM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 02:12:31 AM »

Yep, same company, same sound, the battery? No idea but a good one. Apparently waterproof and about £120.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 11:12:11 PM »
It doesnt have a dc power adapter/jack does it?
           -them

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2022, 12:26:52 AM »
It doesnt have a dc power adapter/jack does it?

It does not. However, hours of battery-life and included USB C cable you can jack into any USB power source. Can use whilst charging. Just do this:

Not to mention some crackin' good sound. A friend has one bluetooth connected to an Echo 5 and streams quality sound from just that little amazon spy box.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 11:30:10 AM »
No.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2022, 10:57:22 PM »
No.
When you started that thread in complete nonsense called "get involved", did you mean it was complete nonsense to want to get involved?
           -them

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 11:21:00 AM »
No.
When you started that thread in complete nonsense called "get involved", did you mean it was complete nonsense to want to get involved?

No.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 02:54:58 PM »
Cool!
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 12:30:33 AM »
The volume is screwy again...i think.
           -them

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 06:41:52 AM »
The volume is screwy again...i think.

Can you post pics of the radio and internals?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2022, 07:00:55 PM »
Possibly, that was kindof what i had in mind anyway. I havent found my camera yet.
           -them

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2022, 10:08:17 PM »
Possibly, that was kindof what i had in mind anyway. I havent found my camera yet.

If you have a smart phone it has a camera. I think even dumb phones have a camera these days.