Does trying to live healthy make sense considering an imminent bird flu outbreak

• 14 Replies

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
So, what do you guys think, does eating a healthy diet and exercising make sense considering there will likely soon be a bird flu pandemic? Recently there has been an outbreak of bird flu in Bosnia, but, thankfully, it did not turn into a global pandemic. Will not healthy diet and exercising backfire once the bird flu outbreaks, since bird flu kills people mostly by turning their immune system against them and people who have a weaker immune system have a higher chance of surviving bird flu?

Avoiding eating wild fowl so that the bird flu pandemic does not start with you makes sense, however, the vast majority of people are not eating wild fowl anyway. If I understand it correctly, vegan diet, while it protects against COVID, would put individuals who follow it into a greater danger of dying during a bird flu pandemic.
Vegan diet boosts your immune system and provides some protection against type-2-diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer. Whether you have type-2-diabetes is the best predictor of whether you will die from COVID-19. A vegan (or, for that sake, a vegetarian or a semi-vegetarian diet) almost by definition protects against colon cancer caused by heme iron mixed with omega-6 acids, since heme iron is found only in red meat. A vegan, vegetarian, or a semi-vegetarian diet, therefore, does not include heme iron. A vegan diet is also less likely to be high in saturated fat leading to type-2-diabetes and heart disease.
But all those things will stop mattering once the bird flu pandemic comes.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.
This is my parody of the conspiracy theorists:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71184.0
This is my attempt to refute the Flat-Earth theory:

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
So, what do you guys think, does eating a healthy diet and exercising make sense considering there will likely soon be a bird flu pandemic? Recently there has been an outbreak of bird flu in Bosnia, but, thankfully, it did not turn into a global pandemic. Will not healthy diet and exercising backfire once the bird flu outbreaks, since bird flu kills people mostly by turning their immune system against them and people who have a weaker immune system have a higher chance of surviving bird flu?

Avoiding eating wild fowl so that the bird flu pandemic does not start with you makes sense, however, the vast majority of people are not eating wild fowl anyway. If I understand it correctly, vegan diet, while it protects against COVID, would put individuals who follow it into a greater danger of dying during a bird flu pandemic.
Vegan diet boosts your immune system and provides some protection against type-2-diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer. Whether you have type-2-diabetes is the best predictor of whether you will die from COVID-19. A vegan (or, for that sake, a vegetarian or a semi-vegetarian diet) almost by definition protects against colon cancer caused by heme iron mixed with omega-6 acids, since heme iron is found only in red meat. A vegan, vegetarian, or a semi-vegetarian diet, therefore, does not include heme iron. A vegan diet is also less likely to be high in saturated fat leading to type-2-diabetes and heart disease.

From the official Birds Aren't Real movement FAQ:

WHAT IS THIS MOVEMENT'S PURPOSE?
The Birds Aren't Real movement exists to spread awareness that the U.S. Government genocided over 12 Billion birds from 1959-2001, and replaced these birds with surveillance drone replicas, which still watch us every day. Once a preventative cause, our initial goal was to stop the forced extinction of real birds. Unfortunately this was unsuccessful, and the government has since replaced every living bird with robotic replicas. Now our movement's prerogative is to make everyone aware of this fact.
https://birdsarentreal.com/

Therefore, I wouldn't worry about Bosnian bird flu...

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er

From the official Birds Aren't Real movement FAQ:

WHAT IS THIS MOVEMENT'S PURPOSE?
The Birds Aren't Real movement exists to spread awareness that the U.S. Government genocided over 12 Billion birds from 1959-2001, and replaced these birds with surveillance drone replicas, which still watch us every day. Once a preventative cause, our initial goal was to stop the forced extinction of real birds. Unfortunately this was unsuccessful, and the government has since replaced every living bird with robotic replicas. Now our movement's prerogative is to make everyone aware of this fact.
https://birdsarentreal.com/

Therefore, I wouldn't worry about Bosnian bird flu...
What about chickens then?
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.
This is my parody of the conspiracy theorists:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71184.0
This is my attempt to refute the Flat-Earth theory:

Lorddave

The answer is yes, of course.
Your odds of survival of anything increase with a healthy diet.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
No, actually you should live unhealthy because being healthy is bad for your health as everyone knows.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
If we're gonna be wiped out by a bird, then you might as well eat the ice cream.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

2050 global warming dooms day.
Birds flu us least of your worries.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!

Chickens are birds. Birds aren't real. How do you not know this?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator

Ok fine, you sit there on your high horse talking down because obviously chickens are birds, but what about emus, huh? No one ever stops to ask "what about emus?" Well, I'm hear to ask the hard questions. What. About. Emus.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Eat right, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep and die anyway.  At least you'll be the healthiest corpse in the morgue.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!

Ok fine, you sit there on your high horse talking down because obviously chickens are birds, but what about emus, huh? No one ever stops to ask "what about emus?" Well, I'm hear to ask the hard questions. What. About. Emus.

Funny you should mention Emus from your fancy pants perch. Truth be told, I happen to be an expert on Emus. That’s right, an Expert! After years of studying them in the wild, living with them, eating with them, learning their customs, no one knows more about the Emu than I, perhaps with the exception of other Emus.
In any case, one evening I snuck up on one separated from the herd after I had successfully ‘frogger-ed’ my way through a particularly dense and intense stampede only to find this:

Birds (and EMUS!) aren’t real!!! Prove me wrong!

JJA

• Math is math!

Easily done, watch my impeccable display of logic:

You're wrong.

Avoiding eating wild fowl
Can I at least finish this owl?  I hate wasting stuff.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!

Easily done, watch my impeccable display of logic:

You're wrong.

It's shocking that you would question my decades of research and subsequent acquisition of expertise in all things Emu, aka, Dromaius novaehollandiae.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
BBQ EMU!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.