What are meteors, if space doesn't exist?

• 592 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: What are meteors, if space doesn't exist?
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2021, 10:54:13 PM »

What's a vortex in this context and how does it know to "push" ONLY from the far side of the stationary magnet?
How does it know?

Yes, how does this vortex you speak of "know" to push the stationary magnet in a specific direction, i.e., toward the the other magnet? In other words, why does this vortex only push on the far side of the stationary magnet? What is causing that very specific direction of force?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2021, 11:02:30 PM »

What's a vortex in this context and how does it know to "push" ONLY from the far side of the stationary magnet?
How does it know?

Yes, how does this vortex you speak of "know" to push the stationary magnet in a specific direction, i.e., toward the the other magnet? In other words, why does this vortex only push on the far side of the stationary magnet? What is causing that very specific direction of force?
Hard to explain unless I try to get you to engage in thinking "simplistic" analogies and see if it peaks your mind to see farther.
I doubt it but that's the best I can do.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2021, 11:12:58 PM »

How does it know?

Hard to explain unless I try to get you to engage in thinking "simplistic" analogies and see if it peaks your mind to see farther.
I doubt it but that's the best I can do.

Try me. How does this vortex push the stationary magnet in only one specific direction?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2021, 11:31:07 PM »

Try me. How does this vortex push the stationary magnet in only one specific direction?
Let's get some straighteners out there first of all.

I'm going to ask you a few questions and I'd like to see how you answer them.

1. Do you know what magnetism is?

2. Have you any proof that magnetism works in how you are told?

3. Are you reliant on others for your mindset or do you have experimental proof of how and why magnetism works?

You may think this is irrelevant but it is massively relevant to me because if you answer truthfully it can set you up for taking in hypotheses , if only for that and not doing what JB does which is calling me a liar and BS and all the rest of it which goes nowhere.

Remember one major thing. What I say can be fobbed off as absolute cack if you so wish. Just keep it to yourself if you want to understand it from my side, no matter how far I go on a detour, in your mind.

Patience is the key and a willingness to try to understand my side and why I believe it is potentially something.

If none of this is up your street then simply say so and we do not need to waste any more time on it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 11:32:48 PM by sceptimatic »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2021, 12:11:06 AM »

As far as I know it’s an attracting or repelling force.

I’m not sure exactly how to qualify “proof”. Do I personally have in my possession images of spinning electrons and such? No. The only proof I suppose I would have is any device reliant on the principles of the common understanding of magnetism that were designed, engineered, & manufactured based upon the common understanding of the principles of magnetism and said devices work as advertised. That’s about all I got.

3. Are you reliant on others for your mindset or do you have experimental proof of how and why magnetism works?

Partially reliant, of course, as is everyone regarding everything. You break anything down far enough and there was some reliance on something you learned or gleaned from somewhere else other than yourself.

You may think this is irrelevant but it is massively relevant to me because if you answer truthfully it can set you up for taking in hypotheses , if only for that and not doing what JB does which is calling me a liar and BS and all the rest of it which goes nowhere.

Remember one major thing. What I say can be fobbed off as absolute cack if you so wish. Just keep it to yourself if you want to understand it from my side, no matter how far I go on a detour, in your mind.

Patience is the key and a willingness to try to understand my side and why I believe it is potentially something.

If none of this is up your street then simply say so and we do not need to waste any more time on it.

Makes sense.

I’m game.

JackBlack

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2021, 02:32:54 AM »
You not liking a vacuum doesn't magically mean it doesn't exist.
No a very good answer so we'll leave it there.
No, we wont leave it there.
If you have no explanation, just admit that you have none and thus have no reason to claim that everything can be explained by a push, and then we can leave it there.

Otherwise, actually address the issues that are raised rather than continually ignoring them because they show you are wrong.

if only for that and not doing what JB does which is calling me a liar and BS and all the rest of it which goes nowhere.
You mean it is only for those willing to accept whatever BS you spout without thinking about it; because thinking about it leads to massive problems which you can't address as they show your model is wrong.

If you actually tried justifying your model by addressing the issues raised, I wouldn't have any need to dismiss it as BS or call you a liar.
But that is your defence tactic. As you can't defend your model, you just insult those who dare to question it.

Again, how does the low pressure air above push the object down into the higher pressure below? This defies all known physics.
Again, how do magnets have 2 poles, such that opposite poles attract and like poles repel? This is impossible with air vortexes as they would have an attractive and repulsive pole. 2 attractive poles would attract and 2 repulsive poles would repel.

These are simple issues that trivially show your model is wrong which you continually flee from.
You refuse to even attempt to engage with them as you know there is no way for you to actually address these massive issues.
That is why I call your model BS.

If you actually addressed those issues, and I mean actually address it, not just pretend to and go off on a tangent avoiding the actual issue, then I wouldn't be calling your model BS.

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2021, 04:37:18 AM »
Hard to explain
No kidding. Since it's all just made up by you.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2021, 08:06:08 AM »
How's the view down this particular rabbit hole this time of year?

I'd be curious how 'atmospheric vortexes' explain all the various types of magnetism.

We have seen ferromagnetism demonstrated.

What about superconductivity?

How about diamagnetic materials? How do those work? How come I can float graphite higher over a magnet with aligned correctly than when not?

Mikey T.

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2021, 10:08:26 AM »
Atmospheric vortex that is intelligent and can swap depending on which side of the magnet is facing each other or if you just flip it over.  Magical fantasy at its best.

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2021, 01:01:22 PM »
The fact that Scepti denies attraction exists when presented with an obvious example of attraction tells you all you need to know.  He is immune to science.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2021, 10:57:18 PM »

I’m not sure exactly how to qualify “proof”. Do I personally have in my possession images of spinning electrons and such? No. The only proof I suppose I would have is any device reliant on the principles of the common understanding of magnetism that were designed, engineered, & manufactured based upon the common understanding of the principles of magnetism and said devices work as advertised. That’s about all I got.

Partially reliant, of course, as is everyone regarding everything. You break anything down far enough and there was some reliance on something you learned or gleaned from somewhere else other than yourself.

Makes sense.

I’m game.
Ok, this is where you would be better putting your mind into what I say, even if you don;t agree. Just try and follow it and we can iron it out as we go.

All I ask is for you not to try and look at what you're told, for now. Try and see it from my side.
If anything it can give you a different perspective even if you think it's retarded or child like silly.
Just remember I go by my own theories and of what I believe Earth to be, so everything is based off of that.

Are you ok with this?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2021, 10:58:04 PM »

Learn to cut out the nasty and you may get somewhere.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2021, 10:58:45 PM »
Hard to explain
Correct and this is why it's hard to explain to people who follow a narrative.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2021, 10:59:56 PM »

I'd be curious how 'atmospheric vortexes' explain all the various types of magnetism.

How about diamagnetic materials? How do those work? How come I can float graphite higher over a magnet with aligned correctly than when not?
Pick a particular one and we'll deal with it.

You pick one and explain what happens and why you think it happens and we'll go from there.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2021, 11:06:03 PM »
Atmospheric vortex that is intelligent and can swap depending on which side of the magnet is facing each other or if you just flip it over.  Magical fantasy at its best.
It's not about being intelligent. It's about pressure differences and movement of it.

You likely have a big wind in mind and are wondering why you can't feel wind around a magnet.
If that's the case then you'll never understand any of this.

The trouble with people like you is, you spend far too much time being nasty or just being scared to actually take anything in for fear it makes you feel silly or that other like minded people will call you it.

I have very little time for people like you but plenty of time for those who I believe do actually want to try and understand, even if they think it's garbage to them.

That's tehhe difference between the decent people and the likes of you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2021, 11:07:52 PM »
The fact that Scepti denies attraction exists when presented with an obvious example of attraction tells you all you need to know.  He is immune to science.
There's no obvious example of attraction to me. To you there is because you accept pull as being a cause but it's because we are used to push and pull as movement.

I get that but you can't really show me attraction and explain it fully...can you?

If you can then let's see it from your own writing.

JackBlack

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2021, 01:20:02 AM »
Learn to cut out the nasty and you may get somewhere.
Follow your own advice.
Learn to cut out the nasty and actually deal with the issues raised.
Then you might get somewhere.

Until then I will continue to object to your BS.
As you give no one who questions you respect, I see no reason to hold back any punches.

Again, how do you explain the polarity of magnets such that like poles repel and opposite poles attract?
Again, how do you explain the low pressure air above pushing an object down into the higher pressure air below?

It has nothing to do with any narrative.
Instead it is about actually thinking about what you say and how that compares with what is observed in reality.
What you say makes no sense when compared with reality.

The trouble with people like you is, you spend far too much time being nasty or just being scared to actually take anything in for fear it makes you feel silly or that other like minded people will call you it.
No, the "trouble" with people like us is that we actually care about having beliefs that make sense and match reality. So when presented with what appears to be pure nonsense, we question it and think about it. If this means we see massive issues, we raise them.

That is why you have very little time for people like us, because we will actually think rather than just accepting your BS.
You have shown you are not willing to address any of these issues, so the problem does not lie with us.

Mikey T.

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2021, 04:51:25 AM »
It's not about being intelligent. It's about pressure differences and movement of it.

You likely have a big wind in mind and are wondering why you can't feel wind around a magnet.
If that's the case then you'll never understand any of this.

I have very little time for people like you but plenty of time for those who I believe do actually want to try and understand, even if they think it's garbage to them.

That's tehhe difference between the decent people and the likes of you.
So you want me to start insulting you again, got it. 
So fool, your assumption about me thinking there would be a wind that I could feel 8s incorrect.  I said it is pure garbage fantasy to think this atmospheric pressure changes directions just by flipping the magnet over, the same two sides of the magnets now repel.  Or spinning it around, this atmospheric pressure must have some intelligence behind it to reverse directions, well only for another magnet too.  It must choose to reverse because it does change directions and you claim it is built up pressure.  You are a stupid lying shithead, there I was nasty also.  While I'm on that topic, I explained this to you before, I only return the attitude you start.  You must be a special kind of moron.  So back to my little fool dancing for his betters, me.  Dance little fool dance.  Avoid providing explanations, just spout words.  Throw a fit when you ate questioned, call people names and lie.  Come on, dance fool dance. 

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2021, 08:07:26 AM »
Hard to explain

Well you admitting you made it up may be the most honest thing you have said here (that is not a compliment).  Trying to get you to explain something you just made up is a waste of time.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2021, 08:55:25 AM »

Pick a particular one and we'll deal with it.

You pick one and explain what happens and why you think it happens and we'll go from there.

Why do I have to explain how I think something works before you can explain how you think it works?

You should be fully capable of picking one of those and explaining it, instead of just making demands of others before you explain YOUR theory.

You're just evading because you don't actually have any idea how any of those work.

But if you insist I pick, lets go with diamagnetism. How does the atmospheric vortex act on a diamagnetic material?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2021, 09:35:41 AM »
If everything is a push and there is no pull, can you explain the push forces in the below picture
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2021, 10:14:10 AM »

Makes sense.

I’m game.
Ok, this is where you would be better putting your mind into what I say, even if you don;t agree. Just try and follow it and we can iron it out as we go.

All I ask is for you not to try and look at what you're told, for now. Try and see it from my side.
If anything it can give you a different perspective even if you think it's retarded or child like silly.
Just remember I go by my own theories and of what I believe Earth to be, so everything is based off of that.

Are you ok with this?

Seems reasonable. I'm ok with this.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2021, 10:33:22 PM »
Hard to explain

Well you admitting you made it up may be the most honest thing you have said here (that is not a compliment).  Trying to get you to explain something you just made up is a waste of time.
If it's my theory then obviously it's made up by myself.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2021, 10:48:56 PM »
If everything is a push and there is no pull, can you explain the push forces in the below picture

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2021, 11:08:20 PM »

Makes sense.

I’m game.

Are you ok with this?

Seems reasonable. I'm ok with this.
Ok to get to my point is to explain my atmospheric set up.

The magnet is like an evacuation chamber.
Instead of a pump pushing atmosphere away and allowing natural expansion of molecules within the chamber, the magnet is created by Forcing atmosphere back by process of heating to expand molecules from within, leaving a low pressure that is consistently pushed against by the external atmosphere, just like a chamber would.

Let's see if you're getting what I'm saying at this point because we need to clarify as we go.

Now remember, this is from my side so try and grasp it rather than use mainstream ideals to counter anything.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2021, 11:59:12 PM »

Instead of a pump pushing atmosphere away and allowing natural expansion of molecules within the chamber, the magnet is created by Forcing atmosphere back by process of heating to expand molecules from within, leaving a low pressure that is consistently pushed against by the external atmosphere, just like a chamber would.

Let's see if you're getting what I'm saying at this point because we need to clarify as we go.

Now remember, this is from my side so try and grasp it rather than use mainstream ideals to counter anything.

Ok, I'm not sure how to address this, but I'll try. So the magnet is heated which creates a low pressure around it. That low pressure pushes against the normally higher atmospheric pressure around it, then what happens?

As an aside, what is generating this heat that is creating the low pressure around the magnet?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2021, 02:39:34 AM »

Ok, I'm not sure how to address this, but I'll try. So the magnet is heated which creates a low pressure around it. That low pressure pushes against the normally higher atmospheric pressure around it, then what happens?

As an aside, what is generating this heat that is creating the low pressure around the magnet?
Not quite. It'll take some explaining and I won't be explaining clearly so it make take some time.

To make a magnet you have to push away atmosphere and trap the remaining broken down molecules within the magnet which means the atmosphere is always trying to equalise.

To heat up is to agitate molecules, like any heating method.

Are you with me so far?

JackBlack

« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2021, 02:50:17 AM »

And what happens if the rope is cut? The people fall backwards, showing you are missing a key force.
That force is the pulling force between them.

And just how does your molecular chain hold itself together? You never addressed that either.
Remember this simple diagram:

How does the left side move?

And again, how do the polarity of magnets work so that like poles repel and opposite poles attract?
And again, how does the low pressure air above push an object down into the high pressure air below?

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2021, 06:40:35 AM »
Hard to explain

If it's my theory then obviously it's made up by myself.
A theory is only established as correct if it can explain, and even predict things. So please explain how my turning one magnet over causes the other to be "pushed" in a different direction.  As the first magnet approaches the second, what in your theory determines the direction the second magnet will be pushed?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2021, 06:57:46 AM »

Not quite. It'll take some explaining and I won't be explaining clearly so it make take some time.

To make a magnet you have to push away atmosphere and trap the remaining broken down molecules within the magnet which means the atmosphere is always trying to equalise.

To heat up is to agitate molecules, like any heating method.

Are you with me so far?

Got it. Is there something about a specific type of material that pushes and traps and agitates its own molecules as opposed to other materials that don't. In other words, what makes some materials magnetic and others not?

If I understand, in its agitated state, the magnet is pushing away the atmosphere around it. What happens next after the magnet's molecules are agitated?