Ancient internet?

• 54 Replies
Ancient internet?
« on: July 30, 2021, 03:51:58 PM »
Title sums it up, I'll clarify though:
It's most likely the internet has existed for centuries if not more.
I'm kinda new to this, are there any theories?
Like maybe the Dark Web is in fact all the information that has existed for centuries/millennia?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Ancient internet?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 04:15:29 PM »
Like maybe the Dark Web is in fact all the information that has existed for centuries/millennia?

The internet has not existed for centuries. Just a few decades.

/end thread

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 04:20:30 PM »

/end thread

You sound very convinced. I'm not. I think there have been computers in Ancient Greece, even google kind of agrees, so google it.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 04:28:21 PM »

/end thread

You sound very convinced. I'm not. I think there have been computers in Ancient Greece, even google kind of agrees, so google it.

I'm very convinced. Also Google is not a reliable source of information. The internet isn't either. You can find anything you want to confirm your bias.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 04:33:24 PM »
it was called telegraph

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 05:01:37 PM »
Tal, this is a flat earth forum. I'm trying to figure out where to move this.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 05:09:18 PM »
Technology, Science & Alt Science ?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 05:10:27 PM »
Yeah, I moved it while you were posting.

Tal, when you find this thread - the upper forums are for talking about flat earth stuff.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 05:15:27 PM »
Haha, I was scrambling to check post times.

Hoping the thread wasn't three days old.   ;D

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 05:34:45 PM »

But how did the ancient Greeks communicate before UNICODE was developed in 1991?  Were there any scrolls printed out in ASCII? Or more likely EBCDIC, I assume the Greeks had yet to invent the 8th bit.

They only has 24 letters so they only needed 5 bits I suppose.

Do we know Caesar's email address?  SMTP wasn't around back then, so it likely was FidoNet?  UUCP likely was an option due to the intermittent access that primitive internet systems suffererd from.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 06:02:40 PM »
But how did the ancient Greeks communicate before UNICODE was developed in 1991?  Were there any scrolls printed out in ASCII? Or more likely EBCDIC, I assume the Greeks had yet to invent the 8th bit.
FYI, ASCII is 7 bit code while EBCIDIC is 8 bit.  Also, the modern internet is more about networking protocols (TCP and IP) than data encoding.

Have you never heard of social networking?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 06:56:48 PM »
FYI, ASCII is 7 bit code while EBCIDIC is 8 bit.  Also, the modern internet is more about networking protocols (TCP and IP) than data encoding.

Yeah, what about social networking?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 07:49:58 PM »

Ummmm, a shit load of ignorant children and 20 somethings with devastating credit card debt and a ferocious desire to outdo their "friends" with selfies and memes and lies.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2021, 04:48:09 AM »

Social justice was lacking in ancient Rome so there was nobody to enforce those protocols.

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2021, 05:34:06 AM »

Ummmm, a shit load of ignorant children and 20 somethings with devastating credit card debt and a ferocious desire to outdo their "friends" with selfies and memes and lies.

Haha of course, I'm not sure how it relates to this topic.  :)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2021, 05:54:31 PM »
The wise man knows everything.
The shrewd man knows everyone.

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2021, 01:28:49 PM »

What are you basing this statement on?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2021, 03:24:20 PM »

Probably by dating ancient RFCs some of which could be from prehistoric times.  I'm pretty sure I wrote some of those.  Hard to remember all ones achievements when you're as well rounded and skilled as I am.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2021, 04:00:28 PM »
I guess it's possible. Maybe they had wireless technology like Australia did centuries ago

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brit’s, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times: “American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the British”.

One week later, the state’s Dept of Minerals and Energy in Western Australia, reported the following:

“After digging as deep as 30 feet in Western Australia’s Pilbara region, Jack Lucknow, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely f**k all. Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Australia had already gone wireless.”

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2021, 04:09:15 PM »
Hahahahaha

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2021, 05:57:37 PM »
I think there have been computers in Ancient Greece, even google kind of agrees, so google it.
Computers existed long before the internet.  Do you even know what the internet is?

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2021, 06:52:02 PM »
I think there have been computers in Ancient Greece, even google kind of agrees, so google it.
Computers existed long before the internet.  Do you even know what the internet is?

Hmm, you're not very bright are you, judging by that question.
Whaddaya think, do I know what the internet is?   ::)

As for your statement before your question, that's called a non-sequitur. You know what that is?
Never mind, I'll assume you don't, so let me put it plainly: so what?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2021, 07:06:20 PM »

Hmm, you're not very bright are you, judging by that question.
Whaddaya think, do I know what the internet is?   ::)
Considering the fact that none of the ancient technologies that you mentioned have anything to do with networking, I'm thinking that you don't know what the internet is.

As for your statement before your question, that's called a non-sequitur. You know what that is?
Never mind, I'll assume you don't, so let me put it plainly: so what?
*sigh* A non-sequitur is when the following statement does not follow the previous statement, therefore a previous statement can't be a non-sequitur.

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2021, 02:16:13 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo's_robot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talos

Quote from: Tal Cohen
that's called a non-sequitur. You know what that is?

So, is this just you kindly demonstrating a non-sequitur to markjo?  Or are you going to tell us what those links have to do with the internet?

This is some real low effort shit, which makes me think you're trolling.  Real cranks usually try to drown you in all sorts of rubbish they've accumulated to support their shonky argument.  Not just lazily linking three irrelevant wiki links.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2021, 02:48:29 PM »
So you cannot fathom that evidence of ancient computers and robots
is a also good basis for ancient internet?
Not my problem.

Btw, there's also evidence that trees communicate via their deep, interconnecting underground roots,
just like a network of networks and an example of ancient and botanical internet.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2021, 03:51:37 PM »
Not my problem.

Ancient robots?  I found more evidence of them for you.  They seem to pop up all throughout history, and even the future! I think we have a guy here who can help with the future stuff, he's got connections.

I do have a question, where did they all go? Did their batteries run out?

Btw, there's also evidence that trees communicate via their deep, interconnecting underground roots,
just like a network of networks and an example of ancient and botanical internet.

Are you talking about the giant floating space trees in a gas torus?

But they didn't talk.  Oh, I suppose these guys could have served as a pre-computer internet.  Do you think they were the network that allowed the ancient Egyptians and Ancient Romans to talk about the uses of pyramids and marble columns in alt.building.ancient.structures on USENET?

Fascinating to imagine. I can't seem to find any USENET archives that go back a thousand years or more.

You seem to have a lead on such things, got an IP address for where all the ancient internet stuff is archived?  The Wayback Machine doesn't seem to have anything.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2021, 03:53:48 PM »
I believe that the ancient sneakernet predates any ancient internet.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2021, 06:09:58 AM »
When the Romans broke the ring of trees on the isle of Mona with fire and iron, those Druids who survived the massacre scattered to the winds, but not randomly, for they had a final purpose.
The great circle contained all species of tree the Celts revered in their lands stretching from the Emerald Isle to the grass seas of the Asiatic steppes. No normal trees were they, Hawthorn the size of Oak, Oaks whose span could hide a village, these were the fathers and mothers of their species and in desecrating this locus the Romans hoped to poison the web of life.

Even modern biblical scholars have attributed the 666 in revelations to Nero and ever since the disappearance of his body (see Jesus), the anti-christ label has stuck. In Celtic eyes there is no distinction between the two, for the Abrahamic religions are worshipers of the dead, their subjugation of women a signifier of their hostility to natural order.
Jesus was the harbinger, the risen parody of life born from the dead wood cross with man as the focus. Nero the necromancer fanned the flames, lip serving the old beliefs at home and persecuting Christians, he hastened its miasmic spread by contaminating the well-head with iron and creating martyrs, more corpses to venerate.

As for the few remaining Druids they were contrite, centuries ago when the oracles had foretold the coming of the God who ate all and his demon children. The followers of the Matriarch had counselled for guile, seduction and feigned assimilation as the only way to survive, as was her way.
The other side considered this approach weak; a warrior priesthood was the answer who would cast back the invaders. Now their folly revealed they would use what time they had to sever the heart from the body to limit the spread of toxicity and grow a new heart. They were not successful the contamination running down the lay-lines before them.

It is rumoured the priestesses never stopped their planning, working down through the ages to thwart the death god and its planned ruination of the earth, its rapture. Let us hope so.               

See Tal, I mean I know you are just kicking your heels until your ban is lifted but put some effort into it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 06:50:40 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2021, 12:03:08 PM »
Now that is high quality, well written bullshit.     C:-)

Not some lazily presented irrelevant wiki links.