Poll

Will Brett Kavanaugh be impeached?

Not likely in this reality.
Not while the Federalist society control the judiciary.
Eventually he will be impeached but the Senate will vote to aquit.
Yes, he will be exposed as a patsy for big money lobbyists and kicked out.
No idea, and don't care.

• 7 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« on: July 23, 2021, 08:36:16 PM »
Serious questions remain unanswered about how Kavanaugh got on the Supreme Court.

Who convinced Kennedy to retire?   

What was Kennedy's son doing working for Deutsch Bank approving Trump loans?

Who paid Kavanaugh's $200,000 credit card debt?

Why did the FBI drop their investigation during the confirmation hearings?

How long before he get a chance to drink another beer?

Will he ultimately get impeached?
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Will Brett Kavanaugh be impeached?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 09:54:39 AM »
I saw a headline about 4500 tips but it didn't say much about what those tips were.

I'm not sure at this point if there's much depth to this story.

But it doesn't matter much. The three remaining liberals of the scotus are 1000 years old and refuse to retire. Because that strategy worked out great for RBG. I fully expect President mtg to appoint a 9 0 conservative Supreme Court in 2025.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 06:44:57 PM »
I saw a headline about 4500 tips but it didn't say much about what those tips were.

But it doesn't matter much. The three remaining liberals of the scotus are 1000 years old and refuse to retire. Because that strategy worked out great for RBG. I fully expect President mtg to appoint a 9 0 conservative Supreme Court in 2025.

The reporting seems to be focussed on the confirmation hearings,  that's unlikely to lead to impeachment unless it can be proved he lied under oath..
What's interesting is the reaction from Trump after the supreme court didn't magically overturn the 2020 election...  :)

"Donald Trump recently said, in reference to Kavanaugh, "I saved his life. He wouldn't even be in a law firm. Who would have had him? Nobody. Totally disgraced. Only I saved him.... I saved his life, and I saved his career."

It was a curious quote, which is now seen in a new light"

So what did Trump actually do to save his life?

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-new-revelations-about-fbi-s-kavanaugh-inquiry-matter-n1274829

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 12:44:33 AM »

Bought him some beautiful boy biden artwork?   

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 06:14:18 AM »

The reporting seems to be focussed on the confirmation hearings,  that's unlikely to lead to impeachment unless it can be proved he lied under oath..
What's interesting is the reaction from Trump after the supreme court didn't magically overturn the 2020 election...  :)

"Donald Trump recently said, in reference to Kavanaugh, "I saved his life. He wouldn't even be in a law firm. Who would have had him? Nobody. Totally disgraced. Only I saved him.... I saved his life, and I saved his career."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-new-revelations-about-fbi-s-kavanaugh-inquiry-matter-n1274829
After 40 years of hearing Trump talk a big game but hardly back anything up with substance, you are going to suddenly believe his words?  The more likely interpretation is Trump thinks by appointing him to the Supreme Court that Kavanaugh owes him, and not that he actually did anything other than listen to the Federalist Society on who to appoint.  Kavanaugh seemed to have been living just fine prior to his appointment, I doubt he would have had any issues had he never been nominated.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 07:37:30 PM »

After 40 years of hearing Trump talk a big game but hardly back anything up with substance, you are going to suddenly believe his words?  The more likely interpretation is Trump thinks by appointing him to the Supreme Court that Kavanaugh owes him, and not that he actually did anything other than listen to the Federalist Society on who to appoint.  Kavanaugh seemed to have been living just fine prior to his appointment, I doubt he would have had any issues had he never been nominated.

Yes, I took it as just more Trump hyperbole.

It's not a case of suddenly believing Trump,  it's more a case of pointing out that Trump is letting people know that Kavanaugh is compromised.  I would have thought it's more indication that someone used Trump to buy themselves a Supreme Court Justice.  The question is who owns Kavanaugh?

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a35853157/sheldon-whitehouse-brett-kavanaugh-debts/

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 07:46:50 PM »
Well that one's easy, the federalist society and corporate interests in general.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 10:14:08 PM »
Well that one's easy, the federalist society and corporate interests in general.

I was under the impression that Brett Kavanaugh wasn't even on the Federalist Society's short list for Supreme Court nominees? 

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/12/03/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-ruth-marcus
In 2016, then-Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump pulled an unprecedented move: He assured potential voters with a list of conservatives he would nominate to the Supreme Court if elected president, Marcus says. Brett Kavanaugh’s name was nowhere to be found on this initial list of nominees nor on a second list released later on in 2016.

“This didn't seem to be a big deal if you were Brett Kavanaugh, because it wasn't very likely after all, that candidate Trump was going to become President Trump,” Marcus says.

But when Trump became a nominee, Kavanaugh's absence from the list became a concern for some. And because of support from major figures in Washington — from former President George W. Bush to Justice Kennedy — an alliance of Kavanaugh supporters got to work advocating on his behalf.

In a private meeting with Trump, Marcus says, Kennedy pushed for Kavanaugh to be included on an updated list of nominees. At the swearing in of Justice Neil Gorsuch, “Kennedy asked for some time alone with the president,” Marcus says, and then a few months later, Kavanaugh appeared on an expanded nominee list.

Corporate Interests?  There's lots of dark money floating around in the shadows, and they would no doubt want someone who they can own.  Seems like Trump thought he was on the payroll.