Pentagon shooting

• 6 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Pentagon shooting
« on: August 03, 2021, 09:05:27 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/pentagon-lockdown-gunshots-846e71a1b78370611ba13beb28aa77a9

WASHINGTON (AP) — Gunshots were fired Tuesday morning near the entrance of the Pentagon, resulting in multiple injuries. The facility, the headquarters of the U.S. military, was placed on lockdown.

The Arlington County Fire Department reported “multiple patients,” but it wasn’t immediately clear if they had been shot or the extent of the injuries.

The incident occurred on a Metro bus platform that is part of the Pentagon Transit Center, the Pentagon Protection Force Protection Agency tweeted. The facility is just steps from the Pentagon building, which is in Arlington County, Virginia, just across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C.

An Associated Press reporter near the building heard multiple gunshots, then a pause, then at least one additional shot.

Another AP journalist heard police yelling “shooter.”

A Pentagon announcement said the facility was on lockdown due to “police activity.”

Metro subway trains were ordered to bypass the Pentagon due to a police investigation.

Multiple injuries, but no deaths reported so far.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
Re: Pentagon shooting
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 09:38:31 AM »
Apparently they just lifted the lockdown about 20 minutes ago. I hope the officer that was shot and taken to the hospital is OK.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 03:12:18 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/pentagon-lockdown-gunshots-846e71a1b78370611ba13beb28aa77a9

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Pentagon police officer died after being stabbed Tuesday during a burst of violence at a transit center outside the building, and a suspect was shot by law enforcement and died at the scene, officials said.

The Pentagon, the headquarters of the U.S. military, was temporarily placed on lockdown after someone attacked the officer on a bus platform shortly after 10:30 a.m. The ensuing violence, which included a volley of gunshots, resulted in “several casualties,” said Woodrow Kusse, the chief of the Pentagon Force Protection Agency, which is responsible for security in the facility.

The deaths of the officer and the suspect were confirmed by officials who were not authorized to discuss the matter and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. The Fairfax County Police Department also tweeted condolences about the officer’s death.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 07:45:30 PM »
"The suspect was identified by multiple law enforcement officials as Austin William Lanz, 27, of Georgia.

The officer was ambushed by Lanz, who ran at him and stabbed him in the neck, according to two of the law enforcement officials. Responding officers then shot and killed Lanz. Investigators were still trying to determine a motive for the attack and were digging into Lanz’s background, including any potential history of mental illness or any reason he might want to target the Pentagon or police officers.
"

Apparently the suspect had some recent priors, but still, no clear motive.

We've never really been a single entity.  We're more like a collection of rabid honey badgers stuffed into a 3 piece suit.  It occasionally bears the semblance of a man

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 11:37:31 AM »
Wow, that's crazy. What kind of person runs up and stabs someone in the neck?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 01:33:31 AM »
BLM activist ?

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 02:28:06 AM »
BLM activist ?

Anyone's guess, but on the surface, doesn't appear that way and doesn't appear affiliated with any group. Just maybe deranged.

"Austin William Lanz, 27, was arrested last April for a break-in at a neighbor’s home and drew police attention months earlier for a harassment campaign involving sexually explicit photos and messages, according to interviews and records obtained by The Associated Press.

Investigators have not revealed a motive in the ambush-style killing of Pentagon police officer George Gonzalez, 37. But Lanz’s past brushes with the law, and neighbors' accounts of recent menacing behavior, appear to suggest the violence was more likely the act of a troubled, violence-prone individual than part of a broader conspiracy.
"

Alleged Perp:

And I just read that he not only stabbed the officer, but grabbed the officer's gun and shot him in the head. Horrific. Ambushed, stabbed, shot. Crazy.
We've never really been a single entity.  We're more like a collection of rabid honey badgers stuffed into a 3 piece suit.  It occasionally bears the semblance of a man