Fast and Furious 9

• 6 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Fast and Furious 9
« on: September 03, 2021, 04:58:12 AM »
If you haven't watched the movie yet then don't read on because those of us which have will probably spoil it

Bought the 4K blu ray and watched today. I think they did a good job ret-conning Dominics brother and Hans revival. The movie itself wasn't as 'thrilling' as the 8th installment (which I watched yesterday to catch up), but this was still one hell of a ride and entertaining to watch. What made the 8th one cool that I think this one missed was a close and menacing antagonist. I know Jakob was kinda like that here but he was never one anyone expected or wanted to be killed. The 8th one had that 'red headed boyfriend' of Cipher. One look at him and you just wanted to kill him yourself lol

Each movie tries to reach new heights of absurdity and they did this here going into space! Was a literal blast. Branson and Bozo's ride looks lame now lol. Also love how they got the protagonist from F3 Tokyo Drift to play a central (even if brief) part.

I've seen a bit of hate on this online. Some people seem to have gone in the theatre expecting some logical, true to life, realistic looking movie. Personally I love these movies that dont take themselves seriously. I have to say though, this movie probably had our protagonists rack up quite the innocent body count!

Hell yeah, I'd watch this again. The mid credits scene was pretty interesting too.  8) And apparently there is at least another 2 in the works

I'm also hoping Hobbs and Shaw get a sequel. I loved the antagonist in that one

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Fast and Furious 9
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 10:19:03 PM »
what are the movies about?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 03:07:23 AM »
what are the movies about?

Cars, babes and bullshit physics mostly. All of them require you to leave your brain at the door while you stuff your face with popcorn or whatever snack you like

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 11:14:46 PM »
I had a '70 Charger.383 727 auto.Parked on the street, someone smashed it. Destroyed.
30 years ago. My buddy had a tow yard.We took it and parted it out.
That night was fun.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 09:17:49 PM »
I heard Fastius 10 is going to take place on the moon where Don finally meets his long lost step dad and they go on a quest and find out there's a whole cryostorage facility full of Brian's.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 10:17:43 PM »
I heard Fastius 10 is going to take place on the moon where Don finally meets his long lost step dad and they go on a quest and find out there's a whole cryostorage facility full of Brian's.

Seems a logical progression of the plot so far :)

Know your place

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 10:34:45 PM »

Seems a logical progression of the plot so far :)

Big brain Justin Lin.